IRAQ WAR

Alright Sup Forums, just why were we (UK/USA/The West/etc) REALLY in this godforsaken desert?

Was it really just about oil, as my clueless university lecture insists?

It can't be that simple, surely.

Other urls found in this thread:

psr.org/assets/pdfs/body-count.pdf
youtube.com/watch?rel=0&autoplay=1&v=eBGi8jr_CBE
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clean_Break:_A_New_Strategy_for_Securing_the_Realm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Searching for memes

Typing up loose ends. They were supposed to fight Iran. They went for easier oil in other countries.

Wars are good for the economy and bring people together as long as you fight the really bad guys and not some rice farmers. If it would have been for the oil they could have just made some shitty trade agreement and lift some sanctions in return.

psr.org/assets/pdfs/body-count.pdf

>Most conservative estimate is 1.3 million Iraqis and Afghans dead.
>Current US bodycount is 4,683
>US Armed Forces Have a K/D Ratio of approx 227 to one.

We're culling the herd, user. What are you doing to stop the caliphate?

To stabilize the Petro-dollar. Among other things

combat vet here. Why do we need a reason to go overseas and kill mudshits?

Don't forget that 90% were cilvilsts.

I fail to see your point. Do you only spray for pregnant roaches, or do you spray until all the roaches are dead?

This. Everyone here claims to be an ethnocentric white supremacist but how many people on this board have actually killed muds?

butt hurt illiterate Turk shows up, right on cue.

>mudshits
That's not very nice, Sergeant

I'd compliment Hezbollah and their job in Syria but I know you're just that butt flustered Turkish poster who spams this board with dead American threads.

Each one of those dead men is like a Titan to you and your ilk. It takes more than two HUNDRED of you to kill just one of us.

We are the gods of war, camel fucker.

To begin the Muslim refugee part of the agenda.

>I'd compliment Hezbollah
Woah woah I was just kidding m8. I just took you for a classic neocon. I take back what I said.
I can't help it but all foliage-related flags are prone to shitpost

>our soldiers are awesome strong they can bomb women from 10k meter distance

US soldiers are pussy and everyone knows this.

That's sad Germany, I happen to have a high opinion of German soldiers, I did quite a bit of work with them during my tours.

Those dudes love to fuck shit up.

Meanwhile the """deadly""" Kraut welcomes the enemy into his country with open arms.

WIR SCHAFFEN DAS

Based Leb-bro

You should see how many green and blue eyed afghan children the SF left over there.

I am a militarist, but I'm not a necon.
>I can't help it but all foliage-related flags are prone to shitpost
A
FUCKING
TREE

Here they always describe Hezbollah as a Shia terrorist group. Which is bollocks.

SF?

wow urban warfare is dangerous. Really roasted my almonds.
Never heard that about Germans desu. Always afraid to leave the wire from the people I've talked to.

Special Forces. Or the red haired russian rape babies.

Pretty sure you also added fule to the fire.
But hey, we let the fire burn in our country. Should have kept it contained.

According to STRATFOR, the war in Iraq was a geopolitical move to show US power. It was a message to the Islamic world not to fuck with us and to help us in the War on Terror. It worked in this regard but removed an important barrier to Iranian expansion and now we are dealing with the Iran-Saudi proxy wars throughout the region. Also, the US pulling out of Iraq meant its Shia majority became an Iranian ally (further strengthening Iran).

It depends on the Company, I guess. I had bad experiences with the French for example. All they did was smoke and play cards.

How come american soldiers value their lives so little? The british military works with the same recklessness, but only because their officers don't give a shit about the riflemen. Low ranked american soldiers do a lot of stupid shit though, and I don't get why.

>Denmark

You're not allowed at the big boy table. Come back when you are a relevant global force.

i have a kill count of 12 are you happy user?

This is what happened when we kicked Iran out of nation building wrt Iraq. Impractical to do that with a country that shares borders.

What was your worst partner(indigenous don't count)? Worst would be our very own 82nd AB for me. British SOF were the best to work with.

The fuck does this mean? What stupid shit?

Always wanted to work with Aussies, and yes.

OEF here bro. Were you OIF?

>how many people on this board have actually killed muds?
2 haji confirmed in afgan, could be more idk

Its only good for the economy if your supplyside isnt outsource or if your manufacturing isnt nationalised. Its the whole reason we have all this debt because we borrow money for tanks and have nothing to show for it.

Lol. Turkish statistics, everyone.

I was in Afghanistan bruv, where were you?

It means that american soldiers seem very willing to throw away their own lives for little reason. I saw one dude walk several hundred meters up a street with zero cover and back up to get a traffic jam opened up, rather than waiting 15 minutes for getting some support with him. That's just asking to be shot.

British SOF were badasses. I never got to work with them directly but I heard about their ops in our AO and they could really fuck up some muzzies.

Worst I would have to say French. I never heard of them doing anything in any RC.

I think George Bush thought he was the next Winston Churchill, in his naive mind he thought he'd topple Saddam and Democracy would spread all across the middle east like a reverse Domino Effect. Of course Dubya in all his wisdom didn't even know the difference between a Sunni or a Shiite and the rest is history.

FOB Price??????
OEF and inherent resolve as a civilian
Based leaf, doing heavy lifting for western civilization.

i only trained with americans, never served with them unfortunately,they were all pretty fun in sims especially when all they hear is an abo screaming cunt and running through some gum trees.

That's great, a lot of people in this thread went to Afghanistan. But how much Kebab did your countrymen remove? Because I never saw or heard of any Danish ops, and you probably operated out of our bases because your country can't into war without us.

but he didnt get shot user thats all that matters :^)

Yeah

That you're an uneducated dipshit doesn't mean we didn't have a considerable role in Helmand.

taxpayer money needed to trickle down on halliburten. How much money did they make from the war? Some billions. That's it. + Iraq was an easy target. No forrests - just a plain desert to bomb.

Why Britain was there? Cause your US cucks.

Most of you guys sound like you were fobbits

somehow lost 43 men though

It's all true. They were apart of our JTF and it was a blast to assist them.

That's a shame about the French, were they legion or regular infantry?

Marines or actual Americans?

The Danes helped us do some heavy lifting in Helmand province.

When? We may have worked together lol.

>A FUCKING MARINE

It's sad that you genuinely think your smart for spouting this high school tier bullshit.

>mfw we index combat ops and I sit in KAF waiting to rip out

>N-not fair, user we helped!
>One Provence

Bahahaha oh my god cry more Frederik.

it isn't simple, but it wasn't about showing US power. It was about furthering the aims of the Yinon plan for israel, the goal of which is to destabilize the semi-civilized arab states to ensure they are constantly in states of civil war and infighting. This keeps theoretically keeps them from uniting against israel and makes it easier for israel to expand its borders against a balkanized arab world. What does the US get out of this arrangement? Trillions of dollars wsted and thousands of white men killed and maimed. But a few top goyim got quite a few shekels so yay for them.

You can see the same rhetoric machine churning up for israel's last true threat: Iran. i hope we aren't dumb enough to go in there, but this is america so we probably are.

Not gonna lie, I worked on a field surgical team for most of my first deployment.

But then I got switched to the line and finally met my grunts. =']

Yes Israel, the tiny nation the size of Rhode Island that gave away the Gaza Strip and Sinai wants mooooarrr land.

If you meet your wife at a burger joint, your relationship won't be "about burgers".

In this metaphor your wife is the Saudis and the burger joint is the international oil market.

Ease up hoss, the more the merrier in the killing fields right?
68W or PA or what?

That kid on the right seems he's about to click click boom.

it was Exercise TS so it was all branches of the military, its was fun as fuck and made some long time friends

I'm just talking shit back, I don't really hate the Danes. = P

I was a 68w, one tour RC east one tour RC south.

>tfw too young to have gone when all the fun shit was going on

Fascinating how instead of answering my question about the mentality of american soldiers, you decide to go on an autistic rage about how you single handedly conquered the universe.

Gonna post combat/mil photos.

This is what I imagine Valhalla will be like. Warriors from around the world, drinking, getting into contests and comparing stories about killing barbarians.

>Iraq
>semi-civilized
nice meme

did you somehow miss their chimpout regarding that UN resolution regarding settlements? they threatened new zealand with war because of it. do you know how bad their housing crisis is? of course they want more land, they just dont want a shitty ghetto literally overflowing with arabs and at the time holding the sinai wasn't feasible so they begrudgingly gave it back. somehow nasser managed to outjew the jew in those negotiations.

dying for israel doesn't get you into valhalla.

yes SEMI-civilized. it was inarguably a lot better off before we liberated it. saddam > ISIS

I believe sadam wanted to be rid of the petrodollar. That bought him a death sentence.

Check out Susan Lindauer on what was going on before 9/11 with the Iraqis.

I was a combat engineer so we had to break down large parts of the camp before leaving. Here's me setting some hesco on fire (with diesel) in what used to be the american part of the camp.

Roger that. I'm glad you were able to form bonds. That's half the reason we have those things.

Word, it just seemed like he was getting a little offended.

Love my 68Ws. My favourite troops who don't get a CIB.

Jesus Christ you did miss out mate. 2006ish the Danes were kicking it off man. Again in 2010 they were slaying bodies.

I'll try to answer your question about the devil may care attitude of US soldiers.

In the later years of OEF/OIF garrison mentality really set in for some reason while forward deployed. We'd see troops attempt to rigidly obey regulations that put them in dangerous or vulnerable positions to include ground guiding outside of the FOB. We had a marine get shot in the face while ground guiding out of a FOB. (not my unit).

second possible reason. Attrition of combat experienced troops. One thing I saw during the back half of my uniformed career was the sheer number of experienced troops exiting the army. This was during the time most of these politically charged changes were being handed down, also during a rough economic time (height of sequestration.) These deficits were being backfilled by greenhorn troops who don't necessarily know what is and isn't dangerous to do overseas.

To follow up on that point. From the people I've talked to who come work for us who've been recently serving, they say that the military continues to hemorrhage seasoned combat troops.

Finally, outside of standard American bravado which has been a hallmark of US troops in combat since the inception of our nation I would say it's simply a case of line units not being trained properly. I've worked with Afghan commandos who were more professional than certain American line units. Especially Natl. Guard.

>Non-combatant
>Talking about who gets into Valhalla

kys faggot.

>burning down my old home.
why tho. I haven't been back to AFG in some years, is FOB price just gone lol?

Oded Yinon / Eretz Israel Strategy:
1. Prevent any regional power being more attractive than Israel as an ally to the USA
2. Prevent any regional power being an effective opponent to Israel
3. Fight both Sunni and Shia on their territory.
4. Create a battlespace where Sunni and Shia can fight each other.
5. Justify the Golan Heights occupation as necessary during a time of regional instability.
6. Use war to reduce the arab population in the land between the Nile and the Euphrates (Eretz Israel)
7. Use 'refugees' to deracinate Europe as Muslims are easier to control in the long term.
7a. Use refugees as a scapegoat for problems created by long-term looting of Western Economies through fiat currency.

Additional theatre-level benefits...
Sell Kurdish oil bought from ISIS for phat profits (gotta get those dinars)
Destabilise Assad's backyard (next on the list)
Line up a NatGas pipeline from Qatar to Turkey to give the EU an alternative source to Russian gas (brownie points from the EU + fuck Putin)

A fag like that won't even be allowed to serve us booze.

vault 7

>autistic screeching

Kikes
Literally search for "Israel Iraq war" and you'll find what you seek

youtube.com/watch?rel=0&autoplay=1&v=eBGi8jr_CBE

business class profits from war time
military industrial complex

Those glasses are out of regs

>just about oil
Oil and kikes mostly.
Maybe kikes more than oil?
You have to include (((banksters))) in kikes.

>Born too late to impale someone with a lance in WWI.

Why even live?

No, on the list were all countries not controlled by (((banksters))). Iraq, Syria, Libya, Iran, North Korea, etc.

I know a guy who killed a sand nigger with a tomahawk. It's not too late to kill people in creative ways.

>born just in time to not have to dig trenches everywhere

Implying you would have gotten into lancing distance while riding against machine gun fire...

>imblying we wont dig trenches to stop T90 hordes when WWIII starts.

That's pretty badass. We ran a guy over once, the Colonel couldn't stop laughing.

Jobs.

The military in every country is just earned welfare.

I went with the last danish deployment group that included combat troops, I've heard the guys who relieved us basically didn't leave the camp a single time.

There was a lot of that garrison mentality bullshit when I was there too, not so much among the danes but the british officers would scream at us daily for not having our shirts tucked or walking around without berets on or whatever. Even when we had just returned from weeks in the desert.
We have the same shit in the danish military with experienced people quitting. They removed our pension and all benefits, it's a minimum wage job and when there was no prospect of future deployments, I quit myself. Which sucks because I didn't mind the job at all. But there's no point if you never get to go to war.
Thanks for the explanation.

We broke down most of it, what's left was handed over to the afghans, and you know the kind of maintenance they have.

No they were shooting glasses.

A man can dream, can't he?

It wasn't a sentry elimination or anything. It was a compound raid and someone grabbed him as he was coming through the door and pulled him on top of him.

>we ran a guy over once
NO
STOP
CONVOYS
TOOT TOOT!

I doubt they had any relations with locals. The pussy is pretty well locked down over there. Plus we ran constant ops and the SF dudes out of FOB Lily were even busier. Barely had time to jerk off.

Story time? Its gotve been a raid in afghanistan im supposing - used the axe on the door and then a haji?

Daily reminder anyone that participated in this will go to hell

To protect the poppy fields for the medical industry.

How do you think we get all the opium based painkillers, etc.

Opium can't grow easily here in the US

The Iraq war pad planned by Israeli firsters kikes since the 1990s who then infiltrated the Bush administration
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clean_Break:_A_New_Strategy_for_Securing_the_Realm
Also pic related show who was the real pusher for war

Based on whats going on now I feel is was to destabilize the region causing an immigrate influx into western nations. As for oil the rich are rich enough, they have sicker interests now.

Cool, maybe I'll get to fight stuff there too.

I was going to hell well before this.