China is now the world’s largest solar power producer

digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/china-solar-energy/

Not only is it the world’s most populous country, it’s now also the world’s biggest producer of solar energy. On Saturday, the National Energy Administration (NEA) noted that the nation officially claimed the title after doubling its installed photovoltaic (PV) capacity last year. By the end of 2016, China’s capacity hit 77.42 gigawatts

>B-but they never take steps against global warming in China
>Hurr they can use coal but we can't

More articles on China fighting global warming:

theguardian.com/environment/2016/jun/20/china-to-generate-a-quarter-of-electricity-from-wind-power-by-2030

theguardian.com/environment/2017/jan/06/china-cementing-global-dominance-of-renewable-energy-and-technology

Sup Forums irreversibly btfo

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/rKkHkWu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_ratio_of_GDP_to_carbon_dioxide_emissions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aquafresh, you should now solar is a meme

should *know

Great! Hopefull we can all profit from their know-how.

You realize that 70-90% of those panels are fake and the govt just makes up the numbers? Chubado, nowhy. Facts and numbers are western. China do things different, we invent paper gunpowder and compass you know, but I am not expert so I cannot comment. BRB
*dies of 10 types of cancer while smoking and getting my organs cut out for looking at a sign that says Hong Kong is not China.*

They still build more coal plants than solar panels. So they only fuck the planet a little less deep.

Peak capacity is 77.42 GW but the actual output when compared to base load is only 30GW.

>Lu Chang

Sure it is lol.

Peak capacity is 0 and output is *blank* because the solar power engineers are all out back drunk and the factory manager ran off to Vancouver.

xD also the most polluted.

>ruru chang
>grobar walrlrmng
>77 gigawatt photovortaic cerr
>prease pass burr testicer soup

ror

this surely makes up for those hundreds of thousands of gallons of toxic waste dumped into the ocean

>lefties actually think the Chinese give a single solitary fuck about he environment

Top kek

Not for long, even now friend Republicans are working to obliterate the EPA and make America have edible air again.

They're also building nuke plants.
Remeber, fake news tells you that China is an issue.
Fake news tells you its a polluted hellhole.
Have you been there?
Seen it?
No?
Then what proof do you have its not all a con game?

They also pour literal poison into their waterways from the production of the PVC. Also without subsidies renewable energy is shit. Even with subsidies they only manage to break even.

Nuclear is the way to go.

>77 gigawatts
call me when they reach niggawhatts

Don't forget China was kicked out of the TTIP talks, because it's like media doesn't want to see growth in that specific country

I actually have been to China, Beijing, xi'an, Guilin, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, chengdu, and jinan

China is fucking polluted and dirty like pictures of the U.K. From the 1800's

I've seen sooty faced children working in factories

I've seen people living in what a westerner would call ruins

I've seen grown people shitting in gutters and children warped by bizarre dead illnesses like polio begging for money isn't the streets

Fucking tell me that China is protecting the environment

Fuck right off nigger

imgur.com/gallery/rKkHkWu

what are you even saying at this point

China protects the environment like the US is a free and peaceful country.
Tell me, what proof do you have?

China is heavily investing in Green Peace tears and that makes me happy.
Also building solar power satellites finally.
Going to be hilarious when they put them up and have their own SDI.

My fucking eyes

We're not going to end up as bad as China.
Bribery is king in China. They can't get rid of pollution because bribery is so ingrained in their culture that no law barring dumping will prevent them from doing so. No law limiting emissions will ever be followed because they'll just lie about the numbers.
The only ways we'd end up like China is if our culture became more dishonest or if Trump got rid of ALL regulations. Ha campaigned on clean air and clean water. I assume he meant that he's not worried about co2 emissions.

>China is 1/7th of the world's population
>smog everywhere
>"Oh we fuck up my baad. We make sorar paners to stop grobal wawming which is supaa weal give us money stupid fat Amewicaans"

But how can solar panels work under a choking blanket of light blocking smog?

Kek confirms chink solar for meme.

Also, past 20 years, they were reporting their coal consumption at around 80% of the actual value.

Wonder why?

EPA is going bye bye, and as is we are quite dishonest, or do you forget all the dumping cases that come up each year?
Companies don't want to pay for their waste, why not just dump it and ignore it as they did before.

Really makes you think, doesn't it?
Tells those neurons to wonder if you are being lied to on how light works.
China is going into space, they know how light works, that its just a matter of electromagnetics, and those don't care for smog.
Time dilation is an illusion.

Daily reminder solar is a bad meme

>country with biggest population has most of X
O K

Heavy fucking Wumao ITT.
China poster asking for proofs. We have this wonderful thing called the Internet and Critical thinking.

Now, your lead addled, TCM rotted brain can't understand this, but there exists the ability for the Western mind to gather facts and evidence, evaluate them, and make a conclusion all on their own. Westerners don't even need to be told the answer to things. Amazing.

All objective evidence points to china being a slapdash, kleptocrat, polluted, Nogmin hell hole filled with ignorance, fuck-you-got-mine, and general human misery.

I don't need to personally experience that reality to know it's true from thousands of accounts of just how terrible China is.

It's okay though, you FOB chink. President is going to MAGA and you can go back to your polluted, communist rice paddy and await the freedom bombs that will be coming when China thinks it's going to be "The next world power"

5000 years of culture my ass. Go drive your expensive car the wrong way down traffic you slant eyed cunt.

if the panels don't last at least 30 years without any maintenance then they are shit SHIIIIT

>le china is fighting global warming meme

wow look at these digits

What's it per capita with the US?

>more than half of the planet's coal consumption
>leftists think they are climate crusaders because govt subsidizes PV units that use old technology
>think they are making progress by building wind turbines that they literally have not even actually connected to their grid

Pro Tip: Chinese have no regulations on the solar production and can therefore produce it far cheaper because a huge component of cost is disposal of toxic materials

look up silicon tetrachloride

LOL just 3 years ago the biggest scam in chinese stock market was a solar panel manufacturer who had a ghost company buying his own panels

Per person the Chinese emit more CO2 than Europeans... And there are over a billion of them.

Leftists/globalists have rapidly become pro china for some reason. Even though China is nationalist, ethnocentric, and imperialist while just using globalism for increased economic growth.

It's hilarious because China massively outspending on solar panels is nothing new.

They are still a developing country, retards

They have millions of rural people who still don't have access to electricity and basic things like heating, air conditioning, gas stoves etc.

Obviously their per capita carbon emissions are going to be lower at this stage in their economic development

If you weren't retarded, the metric you would be looking at is something like the ratio of GDP to carbon emissions

here, I looked it up for you because you're too stupid to think of it for yourselves

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_ratio_of_GDP_to_carbon_dioxide_emissions