Did gamergate lead to Trump's presidential win...

Did gamergate lead to Trump's presidential win? The reason why I ask is because how many of you were really fully aware of the media's lying hypocrisy? and I mean seeing them publish total lies when you KNOW for absolute certain it's a lie and could prove it? how many of knew about feminists garbage bullshit? how many of you knew about SJW's and their insanity before gamergate? I for one was completely unaware of all of this until gamergate. If that movement never existed, I very well could be an SJW and absolutely vehemently opposed Trump.

So, this makes me wonder, even though gamergate had nothing to do with the election, do you think Trump would have lost if the movement never existed? I for one think so.

Harambe also did for ridicolizing the lefties

It certainly helped but Trump would have found a way to win regardless.

Trump only just barely won in Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and North Carolina . Without gamergate, he would have had fewer supporters, fewer enough to have most likely lost those states.

it certainly laid the groundwork. Both campaigns benefitted from the online infrastcucture- the so called "manosphere" for trump and the tublrite bloggosphere for clinton. Both were kicked into gear by GG, and arguably gave us a chance to practice against the full extent of the MSM's playbook. By the time the election came around, they were scrambling to invent new plays because everything they tried had a counter immediately available.

Gamergate pretty much almost certainly led to the meme war "Pepe" aspect of the US election. I can say it did contribute a lot to the millennial support of Trump. It united figures like Milo Yiannopoulos, Lauren Southern, Sargon of Akkad, Shoe0nhead, etc. together and caused the cultural polarity between SJWs and anti-SJWs we see today.

Sage we had this thread already didn't we?

Anons, btw I'm sorry if this is not a bait of some kind, but we had exact same thread like 2 hours ago with Zoe Quinn as pic the OP posted. Unless it's like exactly x years since gamergate started or some related date.It lasted pretty long and it came to it's conclusion btw.

i was not aware of any previous thread.

Dead gorillas and video game journalists...

Weird timeline man.

no, the media lead to trump's presidential win.

they didn't even mix some truth in with their lies, they just lied non stop. people figured out, latched onto trump, and ignored everything that the media had to say for basically all of 2015 and 2016.

propaganda does not work if you have propagandized people into rejectng everything you have to say.

did for me

It helped a lot.

Yup. GG was the first consumer/low rung backlash. The vidya version of the MSM did all it could but the actual gamers and consumers made it known that they're not to be ignored.

It also did a really good job at marketing feminism. To some, as some poor girl club that needed help. To others, obvious, oblivious morons who didn't know what they were talking about.

As of now the only thing to grab from it is that all of the SJW big names behind it wanted to be victimized for shekels. That was more or less the last big bout of news regarding it and no one wants to dare say anything more because it'll most likely blow up in their faces again. I'm just wondering why Kotaku is still up.

Talking about gamergate on Sup Forums is ILLEGAL!!!
MOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDSSSSSS!!!!!!

GG brought being anti-SJW into the memestream, but only via the Streisand Effect. Basically once Reddit decided to mass-delete and Sup Forums shut it down, followed by media organizations en masse chastising their readers, it was inevitable that Trump would win. Of course we couldn't have known that then.

Political correctness and such bugaboos have always been an undercurrent of right wing talk but it rarely percolated due to standard motte and bailey arguments from the anti-progressive left. The GG fiasco brought the discussion out of the wholesale ownership by righties, in a sense legitimizing it, or at least creating a new polarizing axis that wasn't traditional left/right.

Since the fuck when?

No, the awakening of the planet and the fight back of people fed up with years of politically correct bullshit lead to Brexit and that sparked a domino effect of people realising that its best to be the silent majority than a sheep enslaved under the globalist elites and fake news lame stream media.
Then because America paid attention to Brexit and the way Farage was treat they started to see the EXACT same arguments being used against Trump "nazi, sexist, islamophobic, homophobic" etc.
So let them run their own delusional narrative and spoke in the voting booths instead.

Soros, Rothschilds, Rockefellers and the illuminati and the left wing zombies on suicide watch.

google
>Sup Forums bans gamergate
Then you'll get the joke.

In a very roundabout sense, Zoe Quinn can be thanked for the election of Donald Trump.

Damn those posts are awesome! and so true.

I was literally just thinking that. I want to know what their reactions would be if they were told that and shown proof

Except I was also thinking Anita Sarkeesian & brianna wu as well.

I kinda want to submit an op-ed to all their blogosphere fake news sites making these links and putting the blame on her. Think they'd eat her alive?

itt: delusion

Never heard of gamergate I came here from Grinder

I say it's worth a shot. A lot of the left is eating itself now because of the progressive stack and demographics that voted Republican.

Five bucks says they'll hang Wu up and go "he was just pretending to take our guilt money" like women hated on Jenner for that woman of the year title.

It's part of it. Attributing Trump's rise to power to GG alone is fallacious.

Sup Forums needs more GG-esque movements though. Against other forms of media and academia. Against the economic and financial sectors. Purgation of the undesirables must be done and must be done now. Blitzkrieg them before they could get their shit together to put up a fight.

Praise Kek.

GG was the butterfly effect in action.

Consider a similar scenario that could have exploded, but didn't: the death of Princess Diana. Everyone knows that tabloid rags are read by women pretty much exclusively. But when a tragedy occurred, did the media turn around and try to blame female preoccupation with celebrity, blame their own customers? No, instead it was "our" preoccupation with celebrity, even though I'm pretty sure the only men that buy magazines with celebrities in them, as a rule, are doctors for their offices. By blaming everyone, you blame no one.

The gaming media instead tried to put the blame squarely on the shoulders of their own customers. Gamers were dead, long live gamers.

In the end, they will be correct, though. Hollywood was so garbage, white males abandoned it in droves, and now the content is made for women and niggers. Television was barely ever for white men since white men were barely home, but at least you could expect some prime time shows that appealed to white males. Now that there's a television in every public housing unit no one cares anymore, they produce trash degenerate television for social parasites.

Gaming will go the same way. Overwhelming, feminist gender studies majors on food stamps will run gaming, just like they run twitter, because they'll be the ones at home doing nothing all fucking day every day.

Imagine playing daytime television for the rest of your life.

Gamer Gate was the largest battle in a series of battles of SJW pieces of human shit over reaching in society. Like another poster said, it was the Stalingrad of the culture war. However SJW pigs were fucking up everything at that time in 2013-2014. For instance I wasn't much of a gamer but I was deep into stand-up comedy. SJWers like the fucking cunt pig Lindy West and her cult of losers destroyed stand-up comedy with the same feminism victimhood bullshit. Unfortunately they killed it and it's now dead forever but GG was just the biggest and victorious battle in the war, my famanons.

You fags are lucky you fought back and won and created this tidal wave. But there are many who weren't so lucky.

#GG didn't do shit. The journalistic reaction to it did all the work.