No history to connect to?

I think I have realized a major issue with black people. At least ones living in the states and have been for generations.

I am a black male and I find myself hard pressed to call back to any kind of major history. Like, for example, lets say you are European. You probably at one point had an ancestor that could say they were a knight or a soldier in a kings army or whatever.

If you are black in the USA, you can only really say that your ancestors were probably slaves and you probably won't be able to say for sure about your history before that period of slavery.

I find that people with recognizable GOOD history to call back to are often better people and not complete asses like a lot of black americans are. Not saying everyone can make that call back to history but the ones that can, I find are usually better people because of it.

So the issue is that black people just don't have any long term history. Granted the USA is a pretty young country but still.

I admire people with recognizable history. Like look at swedish people who can say "At one point, my ancestors were Vikings and lived life by a code of honor of some sort."

What can a black person in the USA say? "At one point my ancestors were slaves... yay..."

Its all in the history. What does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WQQ9gjBby10
youtube.com/watch?v=K_DOnKJ232M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>call back to any kind of major history
It's because you don't have any. The pinnacle of your race was being farm equipment for another.

No shit, Tyrone. Why do you think WE WUZ was invented?

Cry about it

Fpbp

Create the history you so much desire. Make sure black kids 400 years from now can look back and have something to be proud of

>Vikings
>code of honor
kek

I think history is definitely part of it, man. that's a good point.

Regardless, it seems improbable that there isn't anything for black folks to latch onto. for instance, off the top of my head I remember that the richest person ever in recorded history was a black king of some sort.

It's not like a feudal peasant is much higher up than a slave, and let me tell you, it's not like most white folks are descended from dukes and kings.
Vikings were barbarians, they're just romanticized these days. Fuck that, romanticize your own barbarian ancestors. See if you can find what part of Africa you're from. Kongo, Mali, Songhai etc were perfectly respectable kingdoms back in the day.

Ok Satan.

That's the beauty of America; you can write your own history.

>black people just don't have any long term history

Black Americans have a lot to be proud of - they came as people who were sold into slavery by other africans, and yet 300 years later they are much better off than the blacks who sold them into slavery. Black Americans are AMERICANS - and that is something to be proud of. They served valiantly in the two largest wars the world has ever seen.

Black Americans need to lead a new effort to colonize Africa. Liberia failed, but black Americans could probably pull something off today considering they're not coming immediately out of the throes of slavery.

OP you should read "negroland" by margo jefferson. she talks about exactly this slave history thing and how wealthy blacks created an alternate high society/social register that she grew up in. think old chicago/upper midwest

the true history of black ppl is from the melanin planet

we not of dis urf, nugga

American blacks are from Western Africa. Go to Google put "Western African Empires" boom done you have history now. Also I hope this answers your question I didn't really read your post just skimmed a bit

That was Mansa Munsa, but he was only the richest man because all gold mined in his land was forfeited to him. The Mali Empire itself was shit tier.

Now look at those places though... congo is a shit hole and mali is a shit hole too.

Also, the chances of a black person finding out what part of africa they would be from nowadays is so difficult and nearly impossible if you don't have any living relatives some info.

Ive came to this conclusion myself. I find myself drawing on my history occasionally to help me make decisions or to draw resolve from.

Of course everyone has both nobility and slaves in their history when going back over the course of all human history, its just a matter of immediate (last ~thousand years that might actually be recorded/verifiable) history you can look back and identify on.

The issue wont go away untill history is made. You cant just make stuff up, its gotta be history based on real accomplishments you can point back at. So essentially its a problem that only time and many generations will solve.

Its not a unique problem though, a lot of people dont have any real history to point at either. The thing is for each race a lot do as well, and so those people strengthen the overall demographic by being examples.

That was the biggest problem with slavery in this particular instance of slavery. A roman slave might know where he came from, a christian or indian slave in muslim held teritory might know their ancestors and who they are, but were did a black slave even come from? 'somewhere in africa' is not useful.

This is probably why there aresome people who attempt to claim egyptians were black, or certain historical figures were actually black, or everyone in classical civilization was black and white people just edited history on a massive scale to cover it up.

Ethiopia is pretty based and interesting, but I doubt there are many american blacks with ethiopian ancestry

Feels good being descended from an american war hero and statesman. Feels even more epic that he came from a line of Household Troops that served up til King Louis XIV

The Jews once had the same identity crisis.

jews have the best history, whites are mad they got no history

...until the holocaust

"At one point, my ancestors were Vikings and lived life by a code of honor of some sort."

pmsl good b8

>Like, for example, lets say you are European. You probably at one point had an ancestor that could say they were a knight or a soldier in a kings army or whatever.

Not really from my experience. Most of US European culture has been washed away. If you are lucky you have tiny pieces left at best.

The Holocaust bolstered it.

Athenians have the best history.

This

youtube.com/watch?v=WQQ9gjBby10

>WE WUZ BUZINEZZKANGS

black people can do cool shit like this
youtube.com/watch?v=K_DOnKJ232M

this. the greatest fail of afrocentrism isn't the "we wuz ancient aliens". its the fact that they couldn't be bothered to research their actual achievements, which were pretty substantial.

Ancient Aliens is a theory made up by white people.

Something about aliens building the pyramids or something.

AYO
HOL UP HOL UP HOL UP
THOT WE WUZ KAAAAAAAAAAAAANGZ N SHIET

I'm mulatto and on the black side of my family I have ancestors that fought in the Civil War as part of the 54th Massachusetts Infantry Regiment. There's even a bronze statue in my hometown of one of them sitting in the center of one of our parks. Maybe you don't have any idea about your family history but that doesn't mean all black families are like 'oh no we wuz slaves'