Does Vegetarianism/Veganism make any sense or is it just a bunch of bullshit? Why are most Vegans liberal pussies?

Does Vegetarianism/Veganism make any sense or is it just a bunch of bullshit? Why are most Vegans liberal pussies?

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/diet/features/safer-food-healthier-you#1)
cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Veganism doesn't make you any healthier if that's your question. And killing is just a part of life you know, to survive you kinda have to eat something else that was also alive, be that a plant or an animal.

Vegans live longer

holy fuck tat looks so good

Make sure you swallow those iron supplements before bed.

...than lambs.

Veganism is for pussies. Meat is essential for human life and anyone that says otherwise is a commie.

>For health
Total meme, some animal sources of food are good.

>For Environment
Legit.

>For Ethics
Subjective.

Certain supplements are easier to get from animal sources than non-animal sources, so it's not nessecarily better for the environment.

It's not nessecarily better for your diet than the use of some animal sources

Cutting out meat consumption mostly results in animals just not existing rather than existing and being slaughtered.

It's a complete meme.

I only care about the nutritional value of the food I'm eating.
If it turned out that all meat is completely shit tier food then I'd probably be a vegan

this

>Ethics
>Subjective.
Thank you for the downfall of western civilisation

I'd do without the bacon, though. I like bacon but a cheeseburger is better without it.

Vegans argue for total animal liberation since they view animals and humans as equal.
What they don't get is that animals are subject to nature and will murder each other.
Even herbivores because they're animals and not thinking humans.

A cow thats bred for meat will live a life 100 times better than any wild counterpart that will be constantly frightend of predators.
Not to mention get diseases that will slowly kill it over years it feels afraid.
There's a reason wild animals have a strong flight or fight instinct.

But nobody on Sup Forums is vegan anyway

It's for fags and pussies we are meant to eat the animals below us it is only natural. The cult of vegans and vegetarians serve the purpose of emasculation.

I don't think being a vegetarian/vegan on it's own is that bad, it's the things that generally get associated with it. As you've said, they're mostly liberal, and many of them are narcissistic about what they do because muh virtue signalling. Wish they didn't create their own sub-culture tbqh.

that burger looks disgusting to me.

mother fucking canadian faggot remove the bacon now

if you remove Kebab

based brit

i dont even like kebab it taste like coal mixed with shit

Any reason other than the environment is retarded

Different kebab

I was vegetarian for three years due to ethical concerns. I had a quite solid diet because I trained hard and didn't want to lose my gains. I slowly started to lose strength and recover worse and worse, to the point that after a heavy session I'd feel sick for a week. My vitamin D levels plummeted down and my doctor became very concerned because I was just not absorbing it properly. Went back to eating meat and a week later I could train fine again. It didn't work for me at least and I really tried to have a solid diet.

Veganism isn't right or wrong in practice. People, or at least fellow burgers, on average are eating way more meat than they actually need. Veganism does have its shortcomings (no B12 isn't just a meme and supplements alone aren't enough) that can be compensated for but require more time and effort that will still not be enough in some cases.

It's when you get into the obsessive compulsive eco cultist circles that their claims and world view are clearly nonsensical and flat out anti-human. If your looking to lose weight, by all means vegetarian is a great way to become a hell of a lot healthier. If after you slim down you want to make some gains there's no avoiding meat if you want any hope of doing so in a convenient and timely fashion. If nothing else look up sensible portion sizes and you'll most likely start making progress, just in a slower but more sustainable and pleasant scale of time.

There's definite truth to factory farming being unethical, but man mine has evolved to consume meat and I feel no qualms whatsoever when I know an animal has been ethically raised and slaughtered. Grass fed open range just plain tastes better too

this is the best argument I've seen for being vegan.

i don't particularly care, i still eat meat. but its still a really good argument.

I started eating vegetarian at 18, vegan at 20.

My reasoning for avoiding meat is that in most cases in the Western world it involves the unnecessary harming of a sentient being for the sake of bodily pleasure. Studies by animal rights groups in my country at least have found that in slaughterhouses animals are routinely beaten and often stunned incorrectly prior to slaughter. If a small community slaughtered tame pigs when that animal was close to death I would have few problems with it, but the mass raising, confining, harming (tail docking, teeth clipping, pumping with antibiotics etc.) and slaughter of animals that are often as intelligent if not more so than dogs (for example) is something I am not willing to support simply because I like the taste of [insert type of meat].

My reasoning for avoiding eggs / dairy is that due to the productions of these products being industrialized chickens and cows are often harmed as a matter of routine for the sake of meeting a high demand. I have no problem with local initiatives producing these things provided the cow isn't forcefully impregnated and that her calfs aren't slaughtered or dragged away as soon as they are born.

>Don't like something subjective
>Claim your subjective opinion is objective
>Have a tantrum when someone disagrees with you

Remove mohammed's dick from your mouth first.

So we're suppose to eat fruit and nuts? That's disappointing.

It makes sense because meat is pumped full of growth hormones and antibiotics. They cause bacteria to become immune to antibiotics, as well as mess up our hormonal systems, cause autism and birth defects in kids.

>Does Vegetarianism/Veganism make any sense
If you care to research the nutritional aspects of it then yes, yes it does. A well balanced vegan diet is the best thing you can eat for health and prevention of disease. Fruits and vegetables are extremely healthy for you and have been proven to literally prevent cancer whereas the best we can say for animal foods is that they're maybe not as bad for you as some people think. There are studies showing that spinach is protective against prostate cancer. There are no studies showing that and kind of animal food is protective against anything.

>Why are most Vegans liberal pussies?
Because they approach it from a moral angle and use it as a form of ultra virtue signalling. It's a shame that veganism and the literal fucking food we eat has become a political issue. It means that close-minded right wingers instantly dismiss it because of the sort of people who advocate it. In doing so, you're preventing yourself from adopting a diet that will greatly improve your health and wellbeing.

Vegans are cucks that couldn't withstand a cold winter

>Not forming your own opinions and crafting your moral code to your own individual existence
>Following moral absolutes

Cuck

Health wise it's a meme, the only benefit is they avoid eating otherwise shit food that involve animal products. They aren't immune to buying shit food though, especially if they can't afford whole food vegan pandering organic shit that may or may not be any healthier than any other vegetables you buy at a grocery store.

There are no real benefits to removing animal products from your diet, most of their arguments are criticisms of the food industry in general. (I.E the meat is unhealthy because of hormones). The problem with this thinking is that plant based foods are just as subjected to poor practices as animal products, if not more (I.E you're going to ingest more pesticides from eating plants than eating the meat of an animal that's ingested pesticides).

The health benefits they claim can be mimicked by vegetarians or people that exclude only red meat from their diet. The real reason veganism is a thing is it's a trendy virtue signaling fad where the crux of their argument is equality with animals and the belief that sustenance can be acquired without unnecessary death. They exist only to smugly tout around a metaphysical badge that says "I'm a good person" because they think they've found some sort of zen in life.

I say we should just clone meat, if christfags/hippie naturalist fags will let us

Not true at all. Animal ethics has no central cause or agreed list of principles. There are people who believe non-human animals have rights, some believe they simply have value that should be taken into account, etc. Nobody thinks animals should be able to vote.

As for wild animals and tame animals. That is true to an extent, though even in places like India (not a great example I know) cows aren't eaten and aren't forced to run around fleeing predators all day long.

I was vegetarian strictly for budgetary reasons in my early 20s. Nothing wrong with it.

When it gets all tangled up with moralistic finger waving faggots is when problems start cropping up.

This triggers the """"""""vegan"""""""

Not getting enough protein from sources like red meat will result in constantly hungry and low-energy lambs easily herded. They are easy to control because they simply can't keep up with thinking.

I feel bad for any serious male into this. Veganism is 100% a female thing, for only they can think an animal and a fucking human are the same.

i guess, there are seeds smaller than the buttons on your remote control that have 800 calories each. beans, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and grains.

really we're able to eat anything thats available.

blessed is the lion when consumed by man, for it becomes man. cursed is the lion that consumes man, for the lion becomes man.

>A well balanced vegan diet is the best thing you can eat for health

Really?

>It means that close-minded right wingers instantly dismiss it because of the sort of people who advocate it. In doing so, you're preventing yourself from adopting a diet that will greatly improve your health and wellbeing.

I'm right wing and I'm asking about it. Hardly being close minded. I did want to know why all vegans have dreadlocks and are skeleton skinny fags and effeminate though and if that ties into being vegan.

> don't think being a vegetarian/vegan on it's own is that bad, it's the things that generally get associated with it. As you've said, they're mostly liberal, and many of them are narcissistic about what they do because muh virtue signalling. Wish they didn't create their own sub-culture tbqh.

I agree. It's unfortunate that so many vegans / vegetarians are people who rely on emotional arguments ("look into its eyes! animals have souls!") rather than logical ones.

However in my experience people who aren't vegans are far more likely to claim that vegans are always keen to convert others etc and that they are generally annoying people. Most I've met just keep to themselves (as I do), but it's easier to dismiss any group if those who oppose it agree on a meme they can use to dismiss that group's arguments (i.e. that they are all loud, annoying missionaries)

>best argument
>denying scientifically established fact, that hominidae are omnivores

>for only they can think an animal and a fucking human are the same.

Fags and pussies are also very prone to misunderstanding arguments, as you do here. Nobody claims humans and animals are "the same". Your outrage only serves to reinforce your own prejudice.

3 main reasons to stop eating meat and dairy: ethics, health, environment.

ethics: meat production causes massive suffering. this is an undeniable fact. if you don't eat meat, you reduce your contribution to that suffering. if you care about making there be less suffering on the planet, then you have at least one reason to not eat meat.

health: not eating meat and dairy is healthier since you don't get untold numbers of chemicals/hormones put in your body. also i think the science is pretty solid that your body prefers eating non-meat to meat.

environment: cow farts and all that contributing to greenhouse gas concentration.

for me, the main reason is ethics. i don't want to contribute to animal suffering, so i don't eat them. (i often make an exception for fish and seafood though because the neuroscience is pretty unanimous that none of those things feel pain, but overfishing is a huge problem so gotta be careful.) heath is next: my american family is a bunch of fat fucks and they eat meat breakfast lunch and dinner, like most americans i know. that shit is so bad for you just eat a fucking salad you fat piece of shit.

i think vegans get a really bad rap because of the faggots that promote it and make it a part of their identity. just buy vegetables/beans/tofu/fruits on your own and keep your fucking mouth shut you pretentious cunt. that's what i do, unless someone asks, like in this case.

i didint ignore anything, i just advocated eating a lion another post.

It's a fallacious argument.

how?

nothing in this info graphic is false.

Veganism is the way of the future.

Like Hillary Clinton?

I keep hearing this hormone thing. How hardcore is the difference when you eat the hormone and chemicals in meat? Like what do they even do that's negative? Is it even noticeable?

This french vegan looks very healthy

The image is accurate in a sense, though I agree with Pentti Linkola and others who point out that much of the land used for animal grazing is used because no crops can grow on it.

I'm actually pro-Climate change. Canada is too fucking cold and I want sandy warm beaches while anything south of the equator burns to death when it becomes uninhabitable.

>accurate

Cow farts are the cause of global warming?

That "meat is not a right"?

top kek, this
you stupid fkn cucks, EAT SOME BLOOD

>Nothing protective or beneficial
Best protein source
Best fat source
Only substantial b-12 source
Liver constitutes one of the best vitamin A sources in nature (Livers of many vertebrates are so rich with it they're toxic).
Vitamin D source if you aren't getting enough sun.

>Muh Superfoods

I made a thread on /ck/ about this once, there are virtually no animal based superfoods and the conclusion was made that a superfood has no scientific backing, is often propped up as having superb health benefits and is mystified as being a cure or having preventative property.

It almost always applied to a plant product and it was concluded that it was a marketing attempt to boost vegetable sales because the demand for certain vegetables has been in decline in the west.

This is why thousands of contracting articles about the benefits of vegetables are shit out every year while nothing of interest comes out for meat other than vegan pandering shit.

Protip, "anti-carcinogen" experiments typically involve throwing some shit in vile containing a tumor and seeing if the cells get fucked by it. Like with the Grove Apple cancer cure craze. anti-carcinogenic properties in an enclosed environment are just a drop of piss in the ocean when trying to determine the effects in a human body.

>Really?

Nutrition is a extremely deep subject area and I spent around 3 hours a day for a couple months doing research before I came to the conclusion that a diet based around whole plant foods that excludes animal products is optimal for human nutrition. Honestly, it's not something that can be adequately dealt with in a format like a Sup Forums thread.

Basically, there are many, many clinical trials and studies proving the myriad health benefits of plant foods. You can pick any type of cancer you like and you'll probably be able to find a study showing that regular intake of a certain fruit or vegetable either decreases risk of developing that cancer or increases survival rate among people who have developed it.

Animal foods on the other hand offer nothing that can't be found in plant foods but contain lots and lots of things we know are bad for you. The best you'll ever find, once you get into reading medical journals about nutrition, is studies attempting to disprove other studies that showed negative effects from consumption of one animal food or another. Eggs are a nice one, for example. You can find lots of studies showing negative effects from regular egg consumption. You won't find any positive ones, just industry funded studies attempting to show that eggs aren't bad for you. There are none attempting to show positive effects from eating them - just neutral ones.

So you have the choice of eating things you know are good for you, or things that might be bad for you or might just be neutral. Given that you can only eat a limited amount of things in a day, the sensible thing for someone concerned with health is to eat exclusively healthy things.

The leftist vegan stereotype, as I said earlier, is a result of people who don't care about nutrition but treat their diet as a moral issue. Those people are idiots. While I'm technically a vegan, I would never advertise myself as one.

>a leaf with some sense
What timeline are we on again?

>Human stomach ph is 1.5 to 3.5
>Peristalsis does not depend upon fibers
>we have canines
>we have digestive mechanism for meat
>Corelation ! = causation

Moral vegetarians are pure bullshit, they claim to be against meat but are perfectly willing to support dairy which needs to constantly keep cows pregnant, the male calves becoming meat.

Where the fuck do you live?outta this world I think..

McDonalds literally almost killed a vegan.

That picture is a retarded meme. They also conveniently didn't include pigs, mice, birds or fish who are also omnivores but would destroy this teeth fallacy entirely. Or mentioned how so called "frugivore" chimps hunt and eat other monkeys, rodents and basically anything they can kill.

I made an image to show how easily manipulated is the left with their green "mother earth" agenda

As long as it shows on TV that eating vegetables will save the planet the brainwashed goyim will do it

and to my surprise I find more people buying the United Nations "Be Vegan!" agenda here than on reddit

Can someone explain me what's going on? Are these people trolling or what?

I'm not one of those "For every burg u eat I'ma eat 10 AYUK YUK YUK" edgelord faggot cretin homos but who the hell would want to extend their tenure willingly on the shit mortal coil, especially eating a bunch of shitty food that tastes like dirt? Even living past 30 is far too god damn long.

Anyway, reasonable vegetarianism isn't a big deal and I've been veg for a few years before I stopped because it was too much of a chore to keep denying meat people would feed me. It's more of a waste to toss it than to eat it, so now I eat meat if someone else cooked it and is serving it to me as a guest or something like that. Animals are experiencing a state of consciousness no matter how dumb or deserving of painful and humiliating death you think they are. To people who counter argue with "But a lion would kill and eat you without a second thought!" yeah, that's a lion. I'm not a lion. I'm a person that's capable of empathizing with the pain another living creature suffers, and a functioning, rational brain capable of thought and choice.

it's somewhat unclear. company/industry funded science says there's no risk, but independent studies show some risk. trust who you want. (c.f., webmd.com/diet/features/safer-food-healthier-you#1)

just remember that last year processed meats were finally labeled a carcinogen. try and think of how long the meat industry was trying to keep *that* from happening. (cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html)

It would be better for the environment and for food security (and possibly for health as well) if we cut down meat to a few days a week. Say, one day each for fish, red meat, and white meat.

It's also kind of degenerate to kill animals for a small amount of pleasure.

That said, Britain's iconic landscape is largely defined by pastureland and would be much less pleasant if covered entirely in crops.

Executive post make Canada great.

what a waste of digits
the only thing that would make this more pathetic is if it was a fucking leaf advocating veganism

>All those hormones

Your vegetables have pesticides and other shit in them you can't wash away.

This meme that plants aren't fucked by shit practices is frustratingly retarded.

The benefits to vegetarianism/veganism can largely be achieved by just eating more (varied) vegetables and preparing your meat properly.
For example, cooking your ground beef in its own juices instead of oil or butter does a lot to lower cholesterol.

A vegan diet takes a ridiculous amount of planning to get right, and even then you require supplements because of certain vitamins you can barely find in veggies. Needless to say the plebs don't have the time or brainpower to micromanage all that shit.

>iron supplements

>Animal foods on the other hand offer nothing that can't be found in plant foods
How about adequate concentrations of zinc, iron, and vitamin b12?

Utter sophistry, but then I wouldn't expect a Strayan to know his ass from his elbow.

I actually have a question

When you see an image like this

Do you seriously believe in the message? Do you seriously try to find "accuracy" on it?

>better for the environment
Do cows produce more methane than tractors? Do cows kill more vermin than tractors?

I thought global warming was a myth anyway.

I personally do not mind vegetarians or veganism, but I think senselessly advocating for this is a meme.

I personally wouldn't give a shit about the animals, since we have always eaten meat. Only thing that is a good argument is that we have become too hedonistic in the west and overproduce stuff we do not really need, but consume just because we like to feel instant gratification.

So yeah, vegetarianism/veganism is in my opinion taking it too far. Most of the normies will never follow it anyway. I think it's better in the long run if just stop overindulging on shit you don't need to survive. I know we all do it sometimes, indulge in degeneracy, but important is to admit it, and slowly self-improve, instead of going ape shit about it and become a puritarian.

Superfoods generally come from the ground because of the diversity of nutrients gained from the soil.

Any form of self discipline is good.
Not sure why most vegans are liberal faggots tho.

Not to mention all that lovely protein.

>Save the earth, eat a nigger

Veganism died in 2016. All of the vegan youtube channels have maxed out and are slowly going backwards now. It is just another stupid trend mostly followed by girls looking for the next miracle cure to staying skinny.

Now it is just being pushed by globalists who want us to eat shit that they can grow in a factory that doesn't cost much money.

It is a stupid diet. You will look and feel like shit if you become a vegan.

how do i eat pls

I think anything without citation is full of shit, sadly most people just believe everything they see on their facebook.

so true. this is why i am fairly strict pescatarian. i don't trust eating cows pigs and chickens, or any other land meats, and i sure as fuck don't do dairy because that shit is pure evil. small fish and seafood i can justify though, and they're hella healthy, and yummy

how do you think that chemicals keeping bugs away from plants is on a par with growth hormones that make cows and pigs unnaturally meaty? i'm not saying plants are perfect just that the hormones and shit they put in livestock to make them more meaty strikes me as worse.

kek
nigga you don't need those vitamins to become a gooback

Vegans on average life 4-7 years longer and have lower risk of heart disease and obesity.

iron: spinach, kale, fucking obviously
b12: nutritional yeast or vegemite you fucking kangaroo

it makes sense because you benefit by lesser demand for meats, making them more affordable

Down with the vegan agenda!

>Why are most Vegans liberal pussies?

Vegan and right winger here.

I assume most vegans are just people looking to justify an eating disorder. Most vegans I have met are essentially this.

I also don't associate with other vegans because they're generally intolerable.

and are, in the main, insufferable cunts.
fuck vegans

Eat a lot of coal and shit do we?

Animals don't process those nutrients? The actual reason is marketing.

You need large amounts of crops to produce feed for livestock anyway. So the amount of land, fertiliser, transportation etc. for a calorie of meat is vastly greater than that for a calorie of veg.

>I thought global warming was a myth anyway.
You thought wrongly.