>2017
>Doesn´t want to be a Templar Knight
Are you saracen, disabled or both?
>B-But it can get you killed!!
So? Isn´t defending Cristianity worth it?
>But you can get addicted to it!
No you can´t if you take it as your life´s work and passion. Then it´s very rewarding
>I..It requires murdering!
God allows it and who asks you to murder every day you imbecile. Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it.
Ave Maria, Deus Vult

Other urls found in this thread:

lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVanswers/2006/02-03.htm
scotlandmag.com/magazine/issue47/12009465.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_GWUW0W_xY4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KkqXXKb0jrA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>meistä tuli muurareita :D

>2017
>doesn't smoke cigarettes

>thou shall not kill

No man is above the Commandments

You are about as Christian as Muhammed

The true essence of Christ's words were tarnished by man (see: Catholicism)

>using god as an excuse to enact vengeance and pillaging

very christian.

Heretics spotted.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy; But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those whose persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Mt. 5.43-46

I'm Jewish. Can I join anyway?

Oh hey its you, missed you already :D
Finally got rid of rooki smoking? Good.
P.S Deus Vult.

No

>what is a just war
Read both St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas.

You are welcome to join as a financier.

I'm an agnostic, can I come?

16. Psalm 82:4 “Rescue weak and needy people. Help them escape the power of wicked people.”

17. Proverbs 24:11 “Rescue captives condemned to death, and spare those staggering toward their slaughter.”

18. 1 Timothy 5:8 “But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.”

>thou shall not kill
It's "Thou shalt not murder", you infidel.

Should have jewed the Muslims and opened the gates to let the Crusaders in thb

Psalms 120:6Too long have I lived among those who hate peace. I am a man of peace; but when I speak, they are for war.

Jesus was not.a warlord like muhhamad. Christianity literally is a religion of.peace (until Men and their vain and pride took religion as a tool for control and conquering).

Sure, you'll end up converting anyway.

Ylis taas vauhis

>we should just stand aside and let them rape our women
>its what Jesus would have wanted, goy!
enough with this meme of "nice" Jesus.

Foreign friends, are you aware of the quality Finnish meme "shout laugh", or shoutings for short?

Acts 5:29 We must obey God, rather than man.

2 Corinthians 10:4 The weapons we fight withare not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine powerto demolish strongholds.

he's right
it just means christianity is a cuck religion

>Literally told Peter to sheathe his sword

You do not understand what it means to live the spiritual and holy life of Christ

No, it's not a meme. Yes, he did get mad and he's not a nice guy in a sense that he's a beta cuck without any convictions. Read the Gospels.

>We must obey God, rather than man
And when God calls us to lead a just war? What of St. Joan of Arc, called by God to lead the french army?

>thou shall not kill :DDDD
I see you haven't read the old testament. That doesn't include war or capital punishment.

If you are Christian, Jesus was the final Word of God.

Yes God did defend Israel in OT but the NT brings in the word of Christ which is the Gospels.

Cuckstianity is cancer

OT was before Jesus. And I agree, OT is bloody.

But if you are a Christian, the continuation of God's word is through Christ, the Prince of Peace.

>the OT doesn't apply xdxdxd
The New testament said all of God's word is good.

Never said OT didn't apply.

But then again the wars were contextual in nature (I.e. Israel defending itself).

A Christian follows the Word of Christ. The world is already condemed to evil (Original Sin) only through Baptism and living the life of Christ will gain Entrance into heaven.

That doesn't refute my point. I didn't bring OT into it at all, the Hundred Years War happened in the 1400s.

Where in the Bible does the Son of God tell you take a sword to nonbelievers?

Where does Jesus ever talk about a Just War?

Modern Christians (I.e. Catholicism and other sects) seem to put faith in kings and put their pride and ego before the salvation of their soul. The Path Christ offers do not involve war with men, rather a war with evil within yourself.

>Templar

best order

>But then again the wars were contextual in nature

Which implies that self defence is not a sin, as you stated. However, the question is at what point does it become acceptable to practice self defense.

>Where in the bible does it tell you to take a sword to nonbelievers?
It doesn't, but thats not what this is about. This is about defending Europe from Islam.
>Where does Jesus ever talk about a Just War?
He doesn't mention Just War specifically, but it is obvious in the passages talking about defending the weak n shit. I'm not a biblical scholar but you seem to be, so you'll probably know what I'm talking about.
>Modern Christians (I.e. Catholicism and other sects) seem to put faith in kings and put their pride and ego before the salvation of their soul. The Path Christ offers do not involve war with men, rather a war with evil within yourself.
I agree with you but this is irrelevant.

Self defense granted by God through God's nation was context.

Look at Jesus if you are a Christian. He did not go out fighting when the Romans took him in. He had the capability to defend himself (as the Son of God) but did he?

That is the example of Christ. He literally won when they killed him because the Temple literally crumbled and so did the Roman Empire.

He didn't defend himself because he knew he had to be Sacrificed. If he had escaped or defended himself, he wouldn't have had a chance to die for our sins, and the gates of heaven wouldn't have been opened.

>templars
meme knights. Hospitallers best order

Taking the piss? St John's were never as good. They just outlasted, despite being kicked from every home they had.

It's not irrelevant to me. I adhere to the Principles laid forth by Christ.

>Defending Europe from Islam

Go defend your kings and your nations which will all be gone when He returns. The nations of Men will fall. But do not claim to fight for Christ, it is anthetical to his teachings.

> Scholar

Not even close. I was just raised a Catholic and fell in love with Jesus and his Gospels.

He didn't know he was gonna go that way though. He prayed to his Father and deliberated wether or not he should go through with it.

He knew he was sent to bring the Word of God. The Sacrifice was literally the embodiment of his word. There's no. Red to fight when you take the Eucharist, you've literally won your place in Heaven.

Dunno why but this guy's face is so punchable i'm unironically thinking about printing it to put on my punching bag.

That's a funny way of spelling Teutonic.

It's a war of defense of the Christian people, not in defense of God. Of course God would want us to defend ourselves.
nice get btw
He did know, lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVanswers/2006/02-03.htm
not sure about the website itself but its a good list

Israel is fighting the Jewish Holy War. Go join the IDF.

Shoutings at the manchild.

I don't know. It seems very antithetical that a follower of Christ would kill another man. I personally cannot participate in the war (religious reasons). But I can understand from a humanistic point of view of defending ones domain.

But killing Is a.mortal sin and unjustifiable. I haven't critically read Aquinas and other saints but they operate on the framework of Logic not with spiritual compassion.

Besides, Aquinas was lauded because he justified many questionable actions of the state. For that reason, I don't listen to men, I let the word of Christ guide me.

Or might just be a kehitysvamma

At least they are still around today, in various legit forms. Many claim templar legacy but they are all larping. And name a more legendary crusader fort than krak des chevaliers

I'd love to know what happened to the templar fleet though

Or maybe he was bullied.

I mean thats fine too, I'm not gonna abduct you and force you to kill invaders with me. But the ten commandments specifically say murder, and not just killing. Taking another life that is endangering yours seriously isn't murder, its self defense.

>Self defense granted by God through God's nation

So the Israelites have a right to defend themselves but the remainder of God's people do not?

Jesus specifically HAD to die though.

>At least they are still around today
Yea, but it's kind of sad. The Deutsche Orden is still around too, but at least they didn't have to keep going door to door looking for couches to crash on.
You have a valid point about Krak des Chevaliers, though. But they didn't build it.

>I'd love to know what happened to the templar fleet though
A lot of it went to Portugal when they repainted as the Knights of Christ.

They aren't larping in Portugal where the king was grateful to the Templars and negotiated for their lives and property. They just got rebranded the Order of Christ, which sort of still exists today.

There's a tradition/myth in Scotland that they went there after leaving la rochelle. Gets a bit /x/ though, roslyn chapel etc. Eg:
scotlandmag.com/magazine/issue47/12009465.html

>implying the 10 commandments still count jesus added to them

Matthew 5
>21Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 22But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

>That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause
Doesn't that imply that with a cause you may kill, but be prepared to be judged on it - so you had better make sure your cause is just?

Remind me of how Jesus 'peacefully' destroyed the temple of the pharisees with 'kindness' and 'patience'.

lol its talking about being angry killing is out of the question for a christian. the apostles were cucks and got killed without defending them self

> But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry

and again

Matthew 5
>43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

christianity is the cuck religion you better just accept that

Deus vult OP
youtube.com/watch?v=_GWUW0W_xY4

>Are you disabled
I wear corrective lenses. Can I still remove kebab?

to add to that

>20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

this means that you have to be better then the jews and follow jesus not the 10 commandments

m.youtube.com/watch?v=KkqXXKb0jrA

deus vult