Why do men think it's OK to comment on my pre-teen daughter's looks?

I've been talking to a family friend, a man I've known for over a decade. He spots the two of us and says, eyes wide, "My, how you've grown. You're a pretty little thing. All the men will be looking at you instead of your mother!" The earth stops spinning. Time stands still. Gracie stares at the ground, no doubt hoping it swallows her.

She is 10 years old. Still playing with dough, colouring in, and sleeping with teddies - not wearing them; still bike riding, rope skipping and mud-wrestling - and not in the nude. Gloriously prepubescent and innocent - a child.

I'm a clown in sideshow alley, mouth agape. I want to shout and scream and shake him: HOW DARE YOU SEXUALISE MY DAUGHTER? But I stand stunned. He misreads my expression. "Oh, don't worry Trace," he says. "It happens to every woman at some stage." My jaw drops to the floor. He assumes I'm upset because I've "lost my looks".

Whenever I fear sexism is afoot, I play a game called "Swap the Subject". Picture this: my husband - who looks a little like me, frayed around the edges with a sprinkling of grey and flock of crows' feet - is at a social function with our son, aged 11. "What a handsome lad he is," someone says. "All the women will be looking at him instead of his father!" Of course, no one would say this to a boy. But girls are treated as fresh meat, ready to be devoured before they go off.

I'm devastated that my daughter - my clever, strong, assertive daughter - is shamed into silence, her imminent blooming seen as something to be commodified and - ultimately - crushed.

Her only crime is being on the precipice of puberty. And her punishment will be decades of sexual harassment. We want - for ourselves and our daughters - what you have: the right to be treated as fully formed human beings, not slabs of meat prepared for a pounding.

>Well, step right up, step right up! For I have an answer. We want - for ourselves and our daughters - what you have: the right to be treated as fully formed human beings, not slabs of meat prepared for a pounding.
lol that's never gonna happen

Is this copypasta?

They just want to be men shit. If women can't be women who can? Day of the douche when?

to turn this into a sexism thing is retarded - women should never have been given the vote

it is weird however, and i as a male was commented on my looks as a kid by adult women

No.

>What a handsome lad he is," someone says. "All the women will be looking at him instead of his father!"

Happened often when I was a kid and I found it to be a compliment and enjoyed it when people said nice things to me. It's really sad that we live in a society where it does not matter whose right only whose feelings are hurt more. You are straight up 100% mentally ill.

>shareblue shitposting

Post pics of that little slut

it's a news article.

so this is the power of the mustard race

Your projecting. Once you have a kid grow up you doubt worry about that shit. You are obviously holding some deep secret feelings about your daughter. Get help.

>going outside without hijab

I'm a guy and it used to get said to me.

Now go fucking kill yourself

>Still playing with dough, colouring in, and sleeping with teddies - not wearing them; still bike riding, rope skipping and mud-wrestling - and not in the nude
This is the problem. A girl that age should have womanly skills like sewing and cooking and skinning. But obviously the bitch who wrote this drivel doesn't have any womanly skills so she can't teach them.

My grandparents said that to me and I'm a male

Fuck off special snowflake

>sleeping with teddies - not wearing them
what did he mean by this?

Well looks like she wants fundamentalist religion than were looking at young girls is a sin

I was told I was going to be a real heartbreaker when I was younger, it proved to be wishful thinking.

Really the person who wrote this article forgot that these comments are normal.

Teddy can refer to teddy bears or a sort of lingerie.

>someone compliments your daughter
>get angry
Doesnt seem like he sexualized her at all.
Go get some shock therapy.

>hey little guy. Wow you're strong. Pretty soon the girls will be looking at you and not your dad.

Gay.

Sage.

This. Whoever wrote this must be an ugly tard autist.

bump

Or it could almost be a caring and loving mother who is trying to protect her daughter.

A significant portion of the global population fill this criteria

Pasta
Fake n gay

Do all pre pub and pub girls get sexualised or is specified to some races?

Maybe the sisterhood would savage me for this, but I think it affects white girls and black girls the most. Asian girls don't seem to have it said about them (child prostitution in Asia is a travesty)

I can empathize with you OP because my 14 year old girl has firm breasts and a developing body that seems to attract unwanted attention from men of all ages, which is very creepy.

Post pics of your girl doing the normal kid things you described, like getting wet in a mud puddle, so we can share stories about men and how insensitive they are.

>Of course, no one would say this to a boy.
Yea because boys and girls aren't they same.

I'm going to sexualise Kyouko

> Of course, no one would say this to a boy
My grandma said this so often to me (despite me definetly being below average in the looks department). And despite the fact that i dislike that, i don't go online and post "muhhh feels, i get objectified like meat hurrdurr" threads - but i guess i'am just not as much of a speicla snowflake as you and your daughter. Seriously, if OP is not fake, i already feel sorry about the daughter - under OP's care she will "bloom" into a men-hating useless feminist with a victim complex that never gets anything done in her life because throwing hissy fits over microagressions will be so much more satisfying than using her brain.
> i'am devastated that my daughter - my clever, strong, assertive daugther - is shamed into silence (...)
Two things.
1) "devastated". Snowflakes like you are the reason why so many words lost their impact. People who lost all their fucking belongings to war are devastated. People who lost beloved because some asshole murdered them are devastated. Someone receiving a life-impeding medical diagnosis might be devasteted. But you just saw your daughter getting a (albeit oldschool- an superficial) compliment. What the actual fuck is wrong with you!?
b)
If your daughter were clever, strong and assertive, a simple compliment would not have enough of an impact to "shame her into silence". Not sure about cleverness, but it definetly shows that your daughter is neither strong nor assertive. It does show, however, that you obviously have an inflated view off her.

also,
> Her only crime is being on the precipice of puberty. And er punishment will be decades of sexual harasment. We want - for ourselves and our daughters - what you have: the right to be treated as fully formed human beings, not slabs of meat prepared for a pounding"
ah. You mean you also want to have the right to be INSTITUTIONALLY disatvantaged through laws and regulations that actively favor humans of female gender? That you want to have the right for you ropinion to be cast aside simply because you happen to be male? or worse, white male? You want to have the right for people of the opposite gender to claim for you to have raped them without any proff, and get not onyl your social life ruined but also a high chance of being convicted without evidence? You're alright with laughably weak consquences for people of the opposite gender that were PROVEN to accuse you wrongly for their own gain? You want to have the right to be forced to join the military, to be ACTUALLY USED AS SLAB OF MEAT FOR A POUNDING?

>111111111

Men do it because your daughter is hot and you are a dried up husk

Nobody would say that to a boy? What?

Nobody gunna check these quints ?

Whoever wrote this was abused or something and will pass on their neuroses to their child.

>''What a handsome lad he is," someone says. "All the women will be looking at him instead of his father!"
they do,actually.

>her imminent blooming seen as something to be commodified
Girls need to be taught that their looks is a commodity, they are finite and eventually the supply or their attraction runs dry. Best to teach them to make the most of it while they can and not by slutting out and then becoming bitter at 30+ when they realize they're fading and no one is going to place them on a pedestal anymore. Women used to use their looks and general attractiveness to parlay into a better life. Hundreds of years ago having a beautiful girl was a gift for a lower class family as often she'd draw suitors from much above their economic and social standing. Now a days most women waste their 'commodity' and end up bitter, used up and radically feminized.

This lady was likely just bitter that she's now lost her appeal which is inherently the power women have over men while her daughters is just beginning.

Just a self-confidence booster. An act of kindness to make the kid feel special.

It's not gender specific either, see

Haha you've spent so many words
But have you looked at his NOSE?

Almost sure this man was a jew. They're degenerate paedophiles with no sense of honour.

chcekd

once a girl hits puberty they are sexual objects, get over it retard. All of you sjw pc nonsense cant change your primary role in life as warm hole to be filled, your kind has contributed nothing to society beyond that.

Are you female or male? im wondering if men and women make the same observations.

How does it affect black girls?

Are you sure?