You can't just invent genders and expect me to go along with it

>you can't just invent genders and expect me to go along with it.
>truth is subjective tho lol

Why do people venerate this hack?

>be too unintelligent to understand someone's logic
>call them a hack

His own internal logic isn't consistent. Its an easy stance to comprehend but he isn't smart enough to explain his own fucking views.

DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW

He has over a 100 videos online including full blow university lectures. Plus there is a shot load of background info that he draws upon to make his points. Just because you are uneducated about his vies doesn't mean his internal logic is inconsistent you tea chugging imperial brat.

I think he means that from a psychological perspective, what we accept as "true" will always be coloured by our desire to believe what is best for us.

But that doesn't mean that we can't argue over what the objective reality of the world is. We just have to be as objective as possible, even if it's impossible for a human to be fully objective about everything.

BASED PETERSON.

>A Brit can't comprehend the differences between an objective truth and a subjective truth

I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

>SUPER-TRUE
>META-TRUE

You know as well as I do that he only pushes this subjective truth bullshit so he can justify his religious belief. How much he actually believes in it is clear when you listen to him try to explain it, poke a single hole in it and he falls to pieces.

What are some of the holes on his view?

Oh, now I get it! You're one of those cool Brit atheists...

Man, those are sure in short supply...

sort yourself

He was completely exposed by Harris in their argument, it was hilarious. How he can be so hypocritical is beyond me, and the rambling incoherent points were awful.

Fuck off OP, Peterson is one of the few pretty based Canadians

No you're a fucking retard. He says you can't legislate language and you can't force people to use gender pronouns, under penalty of law, that don't exist. Peterson is one uncucked Canadian.

He has a good and valuable message to teach everyone: sort yourself

(Also stand up to tyranny of both fascism and collectivism)

how is truth not subjective? We can hold both views that Truth is objective and truth is subjective simultaenously.

Furthermore, since we are local entities, we can't even surmise if there is more than one Truth depending on the context. All Law recognizes this and the best systems seek to create layers of checks and balances so they can cope with different contexts.

What's important is that for us, truth is subjective because we don't know the whole picture on any given subject. At the same time we should recognize Truth as something like a Platonic Form, where we constantly strive to achieve it as we consider it immutable in many respects.

I think he meant to say objective truth exists but humans are unable to grasp it due to our biases or some shit like that. The whole thing was a bit dude weed lmao for me, I gotta watch it again.

Woah the Peterson defence force is out itt, didn't know he had one

Stop being a bunch of nuggets fellow Britbongs or I'll send the plot round to give you cheeky wankers a seeing to.

>implying
He's not a fucking free-speech advocate/debater he's a psychologist and if anything you should analyze his approach to personality theories, you know, the things he actually teaches.

This whole gender bullshit he'd rather not deal with and you can see how tiring and stressful it is for him.

Stop being a bunch of niggers fellow Britbongs or I'll send the plod round to give you cheeky wankers a seeing to.

>AND expect me to go along with it

You are free to invent whatever you want. There is no contradiction amongst people with the brains to understand qualifiers and such.

Stop being a shower of nignogs fellow Britbongs or I'll send me mandem around to give you lot a cheeky heeming.

The subjective exists, but it is built based on entirely objective reasons for its particular existence existence.

Checked

>or pol can't into philosophy thread volume 777

>He sided with Peterson
You are officially DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE WEED LMAO level of intelligence.

If my linguistic usage is predicated on identifying every person's unique group standing then we will only be using each other's names and pronouns will become irrelevant.

You're the simultaneous member of a huge number of groups (male, female, doctor, intimate partner, some faggot).

Get out of your egocentric worldview and understand society functions without giving two fucks about you. Your identity is a negotiation from moment to moment in life. Legislating the usage of identifying pronouns/language is a 2 year old's wet dream. Everyone has to play how they say. Let people decide how they wish to address each other and let the state FUCK OFF.

You need to learn how to separate hard science from metaphysics

someone saying 1 + 1 = 3 is not equivalent to someone saying Christianity is important for giving the populace morality

The state is comprised of people.

The state is comprised of people. The legal right to force people to recognize and actively engage in linguistic usage that they don't desire to be a part of is far beyond the power of the state except in VERY specific and extenuating circumstances.

Which one of those is supposed to be a facet of hard science and which is supposed to be a question of metaphysics? Don't use words you don't understand.

>The legal right to force people to recognize and actively engage in linguistic usage that they don't desire to be a part of is far beyond the power of the state
Not in Canada, apparently.

That's the problem. What is going on here? Are you just posting the first thing that comes to mind?

QUAD

Oh very stronk. Just want another bump so others can see the shame of your fellow countryman.

Obviously your statement about the limits of the power of the state is false, or the right to force people to actively engage in a particular linguistic patterns includes the prescriptions being made by the Canadian government in this case.

People have decided how to address one another, you simply don't like the decision. You're attempting to obfuscate the fact that it's merely a difference of opinion by trying to moralize about an imaginary government that doesn't have the properties of the actual government in question.

question for faggots.

Objective truth is absolute when we can quantify it.

Subjective truth exists if and only if we cannot quantify the truth?

We cannot ever quantify the truth because we are unable to observe objective truth. We are subjective observers.

Thus the argument that as far as humans are concerned, objective truth doesn't exist or we can never prove it exists. Thus we can never observe an objective truth.

claiming that there is no gender is going against hard science

Christianity is metaphysics because it attempts to answer the purpose of human existence, and those who just say "lol u believe in God? xD prove it" are missing the picture

and that's that

So by your logic, literally any question or idea loosely associated with Christianity falls under the purview of metaphysics? Whether Christianity is important for "giving a populace morality" is not a metaphysical question.