He says these things

I tend to be able to see both sides of most arguments. When the president says something like this, I can't help but be a little bit worried.

I'm interested in your honest opinion. Do you question The president when he says something like this? Does it concern you at all? What do you really think, I want to know. Put aside the urge to say something outlandish or crazy just to get a reaction.

What do you honestly think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0qezLhypA0Y
orionsarm.com/fm_store/OrbitalRings-I.pdf
orionsarm.com/fm_store/OrbitalRings-II.pdf)
merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/word-of-the-year-2016/bigly
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

have you been living under a rock? CNN ABC and NBC posted fake news and they keep on posting fake news

He wants to destroy the power of MSM and he's a god damn patriot for doing it.

It's difficult to disagree when the entirety of polls through the presidential campaign prove him right multiple times over. How many polls said he had next to no chance of winning? They are fake news and are designed entirely to demoralize him and his supporters...

Have you looked at some of the articles posted by said sites and the bias?

All credibility should be thrown out the window forever and those people should lose their jobs.

You're worries are warrantless when the media is oversampling from their preferred idealology.

*Your

I fucking hate concern trolls, OP. That's what I hate.

Most polls got the result right though, just that it was the popular vote and not the ec

Just to clarify, do you think the major news outlets are blatantly fabricating all polls? Is every poll that suggests a negative opinion of the president a work of fiction regardless of who runs it?

Every...bit...true...

Fucking kraut trying to change history. Go fix your country muhammad.

I'm not trolling, I really just wanted to know what you thought.

The hell you say

He means that extreme vetting & border security polls have a high degree of difference between them, so they're untrustworthy.

He frames his points in this way to bait people into sharing his message, so no, I'm not concerned.

OP KYS.

/thread

It might sound silly on the surface, but after an insane election cycle where the media was very openly against him and constantly posted "accurate" polls with him having a 2% chance to win, it's pretty clear that MSM polling methods are flat out broken.

I live in the former blue state of Michigan and Trump's executive orders have been very popular, even if college kids at MSU and U of M cry about them all day.

Out of context the tweet is bad. In context, he's right. There's no reason to believe a poll that says people don't support the ban when the same polls got the election wrong.

Well, this definitely makes some sense. Although I think that "anyone who says something bad about me as a liar" is a pretty poor position to take.

It is better to judge the news as fake or not in terms of what they don't say rather than the ratio of lies:truth in what they do say. It's the stuff that is omitted that really matters.

Is it possible to build a space elevator today?

Yes:

youtube.com/watch?v=0qezLhypA0Y

The key idea is the Orbital Ring version of the space elevator, not the geosynchronous tether concept you are familiar with.

See, for example, Paul Birch's writings:

orionsarm.com/fm_store/OrbitalRings-I.pdf

The orbital ring only requires tethers about 300 kilometers long which is technically feasible with common material like steel, but ridiculously straightforward with better and already available material like kevlar.

The original design for a space elevator came from Tesla and we call it the orbital ring space elevator concept now. Arthur C Clarke was also working off the Tesla template and described an orbital ring style elevator.

This is completely different than what you normally conceive when you think space elevator. People are familiar with the idea of a counterweight in space attached by a ~40,000 km cable. Something that works like spinning in circles with a yoyo. Unfortunately you need nonexistent materials for this design: carbon nanotubes or something similar.

However, we can get around this by changing the design. The orbital ring elevator only has to be about 300 km high - just high enough to get out of any significant atmospheric drag.

Imagine a ring of material circling around Earth at ~300km altitude. Now what we can do is put an elevator on either side of the Earth like pic related. Each elevator uses superconducting magnets to deflect the ring of material downward somewhat. That produces an equal and opposite reaction, or lifting force, which can hold an elevator up.

It works on the same principle as you getting pushed back a little bit by firing a gun. In this case, the top of the elevator is essentially continuously firing material "down" in order to push itself up.

It's worth thinking about that this original design, put forth by Tesla and popularized by Clarke, is hardly even present in the public psyche. Take that as an indiction of how extensive and pervasive the brainwashing in the media is - mainstream, "alternative," or otherwise.

But, isn't there a difference between inaccuracy and "fake"? Wouldn't fake news imply a lie? A willingness to miss lead the public?

That's part of the bait. He has been doing this for literally over a year now.

You might question if this is a good strategy or not, and why it's a good strategy or not, but it has been working out for him so far.

There are some important questions. First, how much would it cost to do something like this?

We need to send about 160 million kilograms of material into space (See Birch's boot strap estimates in part 2: orionsarm.com/fm_store/OrbitalRings-II.pdf)

We have rockets available at $2000/kg costs to LEO today in "mass production" mode, which is only about 10-20 launches per year. Compared with the couple thousand launches necessary for a space elevator, $2000 is an unreasonably high upper bound for launch costs.

We also need to include the cost of materials. A space elevator is about 98% steel and aluminum, 1% kevlar, and 1% other such as superconducting magnets. Most of the mass (98%) cost around $1/kg, with an average cost per kilogram of no more than about $10 per kilogram.

Summing the above up, we get about $430 billion in launch costs plus another $1-2 billion in material costs.

In other words, we can have a space elevator for less than $450 billion - significantly less than one year worth of DoD spending, one bank bailout, many times less than a variety of pointless wars, etc. This is well within our reach financially in other words.

What do we get in return for this $450 billion investment?

Virtually unlimited value. For example, with a space elevator we can reliably launch our nuclear waste into the sun. We've spent $100 billion building a waste repository in Nevada, but it was ultimately decided not to even use it. Now it costs only a dollar or two per kilogram to get rid of all of the nuclear waste in the world.

Second, we have immediate access to viable asteroid mining industry. Because the cost of delivering payloads to LEO drops to about $1/kilogram, we can not retrieve asteroids with trillions of dollars worth of minerals for mere tens millions of dollars in addition to having an easy viable way of returning those resources back to the surface.

We acquire the ability to deploy profitable solar power in orbit above cloud cover and with the ability to return said power back to the surface with near zero loss by running power transmission cables down the elevator.

Just how profitable?

With increased luminosity in space, enhanced exposure time, and the ability to deliver base loads, solar panels pay for themselves in only 1-2 years while having a 20 year life time.

In other words, if you put $5 trillion of solar panels into space, you get your $5 trillion back by the end of year two and a $5 trillion income stream each year thereafter.

In other words, the US could cut everyone's taxes, both personal and business, income, capital, death, or otherwise, all to 0%, not even cut any benefits or current spending, and pay off the national debt within a decade.

Why would that worry you? What are these "two sides" of an argument that you're seeing? I want border security and extreme vetting because I don't want to get my head cut off for not worshipping some sand nigger god or blown up when I go to a sports game or amusement park, end of story.

You know those posts people jokingly ironically post about "But seriously he cant have the nuclear codes"

Im starting to slightly feel that way. Im still on board, but comments like this are really sketchy even for me who wants what he is promoting.

It should already be obvious that the entirety of the political debate spectrum is cointelpro.

Are taxes too high or too low? Irrelevant, we don't actually need taxes.

Is social spending bankrupting us? Irrelevant, we can retire the national debt without cutting spending all while having no tax whatsoever.

What does this have to do with taking the red pill?

We've had the technological ability to undertake such a project for decades.

That means all the squabbling you have heard your entire life, money, debt, spending, taxes, scarcity, whatever, is all bullshit. Not only is it bullshit, anyone with rudimentary knowledge of the world has known that it is all bullshit for all of this time.

In other words, once you come to understand the such a project is and has been technically feasible for decades, you have to reevaluate many things.

Why is there nothing of this in the conspiracy media? They are not really trying to expose or solve any problems. One hundred percent of it is cointelpro. From the Young Turks to Infowars or whatever, they are all completely full of shit because solutions to our problems not only exist, are easy to carry out, but this has been the case for a very long time.

Similarly, you now know that 20%+ annual GDP growth is possible. If Trump gives you 3-4% instead of Obama's 2%, he is simply working with the establishment to try to placate and subvert a rising tide. If we see the easily achievable 20%+ growth rates, it is at least possible that he isn't a subversive. Anything less and you know he is a fraud.

We should trust the media.

Also fuck birds and the bird lovers sueing my parent companys proposed windfarms.

But he's fucking right.
The margins that Clinton won the popular vote are similar to those that she won the polls by.

The "CLINTON 99.9% Chance of Winning" stuff was based on the polls and the likelihood of states voting in roughly similar proportions to the popular vote...evidently that was false but not because the popular vote ratio was off- it was more the distribution of the pro-Clinton voters were more concentrated in certain areas that handed over the certain states to Trump.

The issue is that Trump just seems really touchy about his popularity. He's president now, I don't get why he gives a fuck.

oh my god i thought this was fake
this is hilariously bad

>60%

There are usually at least two sides in an argument, I was simply speaking broadly about most of the debates that I either witness or am part of.

I find no fault in the president telling the uncomfortable truth.

That all msm is literally soviet level propaganda controlled by globalists. Have you seen the one sided bs and out right lies over the past 18 months? Been going on for much longer but they've really shown their hand recently.

He's not wrong.

I can see plenty of validity in the argument that the media misrepresents the truth, but I find it hard to believe that yes, what you're saying here, is your honest opinion.

Why would they skew poll results?

No they didn't. The brexit polls were way off too.

I want this to end in some witty shitpost

>Bowling Green Massacre
>3 millions illegal votes
>my inaguration had the largest attendance ever

Trump is just as bad as CNN

And there it begins

I've seen nothing but lies after lies and contradictions in the US media, and even in my country, extremly conservative media is suddenly pro-progressive shit, and flaring Donald Trump all the time for things that have been done many times before, things that our goverment does all the time and so on, so yes, I agree with this user in saying that the msm is cancer.

>polls say that donald trump has a small, but nonzero chance of winning
>trump wins in a historic upset that nobody saw coming
>LOLOLOL MEDIA BTFO THEY SAID THAT TRUMP HAD A SMALL CHANCE AND HE WON HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER

He doesn't give a fuck. The MSM gives a fuck, along with cucks like you. You must be a complete and utter brainwashed idiot to watch the news and believe what they say. I pray someone nukes big citys and be ridden of liberal fuckery.

Refugees are mostly harmless

Mostly

>a willingness to mislead the public
Did you miss the entire last election season? They knew about, and covered up, literal treason because they wanted clinton in office. They lie like it is their job. It probably is.

oops

The polls are clearly fake. If you didn't learn this after the MUH 98% shitstorm then you're too far gone

Fuck off concern shill, Trump knows what he's doing

It's b8. This is why Trump resonates better with Sup Forums users. We can smell bait from a mile away. To the media, this is an incoherent rambling of lies and misperceptions. To us, this is just top-tier trolling.

Goddamn faggots he was just a bit subtle and you got hooked....

Hillary didn't win the popular vote

>All resistance is from the Clinton Archipelago
>Everyone else is smugly smiling and waiting to turn off water and electricity utlities and food supplies to the archipelago on Trumps command to starve the traitors out.

>Bowling Green Massacre
Bowling Green was real, dumb shit
>3 millions illegal votes
This is true, pic rel
>my inaguration had the largest attendance ever
He never said that, he said it was bigger than Obama's 2012

Time yo mckill yourself

Yes, like refusing to show the size of Trumps rallies

Worried about what? Fake news? Well don't. Because daddy trump is gonna make it all better again.

I'll take the b8. No, we look at the polls methodology and if it's biased we won't believe it. The MSM has been caught doing this for almost every poll concerning Donald so it's safe to assume, just like when you see a pack of dindus with pants saggin' and bix noodin', it's best to just not acknowledge them and cross the street

This guy gets it.

> runs on simple platform of border security, scrapping the shitty trade deals, restoring american dignity and sovereignty, stop shipping jobs overseas, coax companies to return to the us by reducing regulatory and tax burderns.
> all (((polls))) say he simply cant win
> wins anyway
> begins immediately keeping promises
> all (((polls))) say NOBODY WANTS THIS!!!
> all (((polls))) say EVERYBODY HATES YOU!!
> all (((polls))) say YOU SHOULD JUST GIVE UP!!
> keeps winning anyway

there was only one poll that mattered and it was on nov 8.

Trump Won.
and he won handily.
Trump isnt a weak fool like GHWB and Dubya, he doesnt care what the (((polls))) say because anyone with a brain in their heads knows that the (((pollsters))) craft their polls, and select samples specifically to get the result they desire.

fuck you lefties, you lost, now you have to eat the shit sandwich you prepared for the rest of us.

>Polls predict Hillary wins popular vote by 2%
>Hillary wins popular vote by 2%

Lol MSM BTFO Lol

Thank you very much for your replies. It's nice to see some folks here have genuine opinions and are able to resist the urge to try and be as edgy as possible.

His heart and actions are utterly unclouded

They are all those of 'Justice'

The left bitch way much more than the right, the right just wants to do their shit instead of going into the streets and scream about what they want

wrong, polls were off by 6 points in average swing states

>Bowling Green
It was a planned massacre by Muslim migrants. Kelly Anne quickly corrected herself on twitter after the interview.
>3mn illegal votes
Its true. Most states don't require any ID and buses of illegals were flooding into CA and AZ. In fact the polling stations broke their time slot limit and extended the vote by 2 hours in those areas.
>inauguration biggest ever
Nope. He said it was bigger than Obama's in 2012 and the most watched international inauguration as it beat Obama's 2008 ratings by more than 7mn viewers.

>Trump just seems really touchy about his popularity. He's president now, I don't get why he gives a fuck.

That's just who he is, and it's not likely to change.

Even all the Electoral predictions where completely wrong predicting Clinton 350+ landslides some of those retards even talked about Texas leaning blue and the entire rust belt solid blue. You can't take those "people" serious anymore.

disingenuous faggot you are paid to collect information

> most polls got the result right
> popular vote not electoral votes...
youre retarded.

ALL of the (((polls))) were about winning the election, which happens in THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE

nobody was saying hilldawg would get more popular votes, but trump would win, all the (((polls))) declared trump would LOSE, and lose bigly.

yes it's a word and Trump uses it correctly, thank you very much.
merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/word-of-the-year-2016/bigly

>>can't help but be a little worried?

Why? President is posturing against the forces that oppose him, as all leaders must do unless they are weak. How is this any different than Obama posturing against Russia who attacked the ISIS organization he created to undo Syria?

I'm not trying to insult you OP, because trying to see both sides is important in life, but you seem to think world leaders don't have to lead lol. The difference between Trump and say Obama was that Obama talked about peace in the middle east and then went on to start 7 wars, Trump talks about stopping war by fighting with Russia/Syria, then goes on to do just that. So no, I don't trust CNN or any of those other news agencies who never criticized Obama and seem more concerned with Bannon's twitter than people dying in riots in NYC/UCB.

You're a fool, I am paid to do no such thing.

I take into account his personality along with the fact hes not a career politician. Refreshingly human tbqhwyfamalam

Kej
just like CNN
Tell the lie, then give a correction

>mfw when obama says it he's literally hitler, but when trump outright tells people that the media is lying and he's really the most popular president in history he's the god emperor

I want r/the_donald to leave.

It wasn't a massacre.

Not even remotely accurate.

Look at the man he hires for press secretary. Who did in fact say that. this place really is a Russian shill board Jesus Christ.

The problem is that when you've got three different, competing news outlets all supposedly publishing fake news against one outlet (fox) you've got to wonder who is actually making up fake news.

I mean, anything you can say about one side you can easily say about the other so you go with Occam's Razor and assume the simplest solution of Trump being an idiot.

These outlets literally post things that are fake or at least ignore half the facts all the time.

I guarantee you if they just reported honestly Trump would forget about it almost instantly. But they won't.

Stop lying to us Muhammad. The polls were even conducted on a state by state basis so saying that they predicted hillary winning the popular vote makes no sense. and they purposefully oversampled dems in their polls too. Fuck you.

Really?

Im sure 200 million Americans don't care that are at work right now

maybe some facebook junkies are talking about it.

>bowling green was real
Lol, they were arrested for planning to send money to insurgents back in Iraq, not to commit the terrorist plots here you dummies.

Considering he is almost always right, I'm not worried. CNN truly is fake news

>Do you question the president when he says something like this? Does it concern you at all?
It only concerns me if he's actually censoring things. Calling out CNN, ABC and NBC for their flagrant misuse of misinformation and deception is fine, however.

I wanted the border and extreme vetting, just like the people who voted for him wanted the border and extreme vetting.

If the people didn't want those things, they wouldn't have voted for him. Simple as that.

She used massacre in 2 different interviews, she just lies

> obongo says "press is lying"
obongo declared the RIGHT WING press was lying, about a variety of things like

> obamacare crafted in secret by insurance industry lobbyists
TRUE
> left wing press claims about obamacare are deliberate lies to get it passed, then they will reveal the real turd sandwich you now have to eat
TRUE
> benghazi wasnt about some shitty video, but rather a planned terrorist attack by al quaeda and friends
TRUE
> obongo was born in kenya
Not True, but OBONGO was the one who claimed it, then denied it then claimed it again, before denying it.
he cant keep his story straight, so how can we believe him?
and the "claims he was born in kenya" never existed (except for wackadoos, and obongo himself) it was claims that he needed to show hsi birth certificate or some other proof of american citizenship, which he never actually did.
Protip: the whole thing was started by hilldawgs top operative in california.

etc etc etc

meanwhile, the press is deliberately lying about Trump at every turn

Bannon antisemite?
NOPE
Moslem ban?
NOPE
house to house searches to deport every illegal?
NOPE
Putin Hacked Election?
NOPE
etc etc etc.

when liars lie, they keep lying.
Trump speaks simple observable facts, if you think he is lying present evidence.

Except that's impossible. If Clinton won the popular vote by the amount she won the polls by, then she would have won the popular vote in enough states to get enough electoral votes to win the election.

The reality is that she only won the popular vote because of huge turnout in California (which just so happens to have tons of illegals and just so happens to make voting easy enough that illegals can do it).

[autistic screeching]

he's a chronic shitposter and it's hysterical

I don't know what your'e talking about. I absolutely love that man

> SHILL
> SHILL

DO NOT REPLY TO ANYTHING RELATED TO TRUMP CALLING OUT FAKE NEWS

> SHILL
> SHILL

> wasnt a massacre
it was a PLANNED attack.
the FBI got em before they could do it.
there is ZERO chance these clowns are innocent, kellyanne simply mis-spoke.

secondly it was NOT spicer (press secretary) who said it, it was CONWAY (sr advisor)

if you cant even keep that shit straight how can you fault her for a simple mistake in wording?

neck yourself fucknugget,

CNN NBC and abc had an information monopoly for many decades

After Nixon they saw themselves as kingmakers

But now with the internet their power has been circumvented they are just desperate to remain relevant as blog posters and YouTube stars outshine them daily in terms of raw ratings

People have a misconception that the press is beyond reproach and completely objective when this is Joe depmonstrably ubtrue

I'm completely fine with the president fighting back over media inflict, they wield too much

>HURRR FAKE NEWS DURRR

It's a bad statement. Their polls aren't "fake" just because they're likely over sampling certain groups. It makes them misleading but they're not fake. Calling them fake discredits the opinions of anyone who voted in the poll or shares the opinion.

I don't really pay attention to most of the poll stuff from mainstream media but do they normally include sample data?

Frankly I'm more concerned that the POTUS spends so much time watching cable news than that he says retarded things on the internet.

why are they even polling the opinion of the person who got elected as president? just let democracy do its thing without looking for and faking up trouble

funny, i made my case clearly and concisely.

you however have done nothing of the sort.

you IMPLIED that when obongo said the media was lying he was right, then you further implied that when President Trump says it, he is wrong.

the facts disprove your implications, and therefore you should cover yourself with raw meat and go swimming in a billabong full of crocodiles.

Sup Forums thinks what it wants. We elected a meme as president and he is actually doing the shit he says he will and its only been a 2-3 weeks. Stop coming here and shilling. Sage.

This. He is taking his opinions straight from Breitbart and Fox. It wouldn't kill him to read some of this "fake news" from the global press just to get an idea of what the other side thinks.

There has never been a public media blitz attack like what we've seen them do with trump, and that's saying something when it concerns MSM. He won because people are sick of the lies and he'll continue to win by circumventing MSM and speaking directly.