Memes aside, is God real?

Memes aside, is God real?

Yes, I have seen her and heard her voice.

No way of ever finding out.

Hear hear!

No

real in what way???

Confirm it, God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit are real!

Are you even trying?

Yes. And daily reminder that Sup Forums is a christian board. No amount of nupol migrants from plebbit shilling will change this.

>Marvel Mythology
>Not using Superior DC Mythology

Kys

John 1:18

Well, there's no reason not to believe in God.

The alternative is to come to the grim realization that all our lives are for naught that will eventually terminate in death. We, the people we know, the people they know, everyone will eventually die, including the last human. Whether that be on Earth or another planet, humanity will be eliminated and all our lives will be a pointless waste of time.

With religion, our lives are at least a phase where we can work toward the reward of the afterlife.

Unironically yes.

>desecrating Sakura like that
Fuck off and die.
You are the newfag, coming here shitting up the board with your dumbass shit.

>The alternative is to come to the grim realization that all our lives are for naught that will eventually terminate in death.

And why is this a problem? Why does everything need to have a special meaning, why can't life have no objective meaning?

Fuck off john

Only objectively correct answer.

Because then there is no logical point for getting out of bed in the morning.

Kill yourself Ricky. You athecucks are all the same.

If life has no purpose you're dead already.

Why wouldn't you want to make life better for those who come after you? Especially when there's nothing after life, you have to seize opportunity while you are here

No objective purpose, but that doesn't mean you can't have a subjective purpose

Of course He is real, just look at your digits. Praise Kek, brother.

Shadilay

The consequences of my actions will eventually end when the last human dies in the heat death of the universe. So there is really no point.

Who knows, but I pick Christianity over the modern day degeneracy and Islam.
Intelligent people can choose to be moral and good, while being atheists, but there is no obligation for them to do so. Morality needs to be ( at least formally ) controlled.
Less intelligent population needs something to keep them from destroying themselves and others. Thus - Christianity.

I believe that God thinks he's God

yes

Praise Jesus Christ the Only-Begotten Son of God!

Not only is He real, He is risen user. And he died and rose again to save you from your sins
>which warrant eternal damnation and the full weight of God's righteous justice, poured out unto eternity upon your head, a ceaseless torment infinitely greater than any burden you could ever hope to bear

Won't you turn to God user?

Nobody who lives and breathes will ever know the right answer to humanity's everlasting mystery. That's all I'm really going to say about this as I constantly repeat myself if these faggot ass threads millions of times.
This

Yes he does.

t. the bitch's answer.

If you believe in god only because of your reason, then god knows this and will send you straight to hell. God wants believers, not fair weather believers.

Of course there is no intrinsic meaning to life, but you still have yet to give me a good reason as to why that's a bad thing

Yeah, sin can be scary.

Because it's illogical.

Yes.

Because the quality of life for anyone living means absolutely nothing if no one will remember it after death. I could put two twins, one in a room full of women that literally just give them blowjobs and sex on command, and torture the living hell out of the other until they both die, and without some sort of after life, there is no difference between the two at all.

>God
>memes aside
pick one

Likely not the God found in any book. I'm a fan of biocentrism, the theory that consciousness creates reality and not the other way around. Robert Lanza has a great book on the concept.

Give him time user. Belief takes time to work out. I am sure that he is working out his faith in fear and trembling.

Right ?

t. Bible thumper
Nice job devoutly following a misinterpreted 1000 times over book fuccboi

Thoth acknowledges the Creator.

So? A lot of stuff in the universe seems illogical but it happens anyway, our consciousness is just one of them, and it's something that ceases after death

believing in god is cognitive dissonance

>Why does everything need to have a special meaning
Because without it, life is not all that different from death. So we might as well not live.

jojo says he is
would jojo lie

>he bases his worldview entirely off of what dilbertman says

I have transcended the simple logic of atheism and have delved into logical religiousness.

I'm certain there's a divine being that decides our eternal fates based on our behaviors and contributions to society after our time on Earth has expired, and the 10 commandments are essential for being a respectable person, but religion is pretty archaic desu.

ait, lemme just prove (or state the obvious) existence of god real quick
>muh big bang
Ok cool, now what started that shit?
>....uhm, muh time before the big bang?
See, heres the deal, even time itself has to have a start, but how does one start EVERYTHING (also the things before the big bang and all the big bangs before that one)
A circle repeats itself, yes, but someone has to create that circle, this someone is God.
Anyone who disagrees with this is just plain retarded.

The main issues is that Atheists like to imagine they're fighting the idea of a literal magic wizard-man in the skies, god is so much more than that, god is omniscient, omnipotent and everywhere. The human aspect of god (the one we can even begin to comprehend) Jesus, is one part of the trinity that makes up what is God.

See you ex-athesits in the next catholic thread.

God bless you user.

I bet right now, right there, he is shitposting among us

The only valid answer is nobody knows for sure

repent

Who created God?

>but religion is pretty archaic desu.
Is man not an archaic being?
Has becoming Modernized not been detrimental to his psyche?
>we cant kno nuffin
Yes
t. poopie Gold(((berg)))
Written on indestructible Tablets, he remembers why Atlantis sunk and who sunk it.

Who do you think is the one with the "Unknown" flag?

if you think about anything in your life and how winning IRL actually goes you know there´s no god and animal races going extinct happens coz they just didnt fuck enough and had no community.
No god saves a 10 year old in sweden from getting raped, no god stops a bullet, no god stops a wallet from being taken, no god does anything about ISIS coz there is no god and you´re all alone in empty big galaxy waiting for inevitable death

>evolution happens in millions of years
>you´ll live only less than 70
>earth pretty much ruined within 1000 years coz of consumer culture

All hail our goddess Eris !

yes dumbass

No one, God is the only constant in the universe.
God is beyond time and space, an idea unthinkable to most humans (especially retards like you, asking shit troll questions like this)

> If you believe in god only because of your reason, then god knows this and will send you straight to hell.
That... certainly not how Orthodoxy works.
If you don't outright deny Christ and live a good moral life, you are considered a good person, worthy of approval in the eyes of God. But Christian would say that such man does unnecessarily endanger himself with his refusal to acknowledge Christ.

>her
>implying traps are female

>jews ruin everything
>this somehow proves God doesn't exist
Retard

>....uhm, muh time before the big bang?

Nice strawman, no Athiest who has ever taken a physics class will claim there was time before the big bang, there literally couldn't have been, it doesn't work like that

>Anyone who disagrees with this is just plain retarded.

Our current understanding of the universe doesn't require "muh first cause"

Everything in the "Science Then" column is a lie.

But it's not surprising fuckwits like you fell for it

Nothing comes from nothing. Still waiting for a valid answer.

>time didn't exist before muh big bang
Time is a manmade idea and can be applied to anything, I know all about that "gravity affects time and time is blah blah about how matter moves through space". But given a HUMAN understanding of time, what happened 1 second before the bigbang? or 10? or a thousand and so on?

and there´s again that fucking retarded all powerful boogeyman you blame everything you dont like for.
what kikes huh? where the fuck is your evil overlord that ruins all the things in your life, note just yours, the normies are doing good as usual.

They don´t exist and you made this shit up to not take responsibility for being the cuck in your own life who never gets things done. Apply rope or apply atheism.

But, is Thoth/Hermes Lucifer?

>gets assravaged by my satirical reference

>Pascal's Wager

>But given a HUMAN understanding of time, what happened 1 second before the bigbang? or 10? or a thousand and so on?

Nothing, as there was no time before the big bang so no events could take place

Your question is a dumb as asking "what's -1K?"

Yes

>God is beyond mortal understanding, time and space
>Somehow he's petty enough to condemn you to eternal suffering if you don't believe he's real

sure thing pal

Embrace God small sons and He will embrace you

If a god existed he would know if you truly believed in God or you were just doing it because of the wager

This is one of the most piss poor arguments I have ever seen

2/10 shitpost

Ah, so everything came from nothing, at last I see.
Where do I buy a fedora, now that you have truly converted me?

God exists, but I doubt he's in church.

>retarded meme replies
(you)

Impossible to know. If he did exist and acted like the bible portrays him, he would reveal himself to us. Thousands of years ago when people were living in shit, the best way to control them was to make them think there was an all powerful being above them that would punish them for eternity if they didn't follow the (((rules))) How religion still exists in the modern day is proof of how humans can't live unless promised greatness if they behave or punishment if they misbehave.

If our universe is inside of a turtle on another dimension then the turtle is God.

It sounds dumb, but as our current understanding goes, everything did come from nothing, please attend some public physics lectures or even just watch some online before you make yourself look like an idiot

yes

No.

"Thoth served to enlighten humans in that age that they were not the spawn of the Nephilim, the fallen angels of Lucifer.

He revealed to them that although the Fallen Lords had greatly tampered with their mortal bodies through eons of genetic manipulation,
human kind were still ’angels unaware.’"

>this someone is God. (because I said so)
>Anyone who disagrees with this is just plain retarded.
Literally the religious argument in a nutshell.

Wew, I like this.

God? Well, blimey I mean I don't know much about religion, I only started reading up on it when I encountered a ghost at a converted chapel I happened to be staying at in Wales a few years ago.

The only thing that really makes me think is the origin of everything. This one is hard to get your head around, its like trying to think up a new colour, but just imagine nothing. There's no universe, no life, just blackness. Where did that blackness come from? Why does time exist? Why does anything exist?

What in the fuck am I talking about?

I think you don't really know the subject though, there were many theories about that that assume the existence of time before big bang, notoriously various cyclic universe theory, like the Big Bounce theory for example. So the idea that there were no time before that is as much a speculation.
Otherwise I'm a fedorafag too.

Of course He is.

All bullshit aside, the answer is "maybe"

The difference is that the model where there is no time before the big bang is currently our best model to describe reality, maybe the universe does expand and contract in a cycle, but there is no possible way of ever knowing that, so for all purposes it can be discarded

Well, it's not the best per se, it's just more common. In such cases it's somehow based on assumptions and theories mostly. So we maybe can't definently say that there was time before that, but we also for sure can't say there was not.

Oh certainly, we cant say anything for 100% certainly because we're never going to have all the evidence due to universal limitations like the speed of light for example

>ITT: fedora's can't fathom the idea of omnipotence

No.

The idea of omnipotence is stupid

So is Thoth good or evil?

Refute and then prove the existence of an Omnipotent being. Until then you are just another retarded follower of a medieval religion.

>he would reveal himself to us
You're talking about God as if basic human psycology affects him, lmao.
>b-but, he said he'd be back