Do older Eastern Europeans still know a bit of Russian?

Do older Eastern Europeans still know a bit of Russian?

Other urls found in this thread:

steen.free.fr/interslavic/
youtube.com/watch?v=R5ze-EIDmho
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I speak it fluently, you still learn it in shool in manny former pact countries

None know Russian here except for Loldovans

Anyone 45+ here will likely know at least a little.

People in their 50-60s tend to know it well..

In the east german states russian is the second most widespread language after german and before english

dołoj gramotnyje

No, mostly just old commies and actual Russians, and some people who had it in school in the 60s.

I'd say that Montenegro has the highest number of speakers per capita of all former Yugoslavia.

Learning russian is fairly common for Europeans when playing Dota 2.

yeah quite a lot of them

once you know a slavic language you already partly proficient in others because they are similar

dont expect macedonians polish and russians to understand each other tho

I actually learn Russian for my business studies.

Ukrainians and Polish people all speak it, am I right? Romanians I guess too.

I only expect them to smell awful.

>and Polish people all speak it
I wish dude, I would be able to read russian books then...

but in Poland the 1st language is english and 2nd is german, 3rd is probably spanish or french (among native Poles, because Ukies surely can speak russian)

>Ukrainians and Polish people all speak it, am I right?

No, youre retarded.

What books do you want to read?

I knew a Polish dude who chatted fluently Russian with my Russian ex gf.

And: Isn't Polish actually pretty similar to Russian?

>salty dutchboi is back
ivan fucked your gf didnt he

well books on history mostly, I've heard one guy who has said that russian books are good and cheap

>Isn't Polish actually pretty similar to Russian?
slavic languages are in general similar, but I'm not able to understand what Russians are talking about, when they speak normally

Kind of, but they speak too fast to understand in normal speech. If there was a spectrum, with Russian and polish on either extremes, Ukrainian would be bang in the middle.

>good and cheap

Buy ebook with e-ink display, кypвa

How hard is it to learn Russian if you're only familiar with Germanic and Latin languages?

not polacks
but every ukranian you meet knows russian

I doubt you have 'spoken' to me before.

apparently we don't need to know shit:
Medžuslovjanski jest język, ktory Slovjani iz råznyh narodov koristajųt, že by komunikovali medžu sobojų. To jest možno, ibo slovjanske języki sųt shodna i srodna grupa. Znanje jednogo języka obyčno jest dostatočno, že by imělo sę priblizno pojmanje, o čem jest tekst na kakom-nebųď drugom slovjanskom języku. Črěz věki, Slovjani sųt naučili dogovarjati sę s svojimi sųsědami posrědstvom prostyh, improvizovanyh narěčij. Jednočasno, medžusobna shodnosť vsěh slovjanskih językov jest nadyhala językoznavcev i drugih k tvorjenju generičnogo slovjanskogo języka, råzumlivogo vsěm Slovjanam. Srěd nih nahodęt sę slavny starocŕkovnoslovjanski język iz 9. stolětja, kako i mnoge ine projekty, publikovane od 16. stolětja do dneś pod imenami kako «vseslovjanski», «medžuslovjanski», «novoslovjanski», «obćeslovjanski» ili prosto «slovjanski», vse osnovane na těhže prědpoloženjah, čto čini ih blizko identičnymi.

almost no romanian speaks russian

and the other one:
Meджycлoвјaнcки јecт јeзык, ктopы Cлoвјaни из paзных нapoдoв кopиcтaјyт, жe бы кoмyникoвaли мeджy coбoјy. To јecт мoжнo, ибo cлoвјaнcкe јeзыки cyт cхoднa и cpoднa гpyпa. Знaнјe јeднoгo јeзыкa oбычнo јecт дocтaтoчнo, жe бы имeлo ce пpиблизнo пoјмaнјe, o чeм јecт тeкcт нa кaкoм-нeбyдь дpyгoм cлoвјaнcкoм јeзыкy. Чpeз вeки, Cлoвјaни cyт нayчили дoгoвapьaти ce c cвoјими cyceдaми пocpeдcтвoм пpocтых, импpoвизoвaных нapeчиј. Jeднoчacнo, мeджycoбнa cхoднocть вceх cлoвјaнcких јeзыкoв јecт нaдыхaлa јeзыкoзнaвцeв и дpyгих к твopјeнјy гeнepичнoгo cлoвјaнcкoгo јeзыкa, paзyмливoгo вceм Cлoвјaнaм. Cpeд них нaхoдeт ce cлaвны cтapoцpкoвнocлoвјaнcки јeзык из 9. cтoлeтјa, кaкo и мнoгe инe пpoјeкты, пyбликoвaнe oд 16. cтoлeтјa дo днec пoд имeнaми кaкo «вcecлoвјaнcки», «мeджycлoвјaнcки», «нoвocлoвјaнcки», «oбчecлoвјaнcки» или пpocтo «cлoвјaнcки», вce ocнoвaнe нa тeхжe пpeдпoлoжeнјaх, чтo чини их близкo идeнтичными.

i think, i can`t understand most of this text, but what does it mean?

>кopиcтaјyт
>нaдыхaлa

You can write translation in english

I'm guessing that
>кopиcтaјyт
=to use
>нaдыхaлa
=to inspire
here's the link to the project: steen.free.fr/interslavic/

I was able to communicate in Russian with older people when I lived in Warsaw, Poland. They weren't too thrilled, though. For younger people I just used English.

Well the vocabulary can be pretty annoying. Most words sounds similar and thus it's confusing. Especially when all these words have "wc", "shl", "sdy" in them and you can't relate to them at all.

Almost all old people learned russian when they were young and most moldavians speak it as a second language...the fuck have you been smoking?Personally i dont know shit beyond blin,blyat,cyka,pidaras,pizdetz and indinahui.

only how to insult people,than again that's a norm in balkans

People in 50's, yes. I would say that most people in their 80's don't speak it, though I'm from rural area.

cyka blyat

YUGOSLAVIJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That's not entirely true. After a bit of experience with Polish people I adjusted to mostly understand what they are saying. The same with poles, I wager. If you throw a pole in the middle of Russia he'll devise a broken language to communicate in a week or so.

Czech and Southern Slavs are out of range though.

kurwa pierdolna

>Almost all old people learned russian when they were young

And?Did you even read the questions?I learned too french from 5 to 12, yet I Know jackshit.I dont any any old men that speaks russian and Im from Moldova part of Romania.

>and most moldavians speak it as a second language

You mean "moldovans", 40% of them are ethnic russians/ukraineans, and a good part of the rest are from inter-marriages with russians.

Is there Latin - Cyrillic alphabet pronounciation table anywhere?

Joke's on you many Romanian language words are slavic and therefore sound Russian like da, nevastă, dușman or the phased out ura .

there isn't a direct mapping since there are extra letters in cyrillic, depending on the language

there are also phonetic differences regarding the place and manner of articulation; these differences cause the so-called russian accent in English or a poo-in-loo English accent etc

latin alphabet is shit for slavic languages, you should use schtsch instead of щ, or plenty of fucking diacritics

> Slovenia, Czech Republic
> East Europe

Yes, central europe meme was able before 1945

Are you idiot or just low iq?!

Original question

>Do older Eastern Europeans still know a bit of Russian?

Answer for Romania: No, not even the old people.

qusetion of >Ukrainians and Polish people all speak it, am I right? Romanians I guess too.

Implies Romanians ALL speak it., which is terribly false.

And finally your question

>Joke's on you many Romanian language words are slavic and therefore sound Russian

Lexicon ~= language

Learn the basics before talking with me you filthy fucking low intelligence animal who cant make a proper argument

Many of us know it.
Even younger.
You can learn it in school, actually.

Half my teachers in High School knew it.

Heck my French teacher taught us a bit.

this, you're Balkans

>He thinks westerners know how to read a fucking map.

You're the one who is the idiot here, țigane. Romanian sounds like a Russian speaking broken Italian. Its coarse not melodic like the other Romance languages. Which is why other Romance language speakers have difficulty understanding Romanian. So yes if you speak Romanian its almost like you're speaking a bit of Russian to a certain degree as many words have slavic origins. That's what I was getting at.

ask a Russian, a Ukranian and a Bulgarian what sounds щ makes and you'll get 3 different answers.

For Russian-speaking Lithuanians, my experience says age 40+

> Most words sounds similar and thus it's confusing
So true, but with English.
> beach & bitch, come and cum, etc

What you were getting at is irrelevant as its not part of the subject ,nonetheless I guess Portuguese almost speak russian by your logic, since portuguese sounds almost like russian.

The original question stands and the answer is crystal clear "Romanians do NOT understand russian".You can take a romanian of any age and talk to him in russian, it will be like chinese for them.

And just to clear things up , a lexicon has no relevance to a language.German can have 100% turkish words, its still german and what matters only is the grammatical nucleus.

The russian name Igor is RUSSIAN even though its origin is from norse Yngvar, to mgive an example.

30+ is almost certain, especially for men since it was impossible to go through the army without learning Russian

Was raised in the western part of Ukraine and my first language is Ukrainian but I can speak perfect Russians too.

It's honestly like 70% the same

I would say I can understand 40% polish just by knowning Ukrainian

Probably, IDK. But in Georgia every person over, say, 40 or 50 speaks Russian

those are called minimal pairs (e.g. pit - tit) where a change in a single phoneme carries an entirely different meaning

check out IPA charts for exact phonetic descriptions of vowels and consonants; usind the symbols therein allows for standardized transcriptions of every sound and pointing out the differences between languanges

What are some Russian minimal pairs that are difficult for non-Slavs to articulate?

couldn't tell you since I didn't study Russian, perhaps another linguistfag could help

Oh shit, I didn't see your flag correctly.
Slovenian words, then?

nope

Massive waste of time arguing with you I said Romanian SOUNDS like Russian not that we almost speak or understand Russian, which is why many foreigners who don't know much about Romanian believe we speak Russian or a dialect of it. Fucking get out of my way you disgusting pleb, get a fresh pair of eyes and learn to read cretin.

we have consonant strings that would make your head spin like vowelless čmrlj=bumblebee
IPA: t͡ʃmɾlj

Is that actually pronounced as [ɾ]? That's just a tap, I thought it'd be a trill, that's easier to pronounce without a vowel.

just a tap
check this out
youtube.com/watch?v=R5ze-EIDmho

Medžuslovjanski jest język, ktory Slovjani iz råznyh narodov koristajųt, že by komunikovali medžu sobojų. To jest možno, ibo slovjanske języki sųt shodna i srodna grupa. Znanje jednogo języka obyčno jest dostatočno, že by imělo sę priblizno pojmanje, o čem jest tekst na kakom-nebųď drugom slovjanskom języku. Črěz věki, Slovjani sųt naučili dogovarjati sę s svojimi sųsědami posrědstvom prostyh, improvizovanyh narěčij. Jednočasno, medžusobna shodnosť vsěh slovjanskih językov jest nadyhala językoznavcev i drugih k tvorjenju generičnogo slovjanskogo języka, råzumlivogo vsěm Slovjanam. Srěd nih nahodęt sę slavny starocŕkovnoslovjanski język iz 9. stolětja, kako i mnoge ine projekty, publikovane od 16. stolětja do dneś pod imenami kako «vseslovjanski», «medžuslovjanski», «novoslovjanski», «obćeslovjanski» ili prosto «slovjanski», vse osnovane na těhže prědpoloženjah, čto čini ih blizko identičnymi.

East Poland here

>Do older Eastern Europeans still know a bit of Russian?
Yes. A lot of 40-50+ people can speak russian

All people from group 60+ don't speak english. only russian or german. it's very rare to see 60+ Pole who speak english

I never learn russian but i know some russian too. I use cyrylic excellent and know russian more fluent than my father who have russian language in school

>Ukrainians and Polish people all speak it, am I right?
People from West and Central Poland don't speak so good.
People 18-40 don't know anything from russian. They don't understand any informations
Polecam statystyki dla województwa lubelskiego zobaczyć. Ruski nadal się całkiem mocno trzyma. Ale w pozostałej części kraju poza podlasiem i lubelszczyzną i troszkę podkarpaciem to ruski mało kto rozumie, a na ścianie zachodniej to już w ogóle mało popularne

Zresztą dla mnie ruski to bez problemu bo sam lekko zaciągam po wschodniemu tak jak i moja mama

I have no problem with reading this, but i doubt i understood when someone says that