Why is coding promoted as a respectable profession?

Programming is a terrible profession. For one, you are not respected at any normal company. You're known as 'IT' or 'tech' and everyone gossips about how disgusting everyone is in the department. Every day, some Alpha who probably does nothing at his job except get his secretary to suck his dick in his corner office cucks you into doing random bitch work, and then yells at you when it's not done by the deadline despite it being impossible to complete the work requested. Not only that, the code rarely works, your co-workers are smelly Indians brought in by Tata Consultancy and connive to replace your job at all times for half the salary, and the work never, ever ends. You pollute your body with sugar and toxins, deprive it of sleep, and let it rot while you sit the majority of the day, neglecting any healthy exercise, social interaction or life goal attainment. It's like a Postal worker, but coupled with feelings of patheticness, loneliness, helplessness, rage and total hopelessness.

Women, when they hear you are a programmer, instantly remove you from the potential pool of mates as they know your earning potential is maxed early and your career over at 35. They are also instantly disgusted by you. It is far better to tell a woman you are on welfare than to out yourself as a computer programmer. It's also highly embarrassing for a woman to date or be married to a programmer, as virtually everyone knows they are the grown up version of the hopeless virgin in high school. One who never really grew up and became normal and fit into society, but rather found an environment where he could escape the reality of his situation and be invisible, able to hide the toxic shame and utter humiliation that is the programmer.

After Dentists, programmers have the highest rates of mental disorders, especially depression and suicide.

Programmers, why haven't you taken the cyanide pill?

t. can code fizzbuzz

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/cyU7t0nZ
newyorker.com/magazine/2014/11/24/programmers-price
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Based Arkansas

>your earning potential is maxed early and your career over at 35

Care to explain, I'm a 22yo about to get certs to become a Computer Service/Network tech. I was thinking about finally going to Uni next year to major in CS with a focus in Information Assurance.Am I doing it wrong user?

I'm sure most losers would like to think this.

From the midwest. ~30. Over a mill in investments (can provide a screenshot of my brokerage accounts if you would like). I'm smarter than most people. I'm not a faggot, so I do work out and am fit.

I get away with shit at work that non-coders would never get away with (emailing department director telling him he's an idiot. Other managers are cc'd onto the email. Instead of getting in trouble/fired I get a promotion).

Sure, you do reach earning potential early, but since I'm not a dumb fuck, I can actually spend the majority of my day doing things other than work (ie - day trading...2016 my cap gains from trading at work were close to my actual salary). Bought a 2016 Golf R last year. It is already paid off. Put money down on a TTRS for when they release this year.

And lol at can coe fizzbuzz. like telling people being a mechanic is useless and saying you can change your oil like that is supposed to fucking mean anything.

lol

faggot

Are you a bot?

We already had this thread?

Whats is going on?

Is this pasta?

Why are you reposting this thread?

code fizzbuzz right now

>protip: you can't

oh look, this shill's back, posting the same shit-tier drivel
saged

Programming is legit if you freelance from home comfily while sipping on coffee, otherwise yea programming is a codemonkey tier shit for people with no greater ambiton in life

>Why is coding promoted as a respectable profession?

Only C/C++ is respectable.
Anything else is gay tier.

where's the link to previous thread?

>tfw couldn't find a job in the trades now I'm considering a CS degree

Am I making a terrible mistake?

What does it take for someone to dig their own grave with the shovel named retardation?

fuck you python/MATLAB master race

This pasta has been spammed all week.

>not being a C++/Python god

I worked with an old biker guy that actually coded his own operating system. I didn't believe him till he showed me. Smart guy but one hell of a drinker. Told me stories when he'd take a cruise south of the boarder and sleep on peoples lawns in Nevada. Cool guy. My life goal.

Literally less than 1 in 100 nu-male coders can declare an array in C with pointers

Python is literally "fuck my wife tier". Fuck pajeet enabler language.

How the fuck couldn't you find a trade job? That shit is always needed

Yo is this the OP from the other day?

Im a systems engineer. Its like a sysadmin. I automate newly acwuired things and pass them down to other IT people. I also do pen test remediation and general infosec.

Am i gay like a codemonkey?

Fellow Uiuc comp sci bro here.

Everything you say is true

Trades here are saturated, oil crash ruined any job prospects I had, apprenticeships mainly go to people with connections and are hard to break into

Really? Was in a trade before becoming a coder. Only one I could get into without a long wait was the insulators union. Plummer/ Electrition had around a three year wait.

//OP IS CORRECT
//OP IS ALSO A FAG
//I BET I GET THIS WRONG
//HUE HUE C AND C++ HUE
for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++) {
if (i % 3) {
printf("fizz");
}
if (i % 5) {
printf("buzz");
}
if (i % 3 && i % 5) {
printf("fizzbuzz");
}
}
//HUE BOT COLLECTING INTEL ON PAUL
//HUE HUE I SAY POLE LIKE PAUL
//HUE HUE HUE HUEHEUHEUHEUEH

I also went to a #1 comp sci school for graduate.

Anyone who tries to make a career of programming is a fool

why

Go automotive tech or carpentry

Because of exactly what OP says.

You are paying a lot of money to become a commodity

If you go to a top school like I did you have a hope for some income after 35 in management or product or something tangential to engineering. But if you have a comp sci degree, realize that the clock is ticking on your obsolescence

Why are you spamming this pasta so much? Most of it isn't true, and in general it's just bad pasta. Fuck off already you jealous piece of shit. Probably got cucked by an IT guy and couldn't believe it... fucking faggot.

because anyone with time can pick up a book and learn and go on craigslist for a job?

Coding is pretty gay. Lots of people make lots of money doing absurdly easier shit. Guy near me has a house, pretty hot gf I think, sells fucking cars.

Coding is an alright option but it's hardly going to make you king of the world unless you get massive startup success and you don't look hideous so you can get a decent gf.

Note that this only applies in serious tech where there is real money at stake.

If you go work in government or something maybe it's more secure

Even if the syntax was correct(you need else if statements) it's still wrong because it doesn't print the numbers in between. BTFO'D

It's all going to third worlders anyway. Getting women into "tech" is just a way to make the transition to all-out poo-in-loo-ization easier.

holy fuck are you retarded?

Two horizons of competition that you have to keep a constant eye on: new graduates and international.

"Good enough" in software can be accomplished by these constituencies at a fraction of the cost a 35 year old can do the same job for

that will print fizzbuzzfizzbuzz on 15

Tech changes fast, fresh boys will come out with the cool tech learned and are cheaper.
Old people are more reluctant to learn new things, programing its not like you learn a language and roll with it the rest of your life. You have to take in account the libs used and learn basic structure of the program you want work on (frameworks).

Also Op works for a NORMAL company, this places if they have a programer is only to mantain existing software or ad new things to an 10 year old ERP that works with a much older Oracle database.

Op change your workplace idiot

I don't understand. What is happening in Canada. What where you people exposed to?

Even worse, I'm an engineer who codes Verilog for logic gate arrays.
I feel so unfulfilled.

This thread again?

Oh and I'm literally right now trying to handle some code a Pajeet fucked up, looking for a programmer to fix immediately. Never again.

You wouldn't be sitting there spouting your bullshit if it wasn't for programming you stupid leaf. Programming is modern day magic, and the more modern-day technology helps make our lives easier the more you will realise this. One day computers will replace doctors and be able to better diagnose your Aspergers / autism than any psychiatrist could. Fuck off back to your hole.

>carpentry

Just do welding lad

OP's point only applies if you work at some random company in po-dunk nowhere. If you work in the bay, the sky is the limit.

It's true, lmfao, literally 199 out of 200 coders can't get fizzbuzz right

you have 4 mistakes there alone

oh no!
I forgot you have to print the numbers oy vey!
I forgot the else!

proves what I thought it would, some autist couldn't help but go over it and yell and shame me. I already knew I was a retard.

they left that part out in the OPs post. you have to work with utter unlikable faggots other than poo in loo. just about everyone I've worked with is an insufferable cunt.

glad I'm working alone right now.

Trudeau is bringing in 750,000 non-whites a year, a lot of them are coders which just floods the market here

Coding salaries max out at 80-100K USD in Canada, that's for 10+ years and a top school. Starting is about 50k cad or 35K USD.

>why can't programmers.. program!!!
I can't and I still bring in cash I don't give a fuck
fix my errors after I've left negro

LOL. I started at 105k USD.

Is this how women and HB1 workers plan on gaining entry into the world of programming? By discouraging men from getting into one of the most respectable, fastest growing, and highest paying professions?

>most respectable

I love this place.

Why do you always mention fizzbuzz? Anybody who has ever programmed can write fizzbuzz easily. Why not something a little more advanced, that also tests their ability to code efficiency and some math knowledge?

Like, make a program that will make a list of all the prime numbers from 1 to whatever big number you want.

Here's your fizzbuzz homework with source included.

>php
go home, pajeet

And lazy fizzbuzz in python 3
pastebin.com/cyU7t0nZ

3 or 5
>4

do you know what an else if statement is?

shes cute as fuckin hell...

>she

>bluepilled computer science
vs.
>redpilled computer engineering

i dont get the point?

YES GOY

degree in EE is pointless!! you need to major in women's stydies!!

Coding is really hard. Only that
>html
>responsive design
And all that shit is making look coding easy. If you are a man you go to FULL STACK DEVELOPER

Sorry, haven't done Fizzbuzz since like 3rd grade, thought it was 4. Changed $z = $x/5 and it outputs properly.
>Needing elseIf when the code functions properly

>highgloss screens
what a bunch of retard faggots

>Not knowing how to write maintainable code

>Programming Fizzbuzz in 5 minutes with the intent of maintainability and not just show

Wait... For real? Did i pick a fucked bluepulled degree.

Wait... For real? Did i pick a bad bluepulled degree.

>Taking 5 minutes to code fizzbuzz

100% correct. Coding is for faggots.

Is this copypasta? None of this shit sounds respectable. It's like that "my name is John, and I hate every one of you" copypasta.

I work in investment banking and the IT guys are treated like absolute scum, one step above HR. Often times the IT department isn't even in the same building as the traders, as housing them isn't worth the cost. So they are placed in a warehouse out in the suburbs to do their menial codemonkey shit.

Fun fact: the technology department of Goldman Sachs is based in Salt Lake City because the rent is cheaper. They don't get to network or bond with the rest of the team because no one cares or wants anything to do with them.

IT has to be the most sold out to shitskins job there is.

If it wasn't programmers and other highly skilled IT workers would be making at least double the money.

Yeah yeah sure you can get 100k relatively easy. But that hasn't gone up for at least ten years. And every other job has caught up with you making basically the same or more money.

They could see this coming years ago, didn't want programmers to be in the upper classes and running the west, so they fucked your shit with panjeets.

Coding and IT is almost always a losers job. Chad is laughing at you and still banging Stacey who he got before she got the chance to take 50 different dicks.

Any computer work that doesn't involve coding? I'm too condescending and negative for normie office jobs, and too lazy to take general contracting full time. I can't work in the legal field indefinitely. Coding is autism-tier, though.

Information Systems Major Here

Living in Silicon Valley and I'm afraid that I wouldn't find any job after graduating unless I'm fucking Indian.

Feet pics of the girl?

Get your computer shit done, then also learn a mechanical trade machinist etc. Mix the two together and make a shit ton of money.

Well that sounds like a win win I don't particularly like finance types myself, they are banal faggots, and would prefer to work in the suburbs rather than having to go all the way to the city.

IT =/= codemonkey

You sack of shit.

And what is Chad employed doing?

ITT: People who are too retarded to know the difference between tech support and software development

......better yet what do you do for a living ?

implying they do anything.

They're usually just the buddy of whatever excuse for a manager is and look good to corporate investigators.

Go to bed.

I think that's how they want it, though. I audibly cringe every time normie workers get together in groups of ten or so and do a round of tequila shots, like that stuff is some weird, sacred ritual to you people. We don't care about the game, we don't want to "network" with "the team". This only reinforces why I'm glad Instayed away from finance.

Morgan does the same, puts back office out in some shit Queens office

Why are you doing IB in Canada? Go to London, NYC, Geneva, etc.

>For one, you are not respected at any normal company. You're known as 'IT' or 'tech' and everyone gossips about how disgusting everyone is in the department

Software Developers don't exist as "IT" or "Tech" in normal companies. An actual "programer", "coder", "software developer" is going to be in a department with other software developers.

This really shows how ignorant you are of the field.

>Every day, some Alpha who probably does nothing at his job except get his secretary to suck his dick in his corner office cucks you into doing random bitch work

Programers like squishing people who are good looking or would be considered "Alpha". You really haven't seen how nasty a fat ugly neck beard can be once he gets into a position where he can fire you or collapse your company.

>You pollute your body with sugar and toxins, deprive it of sleep, and let it rot while you sit the majority of the day, neglecting any healthy exercise, social interaction or life goal attainment.

Only if you choose to, there are plenty of standing desk options, and really being in optimal health is better than all the adderall and caffeine in the world.

>Women, when they hear you are a programmer, instantly remove you from the potential pool of mates

I honestly didn't get laid regularly until I was a developer at a "hip" startup company. Programers are like sports stars or movie stars in today's economy.
newyorker.com/magazine/2014/11/24/programmers-price

You don't really know what you are talking about.

Every investment bank or bank for that matter will have people who are heavily educated in quantitative matters, all of which require at least some competence in programming. The average quant in finance won't be coding a lot, but all of them know how to and how to make effective models.

If you work at Goldman Sachs you will for sure be required to make your own models from scratch, and that requires extensive programming knowledge.

There's a million jobs where you use computers that doesn't involve any coding

Provide screenshot pls

Tell me about it. I just graduated college and I'm having fucking trouble finding a job. First, they need me to fucking know some other shit I didn't get tough in college....FOR A FUCKING JUNIOR POSITION!!

This is getting depressing desu.

Some advice. Start working RIGHT NOW. Your degree is worthless the second you graduate and all anyone will care about is your last job. Pay potential continues to grow if you're willing to grow past your position as it is with any job.

>An actual "programer"
>standing desk options
>Programers like squishing people who are good looking or would be considered "Alpha"
I honestly didn't get laid regularly until I was a developer at a "hip" startup company. Programers are like sports stars or movie stars in today's economy.

>being this autistic

I don't have enough experience to emigrate yet, so I'm stuck in Toronto.

Yes, we all use C++ or C#(I am a quant), but that is for developing our own models. The back-end IT troglodytes get no respect.

What school did you graduate from?

Sheridan.

good thing about being a programmer is that you are the only one actually doing any real work in a modern company, so you can get away with pretty much anything

What group or markets do you work in?

Canada is shit for jobs. Morgan also uses Montreal for it's coding jobs, if you can get a respectable gig with them there you can get in then transfer internally to another department