What's wrong with having a single global currency?

What's wrong with having a single global currency?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimum_currency_area
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's wrong with having a single global government?

inherently, in and of itself, nothing.

no single entity can govern the entirety of Earth

How's that going to work exactly?

Kikes would run it

>Have global currency.
>Everyone exchanges their national buck for IC
>3rd world prints trillions of IC bills.
>IC is now worth less than the biaxially oriented polypropylene it's printed on.
>World economy collapses.

The way the countries in the EU exchanged their currencies for the Euro except on a global scale.

And why couldn't that happen now with USD or EUR or any other major currency?

>its called bitcoin.

It could, but having control over your own nations currency creates an accountability for the government.

Some third world dictator is not going to care what voters in the US do once their economy tanks from hyper inflation, but printing money accepted globally could create a temporary boom for himself and worst case scenario is: his country is just as poor as it was before hand.

Zimbabwe.

Joos, it would have to either be a commodity based currency which they own a lot or crypto currency which they will never allow to go mainstream

you have no basic understanding of what currency is and how it works if you have to ask such questions

Who determines it's worth?

Who determines who prints it?

>gold
>bitcoin
>food
really got my noggin joggin'

Wanna bet? You take away peoples freedoms and its very easy.

I'm sure you can (((figure it out on your own)))).

Not having a single global fiscal policy. Now gtfo.

It's hard to run up crazy amounts of debt or inflate yourself out of debt on the gold standard.

If Germany and Greece sharing a currency causes problems, imagine how many problems will be caused when western Europe shares a currency with sub Saharan Africa.

what if its digital and they have a system to watch current ips printing the currency.

Who controls a single, global currency?

This is the correct answer.

THIS OP
Country's use their central bank to prop up or devalue their currency and control inflation. All countries would sacrifice this ability for no reason whatsoever.
However, in 100-200 years when every country has the same general standard of living and economies are fully intigrated, one currency would be okay I guess.

>It's hard to run up crazy amounts of debt or inflate yourself out of debt on the gold standa
It's also hard to increase available capital during a recession because Hurr durr mine more quickly!
Gold standard people don't understand how fiscal policy works at all. Sad!

>what's wrong with letting The Jews have a monopoly?

We already have that. It's called gold and it can be used pretty much anywhere. If you're talking about fiat currency, please read the article below.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimum_currency_area

Global power outage or EMP would destroy our economy or did you not watch Fight Club? (Builds up credit card debt, hatches plan to destroy the buildings that hold the debt info)

your right on that one i supposed.

too many diverse opinions at this point in time.
see : USA/Canada/Soviet Union ... regions are too large and contain too many diverse people.
Balkanization is the only solution.
In the future, when people mix a bit more, they will get along better. A world gov't might work 8,000 years from now when only one race exists

I don't know but you just inspired me to educate myself

>because there is no safety net if things wrong.

Don't forget we need a law that none of America's children can ever default on the student loans they need in order to get their daily dose of Jewish indoctrination!

Oy vey goyim!

You already know the answer to this.

Not only would the world economy have no foundation to stand on, it will allow for the spread of misuse of the commodity.

Simplicity in regards to economics is the best path, that is why the most successful economies don't share a similar currency and the commodity is agreed upon when doing transcontinental trading.

USA and Canada have been extremely stable for most of our existence. fuck off retard

That doesn't work today. All financial data is kept on multiple locations and backed up many times over. Global power outage can't happen because we're not all part of the same power grid, but even if it did it wouldn't work. Important server halls have UPS devices and diesel generators, if needed they could go on without electricity almost indefinitely.

Global EMP attacks aren't feasible (there aren't enough nukes), but even if they were it wouldn't work. Many server halls, such as underground server halls, are impervious to EMP attacks. Backups are routinely made on tape, and these will be kept in storage facilities built to protect the tapes from electromagnetic radiation.

And IKEA would never sell cucksheds.

Temporary measures, boss.

Ask Greece.