US Department of Education

Why do you retards want to get rid of it? Who do you think gives you Federal Pell Grants? Take a fucking guess! Good luck getting your STEM degrees if you get rid of it Sup Forums.

To stop them making my daughter learn about butt sex at 4 years old obviously.

Well it might be the only trade she'll know if you get rid of Dept. of Education.

>Dept of Education formed in 1979
>degeneracy has been rising rapidly since the 1970s
>coincidence?

Schools ran fine, better in fact, before the DoE existed.

>government subsidizes education
>price sky rockets
>degrees become worthless
If only someone could have seen this coming

Im currently working full-time and paying cash for school. and i get gpa based scholarships from my uni so that's how you do it without stealing the money from other people. Start in a community college then transfer there are ways to go to college without grant money, also the less funding available the cheaper tuition will be to retain customers. they have to be able to afford school to attend so if its too expensive they will just lose customers.

you know that it is just a standards thing right? if youwere to get rid of it in favor of the market the quality of education has a chance at improvement

Why should education be federalized? Genuinely curious why it's not a state issue. "US" identity is the biggest load of shit...the regional divides are very apparent. Fuck nationalism, who else /confederate/?

I am not terribly researched in this subject so excuse me if I am wrong about anything. I think it right that the entire nation is to be held to some kind of standard as a whole.....but to go off of a number of centuries old teaching curriculums combined with newer "common core" stuff is just plain wrong. If they did more to think of what people need to know in life instead of sending us to the same classes over and over, we would be much better (say replace having several middle school years of MOP with some government/economics class and an intro to programming so everyone can live in TODAY"S world)

Because why should a bunch of bureaucrats in Washington DC get to decide how children are taught in California?

teaching to the test exists because of the DoE. Remove the sheckles from the states and you will see states innovate rather than conform

Because the bureaucracy and scale of national standard making inhibits positive change

Lets not be a bunch of hasty "diversity rules" liberals. A less strict set of requirements may due rather than abolishing any and all on the federal level

>mfw all the loans I owe to the DoE will be written off
>Trump is helping me piss off both libs and conservatives

Fuck the federal gov't they are literally everything wrong in this country and Trump steps on states rights as bad as obama. Alt right fascist queers confirmed for inverse sjw. I mad.

The problem with community colleges is the generally low standards that states set for them.

Students tend to lose interest because it's not really any different than your average high school. Obviously, driven individuals won't give a shit and transfer to a 4-year school anyways, so you're right about that.

You sound like the fags that say "i can't balance a check book but at least i know what mitochondria is" kys

>Federal Pell Grants?
A Pell grant is not going to pay your tuition. You have to have dirt poor parents to even qualify for a Pell grant. By dirt poor, I mean like welfare poor. I have dealt with many people who were by definition poor, but made too much to qualify.

>Former Title 4 student loan officer

Pell grants LOL. What a joke. get the fuck out of here with that hollow argument.

Definitely not welfare poor. Lower middle class.

t. College grad who received pell grants

>t. College grad who received pell grants
How much were these grants each semester? What is the current financial cut-off for these grants? Please don't be shy. You have created a discussion, please provide us facts. Are your parents divorced etc.

Grants and Loans are based on your parent's income, not yours ever.

I don't need college to get an education. dumbass, you're using the main source of information in this day and age. use it to your advantage, and show employers what you know. you don't need papers with some assholes signature to tell people that you listend and turned in homework. you show them your skill and knowledge.

>i can't balance a check book
This is the true American Tragedy.

I received the Pell Grant. Divorced parents, mom made around $40k a year and qualified easily. It wasn't much though, only a couple hundred per term

>mom made around $40k a year and qualified easily.
Ok, this is exactly what I am saying. This is "Poor". Pell grants are a few hundred dollars toward something that costs at least a few grand a semester. It basically will cover your books.

In the late 90s, I applied for college....My father worked construction, and had a few good years and made over $60k...My mother never worked...therefore I did not qualify for grants in any way....I worked for the student loan Organization for about 5 years after highschool as a loan rep....I learned how it works, and was so terrified of owning the government for a sub-par education....

I ended up going into an apprenticeship for a skilled trade. They paid me to learn a trade, and made me worth more over a 4 year period. I don't make big bucks, but my kids won't qualify for grants either.

You're clearly younger than 25

How do you do that when employers know nothing of you?

that's not a winners mentality. if it's truly what you want, you'll figure it out. look at the guy who made minecraft. he didn't go to college, he just programmed in his room all day. or the guy who made music for minecraft. they, instead of relying on others to show his skill for them, did it themselves. Microsoft saw what he DID and bought his shit for like billions of dollars.

Wait, are we talking about finding a job or starting a company?

>Berlin Wall came down in the 70s
>communism has stopped spreading since the 70s
>hurr durr coincidence?!??!!

it doesn't require a college degree to get a job. I've had plenty. and my last point proves it doesn't require one to start or even join a business.

No Pell grants to go to school to learn Feminism and Black victimhood. How will America ever recover?

>How will America ever recover?
They may have to suck it up, and have a part time job in college AND budget to purchase their books.

Pell Grants are a drop in the fucking Bucket.

IF you're smart enough for STEM, any Private Uni will give you great Scholarships.

For me, they made going to a 30k a year Uni cheaper than a State Uni.

Don't slack off in High School, and college will be cheap.

>You're clearly younger than 25
You are very incorrect. Thanks for playing. Ill give you one more guess.

You know that not all colleges offer those meme classes right?

Networking 8/10 times gets you a job. College can be a great way to network and get the kind of job you desire. You can start a business if you want to, but in the end you need to be knowledgeable and innovative to succeed. College can help with that.

Well, slugger, when you're over 25 nobody gives a fuck about your parents' income, as you become an independent student.

Did reagan start the DoE? Just tell liberal it was a failed REPUBLIC started department and they they should be happy its gone

the internet can help you get the information and knowledge as well. unless you're a child who still needs to be babysat and told to work and learn.

>nobody commenting on this top tier banter

Last time I heard College doesnt make you go to class and learn. Please put that you recieved knowledge from the internet on your resume. Those 120k a year jobs will definitely be non-stop calling you with offers.

that's the problem. the older generations and the ignorant don't realize the internet is a great place to learn. just prove them wrong BY SHOWING THEM THE SKILL YOU LEARNED FROM THE INTERNET. the guy who made minecraft wouldn't have been able to show his skill if it wasn't for computers adn the internet. my point still stands. show them the skill and you're right. take college classes online. same concept I suppose.