Cheap, easy gun for absolute beginner

What is the cheapest, most effect, and yet easy firearm for a newcomer? I'm looking to arm myself, but I have no history with firearms. Give me a pastedump and shit, so I can decide. I think I'll then take those basic NRA classes they have around me once I've decided on one or a couple.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pmpBYr7T1Xw
ruger.com/products/1022Takedown/models.html
bulkammo.com/bulk-22-lr-ammo-22lr36grcphpwin-5550
academy.com/shop/pdp/taurus-pt111-millennium--pro-g2-9mm-pistol
cabelas.com/product/Ruger-reg-LR-Semiautomatic-Rimfire-Rifles/1233295.uts
basspro.com/Marlin-795-Autoload-Rifle/product/10217903/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancor_Jackhammer
youtube.com/watch?v=yXjnb55aAwM
sgammo.com/product/223-556mm-ammo/1000-round-case-223-rem-55-grain-fmj-brass-case-non-magnetic-wolf-gold-ar-15-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

/k/ is that way famalam.

Smith and Wesson M&P Sport ll

AK47. It's The Peoples gun

And maybe and AR style .22 for fun, also a Beretta 92FS, also an RAS 47 because they're really easy to use, and it's just cool to have.

Ak or a glock, depending on what you're looking for.

Got you, senpai

I only use Sup Forums and /r9k/

I know Sup Forums is redpilled on this stuff so I ask here.

Get a nugget for ultra cheapness. Not great though.

Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 desu

12 ga pump action is cheap and very effective, purpose built for home defense

best rifle to learn shooting principles with is a .22 LR

>cheapest
Why? The ammo alone is expensive.

I'll look at this one, thanks.

Get an entry level AK like a WASR or N-PAP. RAS and other American AKs are garbage.

The reason I think you should start with an AK is

>Not too expensive
>Cheap ammo
>Cheap magazines
>Accurate enough

and most importantly

>Absolutely retard proof. Designed specifically to be fielded by third world conscripts. Can survive any level of abuse.

>9mm
kek. get a 45 1911. rock island has some cheap ones. you can use it as a hammer if you run out of ammo.

Building an AR15 using Palmetto State armory daily and weekend deals
Can everyone done for 500 or less and magazines and ammo is cheap.

youtu.be/pmpBYr7T1Xw
I'd say so back when decent AKs were 400 but now a decent AK will almost always be over 600.

The one exception being the AMDs classic firearms has for 500.
But x39 steel ammo is the same as 223 steel ammo and brass x39 is like 50¢ a round vs 30¢ a round for brass 223/556

ruger.com/products/1022Takedown/models.html

You won't find an easier rifle to begin with.

.22 rifle
You can get a handgun if you like but generally speaking you can't go wrong with a .22 rifle as a first time purchase.

please let this be a troll

/k/ here. Most people start by learning on .22 then go to 5.56/.223. Know what you are arming yourself for (home defense, concealed/open carry, SHTF [don't do this yet]). Then learn the the 4 golden rules, the basics of firearms maintenance, how to clear jams, and how to properly hold and shoot the firearm. After all this then practice when you can.

What situation are you arming yourself for?

Pistol or rifle faggot?

Nigger. ARs are the same price or cheaper than AKs now. Get an AR.

anyone telling yo to get a .22lr is retarded and never shoots. good luck finding ammo. 5.56 is cheap and easy to find.

Well, that depends. What do you need it for?

>Carry
Go to a gunshop and fuck around with compact versions in .380/9mm. If you're broke, I'd recommend a bersa thunder or a kel-tec.

>Home dindu defense
Go buy a maverick 88.

>GTK RWN
Go buy an MP sport.

>I actually want to practice consistently
Ruger 10/22 for rifles. Ruger mkiii for pistols.

Memes aside, depends on what you want to do with it.

How much land do you have? Have you ever shot bb guns?

You guys are gonna get this lil noob killed putting a pistol in his hands with no experience at all.

>Buying an AK in America, the land of cheap ARs
>Where AR parts have flooded the market
>Where there is plenty of delicious NATO feed

Why? Like, they're nice guns, but if I needed a rifle it would be an AR.

Ar15 for rifle

glock 19 for handgun

Get a Ruger 10/22 if you're looking for a rifle, a full sized Glock in 9mm if you're looking for a handgun. They're readily available, the ammo is readily available, they'll work, and they're forgiving in terms to maintenance. Great beginner guns.

Ignore this faggot A Ruger 10/22 and this bulkammo.com/bulk-22-lr-ammo-22lr36grcphpwin-5550

Get a 1911 in 9mm, seriously. A dream to shoot, recoil is negligible, the flat frame makes it easy to conceal, and 9mm velocity is nothing to sniff about out of a 5 inch barrel.

>glock 19

no thanks, safety first

glock 19 if youre not an accident prone dumbass or a weedman

>tons of accessories
>point and shoot
>goes bang every time

22LR is 0.06 / rd for federal brass
5.56 is 0.30 / rd for steel cased Russian garbage

Thats a fine gun, but a 1911 is not a good gun for a beginner because its marginally more difficult to take down and requires some minor maintenance. .45 isn't a great round for a beginner, either, as its likely to lead to the development of bad habits and is expensive enough to reduce the amount of shooting a complete novice will do.

FUCKING LEAVE ME BE, I AM WHO I AM

Well congratulations, now you use /k/ too.

You're the type of fag who gets a Deagle brand Deagle in anything other than .50AE

academy.com/shop/pdp/taurus-pt111-millennium--pro-g2-9mm-pistol

Not a bad gun. Its been my edc for a while now

CNN: Those are all glocks

> no nuggets
come on.

I really like .357 revolvers. They never jam and you can use them no matter how scared you are or how fast your adrenaline is pumping. You want double action so you don't have to pull back the hammer.

.22lr is extremely common and cheap at least in SW Michigan. Are you from 2010 or something?

9mm compact handgun. Glock 19, SIG P320, CZ-P07, M&P 9. Any of them will work.

Nice

Please at least delete your browser history before you go to school tomorrow lad, we could really do without another school shooting right now.

I want to learn basic home defense, and start hunting eventually once I learn enough. People say .22 a lot so I start there I suppose. After I pick something out, there are gun ranges near me I'll go train with, so I don't blow my fingers off. (again, absolute beginner)

I'm not worried about SHTF. I'm dead if that happens anyway. Not meant for that type of living.

Kek

>What is the cheapest, most effect, and yet easy firearm for a newcomer?

Do you want something you can use with the less amount of practice? Get a shotgun. Want to buy something of decent quality, get a Remi 870 or a Mossberg 590. (I have the 870, but if I have to buy again, would go for the Mossberg).

Do you want a no-fuss pistol that will work reliably for a long time? get a Glock 19.
Do you want a rifle that will be reliable with minimal maintainance get an AK.

Do yourself a favor, and don't buy a Mosin. Don't fall for the IT BE CHEAP COMRADE meme. The gun is trash, just buy a Karabiner or Springfield if you are looking for a good bolt action rifle.

Sup Forums is a horrible place to get firearms advice from

go to

cabelas.com/product/Ruger-reg-LR-Semiautomatic-Rimfire-Rifles/1233295.uts

Seems to follow what people are saying, and it is not so much money.

Basi home defense is a 12ga Shotgun no ifs or buts. Get a fucking pump gun from and shells. Done.

What is the price difference between .45 rounds and 9mm?

I live in the middle of nowhere. I have half acre of land, and public game lands are all around me, so lots of stuff to do when I get the basics down. Once I pick a rifle, and maybe some other firearms, I'm gonna get training before I do anything.

>Actual Glock is an ak47

this

.22 is a great option. The rifles and ammo are both cheap and they're relatively quieter. Recoil is marginal and it's something anyone can learn the basics with.

I didn't fire a rifle until I was in the Marine Corps so don't feel stupid not knowing basics. Everyone starts somewhere and if you apply the fundamentals you will be able to be a great shot with any firearm you're familiar with.

I would highly suggest a semiautomatic .22 as opposed to a bolt/lever action. You'll get a lot more fun out of it. Savage, Ruger, and Marlin are great options and they'll be around $150-$200.

Like I said, they are retard proof.

Maintenance on an AK is a fucking joke. Take the dust cover off, rub everything with a paper towel, spray some lube/cleaner in and put the dust cover back on. Done. Not that it's even necessary for anything other than resale value.

AKs give exactly 0 fucks about ammunition. Steel, brass, polymer, reloads, surplus, whatever. You don't have to care about your twist rate and your grain.

They are accurate enough. No new shooter is going to have the technique to get the most of an AR.

I'm not saying AKs are better than ARs. What I'm saying is that AKs were designed explicitly for easy use by inexperienced, untrained conscripts. It's an excellent first gun because of it's simplicity and ability to stand up to abuse and mistreatment.

Their meme level cheapness has long passed. The only reason to buy one now is if you're a milsurp fag.

.22LR is popping back up on shelves now

This is decent advice. I own 2 1911s, but would hardly recommend them for a first pistol.

An AR is easy enough to operate and most don't suck now. AKs are hit and miss, I've built all of mine so I've never experienced what owners of American built ones go through. Starting with rifles is a lot easier in my opinion, pistols being so incredibly short in comparison take a lot more attention to not be flagging the entire range and yourself.

9mm is going to run you somewhere between $10 and $15 for the cheap shit, .45 is going to be within a couple of bucks of $20. It doesn't sound like a huge difference, but you can shoot three boxes of 9mm for what it costs to shoot two boxes of .45.

Make sure you find out your local ordinances or laws for the specific parts of your state. Some states prohibit rifles/shotguns in different areas or for specific game.

If you're in the US a budget AR is a good plan. Relatively cheap, ammo is easy to find, simple to use and reliable gun

AR platform is your best choice.

What 1911s do you own?

>I have $150 to spend on a gun
>get a 5 round 7.62 bored sledge hammer
I dont seen why the nugget get so much hate. I love mine.
Its like saying "I want to learn to wrench on a car. what should I get?"
>dont get a 90's civic, they are garbage.

>posts a belt fed heavy machine gun
>cheap
>absolute beginners
You're retarded, but get one of these.

I think I want this to be my first gun. It fulfills what I'm look for to start out with, and it seems to be recommended for absolute beginner.

basspro.com/Marlin-795-Autoload-Rifle/product/10217903/

>obviously an exaggeration bait thread thumbnail

Ruger 10/22. Easy to shoot, it is lethal and bullets cost $20 for a box of 550. Most reliable .22 out there.

> budget
> each bullet is $1

Get yourself a nice .22 plinker, bud. You can even an occasional raccoon in your yard.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancor_Jackhammer

An AR is easy to maintain and to learn to shoot with. I would only get an AK if you're going to be shooting a lot of steel/cheap steel ammo.

You can handle more than just a .22 big boy, this is a rabbit gun.

AR15, you nogunz faggot.

They teach dumbfuck troops to use one in a day, and ghetto niggers to successfully maintain and operate them in a week.

>not cent/round pricing
lel buy bulk

Springfield RO Champion and Colt 1991 for the stupid horse roll mark.

CZ 75 hands down

Out of all the military bolt guns of the era the mosin action is mechanically the most inferior with the Mauser action being superior in every single capacity.

Mosins got their popularity because of how ridiculously cheap they were for a long time but today you can buy a scope ready modern bolt gun with a Mauser action and is scope ready for a little bit more than a quality condition mosin.

Does a handjob come with each box of ammo where you buy? How are you finding 5.56 so expensive?

>5.56
>$1
Move out of commiefornia, you dumb piece of shit. Wold steel case $0.20, Federal brass $0.30.

Mosin Nagant
It will make any AR or AK feel like a popgun

>Home defense
12 guage shotgun loaded with 00 buckshot

>Learning a rifle
.22lr rifle. Won't be able to kill anything other than varmints with it though

>Hunting
I've never hunted, but it depends on what you are hunting. It will almost always be a bolt action rifle chambered in something similar to .308. Hunting requires much more investment into licensing, transport, provisions for the trip, storage, and lots of time.

No matter your purchase, pay for an afternoon class or two. Follow the posted range rules religiously. If you absolutely can't do this for any reason, take a friend or relative who knows about guns. Someone who is responsible and doesn't act like a tacticool fucktard. Again, just pay for a class.

Also, indoor ranges might be initimidating at first because of the tight space and amplified sound. Hard to learn from people in there. The most idiotic gun owners go to indoor ranges. Try an outdoor one first.

The absolute cheapest firearm option is the pipe shotgun.

youtube.com/watch?v=yXjnb55aAwM

catapult

Reasonable.
Ruger 10/22 is good too.

Maybe during the worst of the shortage. Last time I bought 5.56 I paid barely 30 cents a round and it came with cans and stripper clips.

After shipping.

Granted, AK47/AKM are easier to maintain, can be fired without a dust cover, can double as a bolt action rifle, etc, but that's the catch 22 of the thing.

If you do make it inoperable, your chance of finding replacement parts is much worse than finding AR replacements. Likewise when it comes to ammo. It's like when people ask

>Is a makarov a good GOOD/Bugout gun?

And the answer is not really. It will be hell finding people with experience working on them, replacement parts, and ammo. You can fire .380/9mm out of a makarov, but each time you do it, you're risking your safety and your gun.

Where is 556 a dollar a round except for speciality and or match ammo?
Any more than 33¢ a round of brass case you're overpaying and as far a center fired rifle rounds go 223/556 is the most affordable non Soviet surplus ammo

sgammo.com/product/223-556mm-ammo/1000-round-case-223-rem-55-grain-fmj-brass-case-non-magnetic-wolf-gold-ar-15-

That is true but the mosin fills its goal a the basic defense unit for the masses for less than a month of food rations. I think for what you get its a great deal. If you have the money to spend on a better rifle there are plenty of options but for cheap and reliable its a great gun and its not like you are buying a .22 for 150. You are getting something that will actually put something/someone down.

I buy bulk, but a new shooter isn't likely to buy 1000 rounds at a time.

>get a ruger 10/22
>get it threaded
>wait till the hearing protection act passes
>buy a silencer/suppressor
>run different subsonic 22 ammo out of it to find one that works best
In the event of a break-in you can remove dindu without the neighbors knowing what happened.

asking /k/ about guns is like asking Sup Forums about anime...it is just a bunch of fucking sperging and you rarely get a decent answer

Desert egale .50. Biggest pistol around, no recoil and youll be top dog

Mosins aren't $150 anymore and 54r isn't as cheap as it used to be.

Also, .22lr is hard to find and usually over priced.

Mosin Nagant. It's the best gun ever made.

Don't let those mauserfags tell you otherwise Comrade

FYI Nagants are fucking meme guns. The only reason they were ever popular is because for a long time they were cheap as shit. Their prices have shot up recently, which nullifies the only noteworthy thing going for them. Furthermore, the only cheap ammo for nuggets is surplus ammo, which is both corrosive and steel cored, meaning you can't use it at many ranges.

If you are even considering a nugget and you aren't a collector, at this point you might as well save your money up and shell out for a nicer milsurp gun like a K31, MAS-36, or Mauser.

Just two years ago I paid $160 for my first mosin
I think it depends on where you're at