ORAL ARGUMENTS REGARDING TRAVEL BAN LIVE

LIVE! HAPPENING! ~50 minutes from now the court hearing will begin!

ca9.uscourts.gov/media/view_video.php?pk_vid=0000010884

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AD9jgpr0SzM
youtu.be/DEK8FCBMkMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DEK8FCBMkMQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

YOUTUBE LINK

this needs a bump

BAMP

Settle in for an exciting bout of 'muh constitushun' from both sides

whelp, there goes my afternoon

Watching this shit

Something that actually belongs on Sup Forums

Heres a bump

This is useless

These liberal cuck judges won't change anything

I actually skimmed the briefs of both sides in my legal writing class today. If I had to make a prediction I'd say Trump has the better shot.

The issue with Washington's ruling is that it has no real legal basis, it's based on some flimsy precedent that because the government does not meet the burden of proof required to establish that there is sufficient damage to the States that outweighs the damage suffered by the Plaintiff, that it therefore is invalid.

Trump's argument is what you'd think it is, that that's horseshit and the Court is infringing upon his enumerated powers as President and the portion of US Code, can't remember the number, that specifically grants him this right.

Unfortunately this is the 9th Circuit, meaning they're likely to be more liberally leaning; however, I'm confident they'll agree there's no legal meat on Washington's case and that they're essentially just overruling Trump's order based on nothing but policy preference.

There's a small chance it'll lose here, but there's no fucking chance it'd lose if it goes to the Supreme Court.

Actual arguments by real lawyers?

Fuck that i just wanna post MAGA memes

I read that this will still go to the supreme court should it fail and it will be dismissed there? Is this right?

Trumps argument is water tight, cited case law confirming there are no constitutional rights for immigrants and that the courts lack the power of judicial review of immigration policy, the libs have nothing

Tell me when this starts bros, I'm on mobile

I'd still watch it. Oral arguments are interesting and I'm predicting a total shutdown of the libcucks by Trump's attorneys. They're definitely practicing judicial activism in an area where there's no controversy, Trump's side is going to look amazing compared to whatever wishy-washy argument the Plaintiff brings up.

Bump it up.

Fuck shills and slide threads this should be stickied

Checkem

Key terms here are that the President has "complete discretion" in regards to this issue area. If this case stands, federal judges will be allowed to overrule each and every one of Trump's orders, and every future president, if they don't like it. Hopefully the Ninth Circuit can put their biases aside and see that. This tramples all over Article II

in a sane and just world, Trump would win.

i hope the Supreme Court will interpret the law and not tippy toe along party lines

good input - thanks

Not gonna lie, some soft southern rock really liven the court room up.

Reckon you can help me? What's some solid 80's rock I could get into? Any rock would be good.

If the case stands it would literally over turn 240 years of case law.

>this is why you're not a judge yet

whether or not she's right, that was fucking harsh

Libs are gonna get rocked on this one. It's cut and dry

This 9th court always gets rocked, this time is just a big enough deal that people care

Judges are fucking assholes, also if you ever meet a female judge that isn't a total ice queen bitch outside the court I'll cum on my shoe and eat it. Male ones tend to be more chill if not equally angry.

This guy knows what's up

I'M DYING OF WINNING AIDS!!

I think it would be funny if trump won
why not just quit the un?
or just say others should follow treaties and the geneva conventions but we don't want to

In my oppinion I think the ban is legal and trump will win assuming he judge is objective and not activist

AWWWWW SHITYEAH 13 MINUTES TO GO

I hope you're right. the us will lose credibility around the world

Implying this ban will ever go through fully. Trump is signing executive orders without the slightest clue as to what repercussions await.

Some dems are saying that the EO violates the 1st amendment because it has the intent to restrict religion. This is apparently because Trump called it "a muslim ban".

be sure not to quote any of the 100 million ordinary american citizens supporting this, whose opinions are actually all that matters here..

why the fuck should anyone else follow the treaties they sign?

Yup. The president is his own worst enemy.

Trump better kick that cuck in the face with killer words!!

Anyone could spoonfeed me about the ban in some points?
-It goes against human rights in some way?
-Why exactly was the reason used by the judges to block it?
Im looking arround and its not clearly enough for me

yes.

I dont think it matters what he says.
What matters is in the legal documents.

a fag lawyer, black judge and woman plantif.
really?
fucking really?

bump

4 liberals vs 4 conservatives, but one of the conservatives helped sway the vote for gay marriage and abortion rights.

It's not going to be as open and shut as you think. It largely depends on how the constitution is interpreted.

1182 says explicitly that the president can bar entry to any group or class of aliens for an indefinite amount of time if he feels they threaten the safety of the US. Religion should fall under that umbrella as well.

Even then, he could just rebrand it as an Arab ban with the exact same terms and it would be valid under 1182 and the 1st.

There is so much saliva in this guys mouth holy shit

That's not the issue they're debating today, and it's also not what the First Amendment protects.

(((They))) are gonna get purged soon, I feel it.

trump should go on a world wide speaking tour and explain that he/ the us are the good guys so silly laws shouldn't apply to us

Im just listening and not watching. Just assumed he had a dick in his mouth.

Sure it is a temporary stay on visa issuance from 7 countries on an already established list of dangerous and terrorist supporting/harboring nations

The list of countries was made by the obama admin in 2015

It also stops all incoming traffic from Syria and ends Obamas 2016 refugee resettlement plan

It also puts in exceptions for anyone the state department feels like and for persecuted religious minorities of any kind

It never says Muslim

It's completely legal and there is a precedence for stays like this happening in the past

There is basically nothing to fight legally

What is this? What a joke, the judges are all low quality hires. Bad argumentation methods, mostly show. I seriously hope they are just boared, by the case being so obvious.
t.lawfag

Constitutional rights do not apply to non citizens, end of story

this current speaker is nu male

I still don't understand this idea that our constitution blankets foreign nationals.

They actually do, due to the 14th amendment.

what is this guy even arguing? that employees aren't paid enough?

nope

1965 was a mistake.

Foreign nationals on US soil do. Read the 14th amendment and see that there's a difference between citizens and persons.

Who else thinks Muslims immigration is like a slow invasion? Like slowly boiling a frog in water. It doesn't jump out of the water until its too late.

I'm reading articles that Europe is going to be majority Islam in 50 years and instate Sharia law.

How can Liberals welcome Muslims to America with open arms? It's basically like welcoming a giant Trojan horse. Once there are enough Mulsims here they will destroy our culture and civilization.

And I think Trump is well aware of this fact.

I wouldn't worry

Islam has tried to conquer the west for centuries and even though we are cucked people will only tolerate so much before snapping

This is the right link

youtu.be/DEK8FCBMkMQ

>Foreign nationals on US soil do.

exactly anyone coming from the OUTSIDE of the US has no rights and thats exactly what a travel restrictions does.

prohibit forefingers to enter the USA.

this is like court by NERV

Thank you, this is the correct link. Idk what the shit OP linked is.

thats why you ban them before you come in

This argument is for a telehell company (that I used to work for) that would take the hourly rate and say that it only apply to when the employees are working, not on site. eg: if you work in a call center, you only get paid if you are actively on the phone.In this case the fagot is right that they should get paid for all hours on site. however, to add, they hire a fuck ton of H1B visas so fuck Verizon.

thanks, user

kek - captcha is "refugio juarez"

to me this whole thing is a waste of time

trump should forget about the 7 country ban thing and just work on jobs and stuff

ITS HAPPENING

Fuck off shill. We won't have a country if we can't enforce our border and immigration laws.

everyone sounds unprepared and nervous so far

wrong link, senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=DEK8FCBMkMQ

IT'S ON
>IT'S ON

STATE OF WASH VS DONALD J TRUMP

THIS IS THE LINK

>by phone

JAFFA's calling

Thanks. Audio only though =(

Is this like a court based on the phone?

He is. It is media and libtards like you who can't seem to drop the subject.

why not just lower immigration rates

you dont have to do this random 7 country ban that doesnt really do anything

its a waste of time

just lower overall immigration if you really want that

also the border is not a waste of time. but this isnt the border

>several million jobs being taken by immigrants for lower wages
>just focus on jobs
I mean, you are not wrong...

I have no audio: what gives?

There is no video anywhere. Thus is a conference call.

Because they are all shit goat fuckers, they do not mix with the west. Islam is not compatible with the western world.

this is so fucking unprofessional.

What's the difference between and

Second is the wrong link and is a fag.

time stamps

thats not what this is though lol trump isnt doing this to stop muslims from coming he literally believes in radical islamic terrorism is going to kill us and its temporal

hes not even doing it to save white civilization

link in the OP is correct. second one is what was originally overlayed in OP's link because the stream didn't start yet and op thought it would be there

This guy doesnt sound confident

This is going to the supreme court, Gorsuch will be the deciding vote, and reeeeee will ensue

SO it starts in 45 minutes or so, but when will it be decided by ?

>tfw dont want to stay up really late to see america get btfo

hope its goes through desu

>We won't have a country if we can't enforce our border and immigration laws.

The US relies on illegal immigrants to make the economy work. If they all left the economy would collapse. If they all got replaced with people with work permits the the economy would go into recession.

Illegal immigrants in the US make up a disposable, low cost, strike resistant caste of worker. The US has always needed people like that. It used to be blacks, then it was Chinks, now it is mostly Central Americans.

If homegrown whites in the US found themselves in a situation where they had to do the underpaid crappy Spaniard work, there would be riots.

that woman sounds pretty nervous

kek they played themsleves

kek

>liberals asking for evidence

I hate not knowing who these people are when they are speaking.

This doesn't sound too good, lads