Why can't I just take the money I am paying into Social Security and just give it directly to my Grandfather?

Why can't I just take the money I am paying into Social Security and just give it directly to my Grandfather?

the state doesn't trust you to be a decent person

Because social security is simply a tax. The money isn't sitting there in a pot.

Social Security was created to protect women that don't want to have kids.

because then the pyramid scheme falls apart

I do not disagree with this

That is literally my SS card. Where did you find it?

Because it's not for your grandfather. It's for the lazy ghetto niggers who the government needs to live so they can get votes from them.

But it is going to my grandfather.
Why not just cut out the middleman?

Because most niggers don't even know who their daddy is.

We have a winner.

But it's not. It's going towards the entire budget. There's no special trust fund..

why do you always post this same thing and word it the same exact way

I never said there was

because I have never gotten a good answer as to why it wouldn't work

It wouldn't work because social security is meant as a societal safety net not a familial safety net. If all your grandchildren die in a fire you get nothing.

This is the fourth libertard thread you have made, and it's not even as original as the big mac machine one. Fuck off back to reason.com.

That is an extremely rare case
People like that were always taken care of by their community

The following scam is commonly employed by large m00slim families in the UK with money (enough by 3rd world standards, practically worthless in London):
>head of family owns 1 shitty house outright
>apply for btl inverstment mortgages on other crappy houses
>Head of family has numerous crappy houses in his name
>lets them out to his many family members who, even though they 'own' the house it's in the patriarch's name, allowing the family to...
>claim housing bennies
>housing bennies paid back to head of family
>the m00slim family is amassing a slummy property empire 100% taxpayer funded, often these properties are all along the sane street

And that's how britbong income tax finances paki slumlords, it's a neat scam but you can't help but feel it exists entirely on purpose

On top of that, you ever see 4or 5 corner shops, fried chickin shops etc all right next to each other and wonder how the fuck they make any money?? They don't and they don't need to, they're just tax credit/money laundering setups

I am not a libertarian
I just think a government social safety net is shit that leads to the destruction of the family and local communities

So people not having any grandchildren at all is rare? I'd say there are millions of people that don't. Better hope they live in a charitable community that'll take care of them and not in some ghetto i guess.

The real question OP should be asking is 'Why can't I invest my social security tax as i please for my own retirement?"

>So people not having any grandchildren at all is rare? I
No them all dying in a fire is
If you chose to not have any grand children I dont really have any sympathy for you
>The real question OP should be asking is 'Why can't I invest my social security tax as i please for my own retirement?"
You should be able to

> keynesian economics

you see, OP, what youre too ignorant and stupid to understand about economics is, when the govt takes money from you, they employ a mysterious alchemy that increases the amount of money they can distribute.

when they take a dolllar from you, they can:
> pay the accountants who decide how much to tkae from you
> pay the tax collectors who actually take the money from you
> pay the accountants who monitor the pool of money
> pay the bureaucrats who manage the accountants and tax collectors
> pay the bureaucrats who study the money pool
> pay the accountants who measure the money pool
> pay the printers who print up the accountants reports on the money pool
> pay for the management of the money pool
> pay more accountants to monitor the people who manage the money pool
> pay more managers to manage the accountants who monitor the managers of the money pool
> pay more accountants to distribute the money pool
> pay for the printers who print the cheques that distribute the money pool
> pay for the accountants who monitor the printing of the cheques
> pay for the managers who manage the accountants who monitor the printing of the cheques
> mail all those cheques
> actually pay out on those cheques
> pay the accountants who manage the cashing of the cheques
> pay the managers who manage the accountants who monitor the cashing of the cheques
> pay the accountants who monitor the monitoring of the cheques
> pay the accountants who study the cashing of the cheques
> pay managers who manage the accountants who monitor the cashing of the cheques
> pay the printers who print the reports about the cashing of the cheques

and through every step in handling the money they took from you, and making of all those payments, the pool of money actually gets BIGGER because the accountants and managers also get taxed on the payments they received while taking YOUR money which keeps the ball rolling endlessly
Magic.

>pay into social security your whole life
>retire without living grandchildren
>die in poverty

cool system bro

Shouldn't have supported a retarded ponzi scheme

You do know conservatives want to privatize social security and steal all the money, dont you?

I dont agree with that
Just eliminate it

this
but I better get a refund since I've been paying into this shit for no benefit

refund from who?

>privatize social security
So we would pay a tax directly to a non-government organization? Or the government would pass along our taxes to some sort of social security bank? I don't know what privatizing social security would mean.

>steal all the money
They do this anyway. "Borrowing" from social security has been a thing for years.

da gubmint

Where do they get their money?

Do you not?

how is paying an involuntary automatic tax in any way a form of support? your idea is shit, get fucked

by legally stealing it from the people

How stupid can you be? It's not up to a grandparent whether or not their kids have kids

They should have tried to get it repealed
so you want them to take more of your money so they can give you a refund

Because it's just another fucking tax. Everything else is just bullshit lies they hope you believe.

>There's no special trust fund..

There is, actually. It's just currently spending more than it's receiving.

It is up to them to raise their kids right

>grandfather needing money
>has internet
youre not a human.

no I just want them to give back what they stole

Howdy John-o Public

They dont have it
The SS trust fund is a fraction of total SS liabilities

sell california to russia and use the proceeds to pay everyone back

Who would want it?

> privatize social security
> steal all the money

social security is EMPTY
you cant steal from an empty cart.

the evil republicans propose repurposing the empty cart to actually HOLD MONEY and pay a tiny minuscule % of the hypothetical money that MIGHT come into the cart to hire a guy to invest the money and a guy to guard the money and keep the congress's dirty fingers out of the cart.
they further propose to make donating to the cart VOLUNTARY, so those who would rather keep their money and handle their own old age can do so, and others who dont think they can handle that job, can use the cart.

> Investing the money is stealing it
investing is the ONLY way to make money grow, despite what you leftists heard from keyenes.
a federally secured privately managed social security fund would be safe effective and pwoerful. if the markets take a shit, the cart wouldnt catch fire, the feds would simply tax the current contributors to ensure the recipients are protected, just like the FDIC does.

> Guarding it
when a private company handles money for you, they are given a Fiduciary Responsibility (google it) so they will do what needs to be done to make the money ( OUR money ) grow and protect it from theft
govt bureaucrats and congress have NO fiduciary responsibility so they can fuck around with the money cart , waste it's contents, let their kids play with it, or take a nap so anyone who wants to can steal from the cart can feel free to grab all they wish (which is why the cart is now EMPTY), and they dont give a shit, it's not THEIR money, and they can always just take more from us.

>Voluntary
if you think you can do better than the fund managers in wall street who have a long track record of making money grow, you can opt out and do your own thing.
get on with your bad self, but dont come crying later if you decided that in JUST THIS ONE CASE, pooled risk is not a good idea and you go broke.

dont be a retard.

How would the army of social workers live if we just used direct payment?

Welfare isn't only for the poor; it's a jobs program.

Because social security nets don't work that way.

ponzi schemes dont work at all

> implying "social security" is a "net"
its just a tax, it goes directly to the "general fund" and congress wastes it on bullshit just like every other tax.

it was NEVER a "trust fund" or a "social safety net" thats just the sales pitch.