I honestly believe that simulation theory has a lot of traction. What does Sup Forums think?

I honestly believe that simulation theory has a lot of traction. What does Sup Forums think?

Alex and Joe both agree on it so I'm inclined to agree

>It's all a simulation

What does that change? Shall we all commit suicide then, or just lay in bed until we die? What exactly does the fact that we are in a simulation change?

What happens when our computing power reaches the level that created our simulation in the first place?

We prestige.

It means we can create our own simulation and escape this one

I don't even care

simulation theory or not, it doesn't change my life

Ok that's pretty fucking neato actually.

Quantum computers?

If I cant do matrix jumps and move really fast, I dont gve a SHITS!@

Not possible.

I think the matrix really made you think.

It's bullshit because there is no one hacking or cheating.

In a simulation people can violate the rules and do shit like fly or walk through walls.

maybe the hackers appear to us as ghosts

I dont understand the implications?

What kind of bullshit is this? Who's says there's any hackers??

Why don't you do the research then?

Kek

It's a little more complex than that

>what are jews

You can hack it through Kabbalah

Information processing != consciousness. Consciousness == information processing and understanding. Why are people so stupid? This is so obvious. I'm beginning to suspect people who believe this shit aren't actually alive or conscious.

Is there anything about it that's falsifiable?

so 9/11 was really all just a simulation?

Manufacturered consciousness is the logical end of incremental advances in AI and computing.

fucking stupid like every other unverifiable theory

for all you, literally you reading this, know, you are having a dream, or having your mind controlled by a demon, but if you cant prove it it's meaningless to speculate

I feel an innate but mild hostility towards the idea, but I think that has less to do with the idea itself and the type of person I associate it. The "whoa dude mind blown 420 I love Donnie Darko and Fight Club" type pseudo-intellectual that annoyed the hell out of you in high school and college.

Whether or not it's a simulation is totally inconsequential, in my opinion, since the lessons and challenges we seem to face are the same trials that the hypothetical hyper-advanced civilization who "created" us would have had to overcome to reach the level necessary to be technologically advanced enough to do so in the first place.

That said, I do not think it's a simulation, since the technological capacity required to create such a simulation has as its prerequisite a technological and spiritual advancement level of advancement that does not lend itself towards such behavior. It's the same concept behind extremely well-trained fighters exercising principles of discipline, honor, and respect that preclude unethical or damaging behavior in the first place.

That decision of how to use immense power is the crux of the dichotomy between "grey" alien forces who tend to represent ruthless technological fusion with some kind of organic consciousness for the sole purpose of dominion and control, while on the other hand "light" pleiadian forces venerate individual species empowerment through spiritual advancement on their own, largely.

Alex covered this in his Joe Rogan podcast, essentially saying that elites on Earth wish to create a type of civilization that requires leaving Earth a poisoned rock as they achieve technological fusion to demigodhood. Abandoning the bulk of civilization of course is a spiritual fork we could take but it's not without consequences.

Double slit experiment. We're in a simulation.

>Double slit experiment
that's actually pretty mind blowing...

You're thinking about it as if people building such a simulation wouldn't sanitize any input given to machine
Teorically, a decentralized simulation pro-capite would make much more sense than "WE WUZ MATRIX AND SHIET" that many have come up with
While it would a nightmare of consistency checks, having each one have its own small simulation and only come in contact with others when necessary would make much more sense in scalability, so instead of having to simulate wathever million people in the same persistent world, you'd have several hundred thousands "shards" and otherwise single-entity shards that only rarely connect to a common shard, and all the modifications made to the persistent world is only consistent within that shard.

But this is just me stroking my huge sci-fi boner, we probably don't live in a simulation as even if you had "background and least effort" simulations priorities over in places with no "clients" that's still an incredible amount of processing power necessary, true universe simulation is a HUGE superexponential problem

the level of simulation for our universe would be well below "walls"
this is also a masturbatory topic for kooks like wolfram

It's bullshit in some ways but not in others. Quanta been the 1 and void being the 0's makes sense.

2-D 3-D Universe does not. Especially since we are actually 4 Dimensional.

>Believe something that is impossible to prove one way or another because you're scared of dying after living a meaningless life

Sounds like you atheist faggos should have stuck to God

It's basically a MMORPG

Satan is the big boss

Sure. Information processing can't be equal to consciousness because "information" is contingent on consciousness. Two things can't be equal if one is contingent on the other.
Matter can only produce emergent properties. "Emergent properties" only exist subjectively, only as an idea. The mind exists objectively. Thus the mind isn't an emergent property. Thus the mind can't be produced by matter. Thus the mind is immaterial. Computers can't produce immaterial things. Thus computers can't produce minds.

The only people who don't understand this are either not conscious themselves, extremely retarded, or atheists who believe this only because it has to be possible if God doesn't exist.

>Whether or not it's a simulation is totally inconsequential
This. So why even pursue it? Seems like a sideshow or distraction..

>(((simulation theory)))

It's about as stupid an idea as people believing themselves to be clockwork back in the days when that'd just been invented.

>Thus the mind can't be produced by matter
Think I'd disagree with you there, the mind literally is a product of the matter that makes up one's brain.

>Implying that I just spent 4h jumping into a wall for nothing
Try better next time. There are glitches here and I'm out to find them

How could one simulate the entire universe? wouldn't you need a computer AT LEAST the size of the universe to do so? To me, it just doesn't seem feasible.

>How could one simulate the entire universe?
you don't. i think that the double split experiment shows that reality doesn't actually exist until you measure it

Then we create our simulation and the cycle begins again

Who was Jesus?
What are witches
Why do you think there are rules against doing that shit?

Quantum eraser phenomena proves we are in a simulation

It's our way of understanding the world since our lives are so consumed by techonology and we can easily escape reality. When life was harsher for the average Joe there doubt that reality was reality.

Life is a game because we have to navigate through systems of society and beuarcracy, but it becomes clear that it's all real once you strip all that away.

>Who was Jesus?
hardware failure that resulted in historical coverup
>What are witches
never existed, actually completely natural human nature at work
>Why do you think there are rules against doing that shit?
There aren't, inputs have a very strict range. Lightspeed in one of the few constant that are put in place to limit parts of the system

It means the Trump expansion pack might be lit as fuck

>as far as you know