What is your opinion on suppressor?

What is your opinion on suppressor?
What do you think would be the pros and cons of legalizing suppressors in the United States?
In your opinion, would the benefits outweigh the negatives?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d12AjvEsaHg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfire_locator
youtu.be/IRJJPyNzry0
youtube.com/watch?v=AgLm7rSg5JA
youtu.be/MNIwudJjvn0
youtube.com/watch?v=goHE2Upbydo
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3VITZ6-CcY
youtu.be/2HzMLvrF6u4
youtu.be/51cSzfn-WCo
youtu.be/vydILDfxEnU
chem.purdue.edu/chemsafety/Training/PPETrain/dblevels.htm
youtu.be/iL2Q2DIX76o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> tfw no Welrod to dispatch your foe silently

youtube.com/watch?v=d12AjvEsaHg

hahah benis in bagina :DDD

What's the problem with supressors?

There are literally no cons.

>What is your opinion on suppressor?
I approve of all devices that lowers the risk of hearing loss and reduced the nuisance levels for neighbors.

there are no cons to deregulating suppressors

If the lefties actually understood what suppressors do and do not do, I think they would actually push to make them required on all guns. They think that suppressors are "silencers" that turn everyone who uses them into some kind of super assassin, but in reality guns with suppressors are still as loud as a jet engine and are more difficult to conceal and transport due to having a giant tube protruding from the end.

Is OK I want to hear the FINAL scream of the one I shoot

1 suppressors are already legal
2 this legislation just ends the insane red tape required to get a safety device
3 the only con will be the wasted energy of the Ignorant crying"muh assassination tools"

>If the lefties actually understood what suppressors do and do not do, ....they would actually push to make them required on all guns.

pretty much this

Here is why I am against suppressors:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfire_locator

Yes... The last cries of the person being shot are enough .. just raise my TV volume and is OK

Supressors are already legal

user don't give them the benefit of the doubt.
Media deliberately pushes these lies knowing full well what they're doing
But I do agree that for normal people that aren't rabid antigunners who just want to see any and all form of gun rights restricted with whatever propaganda and lies to advance that goal we do need to dispel these lies
Link related as an example of the lengths media will go to push these lies
youtu.be/IRJJPyNzry0

The first couple shots with a suppressor are still loud as fuck from the ones I've used

Stop watching Hollywood, silencers doesn't make guns go ''pew pew''
Unless they are built for it like the VSS, welrod, de lisle etc they are still really loud.

uhh who is going to catch you?

It would be terrible. The only thing stopping the ninja sniper squads from shooting everybody in the street is the fact that they can't do it with 100% silence due to the ban.

If we lift this ban, good luck next time you leave the house.

what negatives?

YOUR BABY PLAYING IN THE YARD WOULD BE DEAD AND YOU WOULDN'T EVEN HEAR IT UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE

They should be legal. The volume of the gun shot is highly dependent on the barrel length and what type of ammo you're using. You don't just put it on any gun and make it silent.
You need to have ammo that does not have a muzzle velocity faster than the speed of sound with whatever barrel you're using.
Longer barrels tend to add more muzzle velocity.

>he still owns a TV

why are leftists always such cancerous normalfags?

Suppressors reduce the sound of guns about 20-30 db. It's the difference between hitting a bell with a 4lb hammer and a 1lb hammer, ie it's still loud as fuck.

>What is your opinion on suppressor?
great thing, very useful and beneficial
>What do you think would be the pros and cons of legalizing suppressors in the United States?
suppresors are already legal, this is about removing current gungrabbing bureaucratic hurdle
>In your opinion, would the benefits outweigh the negatives?
there are no negatives

stop using facts guys!

even with subsonic rounds?

I just love how the liberal media twists facts and outright lies and then tries to label the real story "fake news."

>how to shoot people without actually causing damage: the round

I'm not scared of some faggot sni

>What do you think would be the pros and cons of legalizing suppressors in the United States?
Pros: Cans become cheaper. Single caliber pistol and .22lr cans will be extremely cheap as they can be made with utterly cheap materials.
No waiting 6 months plus for a can, although with HPA they still may implement a waiting period of a few days
Integrally suppressed weapons become a thing. Enter integrally suppressed 16" bullpups and pistols

Cons: Current suppressor manufacturers are strongly geared towards high end suppressors and their designs integrate high end materials because lol NFA. If suddenly everyone and their mother can make a Maglite suppressor for .45 and below...
It also hurts R&D of multi cal suppressors - they'll still be a thing for rifles, because rifle cans can never be as cheap as pistol cans.
SilencerCo, AAC, and a whole bunch of others could effectively go out of business, not because they don't adapt and make a cheap silencer, but because there will be a $15 dollar do it yourself kit that requires a maglite.
I imagine the medium to high quality suppressor manufacturers that make up the market will have to become FIREARMS manufacturers primarily, making integrally suppressed weapons.

As for the large gun manufacturers, they'll be slow as fuck to adapt to HPA. I expect FN and HK to offer suppressors with some of their guns, as well as ruger to have an integrally suppressed .22.
S&W will probably attempt an integrally suppressed revolver, they'll eventually come up with a gas sealed one around the size of a snubbie that will sell like mad.
Magnum caliber suppression will become a thing

>if lefties understood guns

Pretty much this

liberals that have never shot guns before think they make the shots silent and are afraid of people shooting and nobody hearing it

Kek. There are people who actually think this.

it would be extremely quiet for you
youtube.com/watch?v=AgLm7rSg5JA

Most hunters here use them. Literally no downsides.

>WaPo
>Rosenwald

OY VEY

It's called projection user.

Remember all the bitching that if Trump lost to Hillary the right would riot and question the results endlessly?

Notice how all their so called fears is exactly how the left reacted?
youtu.be/MNIwudJjvn0

Yes. Still 120db if you're lucky.

I mean in a military situation, maybe they'd be less effective in certain instances. But to. Civilian, up close with no protection, a bullet will still kill.

>using a video as an example
>a video of an integrally suppressed.22lr no less
If you've ever actual been around a suppressed rifle being shot, let alone shot one yourself, you'd realize how retarded you are. Most suppressors will hardly make a rifle hearing safe.

There's literally no downside.

Leftist think Hollywood accurately depicts suppressors. They get their reality from pop culture, like children.

Hence them thinking it's plausible to shoot the gun out of someone's hand and the like.

Pure coehncidence

they make a very significant difference

youtube.com/watch?v=goHE2Upbydo
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3VITZ6-CcY

Benefits:
>Less hearing loss
>Quieter ranges
>More considerate hunters

Drawbacks:

Having suppressors readily available to any adult would make it considerably easier for that person to carry out an assassination styled killing with a registered firearm and flee the country before the case authority have linked the bullet fired to said weapon.

What negatives?

Suppressors are wasteful, just wear earmuffs.

Instead of trying to be able to buy pieces of metal that help them kill things, gun owners should be lobbying for more healthcare, income and democratic rights.

How fucking retarded can you be? You realize microphones have a horrible time actually picking up sounds like that, right? If you actually look at the difference in DB you'd realize it's still loud as fuck

Great proof you posted chief, your unsourced anecdote sure convinced me. Nobody on this board can ever just admit they're wrong, can they?

"No"

How does the type of gun used affect how easy it is to flee?

Weight, length, sight obstruction, heat, increased gas pressure, cycle speed, increased fouling, debris and gas thrown into your face are all possible negatives.

I still like mine.

How's that knife control going?

The smaller the gun means a smaller bullet which makes it harder for the police to find and analyse the evidence

>unsourced
You don't have to source common fucking sense
youtu.be/2HzMLvrF6u4
Seriously, go fuck yourself you stupid faggot. The difference between suppressed vs unsuppressed is 20-30db. 160db become 135db.

Hillary pls go

Those are cons of using suppressors OP was asking cons of making them non NFA items

Benefits:
Less hearing loss

Costs:
Not much because it doesn't diminish the sound of the gun that much

all pros, no cons

S H A L L
H
A
L
L

You're an idiot.
As long as you use subsonic ammo, suppressors can work with such efficiency that you'll hear nothing but the action of the bolt and trigger group.

What you in about, suppressors are already legal, I own 2.

of course its still loud but silencers reduce the sound easily by 30 db or in other words a reduction of sound by a factor of more than 31. this is very significant

Lol and then you post a pictute of one of the shittiest scam suppressors on the market.

Why would I do that when my favorite thing in the world is watching leftist bitch? I hope healthcare and rights completely collapse tbhfam bc of how mad it will make the left.

Then maybe we can start shooting them and it won't damage my hearing

Ironic given our gun laws, but not only are suppressors legal here, they're encouraged - good, neighbour, noise pollution, hearing etc

Holy fuck, no. Yeah, on video because microphones are shit, plus usually the mic isn't placed down range

You're all ignoring the fact suppressors affect the sound of the gunshot. It doesnt matter how loud it is, if the people around can't realize a gun's been fired they won't react.

...Oh.

How does that affect fleeing?

When you're going from 150-160 to 130-140, it's significant enough to do less damage to your ears but it's not enough to change shot detection unless you're in the middle of a fucking firefight.

NOT

When you are reincarnated as a nigger you will understand.

Have another that measures the decibels for a bunch of different suppressors in a .223/5.56 rifle which are, by and large, on the quieter end of things.

Forgot link
youtu.be/51cSzfn-WCo

Op here
I tried to stay out of the thread to not force my opinion on people, because free thought is a lot more interesting.
However, you are such a retard that I wanted to take some time to educate you on the topic. You have clearly never shot a firearm before, nor have you ever recorded anything loud with a microphone.
A mic can only pick up audio so loud. If you talk loudly into a mic, and then scream into it in two seperate audio files, you will notice that they are both equally loud, but the one where you screamed into the mic might have more compression and distortion in the audio. Any professional with good sound equipment would have hardware that would prevent the audio from being compressed or too loud, meaning that an audio clip of talking loudly and intense screaming would both be of similar volume. Not to mention that your speakers play a big difference as well.

tl;dr microphones and speakers can't simulate the differences in volume between very loud audio sources, which means they can not be used to reliably show the effectiveness of a silencer

I recommend that you either listen to the people around you who actually know about firearms and have experience shooting them, and if you are not satisfied, go to a shooting range with multiple different calibers of weapons, and fire them with and without a silencer, and figure it out yourself.

That's the joke you autist. Unless you are employing some sub level sarcasm here

Do liberals actually think suppressors makes it easier to assassinate people just because they saw some movies once?

At least that's down the road a ways instead of being a nigger like you are right now

>t. someone whose never heard a suppressed gun in person before

I'm a right wing gun owner, but I think making them legal and therefore more common, is a huge mistake. Right now suppressors are difficult to get simply because they have never been legal. Once they are legal, even if only for a short time, they will get into niggers hands and crime will increase. They only real deterrent for niggers not to shoot people all the time is the loud noise that will alert authorities. And on the home protection side....why would you want to silence your shots? The loudness disorientation and scares the intruder so that even if you miss or fire a warning shot they may bolt. Give me on possible pro for a supressor, I can't think of any...not talking about hunters.

r u high?

youtu.be/vydILDfxEnU
>average 9mm suppressed decibels 132
chem.purdue.edu/chemsafety/Training/PPETrain/dblevels.htm
>130 decibels: military jet takeoff

protect your doggo when duck hunting

Here, have another; youtu.be/iL2Q2DIX76o

This better be bantz

Just a piece of metal, should be legal

Suppresors are legal you no guns you just need a 200 dollar tax stamp.

only leftist everyday persons would think of "carrying out an assassination styled killing"

Suppressors are legal in Sweden by the way.

Suppressed shotguns are weird looking things. My mate has one.

Yes, they literally do. They are like children and derive their reality from fantasy

Zero cons of deregulating them.

>The loudness disorientation and scares the intruder so that even if you miss or fire a warning shot they may bolt
I'm anti-silencer but please stop with this retardation

Yes.
If you don't believe me find any antigun goybook page on this topic and look at the comments.

>t. non-gun owning democrat
Fuck off you fudd piece of shit. Gangbangers use the cheapest and smallest pistols they can get their hands on when actually committing crimes. It's about conceal ability and suppressors are NOT easily concealable let alone are the cheap throw away pistols even capable of accepting suppressors.
>And on the home protection side....why would you want to silence your shots? The loudness disorientation and scares the intruder so that even if you miss or fire a warning shot they may bolt.
You are this retarded, right? Go shoot at an indoor range without hearing protection and tell me you want to do that.
>Give me on possible pro for a supressor, I can't think of any...not talking about hunters.
kys

Except they are legal now. Quit pretending to be a right winger you stupid fucking commie shill

The world got enough problems, no need to add more tinnitus, or disrupt peoples sleep too

Yes, both look at this thread or ask any of your libshit relatives.