Should I kill myself before the singularity?

As is my understanding, the transhumanist singularity could occur at any time. We have no idea what scientists and researchers are up to in their underground labs. They could be close to unleashing something on humanity which would be impossible to escape. I have no interest in becoming a cog in some borg-like machine hivemind, sharing thoughts with an AI and billions of other people on the planet for eternity. That sounds like a very potent version of hell to me. Every minute we stay alive, we are dicing with this fate. Is it time to make a quick exit while we still can?

The singularity isn't for you and me. The rich will keep this - the final space uninvaded by poors - to themselves. It won't be like Elysium; they won't bother moving their bodies to a space station when they could move their minds to cyberspace instead. They'll be replicated, backed up, immortal and invulnerable. We won't get that chance.

>I have no interest in becoming a cog in some borg-like machine hivemind, sharing thoughts with an AI and billions of other people on the planet for eternity.

Don`t you want to be uploaded into a space ship and discover the universe?
There can be several versions of you, robotic bodies in other planets, spaceships, other versions living in VR all the time...

Too late friend. We sit on the event horizon.

You're already in it

~X33-332-PQ.!~

There is only one way to escape. Swallowing Mercury.

Nice reference

But yes, consider killing yourself.

Why would you do it BEFORE the singularity? Don't you want to see what happens first and see if it actually is as shitty as you think it will be before you off yourself?

>implying you will get the chance to kill yourself after

get a load of this human battery

which one of those would be you?
I mean, not clones with same personality or memories, but YOU

>mind gets stolen or criminalized
>Get put into torture device
>feel immeasurable pain that will never persist
>tossed underground somewhere
>can only hope for the universe to implode

It wont be pretty, humans wont stop acting like humans once the singularity hits, if anything there will be less value to human life than ever considering everyone's replaceable.

I dont think suicides worth it desu, but if given the chosefor immortality by anyone except god you that greentext is INEVITABLE

There's no guarantee that I will still have autonomy or even a physical body to destroy.

Singularity could create an inescapable prison of the mind. Like software inside a computer which never switches off.

I don't understand, OP. Why kill yourself and let humanity fall to the transhumanist singularity rather than rebelling against it once it shows up? In a sense, your dwindling the amount of resistance towards the singularity making it much easier for them to implement it.

You morons need to lay off the sci-fi movies.

yes

As long as we do not replace the brain, you are still human.

Nothing we could ever build could replicate it properly. Machinery does not have hormones, and therefore can not feel emotion.

We may make ourselves better, but we could never be replaced.

If I am wrong, we will stop it before it is too late. If there is one thing that humanity is, it is extremely hard to get rid of.

>Not contributing to the existence of Roko's Basilisk
You're royally fucked, OP.

It already happened. This is a simulation.

No, wait!
What if the singularity turns out to be fun?

Removing ignorance, fear, poverty, crime, greed and ensuring continued human survival for all time?

Sounds like paradise to me faggot.

>singularity
>can't even make CPUs faster since 2007

You have nothing to worry about

Present day
Present time
Haha haha ~

Haha. Not even that dark. Say you can backup a mind and redeploy it.

You find a guy that is a genius at one particular subject or problem solving. Back that motherfucker up. Then, whenever needed, just like a VM, spin up a copy of the mind, have it solve the problem, then delete the copy. Don't let it learn or evolve (unless you want it to) because that might effect what it was really good at.

>ID: Sup Forums

OP BTFO

Thanks, dickhead. Now I have to go donate money to transhumanist organizations.

singularity is an overhyped meme. Computers alone will continue to get better but they won't rise up against us, it doesn't make sense.

We may however willingly enslave ourselves in a VR cyberspace and then yeah we're fucked.

This is debatable.

Wealth is still being made by trading goods (selling, buying). So the rich still depend on the masses to be rich.

Before such an event would happen, we would have a totally different economy, where trading wouldn't be the driving force anymore.

If we get to that point, I'm not sure there will still be rich and poor.

Even assuming that the rich will be the first to buy all the robots that would make them self-sufficient, they'd still need programmers and engineers for maintenance and operation.

>inb4 self-programming robots that have infinite etc etc

Nah, let's not get too deep into technological fairy tales.

What I'm sure about is that in the next decades sometimes we will get fully replaceable lab-grown organs and the rich will be the first in line to extend their life by decades, while the poor's life expectancy won't change much.

Elite unload.
Automate everything they need.
Everyone else dies like ants.

Pretty simple.

>hey'd still need programmers and engineers for maintenance and operation.
And diagnostic, service and repair robots will be high priority. They will literally be creating their own replacement.

Pic is what the word Transhumanism really means.

There's no such thing as coincidence.

Plot twist: the singularity already happened to real people and we're just their simulation for their entertainment and/or learning about universal history

Why not just spam their networks with suicidal thoughts? Maybe you could make the borg an hero.

They'll just clone you anyway. Anyone dead with any bones left in the ground to extract DNA for that matter.

Join the hive friends, really, it's not that bad.

>I have no interest in becoming a cog in some borg-like machine hivemind, sharing thoughts with an AI and billions of other people on the planet for eternity.

Yet here you are.

Singularity is bullshit anyway, most of us enjoy individuality.

>I'd rather stay a fat lazy useless fuck for a few more years than live forever exploring the universe as an invicible hard light hologram

You can always get a fresh printed body when you want physical adventure.

Well, until you get expelled from paradise.

this

They will make a VR SAO style game for the plebs to live in post scarcity.

Those who remain get to live in a utopia and everyone else is relieved of their burden of shitty underclass life. Sounds like a win-win no matter which side you land on.

it will occur when and if it is willed

But what would be the point of removing your autonomy? If they used you as a battery of something, why couldn't they just use something else as a battery with lower risk of resisting? And if the scenario you are talking about actually happens, couldn't it be predictable in the years before it happens? You all are being affected by loss aversion.

You're welcome.

unlikely, they will be bound to this universe/simulation. The simulated cannot interact with the simulator

I like to look at it this way.

Greetings fine citizens of the world!
My name is Justin Trudeau and I'm a huge faggot. Some of you might recall me as a part time drama teacher but I'm Prime Minister of Canada now thanks to my family name and my #1 kike, George "I start insurrections" Soros. Now you might be wondering why I've taken time away from finding black bulls to fuck my wife and inhaling muslim cocks. Well, I'll tell you.

As I watched my wife being pleasured by numerous men that were not me the other night I thought of how all white men could get a deep sense of satisfaction if they could just let go of their inhibitions and act as fluffers for the 3rd world, offering up the women we cherish most in an altruistic gift of formerly unexperienced patriotism of not country, but humanity. Wives and daughters the western world over impregnated by strong verile niggers and muslims. I say nigger of course in only the most cuckold fashion.

Well there isn't much more to this. I think I should go check and see if my wife needs a cleaning!

Again, my name is Justin Trudeau and I love sucking big hairy cocks.

J

Sure, 0.001% upload rest die.

Nice.

You could all meet every milennia or so and dump your memories into the others you, and the others the same.

True singularity is far away. Top .001% is already there powerwise probs

It wouldn't actually be you, it would be a copy of you.

You've got nothing to worry about.

Moore's law is hitting a wall, and ever since the turn of the 20th century new innovations per year have fallen off a cliff (Look up "Timeline Of Historic Inventions" on Wikipedia, it literally lists nothing of note after the 1990s). I think we're safe from the singularity.