US Military/ Enlistment Thread

There was a recent thread talking about enlisting because of the intense surge in patriotism under the Trump presidency, though I want to keep it going because it was informative...and I have questions too.

>23
>Associates degree
>hoping to join the navy

I want to come out of my 4 years learning something useful. At the recruiter's office I scored an 89 on the practice ASVAB and told the recruiter that I was looking to learn to be a welder in the Navy.
>wat do?

Also:
>is there drug testing upon enlistment?
>what sort of disqualifications are there?
>post-military career options?

All advice and personal anecdotes are appreciated as we all want to make the right decisions in serving our country.

Other urls found in this thread:

uscis.gov/news/fact-sheets/naturalization-through-military-service-fact-sheet
cbp.gov/careers/prepare-apply
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to join the army to help Trump spread his empire but Im just a leaf, can I anything do besides killing myself or going postal ?

>me too

Am I fucked because of allergies and asthma? Allergic to everything I've been tested for with asthma resulting from the inflammation.

God damn it mummy I know you had too many kids and wanted to save your tits but why did you have to feed me formula and not let me eat dirt.

you could start ethnically cleansing Toronto and Vancouver for us seeing as China is looking to be our next great bout.
I said I had childhood asthma and the recruiter said keep it on the hush hush. I don't know how to get around your allergy issue.

1. Drive down to the states.
2. Find recruiting office.
3. Enlist.
4. Become US citizen during basic training.
5. Many such, (happy), cases.

Immunotherapy now. Enlist in a few months/a year, asthma free.

Holy Shit just like that?!?! - i didnt think new american couldn't join

>>is there drug testing upon enlistment?
Yes, at MEPS
>>what sort of disqualifications are there?
Physical deformities. Mental health conditions in the present or past. Certain felonies. Tons of stuff if you're trying to get a TS clearance.
>>post-military career options?
Depends on your job. Plenty for a welder I imagine.

Interesting..

>is there drug testing upon enlistment?
Drug test occurs the first time they send you to MEPS, which isn't right away. You have to do some paperwork first.
>what sort of disqualifications are there?
Mostly medical. Criminal backgrounds also hurt, enough that with current lack of demand they essentially DQ you.
>post-military career options?
Depends on field. Air Force > Navy > Army > Marines, dependent on specific job and training in each branch, as far as post-military careers go.

I'm looking forward to serving with this new blood enlisting because of Trump. Hail Victory brothers.

Join the Military OP.

You should be proud to protect the great nation of Israel.

>I said I had childhood asthma
Only well-documented medical conditions matter. Don't list anything else.

As an officer, (which you should do because of your degree), you won't be doing a lot of welding. Mostly training and paperwork.

Enlist non-officer candidate, go up to E-5 or 6, then bootstrap to officer training. This way you learn the trade 1st.

for srs?

Our military accepts all who take the oath. Fast-track to citizenship.

>As an officer, (which you should do because of your degree)
He only has an associates, meaning he can currently only make NCO.

Yes, yessss, good goyim fight and die for Israel.

Had an involuntary admission to the medical ward when I was underage. I'll be inquiring from the hospital if that paperwork is still around. It was under a different insurance company at the time.
thanks for the advice
Learning something is my first priority, a career will come with that. Maybe even finish up my degree when I have the time.

Then there's this guy who never knew the honor of serving a nation. Probably serve pizzas, right?

I have bled on our flag to keep the stripes red. It's never political. It IS about teamwork, and your bother next to you, whatever their ethnicity, religion, or creed.

Grow up, kid. This is YOUR time.

Thinking of joining the Navy as a nuke, am a 24 yo college drop out NEET
Have lost like 100lbs and started working out
Thoughts?

uscis.gov/news/fact-sheets/naturalization-through-military-service-fact-sheet

Former navy here,if you are reasonable fit give SO, SWCC, or EOD a shot, getting in is still easy as shit, the physical test is only slightly worse but even someone in moderate shape would have no problem getting in, they treat you a little worse in RTC, but as long as you just do what you are told and put your effort in you will be ok, if you choose SO know that your chances of making it are slim unless you really really want it, SWCC and EOD are pretty cool dudes too. Any specific questions about the enlistment process or RTC? It's been a while since i was in, about 10 years but I'll answer what I can.

I gonna need some sort of proof
>Colombian living in USA
>wanting to join the army or airforce since i was a kid
>you can't unless you're a citizen or permanent resident
How can i join? I will try anything possible!

Do they interrogate you pretty bad in MEPs?

Only thing I'm worried about.

Airforce.

I just got 172 on my GT

applying to become an inquisitor for the emperor of man

Click the link above. They have phone numbers and emails there to help people just like you. Hell, that link even has live chat!

lol enjoy dying in a war with China

thanks for info fampai

>many happy cases

>dying in a war with China
that wont.. ahh BANTZ BANTZ BATNZ AYE YA CUNT?

It wasn't terrible but they ask a lot of questions, but I was going for a rating that needed clearance, I think it's not so bad if you chose a normal rate. What are you looking to do in and out of the Navy? I only stuck around for one contract, I was in for the excitement and to be able to have done my part, still helped me score a pretty awesome job without it being remotely related, but depending on what you wanna do there are some jobs that would lead to great paying jobs out of the navy if you don't plan on sticking it out the full time

I'm 30

I've already done my 8 years of service. Retired E5. Army. Served under the worst administration ever, the Obama administration. Don't really have any drive to go back in even if it will be under a WAY better Commander in Cheif.

What should I do? I'm practically semi retired right now, made a lot of use of government programs during my time in the Military, also I have a great Veterans Roth IRA type of thing

But I still want to MAGA

what do?

Stay in your basement, kid. The grown ups are talking.

border patrol nigger

cbp.gov/careers/prepare-apply

Defending Israel is not a political issue!

People just don't understand the honor of destabilizing middle eastern countries that threaten Israels security!

Noted. Anything else? Anything that can utilize my 8 years of 35M?

Yes there is a drug test, probably before they ever send you to MEPS for processing. You get a full physical and UA there.

There are several disqualifying medical conditions such as color blindness, asthma, neurological disorders, poor hearing, hemorrhoids, etc. Keep in mind that they don't have access to preexisting medical files so they only know as much as you tell them or otherwise whats apparent from the physical.

Weldings a good career m8. Should have some fair opportunities after coming out. That said I don't think the navy guaranties you shit as far as MOS. Been awhile since I enlisted but I thought only Army and Marines let you 100% pick your job.

Stay in your bedroom, then. Live a life of never knowing this:
“For those who fight for it life has a flavor the sheltered will never know”

-Teddy Roosevelt

FBI is good now, CIA will be great again, but srsly I think Border Patrol or Coast Guard are best. National Guard at very least.
Wall and the Gulf of Mexico are top priority.

Thanks user!
It will make me proud of serving this country

If you don't know what the fuck you want to do, don't join.
Otherwise you are wasting mine and everyone else's time.

Any alphabet agency would probably be a good direction to look in. FBI seems the most based of them though

>111456420

and ICE ICE BABY

The flavor of circumcised cock.

Take the oath.
Live the oath.

This is from the Nuclear Propulsion pamphlet they gave me. Get to studying.
Recruiter mentioned I may not qualify for SO. I had mentioned that I wasn't necessarily considering an position where I would be in a.hot zone. I'm a civilian though so I have no idea what I'm getting into anyway. If I need pick up a rifle and defend my fellow man, I'll do it for my country.
I'll give it more thought. EOD sounds thrilling.

If I've been prescribed ADHD meds am I disqualified from joining?

You can pick your rate when enlisting in the navy, if you chose a rate that uses a Challenge Contract as they were called when I enlisted, it's impotant to know if you fail at them and many people do you will get reclassed into whatever the needs of the navy are at the time.

Amen brother!
I will take the oath and wear the freedom flag with honor

Theres plenty of folks who come to the US on green card/visa/whatever and end up joining the military in return for citizenship. Its usually part way through basic/boot trains that they become full naturalized citizens.

Had one dude who came up to US from south america to compete as a boxer, ran out of money, and wound up joining the army to get back on his feet. Shit works mate.

Not that there's anything wrong with that?

You do what you want. Philosophize til you're blue in the face. Take your political high road away from danger. I chose to rush into it, and...

It has made all the difference.

yes.

I just helped a leaf do it yesterday.

Welcome to murica. 9mm is a meme, AK-47 is the best for your 2nd Amendment bux. Vote right wing.

The EOD guys where some of the coolest people I have ever worked with, and balls bigger than mountains, could help you out in the civy world when you come out as a bomb squad tech or whatever, if you decide to leave. The physical requirements in training for EOD are very high so if you decide to go that route work your ass off before you go.

USMC 0311 for 4 years doesn't sound too bad, right?

>20 years old join the marines
>all paperwork filled out
>meps next week
>recruiter tells me "you cant go to meps we have to de a preval on your leg for that car accident"
>hospital tells me to fuck off up to a month waiting for paperwork
>now sitting here thinking....should i have listened to my recruiter and lied about my adhd is this kek giving me a second chance

I was diagnosed with adhd in elementary school and took the pills maybe into 6th grade no farther. You cannot tell i have adhd i am not a sperglord

30 year old NEET with no direction in life. How much of a waste of time would it be to try to join and do my part to MAGA?

Pretty solid choice all around, for your later career as well.

Yes there is drug testing. Only solid disqualifications are major medical conditions that they know about, as far as I know.

25Q in the Army here, and I'm definitely reenlisting.

I'm currently cleaning out my system. Healthy, just gotta sweat it out. Perfectly high functioning member of society.
Don't think this will be a career for me. Want to serve my country and be comfortable coming out of it.
The main one I respect. Studied Criminology, Sociology, and Psychology. Family and colleagues already say I should try for it.
Don't be a slouch, got it. I take too much pride in myself to fail if I do something like that. Working my hardest.
Law enforcement, or working within has always been on my mind.

You can still get in, I think you need an age waiver at 30 could be wrong, as long as you pick a job in need a recruiter will be able to help you get in though, it's life changing for the better, I was kind of a degenerate before going in, it really got my shit together and I've kept it together quite well after leaving the navy

Range officer/work in the armory.

Best job in the military. You get to be bossy, (ready on the left, ready on the right, the line is ready. FIRE!).

Yell at young people, (satisfying). Play with guns. Work on guns with armorers. Learn bedding barrels, site and scope trueing, trigger break weights, etc.

Go belly-down with hardcore 1000 yard shooters n looters.

Get out, open or work in a gun shop.

HOO-WAH!

That's how I rolled.

I want to thank everyone participating in this thread, and to all the active servicemen and veterans who are taking the time to answer questions.
My grandfather served as Marine in Korea and was caught up in the trap at the Chosin Reservoir. He has had an incredible life and is the man that I have looked up to.

you still need a green card.

This is complete bullshit.

You need a green card to enlist. You begin process to become a US citizen after basic. usually takes 2-3 months

How much is your honor worth?

If it's just a word to you, don't bother. If in your heart, you're righteous and have always been a good guy...

DO it. It will only improve you.

See if you can become a CTN, the school is hard but you will have decent advancement, and good options when you get out of the navy.

Nuke school is really tough, lots of suicides.

I PERSONALLY know 6 guys, (and one girl), from Canada and Mexico who literally came to the US, walked into a recruiter, and joined.

If you are willing to take whatever career they need, recruiters can make it happen.

At about what age did your childhood asthma stop, out of curiosity? I hope I kick mine real fucking soon.

Toronto is doomed fampai, at least the city part of toronto. just nuke it. Went there last summer and it was basically a lottery of races, niggers and gooks are literally tied with the amount of white people you encounter, then a weird blend of indians, arabs and other shitskins.

Are you serious? This is literally illegal. I would do this in an instant but I simply am yet to find information to support your claim.

don they ask if you are a permanent resident, where you're living etc?

give me source to back your claim

Seriously, guys. Immunology for your asthma trigger. I grew up being allergic to dust mites and dust mite feces, but no longer.

I hated always needing a fuckin inhaler.

Did you read the goddamn link, abo? Jeesus.....

MAVNI program?

War is for schmucks

Then there's this guy who never knew the honor of serving a nation. Probably serve pizzas, right?

I have bled on our flag to keep the stripes red. It's never political. It IS about teamwork, and your bother next to you, whatever their ethnicity, religion, or creed.

Grow up, kid. This is YOUR time.

ive read it. i already know all of this.

this is for people already enlisted

Haha, is there a drug test?

Your gonna piss in a bottle, take a breathalyzer test and have your blood drawn at MEPS in a single day. Expect more tests while your in aswell, people piss hot and get booted out.

What use does an economics degree with an emphasis on mathematical analysis have in the military? Want to join but don't want to let my mathematical knowledge to go to waste

Lol this is great!

How old were you when you lost it user?

meps physical on Friday, looking for army 18x contract, 25, 98 on asvab 134 gt score, 60 college credits

just applied to be an electrician in the national guard

hope I get in

I'm looking to join the Navy for a trade that carries over to the civilian sector. If I get out and can't get hired, I'll just go to vocational school.
Is this a bad idea?

meat shields get preferred treatment

I did four years in the navy. Don't fall for the "navy school is basically college" meme. For the most part, your navy training is pretty worthless on the outside unless you start working for a conctractor (and those jobs are so clogged up with fat ass retired chiefs.) the only reason I would suggest joining us for the GI bill. I graduated with my bachelor's with zero debt.

but don't just join for no reason. I spent a lot of fucking time at sea and a lot of sleepless nights up on watch and feeling miserable. It's not an easy gig (unless you're a girl who gets pregnant or breaks her leg every month then it's easy.)

oh and unless you feel like hanging yourself, don't be a nuke. those dudes work non-stop and when the boat has a day off, they're in the plant doing drills. there's a reason they give them giant bonuses and it's because no one wants to stay in.

So, they become citizens during basic training, right? How did they get to basic training as non-citizens? They enlisted as non-citizens.

Go buy a plane ticket, Dundee. Come visit me. I'll draw you a map to the recruiter. Hell, I'll go with you and hold your hand.

Just stop hiding behind your monitor, and enlist.

join border patrol for the fun of it

What about when an inspection rolls through and they bust out the white gloves to finger fuck every weapon?

Or did you just woo shoo all that shit downstream to the rest of the company?

they become naturalized during boot camp. my roommate was straight up from Croatia. Joined the navy on vacation in the states. pretty weird if you ask me, but hey if they're willing to serve Israel, why turn them away?

your life is a waste of time

just do it

Umm...I did my job? Well. Everything was spotless when I was running the show, so I never worried.

Good on you mate but keep in mind that washing out of 18x means your ass gets a seat on the "Needs of the army' rollercoaster. Don't quit you tawdry fuck.

Can you function without them? How long have you been taking them and are you over 21?

pls respond

>tfw Diabetic

I asked an fbibro how hard it was to get his job, he said there were over 10000 applicants 7.5k were overqualified. If you seriously think you can get on with an alphabet agency you are wrong.

Depends on the kind of shit you like. But yeah, there's tons of stuff in the Navy that transfer. What're you interested in?

not a reliable plan, to be honest. I'm not saying it can't happen, but odds are you will need a college degree (hello GI bill) to really make your navy experience attractive. My navy experience was a great bullet point for my resumé, but the degree was crucial. People do love military experience during the hiring process though, just don't rely solely on that (lifers sometimes get away with it because they have that "upper management" experience)

lol kek, that's the mosque shooter

to my understanding, they'll be more than happy pay for schooling after you put your time in.