How do you justify this guy's incredible fuckup in Yemen...

How do you justify this guy's incredible fuckup in Yemen? Our permission to run Special Ops missions in Yemen has been withdrawn because of this mess.

>1 SEAL dead
>2 hostages dead
>15 women and children dead
>1 US Osprey downed

He gave the go-ahead, and the buck stops with him. This deserves the Benghazi treatment.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XCtIdpBocNA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakla_raid
news.usni.org/2017/01/30/1-seal-killed-3-injured-in-raid-against-aqap-in-yemen-uss-makin-island-supported-operation
newsmax.com/Newsfront/Yemen-special-operations-raid/2017/02/07/id/772507/
reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-commando-idUSKBN15G5RX?feedType=RSS&feedName=newsOne
nydailynews.com/news/national/military-posts-old-video-yemen-raid-takes-article-1.2964659
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hurts Yemen more than it hurts us

Shut up faggot...
>Benghazi treatment
He didn't try to cover up anything.

Its a shame a Seal had to die because of a bunch of Muslims. I wouldnt trade 1 non muslim life for a billion goat fuckers

Why are we in Yemen anyways?
Why we are trying to take down terrorists there, when they are on the Saudi payroll?

Osprey is a death trap, civilians get in the crossfire, why were "civilians" in a known terrorist compound, and finally if you adjust the order you put that it it tells a slightly different story doesn't it.

>1 US Osprey downed
>1 SEAL dead
>2 hostages dead

This is Yemen trying to get more aid out of America, and being preemtpive, because it's pretty likely that one of them tipped off Al Quaida.

>This deserves the Benghazi treatment.
This is a clear sign that you know jack shit about operations. Lets play this out. Exactly what the fuck is the Benghazi treatment, and why the fuck do you think it applies here?

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

They want the media to try and crucify Trump with this like fox crucifies Hillary with Benghazi.

>Doesn't lie
>Doesn't hide
>Admits it
It is that easy, people know that people die. People know that politicians aren't perfect. But when you constantly fucking lie about it, then there is a problem.

Wasn't this because some goat-fucker sympathizer mole in our Military told them when and where we were going to attack?

Literally treason, whoever it was cost that SEAL his life.

something something sour grapes

your "known terrorist compound" was a village that the SEAL team moved on with poor intel and poor ground support.

Soldiers and innocents died unnecessarily because a mission was given a go prematurely in the higher-ups' rush to look good and show up the previous administration.

you so dumb. shill harder.

how is it a fuckup?

Oh so the media will ignore it and clinton i mean trump rolls over and goes back to sleep.

>Osprey down
Yeah well the Osprey is trash. Afaik it was an equipment failure, it wasn't shot down. The intel was good, the mission went ok. As for collateral damage that's expected when the militant's compound is also where their families live. Boo hoo. I'd rather have a bunch of jihadis' wives and kids get caught in the crossfire than US personnel getting killed because they hesitated

Oh so now Benghazi is important business?

Fuck off

What the fuck is it with SEALs and 'failed' ops?

do they do his shit on purpose to get book and movie deals?

We shouldn't have been in Yemen to begin with; Obama only began bombing them because the Saudi camelfuckers ordered him to, since the Saudi's own arab army was getting their shit pushed in by Yemenese.

The military would have recommended the mission go ahead.

It's certainly not so that the military says "uh, we are not really sure" and the president goes "DO IT!". The military recommends and the president approves. Trump just followed the military's recommendation.

Terrorist, known ones, mix in with civilian populations in the third world.

"Compound" may as well mean village with a large known terrorist population today.

Yup, now tell a blue pill shill that, good luck getting past that autistic screech barrier.

I strenuously object.

They refuse to analyze things without jumping to the conclusion that Trump is a cartoon.

AQ knew the seals were coming and ambushed them. Trump even implied there's a traitor to be found.

It's suspicious because the seal in question was one of the last surviving members of Seal Team Six before the bulk of them were killed in the 2011 shoot down incident in Afghan just months after the "death" of Bin Laden.

Yeah I dunno. Delta force conducted a mission last month that killed a senior isis militant. Nobody cared about that.

Al-Qaeda was present in Yemen even before 9/11. One of the first drone strike was conducted in Yemen.

You wouldn't let 1 American die to kill a billion Muslims?

who cares? fuck Yemen. i hope we get "denied permission" in every country in the fucking world. If we feel we need permission, it's not a grave enough situation to warrant war.

Hmmm

youtube.com/watch?v=XCtIdpBocNA

They didn't complete their objective

An american soldier died.

We've been in Yemen for years, using it as a base for counterterrorism training/intelligence-gathering/advising, until the pro-US Hadi government was forced out by Houthi rebels.

The US used Al-Anad Airbase to launch drone strikes against members of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.

Its crazy how this has been all but ignored in the MSM. I only hear about it here.

Because it's so much of a non-factor that even MSM doesn't bother.

The mainstream media is and always will be the 4th branch of the government. It's not "liberal." Just as the other checks and balances quarrel with the executive branch, so does the 4th branch of the government, the media.

Yes they did. The objective was to find intelligence from computer laptops etc. They also killed two senior leaders in the firefight.

Leave Yemen. Leave Iraq. Leave Syria. Leave Afghanistan. Leave Libya. Say we are permanently keeping the ban because keeping people out is more merciful than killing them.

I'd like to read the most accurate telling of this incident. Is that OP said true? Has our SpecOps pass been pulled in Yemen? Who pulled our ops? The Yemini government (General People's Congress)? Or are the Houthis/Ansar Allah trying to claim they have the authority to deny us ops there?

What were the circumstances that led to the Osprey going down? Did fifteen children and women die? If any, what legit targets were killed?

The information is fragmented among a lot of articles but the Wikipedia article is well-sourced:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakla_raid

The Osprey experienced a hard landing, after which it was unable to take off. No word on what caused the hard landing.

news.usni.org/2017/01/30/1-seal-killed-3-injured-in-raid-against-aqap-in-yemen-uss-makin-island-supported-operation

The Yemeni government withdrew ops privileges.

newsmax.com/Newsfront/Yemen-special-operations-raid/2017/02/07/id/772507/

>U.S. Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens was killed in the raid on a branch of al Qaeda, also known as AQAP, in al Bayda province, which the Pentagon said also killed 14 militants. However, medics at the scene said about 30 people, including 10 women and children, were killed.

reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-commando-idUSKBN15G5RX?feedType=RSS&feedName=newsOne

I hope you're trolling because these two are different things

One is taking a calculated risk

the other was apathy

great job way better than obama bombing hospitals and churches

Saudi Arabia invaded Yemen and Obama was helping them

Fuck I didn't realize trump flew to Yemen and commanded the op in person! How badass of him! Wait presidents don't do that, must've been the fault of the operation commander. Trump doesn't have direct control of every soldier in the field you mong

>Our permission to run Special Ops missions in Yemen has been withdrawn
why do you assume this wasn't the plan?
>an end to interventionist wars
are you new here, or were you jacked into (or currently working for) the propaganda outlets?
this is him playing chess, and you demonstrating a poor understanding of the subject matter you're attempting to discuss.

uh huh

Plus even with the noob Trump admin... the ops guys weren't scrubs by any means. They knew what they were doing... Somebody tipped off haj and the SEALs lost the element of surprise. They were planning this attack for a while.

ah, 15D Parcheesi

I'm looking forward to the upcoming Iran war and ISIS intervention. see you there

Why is it Trump's responsibility on this issue. it's handled by the officials specifically employed to know the ins and outs on situations like this.

This was an act of reverse terrorism. More civilians dead to spread the message that if you associate with terrorists or are even their neighbors, we'll fuck you up

>any time any sort of military operation goes awry it'll be Trump's fault from now on

Not really surprised though, we're to the point that the media is running smear pieces about whether or not Trump owns a bath robe.

Ask yourself what the right would be saying if this happened on Obama's watch. That's your answer.

Shit happens.

I really no longer sympathize with any of those middle eastern shitheads. They use women and children as meat shields, they are nothing but pure scum.

Fuck that entire area, including Israel.

FUCK THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benghazi
>non military members left to die when rescue was a phone call away, then covered up

Operation in Yemen
>military members killed in military action, quickly disclosed

>one American dies for practically no more islam

I would.

People died... in combat?
Oh no!
OP is a faggot.

benghazi benghazi benghazi benghazi benghazi benghazi benghazi benghazi benghazi benghazi benghazi benghazi benghazi benghazi

get that tool hannity on it asap

>Somebody tipped off haj
>haj

Hey Joe

I would kill myself if Islam stopped existing because of it.

CRY HARD 2: CRY ANOTHER DAY

>He didn't try to cover up anything.

They said the mission was a success and the proof they offered was a ten year old video everyone had already seen.

nydailynews.com/news/national/military-posts-old-video-yemen-raid-takes-article-1.2964659

>one unwilling hero with a family to remove kebab forever
No, couldn't do it.

>osprey
To be fair the osprey crashing is a pretty normal occurance.

>Soldiers and innocents died unnecessarily because a mission was given a go prematurely in the higher-ups' rush to look good and show up the previous administration.

Lets clear this up early on. Are you aware of Mad Dog Mathis's track record? Do you think he would ever be careless with the lives of terminal lances?

It would probably not have made the news. Can you name the last SEAL fatality to make front page news under Obama's watch?

>using ospreys

They dug their own grave.

At this point what difference does it make?