Why can't the United States have gun laws like Australia? Canada, Australia, Germany, UK...

Why can't the United States have gun laws like Australia? Canada, Australia, Germany, UK, nor France have the gun homicide we do. Why do the Republicans keep taking us backwards whenever we finally make progress?

I mean, even within the last few days, Trump and his Republican shits made it so that the mentally Ill can purchase guns! What the fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W66TPHy5lJw
reason.com/blog/2017/02/03/how-a-never-enforced-rule-being-possibly
kfor.com/2016/06/20/jury-finds-homeless-veteran-guilty-in-norman-hostage-trial/
lawfirmofoklahoma.com/practice-areas/gun-crimes
swoknews.com/local/man-guilty-home-invasion-shooting
lenconnect.com/article/20101130/NEWS/311309919
leagle.com/decision/1981439107MichApp332_1407/PEOPLE v. YARBROUGH
in.gov/judiciary/opinions/pdf/06231601mb.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nobody? This is a serious problem, 36,000 people died last year.

Because nobody does shootings quite like Australians

Cause their usually niggers or non whites.

Most of those were suicides. Sad, but not a valid reason to deny other people their rights to the means for self defense.

Most of the non-suicides are gang violence; most between gangs. Gang members arent known to follow laws or acquire their firearms through legal means.

The leftover is a very small number of that 36k. We're talking like 3-5000 max. Thats like 1 in 70000, and a large number of them would not have been victimized if they had firearms to protect themselves.

People who unironically argue that we need more guns to reduce gun violence are literal retards and need to be euthanized. Every reasonable person knows gun control will reduce gun deaths in the long run but we don't want to give up the freedom.

all that the restrictive gun laws got me was 5 sudanese niggers pointing pistols at me at 2 am on a sunday, demanding my tv

Why can't liberals do us a favor and stop committing most of the shootings. Funny how liberals act all PC but are literally scum of the earth.

Because I like guns and I'm a free American. So fuck you for thinking you can tell me what I can own.

You're a criminal. You have obtained a gun by illegal means. You are looking to burglarize a house for property and money.

You come to a fork in the road. Each leads to a different house.

To your left, a single female in her mid 30s who does not own a firearm.

To your right, a 4 person family. The father/head of the household is known to go to the range often and has multiple guns in the house. His wife, and two children have all also been educated on the safe usage of said firearms.

Which house are you burglarizing?

Criminals look for opportunities. If every law abiding, mentally healthy citizen had a gun, the risk of committing a crime on someone's safety or property skyrockets, and thus would lower violent crime rates.

Fuck you, that's why.

Yea, Dylan Roof was a liberal. Totally.

We regulate cars more than we regulate guns.

>If every law abiding, mentally healthy citizen had a gun

Everyone is healthy mentally until they pull the trigger, aren't they? Nobody should have guns, nobody can handle the responsibility of taking a life.

Furthermore why do you need 30 round clips? If every gun was a 6 shooter, wouldn't that save lives?

>we regulate cars more than we regulate guns

I could walk around my city with my pistol loaded and on my holster every waking hour of every day for 10 years straight and the risk to the citizens around me is 0%. Guns do not fire themselves, and as long as it is holstered and untouched, it has a near impossible chance to malfunction.

Every single time I get in my car, I'm one small mistake, bad turn, or vehicle part malfunctioning away from ending someone's life.

To the 2nd question, its irrelevant. If somebody wants to kill people and do damage, they'll find a way to do it whether guns have 10 or 100 rounds in them. The only difference would be preparation of equipment, and practice with reloading quicker. I can drop the magazine, and reload on my pistol in about a second.

I've taken way more than 30 lives and I never used a gun.

Also a clip =/= a magazine.

I think he meant clipazines.

I fucking love not having the right to owning a gun for protecting myself and my family and I absolutely love how women can't own pepper spray

don't be so racist against our rapeplacements.

Are those the shoulder things that go up?

I'll turn in my guns when the army and police do. Until then there is still a valid use for them. Dylan Roof was a fucking retard and the outlier doesn't disprove the norm faggot.

No, here is an example of a deadly 600 round assault clipazine.
youtube.com/watch?v=W66TPHy5lJw

and how stab proof armor and bullet proof armor is illegal because 'people will use it to rob banks'

yeah because my first concern when i'm screaming at the 19 year old at the bank counter for my fucking money is a cop grabbing a samurai sword and stabbing me!

I want more freedom not less

I want to live around people disciplined enough to handle that freedom

The deaths don't bother me because they don't fit into that category

Fuck you pussy

This is some stupid shit. You're just regurgitating liberal talking points. No we don't regulate cars more than guns, but even if we did, it would make sense because you can kill a lot more people with a car. This isn't the case, though. Why don't you consider people who are killed or injured in car accidents to those killed or injured by guns?

> If every gun was a 6 shooter, wouldn't that save lives?

What if every gun could just shoot one round before being reloaded? What's your point? Do you realize you don't have one? Why regulate the amount of rounds one can put in a magazine by some arbitrary number (also, it isn't a clip, you retard).

Nobody is disciplined enough to handle firearms. That is the problem.

You're retarded.

Even if this statement was true, they exist, so you might as well have one and know how to use it to protect yourself against all of the 'undisciplined' people who will have one.

1: inherent right granted by the fabric of the country.
2: gun deaths are a symptom of bigger issues.
Any level of gun violence is just knife and blunt force anywhere else. The best course of action is to discover the philosophical and ideological reason why there is so much violence and to neutralize it.

How'd you reach that conclusion, Columbo?

DON'T BE SO RACIST IT IS WORK PLACE VIOLENCE NOT GUN VIOLENCE

>Canada, Australia, Germany, UK, nor France have the gun homicide we do.

And white Americans have similar homicide levels to those countries

Gun crime and murder is a black problem, gun control won't fix it

Fun Fact: Even the ACLU supported that gun bill.

reason.com/blog/2017/02/03/how-a-never-enforced-rule-being-possibly

>gun homocide

90% are blacks slaughtering each other. It's the perfect population control.

All those damn republican nigger and spic gangs

Get a fucking clue retard

Not even cops or the military? It's going to be awful tough for the cops to protect the public (don't forget that illegal guns will definitely exist if guns are outlawed tomorrow) or the military to fight wars without guns, but hey, if nobody is disciplined enough to have a gun...

> how'd you reach that conclusion
> 36,000 gun deaths in the US.

Huh, neat.

>1: inherent right granted by the fabric of the country.
It's not 1746 anymore. Seriously, nobody needs a gun for hunting nor is it any longer "Necessary for a free state". The 2nd amendment is outdated.

We have amazing production values and amazingly gullible idiots

well fuck, looks like we're going to have to disband the entire USAF, and the USN... and even the US Army. don't forget the USMC either, we can't let people have access to guns, nuclear missiles, or strike fighters!

i mean come on, i remember just last week when some F-15E dropped a Mk-82 snake eye on my wife's son's house. not to mention the time that squad of delta force guys came through and raped my antique collection of huntsman spiders...

tell me user, how often do you get hit by stray nuclear missiles? every 5 hours or so? my mate down the road got hit by one last week, apparently the guy in charge of using them accidentally shot cum all over the launch panel while wanking to ivanka.

these damn irresponsible armed forces members, can't trust them for shit.

#disbandthemilitary
#openourborders

Bait, but I'll take it.

Most of those are suicides, self defense killings, or niggers with illegal guns killing other niggers with illegal guns.

When I rape your family and then execute them one by one will you still be thankful that I am the only one to have the Gun ?

>Canada, Australia, Germany, UK, nor France have the gun homicide we do.

And none of those countries had nearly the gun homicide we do before they passed stricter gun laws either.

It's almost like they don't have large amounts of a certain melanin-rich people who like to shoot each other over turf wars, drugs, Air Jordans, etc. Hmm... really makes you think.

Gun crime went down
Violent crime went up.

Gun bans don't do shit. People will still get them via other sources and petty thieves just move on to knives and blunt weapons. This is how you end up cucked like the UK

I like how he was able to fire the gun faster than the gun can fire.

>clips
kys

>and couldn't remember where he parked his car.

>36,000
Most of which are suicides.

>its not 1746 anymore. Nobody needs a gun for hunting.

1. he said nothing about hunting; we've been talking protection this entire time.

2. As a nation of free people, you should be allowed to hunt if you want to, again, so long as you're not a criminal or hurting anyone else.

Bill of rights retard, if one is outdated then all are. In which case if all didn't and you're speaking out against guns and since the current government is progun, you should be thrown in jail and punished harshly. How dare you speak against the state?

>and shot his AR-15 indoors so quietly that a guy sitting 6 inches away from the barrel described the noise as "firecrackers"

36,000 people is literally nobody.

Like I said, I don't care about them. The ones that are left I the ones I want to live with.

All those people were losers who sucked at freedom. Kinda like you.

you realize if we got rid of your beloved negros gun violence would be almost non existent

> Australian.

Well none of you cunts are allowed to own guns for self defense and how many of your family get's raped and executed daily?

>Most of those are suicides, self defense killings, or niggers with illegal guns killing other niggers with illegal guns.
Hence, getting rid of the guns are not the solution. Getting rid of niggers is.

Right now we are not allowed them for legal reasons.
>That says nothing about obtaining them for home invasions.

You really are not too intelligent, Work on it, sad!.

Or let me put some of my thoughts another way.

I work 911 Dispatch/Response. I, and many of the people in my center, have had experiences where somebody was killed on the phone waiting for police response, which even in the largest cities and best case scenarios, is still 90-150 seconds away. In rural areas, the response time starts going into double digit minutes. All of us have also taken multiple calls in which the break-in/incident was happening in progress, and the moment they showed their weapon to the suspect, or retrieved it from their room, the suspect thought twice, and fled, and the incident was over.

Would all of them live had they had a firearm to protect themselves? Maybe not. But they certainly would've stood a better chance.

>Even the ACLU
It's a crying fucking shame that an organization purporting to (and in most cases, genuinely trying to) staunchly defend civil liberties has come to be known as a generally anti-gun organization.

>ITT : There are people that honestly think a criminal procuring a gun will do it legitimately and lawfully.

Ey Ey EY yo hol up muah niggar I gots to gets me done 12 more home invasions to levelup mah gatt to da ak47 shhhiiiieeeett

I'm glad we've gotten to this. The bill of rights ARE nearly all outdated. All of them.

> 1st amendment doesn't restrict hate speech nor stop people from spreading hate speech or fake news.
> 2nd doesn't ban guns enough.
> 3rd is literally outdated.
> 4th literally lets people get away with terrorist acts by hiding evidence in homes behind the courts.
> 5th literally lets cops and other people who are OBVIOUSLY guilty of a crime go free through technicality.
> 6th Outdated
> 7th literally outdated
> 8th EVERYTHING TODAY IS EXCESSIVE BAIL.
> 9th and 10th are only ones that matter today. Gay marriage is a right now. Abortion is a right. Etc etc. This should be the first.

37% of Americans own guns.
Approx 330,000,000 Americans

That's approx 122 million people with guns. They're doing just fine and it's nice havin em around because they're good at not sucking and being free.

36,000 of the others were too shitty to gun.

Would you rather those folks stuck around and shared the road with you or voted in elections with you or prepared food or medical services that could affect your health in someway?

Gun conTROLL faggot is a faggot

Thomas Jefferson said the constitution should be re-written every 20-25 years. It's not the ten commandments.

1.3 million people die in car accidents yearly. That is over 36x as many people. You were bitching about how cars are regulated more than guns (which isn't true), but if they were it would make sense.

m8, did you even read that? The ACLU was for removing the obummer restriction

BIN THAT KNOFE LAD

cause we don't have a nigger problem. yet anyways

Ted Bundy killed more than 100 people, without using a gun. All you need is a crowbar and murderous intent, guns are just another weapon to be used, no difference.

man if we had your gun laws here
you have no idea how many deaths would happen in the first two weeks

>1.3 million people die in car accidents yearly.
((Citations Needed))
((Your wrong))

It's pretty bad when I know your own numbers better than you. You all clearly don't operate on facts or reason.

So if you don't agree with any of the foundations our country was built upon, why don't you just leave?

You dont even have like a 50% agreement with any of that. What is left here for you?

The real question is, why isn't the government giving every citizen free guns? Bearing arms is a right

guns are less reliable than a good melee weapon.

> know your own numbers better than you

What did he mean by this?

This. And no sound either, in most cases more convienient. It would've been 10 times easier to catch Bundy if he did use a gun, which he had access to.

Pretty rare occurrence, because the ACLU hardly ever speaks out against gun regulations or takes up cases to protect gun rights. They're really good about defending the Bill of Rights, except for the 2nd Amendment, which they like to pretend doesn't exist.

But it's OK, at least the NRA is around to pick up their slack when it comes to defending the 2nd.

Globally, you dipshit.

You should be publicly humiliated by the president and executed via a thousand cut in a bath of ethanol for your insolence to your benevolent overlord state.

SHALL

I wish Canada had looser gun regulation Everyone should own as many guns as you can to discourage the government from being stupid.
Thank you USA for being smart and not beta like the rest of the fucktard world.

canada should have the second amendment

GOD

BLESS

AMERICA

what a cute dog

NOT

BE

INFRINGED

I was born here. My family lives here. They have lived here for generations. I love the USA.

Just we should make our gun laws more like Europe's and fix a few things. What's wrong with making your country better?

I dont know if you've been paying attention to Europe lately. It's not pretty.

Also, lets swap country with religion.

If you're born into a religion that you dont agree with any of its core principles or tenants, you don't look to reform fundamental and core components of it; you get another religion.

just TRY taking the guns away from some americans

it

aint

happening

Lets make some laws to protect people from being killed by guns surely that will stop 'em.
Lets see.
Its already a felony crime to point a gun at someone
Its already a felony crime to shoot someone
Its already a felony crime to use a gun while committing a crime
Its already a felony to carry a weapon around without a permit, if said person is a prior convict they cant get a gun permit, and also its already a felony for a criminal to even have a gun.
So you shoot someone and you rack up all these charges in one go each one will earn you many years in a cage. And dont think you can argue your way and say its double jeopardy to rack up so many charges while shooting someone, because that defense has already been tried and failed and that person is going to spend a very long time in prison.

kfor.com/2016/06/20/jury-finds-homeless-veteran-guilty-in-norman-hostage-trial/
>Jury finds homeless veteran guilty on 4 of 6 counts in Norman hostage situation
>The jury found him guilty on one count of kidnapping for extortion and recommended 13 years.
>They found him not guilty on the second kidnapping charge.
>They found him guilty on count 3, feloniously pointing a firearm, and recommended 10 years.
>They found him guilty on count 4, possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony, and recommended three years.
>They found him not guilty of count 5, misdemeanor reckless discharge, and guilty of count 6, reckless discharge, and recommended six months in jail.

Gun violence is a result of niggers not guns.

bitch, if you did even the slightest amount of research you'd know gun violence in America is a nigger problem, not a gun problem. Remove the Africa from North America and it looks like Switzerland's crime rates.

Mexico proves that even with strict gun laws, it's not the guns that cause problems, it's the niggers.

lawfirmofoklahoma.com/practice-areas/gun-crimes
>Using a weapon or firearm to facilitate or commit a crime brings serious felony consequences, and conviction of a felony strips a person of his or her firearm possession rights in the future. Among the most serious gun offenses are the following, each of which is punishable by a maximum of life in prison:
> Assault with a deadly weapon
> Shooting with intent to kill
> Armed robbery
>The above offenses are 85 Percent Crimes requiring anyone convicted to serve a minimum of 85 percent of the sentence before becoming eligible for parole. In the case of anyone sentenced to life, his or her first opportunity for parole would occur after more than 38 years at the earliest.
>Other felony gun crimes include the following offenses, each of which carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison upon the first offense:
> Pointing a firearm
> Possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony – maximum of 10 years in prison on the first offense; maximum of 30 years in prison upon subsequent offenses
> Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
> Illegal possession of a firearm
>The above crimes are the most serious gun crimes in the state, but there are dozens of other Oklahoma gun laws and gun violations:
>Unlawful carry
>Unlawful intent to carry
>Penalty enhancement for weapon possession
>Reckless conduct
>Transporting a loaded firearm
>Felony discharging firearms

swoknews.com/local/man-guilty-home-invasion-shooting
>Pratt, 19, pleaded guilty Tuesday in the courtroom of Judge Neuwirth to charges of first-degree burglary, assault with a dangerous weapon, felonious pointing of a firearm and possession of a firearm during commission of a felony
>On the burglary charge, Pratt received a sentence of seven years in state prison and a $1,000 fine. For the assault charge, he was given 10 years in state prison to run concurrently with the first charge and a $1,000 fine. The felonious pointing of a firearm charge netted Pratt a suspended 10-year sentence concurrent to the first two counts, two years of Department of Corrections supervision and a $1,000 fine. On the charge of possession of a firearm during commission of a felony, Pratt received another 10-year suspended sentence, concurrent to all of the other counts and a $1,000 fine.
>He was originally charged with first-degree robbery, conspiracy to commit first-degree robbery, robbery with a weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery with a weapon, assault with a dangerous weapon, feloniously pointing a firearm, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, assault and battery with a deadly weapon and possession of a firearm after previous adjudicatio

lenconnect.com/article/20101130/NEWS/311309919
>A jury convicted Jonathan Adam Perkins, 26, in 2008 of possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony and carrying a dangerous weapon with unlawful intent. But the jury deadlocked on charges of assault with intent to murder and felonious assault.
>He was sentenced to five years on probation on the unlawful carrying charge and two years in prison on the felony firearm possession charge.

leagle.com/decision/1981439107MichApp332_1407/PEOPLE v. YARBROUGH
>On August 22, 1979, defendant was convicted by a jury of armed robbery, felonious assault, and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony
>Defendant was sentenced to the mandatory two-year term on the felony-firearm conviction to be served prior to concurrent sentences of from 8 to 20 years on the armed robbery conviction and from 2 to 4 years on the felonious assault conviction.

It'd be nice if the US had swiss gun laws.

SHALL

It's because they want us to purge nwo shills and fags like you.

in.gov/judiciary/opinions/pdf/06231601mb.pdf
Crowe appeals his convictions for Class D felony dealing in a sawed off shotgun and Class A misdemeanor pointing a firearm.
Crowe raises one issue, which we restate as whether his convictions for Class D felony dealing in a sawed off shotgun and Class A misdemeanor pointing a firearm violate the prohibition against double jeopardy

Jackson was retrieving an item from her car when Crowe stopped his car near her. Crowe pointed a large gun at Jackson , said, “ What ’ s up now, m-f’er, ” and pulled the trigger several times. Tr. p. 10. Jackson could see Crowes finger moving and could hear the gun clicking, but the gun did not fire. Jackson ran and hid behind a dumpster, and Crowe drove his vehicle near the dumpster. Jackson heard the clicking noise again, but the gun did not fire. She then ran

The police located Crowe, and he had a sawed - off shotgun in the vehicle and marijuana in his pocket. The State charged Crowe with Class D felony dealing in a sawed - off shotgun, Class A misdemeanor pointing a firearm, and Class A misdemeanor possession of marijuana. After a bench trial , the trial court found Crowe guilty as charged.

Crowe argues that his convictions for Class D felony dealing in a sawed off shotgun and Class A misdemeanor pointing a firearm violate the prohibition against double jeopardy. According to Crowe, he “ would have to commit the lesser offense of possession of a sawed off shotgun in order to commit the greater offense of pointing a sawed off shotgun.

Conclusion The prohibition against double jeopardy is not violated by Crowes convictions for Class D felony dealing in a sawed off shotgun and Class A misdemeanor pointing a firearm. We affirm.