CATHOLIC GENERAL

CATHOLIC GENERAL - IF ANGELS COULD BE JEALOUS OF MEN, THEY WOULD BE SO FOR ONE REASON: HOLY COMMUNION EDITION
>DEDICATED CATHOLIC GENERALS EVERY SUNDAY

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life. If you feel something is missing, please ask for it to be included while providing a link. As usual, we will be assisting with answering questions.

Today is Sunday of the Fourth week in ordinary time.

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Documents of Vatican II
vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/index.htm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Other urls found in this thread:

masstimes.org/
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
misas.org/
orariosantemesse.org/
egliseinfo.catholique.fr/
dublindiocese.ie/
katholische-kirche.de/
egliseinfo.be/
episkopat.pl/
etsjets.org/files/JETS-PDFs/47/47-1/47-1-pp089-120_JETS.pdf
mdpi.com/2077-1444/7/10/122/pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=eY5ptzi7kh4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

praise kek

>being cucktholic
>ever
>as a brit

>Find Mass Near You
masstimes.org/
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (Spain/Lat. America)
misas.org/
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (Italy)
orariosantemesse.org/
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (France)
egliseinfo.catholique.fr/
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (Ireland)
dublindiocese.ie/
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (Germany)
katholische-kirche.de/
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (Belgium)
egliseinfo.be/
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (Poland)
episkopat.pl/

What did Luther mean by this?

Please, Germanbro, don't you find it odd that Christ would come, wait 1500 years, then give Luther the knowledge needed to found the true church? (Same applies to any protestant sect)

still don't know how to play the game?
Everything goes. If people are stupid enough to believe in a virgin mother of god's son who's also the holy spirit and god himself why not believe in Luthers crap?

Ah, you're just an atheist who saw a Catholic General and thought 'my atheism is secretly so unfulfilling. Without faith I'm directionless and stumbling towards nothingness. I'm going to go there and disagree with them'? Don't hate those who have faith, Germanbro. Seek to come to a real understanding that will, regardless of your circumstances, give your life meaning and direction

is over there, dumbass.

Nice to see this thread again I have been looking forward to it all week :)

How was mass Ameribro?

I am unable to attend sadly I am the weekend guy 4am-6pm fri-sun so I normally do weekday it was pretty good nice Latin Mass :)

Downside is the priest's German accent makes the homily hard to understand :( but overall a good traditional mass

>>>r/atheism

Catholics aren't Christian

protestants aren't christians

>believe jesus christ is the son of god
>believe in one god
>follow the teachings of the bible
they seem breddy christian to me

Protestant and Christian are synonyms

>>follow the teachings of the bible
No they don't

catholics are satanic

nope, protestants aren't christians, sorry to break it to you m8

Protestants contradict the early christians

How are you posting with a mouthfull of foot?

Nope

reminder that Augustine is not Protestant

etsjets.org/files/JETS-PDFs/47/47-1/47-1-pp089-120_JETS.pdf

the Vicar of Christ is so humble that he kisses the feet of the poorest, lowest of the people? Wtf I hate the Pope now!

So which one is it? Is the Pope placing himself in the role of God, or is he a worthless cuck that lets everyone spit on him? You can't have it both ways, you know. The cognitive dissonance must be killing you I bet.

>Is the Pope placing himself in the role of God, or is he a worthless cuck that lets everyone spit on him?
Both

>being this afraid of the truth
renounce having such a hardened heart user

>both
sorry m8, you can't have it both ways. Either he exhaltes himself or he humiliates himself.

>Either he exhaltes himself or he humiliates himself
Both

you are not being very reasonable, user. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you behave in such an infantile way?

Reminder that even fathers who use "sola fide" mean something different from protestant use and Victorinus is a synergist...which makes him against sola fide by default

>Reminder that even fathers who use "sola fide" mean something different from protestant use
Prove it

>Catholic Church is satan
>Catholic Church is irrelevant

This meme always seems contradictory to me. The Church must either be divine, satanic or irrelevant. I fail to see how it can be two of the three

>satanic
This one

Do they,

A)say faith is a passive reception of something?

B)Righteosness not infused but imputed?

C)Did they say that no effort is required?

one question

is it right to have your experience with God, being transmitted from the Priest to you?

why cant christianism allow the normal person, be in touch with God directly?

its like using a water filter to filter the purest water on earth. yes maybe the purest water has TINY particles of dirt or something else but its part of it and we must take it as it is

knowledge from God shouldnt pass through someone else before coming to you, it becomes "unpure"

>that bad photoshop

perfectly normal name indeed. It's a title, and is only used in regards to satan to mock him, not to exhalt him. It's like calling someone "big guy".

lol no pic related is how mexicans became Catholic. Want proof? People intermixed with the locals, they didn't replace them like the protestant, genociding protestants did in north america.

>unsourced, conspiratard prottie propaganda
now you are not even trying anymore

Why did JESUS say TWO OR THREE GATHERED IN MY NAME?

>A)say faith is a passive reception of something?
It's not faith that is a passive reception, justification is
>B)Righteosness not infused but imputed?
Justifying righteousness, yes
>C)Did they say that no effort is required?
Strawman

*like the american

satanic how can it be irrelevant when the roman catholic church will condemn most of their members to hell

In Christianity the normal person does directly connect with with God and there are no priests
Don't confuse Christianity and Catholicism

Reminder

O ye of little faith, you feel so skeptical because of your need to make sense of a world that, while structured and ordered, is full of inexplicable chaos and absurdity. With how strange it is to not only exist, but exist in our universe as the race of the only conscious beings, does a creator seem so outlandish?

All for one and one for all

>why cant christianism allow the normal person, be in touch with God directly?
Why do you buy food from the supermarket? Why don't you go in the jungle and hunt meat directly?
The priest is necessary to administer the sacraments and teach right doctrine.

>knowledge from God shouldnt pass through someone else before coming to you, it becomes "unpure"
says who? You do realise everything we know about Christ came from the apostles who he instructed to go and teach everyone? I guess Christianity is "unpure" by definition according to your standards

>IF ANGELS COULD BE JEALOUS OF MEN, THEY WOULD BE SO FOR ONE REASON
I thought the bible covered this already... human female ass/vjj/tits.

>protties are so obsessed with sex they see it everywhere
no surprise there, you don't even grasp the psychological connotations of coming up with pics like that

But what does this mean?

mdpi.com/2077-1444/7/10/122/pdf

We have an obelisk and a similar looking building here too

We NWO now

What did she mean by become fools for Christ? Is that similar to Matthew 18:1-4?

How can you reconcile being catholic and racist?

Compelling argument you have there, really made me think

Define racist

Protestants aren't Christian. Christians are people in a Church founded by Christ.

Protestants are Lutherian, Calvinian, Henryeightinian, Weslian, etc, not Christian.

>why cant christianism allow the normal person, be in touch with God directly?
Do you understand what the sacraments are? Ask your local priest.

>the crusades claimed the lives of 56 million individuals
What the fuck

yep id guess christianity is unpure

i want to know all the knowledge, but just the little things the priest might want to show me that day on mass, you see where im going?

we know the bible has had a LOT of changes throughout time but i want to know it all not just what is "right" according to the vatican or the priest

ermm seems rather obvious to me.

check it

England and the US are definitely very close, but how the hell do you connect the Vatican?

That doesn't look like a primary source to me

Considering that every man doesn't have the same value, and white people are more valuable than colored people.

The Catholic church is a joke until they get rid of Pope Cuckius. It's a shame since my mother's side if very Catholic, I feel a connection to the religion but that guy is too much of a faggot for the church to be taken seriously right now.

>academic scholarship
>bad
Proddie logic 101

thats just having fair judgement imo

Someone let Martin Luther in here dropping truth bombs

Well state it, because if you know the catholic doctrine, there is no difference based on anything whatsoever, you'll go to heaven if you are a good christian, whether you're a dancing and chanting nigress at church or a good white man.

I'll take it straight from the horses mouth or you could just leave it right in the trash

Yes, but it's against the current catholic dogma.

I've seen that argument on Sup Forums quite a bit. But it completely misunderstands the Catholic faith. We don't go to mass, abide by Church doctrine etc to please the Pope. He is merely the physical head of the Church. The Catholic life pleases Christ. Other than very, very rare ex Cathedra statements on faith & morals, the Pope's irrelevant

Edgy underage fedora tiper detected.

>yep id guess christianity is unpure
yep you'd be wrong

>i want to know all the knowledge, but just the little things the priest might want to show me that day on mass, you see where im going?
You know you can read the Bible and read the works of theology by all members of the Church since 2000 years ago without anyone stopping you, right?
The mass isn't some sort of theological dissertation where you discuss about the minutia of doctrine. You have an ignorant view of things, I expected more from Mexico.

>we know the bible has had a LOT of changes throughout time
absolutely wrong
>but i want to know it all not just what is "right" according to the vatican or the priest
what the vatican tells you is what's true. You are free to go and trust your own prideful, imperfect understanding of things and become a heretic though. Nobody will stop you from being wrong, it will be your loss though.
You start form the assumption that "le ebil whore of babylon is out to get me". Good luck with that mindset I guess.

Our values were good because we made Christ the King of our peoples. It hasn't been so for a long time. There's many non-white people who are a lot more moral than us at this point, actually most of them. That is the sad fact and why the western world is becoming a shithole.

>Pope is humble
BASED

>uncle sam
>queen of England
>pope
>in the same picture
retard/10

>international financial institutions leaving london post-brexit
>london has been the center of british commerce since the 13th century
>washington dc controlled by congress, which is elected by the people
>the vatican is actually the remnants of the papal states, which had existed since the collapse of the lombards in italy

20/10 best trolling yet, save this heathen:

Name one time Francis has deviated from Catholic doctrine or Biblical precedent.

>he thinks changing what you emphasize is the same as ignoring a thing or changing doctrine
You'll be the next Luther with that kind of reasoning.

Irrelevant isn't quite the right word, but he certainly has less power in terms of magisterium than protties insist he has.

what did Luther mean with this truth bomb?

yea but now think how the dogma has changed to the point the pope accepts abortions now

muh photoshop

kill your self blind papist dog

you would not even see the devil when he shape shifts out of the pope

youtube.com/watch?v=eY5ptzi7kh4

What did the pope mean by this?

>thinking you can win arguments by posting meme pictures
two can play that game

Here is veneration of a martyr from the horse's mouth

Either way this proves that protestants hate scholarship and history

I know this is spoonfeeding, but I am looking for faith in my life and I cannot bring myself to believe in God.
If there was something like TGSNT for Christ, I'd love to see it, but short of witnessing a miracle with my own eyes, I don't see myself becoming a believer any time soon.
Help me, Christbros

>sola scriptura

lol
just
lol

>>Our values were good because we made Christ the King of our peoples. It hasn't been so for a long time. There's many non-white people who are a lot more moral than us at this point, actually most of them. That is the sad fact and why the western world is becoming a shithole.

DESU...

Not only does this deny Christians "adore" martyred saints, but it is also similar to what the Hussites did with Hus' remains.

in the times of rome, didnt he bible had to be revised by the emperor himself?

why anything outside the vaticans view has to be considered "heretic"?

i mean i was born december 12 (we celebrate that as the Virgin Mary day here in mex) and i went to catholic church for around 13 years since kindergarten

whats your stance on protestants? are they wrong too?

that he was respecting someone's beliefs in a friendly meeting

>no context
from the video it looks like they were mirroring what the people in front of them were doing. It's probably some sort of gestures. Maybe deaf people. In sign language the hand-sign, if it is done using the thumb, means "love". Maybe you should read some books and become less paranoid and superstitious user.