Hey Sup Forums why isn't taxation theft again?

Hey Sup Forums why isn't taxation theft again?

because muh goverment muh social contract

What social contract?

because noone forces you to stay in this country

It is

You live because your government wants you to live. The government is the biggest warlord in your area(and as all governments - it came to power on a more or less free market competition of governments) and it will rape you if you resist so you don't do this.

My point.

Taxation is theft.

So what you're saying is that taxation is theft And that they get away with it because they will use violence against me if I don't pay?
Really makes me think.

It is theft but there's literally nothing you can do about it. You either pay or get wrecked. If you don't want to pay taxes amass some wealth, hire mercenaries and establish yourself as a warlord somewhere in 3rd world, where well-organised governments can't reach you.

It's not theft because it comes from representatives that The people voted on to provide services the people require.

Taxation without representation is theft, revolutionary wars are fought over it

So because other people voted to tax me it is not theft?

>So because other people voted to tax me it is not theft?
Exactly. Your elected officials make that assessment. You voted for the social services that taxes provide.

Quit being a contrary fuckwad.

As a US citizen you have the right to vote for a representative who is against taxes. You have the right to organize, speak openly, and run for office.

If you choose not to exercise these rights, or if you find you can not gather enough support then you have the right to suck it up faggot.

So how is it not theft? I did not vote for taxation. Others around me did.

So regardless of my "rights" it is still theft.

I guess because you benefit from roads, schools, hospitals, the EPA, the Department of Energy, the safety from the military, and all those other government services, if not directly, then by living in the relatively stable and modern society that they foster.

Because you don't own the right to live within the borders of your country, namely you don't own the air you breathe. That's the state's property.

muh roads

If I force you to pay for a service you don't want I'm still taking from you against your will.

Authority ceases to be authority when violence comes into play.

I agree, but my state does says that I do have a right to live in my country by birth.

It's called a majority and not consensus for a reason.

What do you Sup Forumsacks suggest as an alternative? The government needs money, you know that.

This is a serious question, I'm not pro-taxation nor anti-taxation.

You can live in jail.

Ah I see, so we all agree that taxation is theft.

You don't use roads?

>invade other countries, take their gold and sell their women

I do use roads, and it's a service I'd happily fund if they offered it to me as a standalone service not packaged with paying for abortions, foreign wars, and public schools.

Maybe the government could offer services like infrastructure building, water treatment and not force us to pay for services we don't want. Kinda like private companies do now.

OK. Well that would still be a tax, just a different way of paying for it. Just semantics I guess. I agree that it would be a better way of doing things. One problem though is that someone has to build the roads first so how are you going to get that done without tax.

Nope.

You want roads? Pay the road company to build it. That's not compulsory, and therefore is not theft.

What kind of thief allows you to leave with your money if you choose?

So I pay for a road, and then 100 houses get built along that road and they never had to pay for it...

So your saying it's not theft because my state owns me, like a slave and are just nice slave owners that let me keep some of the cotton I pick?

If you don't want others to use the road then build it and pay for the land it's on yourself. don't even go to that road company

Freedom lovers: 1
Roadcucks: 0

Because by living in a city built by taxes you benefit from the taxes.

You can't just use things that other people paid for with their taxes and expect to get them for free, silly.

If you hate it so much just out into a rural area and stop paying taxes. See theroux documentary "the survivalists". Go live up in rural area, build your own house, pay no taxes, don't need to pay for car license and registration etc.

That's the plan.

In theory, done to different degrees, you agree to pay government tax and it agrees to govern - that is manage public services, redistribute these taxes to government-funded programs, facilities, maintain order, security, healthcare etc.
It differs from one country to another and it's not always done equally well but at least that's the theory. Government in practice is meant to be manager, representative and organizer, not just a ruler.