What is the appeal of taking heroin?

What is the appeal of taking heroin?

Is it the result of pure nihilism?

>Heroin use fuels surge of ER visits among California millennials

dailynews.com/health/20170204/heroin-use-fuels-surge-of-er-visits-among-california-millennials

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2015/12/21/health/vietnam-heroin-disrupting-addiction/
drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/nationwide-trends
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What is the appeal of taking heroin?
escapism from the liberal MSM and forced acceptance of shitskins

Suicide then?

The great cleansing is coming.

Excellent question. My cousin ha been addicted for 8+ years. Lives under a bridge blowing guys for heroin, the whole nine yards. Absolutely sickening. Left behind a little boy that wonders where his mom went, too. Sad shit. Fuck these people.

Nobody starts with heroin. its usually after you run out of prescription painkillers after developing an addiction to them

it's not the appeal, its the addiction

>among California millennials

Nothing lost.

It's the ejection seat for a hopeless future.

It's nature thinning out the heard. Getting rid of the dumb fucks who shouldn't survive.

Is this a bad thing?

Heroin is specifically bad because once you do it, you will never feel that happy again.

Also, it completely wrecks your ability to feel happy without it.

Once you've done it once, you are physically fucked up forever no matter what you do.

If absolutely everyone knows this crap is so addictive, why try it?

>california millenials

good fuck em

I've never actually seen it put better than this.

Fact

this pretty much

Heroin is literally the best feeling in the world.

Until it's not

retards gonna retard

Generalize much? It was good, but not that good.

>California millennials dieing

I'm ok with this

Every drug user I've met is unhappy and uses drugs to alleviate emotional pain.

human behavior, right?

It literally feels better than an orgasm. You feel physically and mentally very very very very very very very good. Better than you could ever feel normally.

Hedonism, the precursor to nihilism

Its much, much worse in other places in the country though you idiot.

The midwest, east coast and even the south are getting rekt by heroin.

Feels good.
Which the only thing the (((West))) seems to give a fuck about anymore.

No, that would be injecting a speedball just before skydiving as you peak on LSD. Maybe a whippit as you descend.

fuck off with that shit

done it

liked it

dont do it any more and its perfectly fine

I hear it makes you feel really good. Try it

>poor white trash
>gets obamacare
>free pills
>pills stop working, need something stronger
>sells pills
>buys heroin for much cheaper
>dies from dehydration because too strung out constantly to get up and drink water

Many such cases, including my aunt

I don't get it, I've smoked heroin probably 5 times over the span of a decade and it was amazing. There is nothing mythical about it though, people who get addicted to heroin do so with intent, not because the drug is so powerful you can't stop.

I'm a pretty happy person.

heroin was big in the 60s-80s before painkillers were common

Have to say I feel like an asshole but that was my 1st thought.

>smoke
>heroin

>Once you've done it once, you are physically fucked up forever no matter what you do.

That's not how body chemistry work.

Yes?

These people usually start off with pharmaceuticals. By the time they try heroin their fucked for life, especially if they shoot up. Heroin is the most euphoric thing a person can experience, or at least that's how it appears and its extremely addictive.

"Fuck my life, fuck my kids, fuck my friends, I'm getting high!"

I've taken painkillers before, so I get the appeal to an extent, but we live in a society where learning from social ques (don't be like x or x type of people are y) is looked down upon. So social cohesion just isn't there. Thanks Obama.

An outright cure for addiction would be pretty cool.

Why don't they just play video games lol

These people aren't normal to begin with. When they take the drug they feel as though is fixes them, makes them feel normal etc.

I know it sucks that you wrecked your bodies, but that is the hard truth.

There is a 100% chance you destroyed part of your endorphin system even after one use.

If you can function regardless, congrats. You are literally less happy in every happy situation than you otherwise would have been without it.

No amount of 'being a man' is going to change that.

How bout they stop acting degenerate then? Or do we need to go full Duterte on druggy faggots?

I smoked some weed when i was 16
Thats it, even if i'm not really a happy person i dont even feel the urge to try something like that
How could you even "trust" a dealer like that?

>work in ems
>junkies get legit angry that you saved their life because the narcan cuts off their high

I wish we could just let them die, bunch of fucking scum.

A lot of them seem too ADHD for even video games from what I have seen.

Heroin makes you content with life. So much so that you dont mind trading everything for just more heroin.

Because dead customers are bad for business.

I'd be pretty mad too if I was trying to kill myself and some asshole prevented that.

Underage fagit leave

Dead customers inspire sales.

you do know you can smoke it right? normaly its the "yellow/brownish" heroin that you smoke and the "whiteish" you inject which has beter quality. hell you can smoke/inject everything if you want

Because most hardcore users start by smoking pot every day for several years.
They replace normal growth activities like education and career with getting high and become practically retarded compared to a normal adult.
Once they build a huge tolerance to pot they move on to harder drugs and become even more retarded.

It amazes me that people can start taking heroin as a conscious decision. You're basically handing over your life

If you're extremely lonely and suicidal and you've got nothing going on in life then maybe I understand it, but why would you pick up a needle if you've got kids or a wife? It can't all be people that were given painkillers by doctors can it?

Heroin is actually easier to get than pain killers in the US

>Kids start by sneaking their mom's painkillers she takes with white wine for lunch.
>Mom runs out
>Buy heroin from their friend's deadbeat older cousin

>Rinse and repeat

not necessarily us paramedics give morphine and sublimaze to patients all the time

people get addictions to opioids because they are depressed and the drugs help them feel good.

cnn.com/2015/12/21/health/vietnam-heroin-disrupting-addiction/

>Astonishingly, only 5% of the men who returned home after becoming addicted in Vietnam relapsed within a year. Just 12% relapsed, even briefly, within three years. It was astonishing because, on average, 78% of those admitted for heroin use had been in treatment at least once before, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.

TL;DR: Depression causes addiction and Im a faggot that linked you to CNN

Because some things can't be fixed with videogames, and opioids work better.
If you're an unemployed guy who can't find work, has no place to live and have no hopes of ever improving wouldn't you do it? Junkies aren't a different type of person to you and me.
If they could feel happy without the use of drugs, they would.

what do you mean, whats the appeal? it feels fucking great.

Rhonda looked good for a 50 year old junkie. Skin still tight,slappable tits etc

that's bullshit though. i did heroin a couple years back and it didn't change anything. i was just like, wow, that felt nice, and never thought about it again. you're retarded.

Explain to me why people start with painkillers?

Endorphin-like action on opiate receptors in the brain and addiction due to downregulation of said receptors

>tfw gateway theory was actually true, and now people are using harder drugs more often

Weak minded with shitty parents/parent.

>If you're an unemployed guy who can't find work, has no place to live

How the fuck do these people afford drugs?

Because it's legal? Because the idea of heroin is hugely stigmatised but painkillers aren't? Because branded painkillers are safe but the jewish doctors will leave patients high and dry causing them to go in to horrific withdrawals so they find something to fix it?

Tobacco is found to be more addictive than heroin, and is mor damaging than pure heroin

By robbing houses/grannies. Just like you and me aren't they?

Surely young kids start with weed. Painkillers aren't even "cool"

Steal, beg, bennies?

yeah, I started to seriously question whether or not I had depression because of it.

I was put on heavy duty pain killers after a surgery and it was weird because I got a feeling of "normal" from it that was alarming.

Turns out I have a panic disorder and the pain killer was making my brain relax and quiet instead of the constant noise.

>An outright cure for addiction would be pretty cool.

Pic related, there are countless cases of long time heroin addicts giving it up right after having a powerful ayahuasca experience.... I'm baffled they don't use this therapy at methadone clinics, it's insanely effective at kicking substance abuse habits.

can we just legalize drugs and stop arguing about this autism? thanks.

I legitimately had massive back pain from an accident, I wasn't even given strong pain killers. The ones I took did literally nothing. How are these fuck faces even getting them.

Pain killers ARE cool here though.

They're expensive, hard to get, and you can pop them at school without the risk of getting caught from smoking.

Mix them with some heavy duty cough syrup and you have yourself a high school house party my friend

great, and now they believe in snow machine elves, and spend 10 hours a day watching aliens on history channel, and on /x/

Drug use has largely remained stable in the past decade.

drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/nationwide-trends

>go to hospital for surgery
>given morphine during your stay
>given painkiller prescription for when you leave
>addicted
>prescription runs out

I think it usually is. I took oxy cotton for two years, got clean for a year, went back to it. Couldn't find pills so I tried H once in a while, for example "I'll just get some h so I'm not sick, then when I get paid I can get some Suboxone and quit)

I still battle on and off, I usually go a few days between uses.

All I can say is it's the greatest feeling of content. And it's use is just a lot of excuses.

Ignorance mostly.

In the US doctors have a bad habit of prescribing opiates as painkillers. People will take prescription opiates for years, and then all-of-a-sudden their prescription is done after they've healed, and now they're addicted so they turn to heroin.

Mdma sex left me pretty unhappy...especially since she left soon after and it was a 3 year relationship, also my first relationship ;_;

still pretty unhappy, its been over 2/3 years

jesus christ. Pain killers are cool? The youth today are pathetic. Should just tell em to stop taking old lady drugs.

Same deal here except I did eventually get on them.
America is different. Doctors don't care anywhere near as much, or didn't.
Also, you just have to keep going back and asking for them. Eventually one will give you them.

>having a child with 46
Enjoy your autism, Rauschkind.

Stupid shooters. Either snort or smoke noobs.

Escape from capitalism.

>Escape from capitalism.

Faggot.

>"His face has been digitally altered to protect his identity"
>give his parents' full names and ages

Depression

If you feel sad heroin will make you feel like you're in paradise for a time.

yup and it's only getting worse, since they can go online and sit on forums and echo chambers telling each other that they are doing nothing wrong and everything is fine.

for the love of god put your kids in private schools and monitor their internet

MDMA sex sucks, probably my least favorite. LSD sex is god tier sex.

even smoking is dangerous lately with the shit that is being laced in it.

Whats it ccalled again? starts with an m i think and its highly potent so noobs overlace it

But so does stabbing a tramp.

Panhandling actually pays much more than most shitty 9-5 jobs. Half considering it myself since I'm unemployed right now but honestly don't want to sink that low and don't want to get stabbed by junkies.

Everybody needs a hobby

do you guys think that temporary paradise can effectively jump start and motivate someone? potentially?