4D Chess Confirmed: Bill Introduced to Eliminate Dept of Ed

thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/318310-gop-lawmaker-proposes-abolishing-department-of-education

>On the same day the Senate confirmed President Trump’s secretary of Education pick by a historically narrow margin, a House Republican introduced legislation to abolish the entire department Betsy DeVos will lead.

>Kentucky Rep. Thomas Massie’s bill is only a page long, after merely stating the Department of Education would terminate on Dec. 31, 2018.

>Massie believes that policymakers at the state and local levels should be responsible for education policy, instead of a federal agency that’s been in place since 1980.

Other urls found in this thread:

thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/318310-gop-lawmaker-proposes-abolishing-department-of-education
youtube.com/watch?v=fWkxvIaKsFU
archive.nevadajournal.com/nj98/05/prussian.htm
credo.stanford.edu/reports/MULTIPLE_CHOICE_CREDO.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Won't succeed, but it will be interesting to watch the salt mines argue for it because they hate DeVos.

I think it might. The more 'school choice' she pushes, the less union suppprt there will be to keep the Department of Education.

except for the federal employees union, but who do you think will win? 20,000 federal employees or 2,000,000 teachers?

>Won't succeed

Why do you never learn?

How is this bad? You want the feds teaching your kids?

It seems you don't understand that getting caught was part of his plan.

You gotta wonder how many Republicans belong in the 'yes, I know she's unqualified but we want to get rid of the entire Department of Education so having an idiot in charge only strengthens our case' camp.

he's crashing this department with no survivors.

trump is brilliant. this is some art of war tier shit.

Pic related

hehehe

those people are no better than libtards

Didn't he do the same to the GOP Poo Rising Star? He's gonna quit the UN and leave her poo ass jobless.

Hohoho

I think you mean "Art of the Deal"

If the dept of ed goes, block grant management likely goes with it unless it gets tasked by a different department. This one is a head scratcher, as the money is still obligated.

If the fed really pulls out of block grants, education goes Wild West.

>unqualified
Found the libshit.

> Somewhere, in another timeline...

Does this mean common core is gone?

>33

It just means that the money backing federal mandates around be common core MIGHT go away. States could still keep it

This is the problem with getting the federal government out of education altogether. In essence, states don't want to actually exercise their 10th amendment authority because that would make state legislatures more accountable for their education system. As it stands now, the can shift blame to Washington and not have to face the wrath of voters regarding the deplorable education this country produces.

This does 2 things
1 shows the left no longer has any power by confirming
2 wears them down from filibuster on scouts and sessions

KEK
that's every liberal with white guilt going to civilize the natives

>unless it gets tasked by a different department. This one is a head scratcher, as the money is still obligated.

This is a no brainer. It would go to Treasury.

>Destroy education
>Denigrate high-learning
>Fewer & fewer qualified whites
>Companies start importing immigrants by the boat-load.

As a progressive, I would love to see this happen.

>Massie believes that policymakers at the state and local levels should be responsible for education policy, instead of a federal agency
Isn't this something really fucking good?

The American public education system is an embarrassment.

Only shit parents that don't give a fuck about their kids and are looking for a babysitter send their kids into that degenerate cesspool. MS13 spics and crack niggers have turned it into a fashion show with a thriving meth and dope market. Warzones that are a living hell for any actual citizen trying to get an education.

Parents would get more value out of our tax dollars by keeping that money in our pockets and homeschooling. Hire tutors if needed, and this can be done as a group. A family or church could pool their resources. Mothers could stay home and raise good kids and make a home like they were born to do.

Abort yourself.

The poor whites are going to get fucked over just as hard as the mexicans and blacks.

Charter schools are shit. The voucher system is shit. 37% of them do significantly worse than public schools.

>A family or church could pool their resources. Mothers could stay home and raise good kids and make a home like they were born to do.

As if this nonsense actually happens in real life.

>Massie believes that policymakers at the state and local levels should be responsible for education policy

Yes, because there are no absolute morons at the local level school boards. Lets let them run the show and give them a ton of money. What could go wrong?

are my student loans nullified since I can no longer pay the DoE?

>poor whites are going to get fucked over just as hard
they voted for it lol

>I give education back to you the people

>Yes, because there are no absolute morons at the local level school boards. Lets let them run the show and give them a ton of money. What could go wrong?
Meh. I grew up in MA. The schools outside the cities there are nice af.

>implying the government running education standards is a good thing
okay, johnny retardo

This, public education does more harm than it helps. I could have blown through my K-12 curriculum in probably half the time. Much of the time in K-12 was commie, multicultural propaganda. We had to watch Remember the Titans(turbo cuck movie) like 14 times.

At least you could choose to leave a shit school.

>thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/318310-gop-lawmaker-proposes-abolishing-department-of-education

OMG YES!!

>Won't succeed

OH YES IT WILL

why should non parents pay tax to educate the children of others? (when most children would be better educated by their own parents)

no more getting stuck behind school busses

>As if this nonsense actually happens in real life.
Even if none of it happens, it's still better than public school.

37% do worse than what percent of public schools?

>This, public education does more harm than it helps.

it's entire purpose is the brainwash people into being good consumers, people who buy because of their feels without thinking or planning

this has the knock down effect of breaking up families

youtube.com/watch?v=fWkxvIaKsFU

Can you stop hating trump now because he just did what Bernie couldn't do and give you free college.

>Say thank you to your President.

>Destroy education

What did you do pre-1980 and what was wrong with it?

Have you listened to her speak? Did you watch the hearings? She's absolutely unqualified, she's outright slow. I'm all for scrapping the dept of ed but shit you honestly think this woman is smart enough to hold any kind of serious position private or public sector? What make's you think a woman is qualified for any cabinet position are you some kind of feminist?

>Won't succeed
WRONG TIMELINE, FUCKO

SHADILAY

archive.nevadajournal.com/nj98/05/prussian.htm

It was engineered to break down family power. The American education system is based on the Prussian education system. It was implemented after Napoleon wrecked Prussia, and saw much of it's own side flock to the freedom fighter's side(Napoleon). The goal is to produce obedient serfs. Kindergarten gets you to see the state as your mother. The shoulder to shoulder classrooms mimic soldier's ranks. Childhood is extended by several years, to instill an obedient mindset. You're forced to constantly ask permission to do anything, and subject to social humiliation for politically incorrect thought. The whole thing is fucking evil.

If Trump is going to start cutting entire departments, he should start with HUD.

>Bye bye section 8 niggers and housing projects.

>smart
You don't have to be smart to be a teacher. Why should you have to be smart to be secretary of education?
I recently got a B.A. in history. A friend of mine was getting a similar degree but also studying education. She told me that she was writing a paper about the history of conservatism. I suggested that she look into Edmund Burke and William F. Buckley because of their places within the history of conservative thought. She had no idea what I was talking about.
Meanwhile, eight months after we graduated from college, she has a full-time job teaching retarded elementary schoolers while I work 25 hours a week, 30 if I'm lucky.
Education isn't about being smarter than the people you're educating, it's about imparting social norms as much as anything. Public school serves to keep kids off the street, employing professional educators, and distributing propaganda to malleable minds. Any good that it does in terms of producing knowledge or experts is incidental; most of this is done in specialized departments or institutions, to which there are many barriers barring entry.

How to fix k-12 education
>get rid of tenure
>separate tracks for votech education or university prep around 6th/7th grade
>allow advanced students to start taking university level courses as early as possible
>funnel lesser students into job training programs where they can still be productive and earn a livable wage
>evaluation of teachers by trained individuals rather than test scores
seriously by around 11 or 12 it's pretty clear what a child's intellectual potential is, send the smart one's on to get advanced degrees, send the dumb one's to job training programs where they can lead productive and fruitful lives without accumulating massive amount of debt and becoming a whining neet because they couldnt get a marketable degree.

Wrong. Charters are absolutely better than public schools.

Going to Catholic school was probably the best thing that ever happened to me.

you could choose to leave a shit school but it doesn't necessarily mean you will get accepted to the school you want.

the loopholes already in place allow charter schools to choose the students they want.

yeah. this is why I want it to happen and I want them to suffer.

Nope.

The group portrait shows wide variation in performance.The study reveals that a decent fraction
of charter schools, 17 percent, provide superior education opportunities for their students.
Nearly half of the charter schools nationwide have results that are no different from the local
public school options and over a third, 37 percent, deliver learning results that are significantly
worse than their student would have realized had they remained in traditional public schools.
These findings underlie the parallel findings of significant state‐by‐state differences in charter
school performance and in the national aggregate performance of charter schools. The policy
challenge is how to deal constructively with varying levels of performance today and into the
future.

that would be so awesome. dept of education is completely useless money pit.

wrong

G-guys

This. I've only had a handful of outstanding teachers in my K-12 public school education and almost all of them were men. Most teachers are mediocre women who don't really teach any kind of critical thinking, just babysit and spread leftist propaganda onto impressionable minds.

>when life is now a rerun of Yes Prime Minister: A Comprehensive Education

Honestly they should remove public schools entirely and privatize education. Only those that can pay deserve to know anything

>Won't succeed
republican

controlled

CONGRESS

I don't disagree with any of these points
Satan user delivers

Art of the deal is an homage to Sun Tzu, just business instead of war.

Lmao it still amazes me that people think he doesn't read.

Pulling off brilliant shit while people continue to underestimate him, assuming his blunt manner of speaking is a reflection of his IQ.

>If the fed really pulls out of block grants, education goes Wild West.
Good. Public education is cancer right now. It should be left up to the states. Shit like the ADA is fucking awful because normal functioning kids are forced into classes with freaks and cripples who somehow "deserve" an education despite being lesser

>Less government control over our education system
>Fags think this is a bad thing

fucking genius

Trump undoubtedly has a high IQ, but by all accounts he does not like to read.

Someone should tell those uneducated bigots that red face is insensitive to native Americans.

>rerun of Yes Prime Minister

Damn that was a good show.

At least reality is entertaining now. I've been bored for 8 years.

Can we get some installed strongmen to shore up the middle east too?

to be fair i think thats on his hit list, just lower priority since he put a freeze on all the agency.

>Not knowing about ghost writers

I honestly hope they try. They won't like the results.

This too. Moved to a coastal city recently and saw my first nigger families. There's a rundown house in the middle of a nice suburb where the niggers haven't watered anything. The whole lawn is dying. Black crackheads legit scavenge the bushes for copper. I'd be so pissed off if my neighborhood was section 8'd.

>destroy education
Yeah, thanks Dems. Now Trump will clean up the mess.

You lefties are so dependent on the Federal government that you think education ceases to exist if there isnt a department for it.

Lmao

This sounds like how the worlds in those terrible teen novels begin.

>smart kids become overlord race
>dumb kids become pleb poor race
>kids being separated by intelligence
>dumb kids get less opportunity and resources
>dumb kids eventually overthrow smart kids by starting a resistance

Donald Trump got tired of trashing Barry Obama's legacy so he's going off Jimmy Carter's too.

Wew.

> Bring in someone liberals really hate into department of ed
> now give them option to take down department of ed altogether and give power back to region
> no more diversity quota
> good district can choose to take in kids in their own district who will perform
> Democrat can't decide to support nor fight against this bill

Goddamn liberals don't take a fucking break, why does the home schooled student have to be a roasty? This shit's gotta stop.

Ideally all teacher's would be intelligent yes, especially those teaching kids over 8, and yeah I think the sec of education should be intelligent, i don't think unintelligent people should have the power to make decisions that affect anyone's lives especially children. Fair point amount the social norms part, I understand that part of the purpose of school is to teach people how to behave socially, but the public school system currently does a huge disservice to smart kids, especially in poor districts. Young minds can absorb incredible amounts of information. I went through k-12 in upstate NY in a poor school district, completely bored and not challenged at all, and had a 98 gpa on a 100 scale. Got a scholarship to a decent school and found out that I had a below average amount of knowledge/schooling. I went from being top 1% where the teaachers told me to go chill and do what I felt like, to hjaving to try for the first time in my life and being behind the curve. If I had a public elementary/high school curriculum that wasn't a complete joke taught be stupid people I could have attained a much greater set of skills in my younger years rather than play catch up once I hit university.

Hey Satan, you stole my plan!

Seriously though, even in Sweden, the biggest barrier to a functioning educational system is that we lump the smart with the dumb and make the smart wait for nothing.

With nothing to stimulate them, you lose most of the kids with potential before they even reach uni level. They get burnt out or so bored they never learn how to study, because they haven't had to. They're just sitting out the school year.

If you make the point of education reaching your potential as fast as you can it'll change the entire system. No mandatory years, just mandatory requirements to proceed.

If you do that right you can also get more competition. What if it turns out smart kids just need a couple of tutors and can blaze through the programs on their own. You're just keeping them in the school environment for shits and giggles.

Let people excel for fucks sake.

t. burnt out A-student

Can we stop letting the poor get educated now? They don't really have a need for it, plus we do need people to dig ditches

charter schools are literally the best thing to happen to nola post katrina

pretty much th eonly thing jindal did right

when do you run for office? i'll vote for you.

Do you think public school is important for children to learn social skills as well? I know some make that argument but I always felt that public school breeds bad social skills. I feel like school led me to focus less on doing well and preparing my self for the future and more on trying to please people who I don't even talk to in my adult years.

Art of the Deal was ghost written and isn't an homage to art of war. Was your post ironic?

>Ideally all teacher's would be intelligent yes,
I didn't ask you about your fucking Platonic utopia, did I?
>i don't think unintelligent people should have the power to make decisions that affect anyone's lives especially children
Read Hume
>If I had a public elementary/high school curriculum that wasn't a complete joke taught be stupid people I could have attained a much greater set of skills in my younger years rather than play catch up once I hit university.
No you couldn't have--maybe, if you'd gone to a private school, you could have. Unfortunately, you were poor. Fortunately, you got scholarships and went to college. Unfortunately, you didn't realize how average you were until you left high school--which says more about why we should abolish the department of education than anyone in Congress ever could.

Section 8 is just an other way to segregate blacks and prevent them from integrating by creating "black neighborhoods" This has to be put to an end.

Public School is awful in general. It ruins children and ruins their children too. It needs to go

except what I proposed ideally has the dumber kids set up with decent jobs that contribute to society and pay them a good livable wage. I had lots of friends waste time and money in community college despite me begging them to learn to weld, do gutters/siding/windows, HVAC maintenance, or any number of useful marketable skills. Higher education is absolutely not for everyone and it's a cruel trick being pushed by those who profit from it.

Their LARPing does nothing against guns

Nice try Hillary.

Primary school yes, high school not so much. The clique system in high school doesnt teach any social skills besides "conform to this to fit in". Its especially bad for girls, they practically have to be vapid whores to be accepted, its pretty much solely responsible for why women are so fucked in the head.

>edu domain

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Nobody cares that your mommy is a public school teacher.

Thank god. This power belongs to the states.

Enough federalism.

Im a pre-med student that gets federal grants every year, is this at risk of going away?

I'm serious though. Education shouldn't be something given away for free

So instead of fixing the education system... they're going to tear it down? I don't see how this is beneficial at all.

>Why are homeschooled kids smarter?
They are majority white and care about what theyre learning
Public schools have nogs bringing down the progress of everyone and theyre only there because the law says they have to be

>destroy the Department of Education
>destroy the primary culprit of childhood indoctrination
>destroy the SOLE CULPRIT student loan usury
>destroy the primary culprit of historical revisionism
>destroy the last Ivory Tower of so-called (((educated experts)))
>this saves the children from Mk Ultra
>this keeps the Communists in DC from putting their trillion dollar student loan profit into gibsmedats and socialist programs
>this saves the barista at Cuckbucks from having to make loan repayments, and a chance to use her worthless arts degree
and yet liberals worldwide will call this an attack meant to keep our children stupid, the irony and hypocrisy will be lost on them

>Do you think public school is important for children to learn social skills as well? I know some make that argument but I always felt that public school breeds bad social skills.

Honestly I think public school and holding the smart kids back "for social skills" is just counterproductive.

High intelligence means you're more likely to have social problems and that you're bullied, which gives you a fair shot at both getting depression or other crippling issues (wasted potential) or just other forms of social issues.

Obviously being 3 years younger than other people in the smart class is going to be an issue. I just think it's an overrated problem compared to the existing problem of fucking up smart kids in regular schools.

I also think people in the smart classes are going to have an easier time getting along and relating to each other than distributing them among kids who don't relate to their interests or passions at all.

>I feel like school led me to focus less on doing well and preparing my self for the future and more on trying to please people who I don't even talk to in my adult years.

100% my experience as well. And the experience of most top percentile kids I've ever talked to.

If you're a couple of years ahead of the curve you can always spend that time gaining social skills later. Maybe you'll waste a year or two being awkward, maybe you'll never get over being awkward. So what? There are a ton of people in the workforce and in specialized niches later in uni who are complete social retards despite having done everything the regular way.

But perhaps more importantly than not wasting time, by incentivizing completing studies as quick as possible you'll finally make ideological teaching a problem.

If you have standardized tests to complete you'll quickly see which teaching methods work the best and the fastest. Wasting students time babbling about your social philosophies will show up in the stats as you being a bad teacher.

If this means public education is dead and charters/homeschooling is the only way, I'm game