When will the Australia housing bubble burst Sup Forums?

When will the Australia housing bubble burst Sup Forums?

I'm getting tired of saving and saving while living with my parents in late 20s.

My grandparents and parents were already well established at my current age.

Other urls found in this thread:

zillow.com/homedetails/1413-S-2nd-St-Louisville-KY-40208/2099125065_zpid/
zillow.com/homedetails/118-Fontaine-Landing-Ct-Louisville-KY-40212/73462635_zpid/
zillow.com/homedetails/988-W-Outer-Dr-Oak-Ridge-TN-37830/42033929_zpid/
zillow.com/homedetails/2925-Chesapeake-Ave-Hampton-VA-23661/74401619_zpid/
rew.ca/properties/R2133438/2787-w-32nd-avenue-vancouver-bc
zillow.com/homedetails/2317-Beach-Blvd-Pascagoula-MS-39567/110405340_zpid/
abc.net.au/news/2017-01-23/tasmania-improves-economic-standing-in-state-of-states-report/8202344
themercury.com.au/realestate/rental-returns-rise-puts-hobart-at-no-1/news-story/036db08325a8f2d615c44f8925d6b7cc
realestate.com.au/news/where-are-people-migrating-to/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Meanwhile in America

>$215,000
>6 beds 2 baths 3,007 sqft

>$65,000 PRICE REDUCTION! Traditional and stately Old Louisville gem. The 1st floor Living Quarters has a professional grade kitchen with cherry cabinets and 6 burner Jenn-Air gas stove. Open Dining Room - Living Room with 10' ceiling heights flow into one another creating a great entertaining space. Working, wood burning fireplace in the Living Room. 1st Floor Master Bedroom with full bath in the hall. Second - third floors has a separate entry door and staircase from Foyer. Multiple mantels & stained glass windows. Many replacement windows with custom plantation shutters. Zoned heating and cooling. Backyard surrounded by privacy fence. 2 parking spots off alley and street parking available. Located less than 1 mile north of University of Louisville & on bus lines.

zillow.com/homedetails/1413-S-2nd-St-Louisville-KY-40208/2099125065_zpid/

>$192,000
>4 beds 3 baths 3,600 sqft

>Private 1 owner secluded w/breathtaking views on Shawnee Golf Course, overlooking the Ohio River. The house opens up to a huge great room w/fire place & 24ft ceilings w/skylights, from foyer stairs lead to spacious loft, overlooking great room. Main floor offers 3bdrm&2bathrms, master bath features large closet, w/double vanity & jacuzzi tub & large marble walk-in shower. Master bedroom features trey ceiling w/walkout french door to the large deck. The eat-in kitchen has bay window w/plenty of counter & cabinet space w/recessed lightening. Laundry rm offset from the kitchen. Steps from kitchen foyer lead to enormous partially finished walk-our basement w/fireplace, bathroom and additional bedroom

zillow.com/homedetails/118-Fontaine-Landing-Ct-Louisville-KY-40212/73462635_zpid/

>4 beds 3 baths 3,292 sqft
>$225,000

>This home was built for entertaining. Located on West Outer Drive in Oak Ridge, this large basement ranch offers 4 BR and 3 BA with the master on main. A spacious eat in kitchen includes all appliances with gas cooktop range, built in wall oven, refrigerator, dishwasher and loads of counter and cabinet space. The main family room is centered around a gas fireplace with beautiful views of the exterior deck and private wooded backyard. The trek deck is ideal for entertaining large groups, cookouts, and enjoying the privacy of nature in your backyard. Downstairs are two separate rec rooms. The Media Rm and components will remain. The Cafe' offers a second kitchen, wet bar, and 50's style booths that remain. Easily convert this area into a separate living quarters. Updated and move in ready.

zillow.com/homedetails/988-W-Outer-Dr-Oak-Ridge-TN-37830/42033929_zpid/

Just start building houses. If the bubble really is a bubble you'll get rich.

>5 beds 2 baths 3,519 sqft
>$292,000

>Colonial home/historic Olde Wythe. Water Views! Large, mirrored living rooms include 2 working f/places. Renovations include plumbing, roof, brick updates, granite in kitchen,Jenn Air grill, new refrigerator & stove, a wine refrigerator, granite in bathrooms, updated electrical fixtures & Windows.

>Colonial home/historic Olde Wythe. Water Views! Large, mirrored living rooms include 2 working f/places. Renovations include plumbing, roof, brick updates, granite in kitchen,Jenn Air grill, new refrigerator & stove, a wine refrigerator, granite in bathrooms, updated electrical fixtures & Windows.

zillow.com/homedetails/2925-Chesapeake-Ave-Hampton-VA-23661/74401619_zpid/

>jus bee urself XD

This is what 2.5 million get u in vancouver rew.ca/properties/R2133438/2787-w-32nd-avenue-vancouver-bc

>High housing prices
>Build houses
>Sell for high prices
>Get rich

Is that really so hard? If you can't make a ton of money doing it then there isn't really a bubble because there are insurmountable factors making the prices higher.

>5 beds 6 baths 4,408 sqft
>$875,000

> Your dream home, your dream location! Custom 5 bedroom home, great room with gas fireplace, 3 sets of French doors. Bonus room over garage with a 1/2 bath. Open kitchen with upscale appliances, wood floors downstairs, swimming pool, outdoor kitchen with cooking equipment. Abundant storage! Must see!

zillow.com/homedetails/2317-Beach-Blvd-Pascagoula-MS-39567/110405340_zpid/

My estimate is early 2020s. In America it was 2007. They had peak baby boom in 1947. So 60 years after. For us peak baby boom was 1961. Therefore ~2021.

In Australia its not the house .... its the location of the land.

You could build a 50 bedroom palace in Australia (Victoria) 2 hours from a major city for the price it will cost you to buy a 2 bedroom box in a inner city suburb.

Fuck this shit, I'm moving to the JewSA if the market doesn't collapse in 5 years.

Fucking stupid boomers with their 4 negatively geared investment properties.
Fuck gooks bringing their dirty commie money over here and inflating the bubble further.
Fuck the govenrment who won't open new land.
Fuck the small towns where houses are affordable but there is no jobs.

This country is fucked.

Stop letting in Indians and Chinks. Same thing is happening here in NYC. They park their stolen money here by buying condos/houses that it vacant 9 months out of the year

Indians and Chinks make up a shit load of our doctors now....

I remember going to Doctors and Hospitals as a kid for my asthma and everyone was white (80s,90s) Now all my doctors are Indians and Chinese.

It's like there's no more aussies or wogs becoming Doctors anymore.

Truly the promised land now Trump's in power. Studying abroad in the US next year for a semester. If things go well, wouldn't mind living in a red state one day.
What are the citizenship requirements?

Hey now, i'm 31 and still living with my parents.

no jobs, a bungalow is $1million.

majority of jobs taken by immigrants from China and Singapore.

Should have blue coloured instead of getting this STEM nonsense.

Start your own city then man where's the problem
Just get some of your buddy's together and start building

Make jobs in small towns.

like a whole bunch of chinks who got the money by exploiting their slave labour working jobs that our elites transferred to them.

Fucking high treason, eh?

>They park their stolen money here by buying condos/houses that it vacant 9 months out of the year
It's even worse here because you can get tax benefits through negative gearing by having property that's "on the rental market" but isn't being rented because the price is completely unreasonable. As a result it's in your interest to have property sitting there doing fuckall.

you can't, the only people who live in small towns now are old as the hills

there is legitimately nothing you can do in australia but work retail/hospitality unless you are fortunate enough to have a place in sydney or melbourne, you MIGHT be able to get an apprenticeship in a trade if you know the right people

It won't burst. Prices are outrageous because immigration-fueled population growth has no signs of slowing down. The only way to fix this shit is to ban non-citizens from owning property, massively reduce immigration, and seize properties that are believed to have been bought with corrupt money (i.e. Chinks with connections to the Communist Party).

Fat chance of that happening with the cuck art students and lawyers that infest our parliament.

Marry an American

Starting a business is easy, there are plenty of businesses that are owner operated. Work for yourself in a small town, eventually maybe you'll get big enough to hire other people, then you will be a part of the solution rather than a part of the problem.

Move to Tasmania, get a 3 bedroom house in Launceston for $160,000 to $250,000.

I think it's more to do with the boomers who profit out of the chinese money laundering, also the same people who make our laws. Doesn't Prepbull have like 16 negatively geared properties or something?

Either way you are right foriegn ownership needs to end, what kind of fucking cuck country allows foreigners to buy its land anyway

Location location location; I'm in Northcote Melbourne and the house I'm renting is literally falling down but is worth 1 million, meanwhile my friend in Townsville bought a two bedroom house for 200,000 - but Townsville is a shithole. Better off spending 400k on a sweet winnebago and living in it

No jobs.

Even the University is moving to try and save money. Launceston has real problems. Northern Tassie and NW even more.

Tasmania is beautiful! It's like Ireland 2.0

>Starting a business is easy

is that a joke

i guess you don't have all the red tape over there though, i see why you wouldn't understand

Tasmania is for retirement

It's easy to start but also easy to fail

Townsville has a diverse economy, and a lot of employment generators. Its the strongest NQld city by far post Mining boom.

There's plenty of red tape. Just follow the rules and work through it. I know businesses exist in Australia. Copy one of them, and do better than they do.

Plenty of jobs, the majority of them are shit kicker jobs though.

They need services

Pretty much.

Buying property there is a huge capital outlay for no return.
ROI = 0.

That's true, but it's weather is unbearable and the people are trash, I lived there for 4 years and I'll never get those years back

This return meme has to stop, interest and duties almost renders the profit non existent, assuming of course the market doesn't falter

I forgot to mention the house my friend bought for 200k was worth 300k two years ago, the market is slowing down considerably there, people are leaving

Holy shit, those prices are exceptional.
If you want housing for cheap, don't move to the city, though. In my neighborhood you would be lucky to get less than 1000/sqft. Expensive as fuck.

I agree with you

Also Launceston has alot of older homes, weatherboard or rendered Federation style home that are in need of repair, re wiring, etc etc etc.

Money Pits.

Good point, at this point Tasmania certainly feels like a good backup plan for old age though, apparently hot weather is better for joint pains though, weird to think about

I can't be angry at your optimistic attitude, I wish I shared it. It's refreshing to see especially here. I'll keep what you said in mind.

Aussies wil never know the feel of buying 50 acres of land and building your own house. They will never know what it feels like to make a manmade lake on your property. They will never know what it feels like to make a gun range and shoot whenever you want.

We used to know all of these feels pre-1996

I just realised all the aussies on this board are relaxed and unaggressive except in jest. This thread was a lovely way to spend the lunch break.

Starting a business here is nigh impossible especially in small town with no infrastructure.

You'd need about a minimum of 1 million to actually get off the ground & there is also a minimum wage of $17 you would have to pay any workers you hire + the tax rate is anywhere between 30-35%.

All the NEETs are still asleep

A dick in your ass would've also been a lovely way to spend your lunch break lol

I live in Launceston. Can't find a job. 18 and finished Year 12. Only people I know who have jobs got them through tier parents work, or their parents friends.
The Median home age would be around 75 years old in Launceston.

how "safe" is the nieghborhood?

And super annuation, and workcover, and insurances, and leverage.

I always laugh when foreigners lecture Aussies to start a business.

So don't hire people. Work for yourself.

What's this negative gearing thing?

Here in Shepparton you can get a decent house for as low as $150,000.

But Shep is a shithole and there's no jobs here, so swings and roundabouts.

It's different this time! Real estate prices are here to stay according to analysts!

That is how it is everywhere.
>location
>location
>location

In America you can start a chickfi li for just a few grand if they like you

Aussie slang for taking off all your clothes

>What are the citizenship requirements?

Enter the green card lottery
Green cards are given out by region, and oceania has a smallish population so you actually have a good chance at getting one

Most rewiring from that time happens about 30 years. You'll know if its never happened at all because the wires won't be PVC but material covered.

Launceston has no jobs. Still Queenstown is even worse.
I used to own a place i inherinted in Launcestion up in Invermay. cost me a fortune to try and keep especially after the floods

You still need to make the same payments as a self employer its mandatory. The worksafe regulations and super are cancer to profit here.

fuck off we're full

Don't join a discussion about Australia if you're ignorant aboutAustralia.

>When will the Australia housing bubble burst Sup Forums?

Melbournes population is expected to double by 2040
Don't hold your breath

>tfw used to live by 21st & Main st
>probably a 3 million house by now

Revel in pity and live with your parents for the rest of your life. See if I care.

Lets be honest if we did that there would be no Australians here either

Cant be that bad
Its close to the university and they put money into resorting it

Even most Australians don't know what is is. In a nutshell it's a tax deduction for any net loss in income on an investment property

So it's basically welfare for rich property tycoons

>Melbournes population is expected to double by 2040
I've been reading some urban planning reports saying the growth may be suffocated by lack of transport and logistics.
Melbourne traffic is already choking growth and is over capacity, it needs major infrastructure renewal to continue its current growth.
Pfr Buxton has written extensively about this.

My parents have said they're considering buying my siblings and I one or two BR apartments. Because they feel bad because they can't afford to buy us all a home like their parents did for them em back in the day. They can only really afford to buy us a $300k apartment each.

You can offset tax with the losses you make on an investment rental property. The idea is that it would make investing a little safer and help with rent prices, given that if going rent prices are lower than what is profitable for you then negative gearing makes up the difference. In practice a lot of these negatively geared properties aren't truly on the rental market; I don't know the exact conditions to be eligible for the tax write-off, but I think you can pretty much exploit it by doing the bare minimum of advertising and asking an unreasonable price.

Other countries do it too, but Australia pays out a shitton more for it such that it's less of a safety net and more just outright profitable if you're able to leverage it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
You clearly have no idea how small the small towns in Australia are.
Also they're filled with useless old farts.

You can do all of those things with relative ease in rural areas. It's all fine posting cheap properties in the UA, but don't think we don't know they're in shitty, isolated, small towns with poor employment prospects.

I can buy amazing houses in beautiful surroundings in towns less than two hours from Melbourne for the price of a shitty one bedroom close to the city, but there are no jobs there and they're depreciating assets.

There's a reason most of those US ads have price reduced on most of them.

Good point.

I agree it's already choking

It's not going to stop people moving here though

>When will the Australia housing bubble burst Sup Forums?
it won't.... and here's the red suppository:

>the chinks are collapsing
>all chinks who can afford it, have a foreign passport
>$2.5mil (waiting list) / $5mil (instant approval) "special foreign investment visa = chump change for millions of cashed-up chinks
>australia is seen as a literal utopia -- in terms of weather, food, politics, society...
>oz politicians are utter cuck's to renmenbi (((donation$))), even more so now, with the rise of "alternative" parties
>chinks have been buying up homes in oz for over two decades (anecdote: street of multi-million-dollar homes in Camberwell (VIC), bought up by "asian buyers" and left vacant; property managing chink says she had "30 homes")
>when burgerville either implodes or--more likely--projects its malaise towards Iran -- issuing from there, China -- the world economy will be sent into a shit spiral
>oz is a self-sufficient nation (now -- as distinct from c. WW2), and so can withstand global collapse
>Pine Gap will make oz a no.1 protectorate for burgers (NB: they're literally nuke-blind without it)
>chinks won't bomb oz because it will be their haven
>chinks sighted oz centuries before the poms, dutch, french or anyone (see: invention of rudders / "treasure fleets" / Zhang He)

So, in summation:
oz home prices will never fall, because they're seen as premium GLOBAL realty, thus will forever (into our living future) increase in value.

Kek, I live in small town and so many people take meth and waste their money on slot machines because there aren't enough jobs. And this place has about 50,000 people in it. Imagine what even smaller towns are like.

You in one of those towns that they tried out that prepaid Centrelink card thing or whatever its called?

you have to stop the kikes and gooks from buying all of the houses and flipping them.
use an axe.

Well if we just made transport more efficient, we wouldn't need so many people living in Sydney and Melbourne.

>>chinks sighted oz centuries before the poms, dutch, french or anyone (see: invention of rudders / "treasure fleets" / Zhang He)

>...so, will use this to justify their annexation of the nation -- as they're doing with HK, Taiwan, Sengkaku / Daiyou, South China Sea...

Increase speed limits!
110 on the freeway is supid

Self driving cars

Yeah, Shepparton in Northern Victoria. Apparently people still find a way buy cigarettes and alcohol with those cards kek.

Now I'm no politician but it seems to me that rather than wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars on this stupid card thing you could instead create more jobs. Because correct me if I'm wrong, lets say the cards did work and now nobody smokes, drinks, gambles or does drugs...they're still all on Centrelink and there still aren't any jobs.

>using brawn
>where a brain is required
>making the same mistakes ad infinitum

the definition of insanity... and so on

>rape the shit out of small towns by destroying jobs in traditional areas
>massive cost of living in the cities makes it impossible for people to move
>you deserve to be punished for poverty

I heard of a guy who supposedly went and did grocery shopping for his dealer with one of those cards in return for his ice. Clever cunts.

>create more jobs may may

The social and financial cost of restricting access to vices is far cheaper than the current cost.

I went to have a look at some of the prices in Tokyo since it's ridiculously densely populated.

>About $450K AUD can get you a townhouse in a reasonable area in Shibuya, which is a desirable enough place to live and land is incredibly scarce
>Get a bit further out and prices drop significantly
>A similar townhouse in my suburb in Brisbane runs you at least $400k AUD, where you have the privilege of living with the local demographics of dindus and the mentally ill, and your boomer neighbors will have a backyard as big as the alotment you share with 3 or 4 other townhouses
How the fuck do you manage to fuck the housing market this hard

It doesn't work when you say it.

Japan's population is declining

Pretty much. Fucktard Abbott almost closed SPC-Adrmona, which is the biggest employer in this region.

Also this whole Work for the Dole idiocy is just adding to the unemployment problem. Make no mistake, businesses and the government benefits when a section of the community is unemployed.

Yeah I know I know but it just seems like they threw money at the problem hoping it would go away rather than actually making an effort to solve it.

The work for the dole thing doesn't make any sense to me either.

They've got a position available and are willing to have someone work for nothing...but not actually just hire them so they have a proper job.

abc.net.au/news/2017-01-23/tasmania-improves-economic-standing-in-state-of-states-report/8202344
"young people are starting to return to Tasmania, with housing affordability boosting the population and driving economic growth." and ""More people are coming to the state and fewer are leaving which creates growth in terms of housing finance and the job market — so it provides momentum to the economy,"

themercury.com.au/realestate/rental-returns-rise-puts-hobart-at-no-1/news-story/036db08325a8f2d615c44f8925d6b7cc
It Actually has the highest rental yields in the country.

realestate.com.au/news/where-are-people-migrating-to/
"South East Tasmania, which includes the Derwent Valley, Central Highlands and Triabunna, was the region with the most people moving in with a net gain of 28%."

The reality is, the housing market in the Big Three East Coast cities, particularly Melbourne and Sydney is shithouse if you are in your 20s to early 30s and only a low to avearage income earner.

If you want a good lifestyle and nice place to live, move away from the city or face living in a shoebox house/apartment.

As for the links above, there are already young people doing exactly that. Just not in droves, yet. I won't be surprised if the some of the "big news" stories in the next 10 years are an amplification of what those links above are saying. Personally it's my plan to move to Tasmania later this year myself.

The housing market simply will not give off any harsh corrections resulting in any serious slowdown or reversal. It will only keep rising. There is already growth is some regional areas. This trend will only continue.

Main street is Vancouver Manhattan