Did slavery benefit any white people other than the very rich?

Did slavery benefit any white people other than the very rich?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PFSqz4kvW-U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It certainly didn't benefit those Frenchmen in Haiti after the revolution there

Yes, the primary beneficiaries of slavery were actually the white working class. Slavery was the 17th century equivalent of mass incarceration. It prevented black crime and violence from destroying working class communities. This is why working class whites volunteered for the slave patrols which chased down runaways. It was the poor whites who were most at danger from violence at the hands of those runaways.

They weren't slave owners. The slave owners had already fled the Island. It was working class whites who worked their own land, and couldn't afford to give that land up, who stayed and were massacred. Slaver kept them safe from blacks while it lasted. It was the end of slavery which cost them their lives. One can only assume the French liberals who had freed the slaves in Haiti (prior to the rebellion) were proud of themselves.

umm...

well considering the amount produced by slaves and slaveholders, id say society as a whole benefitted from slavery.

>considering the amount produced by slaves and slaveholders,

Slavery was actually less productive than free white farmers working their own land. It's main benefit was that it made blacks productive rather than destructive.

>Slavery was done to help Africans be more productive in America

Sure, burger, sure

Understanding that the majority of US slaves came from conquered tribes, it certainly benefited those who got a ride away from Africa.
Here,at least, they could become valued property for plantation owners, rather than little more than disposable commodities for African warlords and their muslim business partners.

Someone had to be the cracker!

no

I never said "help". I said it "made" them more productive. As in "forced" them.

It benefited future lower class white people thanks to all the vibrant cultural enrichment a black minority brings to the lower rungs of society.

>not knowing it was the ruling blacks that sold rivals for a profit

read a book kid

What don't you understand about "DA JOOZ"
Dutch east India made lods of emone

>it made you the blacks productive
You mean all those indigenous blacks who were just stooping it up with a 40 and a blunt in the untamed wilds of America before the white man decided to motivative them to work? I always thought the slaves where imported from africa.

It's given talcum x a nice living

Eh? How does that even relate to my question? I never asked anything about who sold who, lel.

And yes, it also benefited the thousands of black and mixed race slaveowners that lived in the south before the civil war.

saved

That's like saying I would "benefit" from importing a lion from Africa and keeping it in a cage in my basement because, now that it's in a cage, it can't hurt me.

If slavery didn't exist, no one would have been in danger from runaway slaves.

Less than 2% of Americans owned slaves at the HEIGHT of slavery. Do you think that 2% were anything other than the very rich?

Blacks brought to America were originally freed after 4 - 7 years of work, per British indenturement laws. They were also given land and the seed and equipment to start a farm, just like the whites. Sadly, they would typically revert to African style subsistence farming, growing no more than they needed to feed themselves. This meant they contributed nothing to the overall economy of the colony once freed. Many would also turn to theft and banditry, making their overall impact decidedly negative.

nobody. we're stuck with niggers forever now

Slavery was a mistake. it was going to inevitably be less productive than paying someone a wage and telling them to fuckoff after their 12 hour shift instead of housing, feeding, and making sure the nigger you just bought didn't run away or storm your farm and murder you in your sleep.

They would all be ooga booga'ing in africa right now instead of being dead weight in the west.

Slavery installed a social basement that no white person, no matter how poor or hopeless, could fall below.

Not very many white people had slaves.

Blacks sold blacks to Jews.

This, unfortunately.

Cheap cotton products. That's all.

Good Stefan video on the subject here.

youtube.com/watch?v=PFSqz4kvW-U

The importation of black workers was necessary in the caribbean because tropical diseases killed too many whites for the colonies to be viable. Due to British anti-slavery laws which had been on the books since the 12th century, black workers were treated like white indentures, and freed after a term of service no longer than 7 years. They were also given "freedom dues", which consisted of seed, equipment, a years worth of food, and their own land to farm.

The British had no concept of race when they began importing blacks, and were surprised at their failure to assimilate. Slavery was implemented after black crime and violence became to difficult to manage otherwise. It didn't help that most non criminal blacks reverted to African style subsistence agriculture after they were freed, which contributed nothing to the colony's economy.

Were the colonies "necessary". No, therefore neither was slavery.

See my comment, re "lion in my basement."

The effort to spread western civilization was a good in and of itself. Plus the British had to keep up with the French and the Spanish, or Catholics would have ended up dominating the world. Imagine how fucked the world would be if the entire Americas were no better than Argentina.

>Imagine how fucked the world would be if the entire Americas were no better than Argentina.

Europe would still be white. American dominion over the west and its toxic cultural influence are largely at fault for the liberalisation of white nations. I don't have anything against Americans personally, you are a good people for the most part, but the world would be a much better place if your country had never existed.

Expedience is not necessity.

In any case, yours was a failure of logic.

Even if slavery was necessary, no one benefits from something that creates a danger they would otherwise not face.

Is it benefiting us now?