What's the statute of limitations like in new york? for misdemeanors

what's the statute of limitations like in new york? for misdemeanors

like years ago i got this hot head ass judge who was gonna give me a year for $5 worth of rx pills. bounced on that bitch and ive been living on the other side of the country.

now my grandfolks are getting old and i wanna come home and enjoy their last years with them. do i still gotta slide for 2 more years?

ny here. idk

can you drive or take a bus and pay with cash? just stay off the radar

Leaf so not at all sure, but isn't the statute just for the offense itself? Like, if you get arrested but ditch on bail, I think you're fucked.

this unless theres a statute on that too..?

Also this, lots of people with a warrant on them live normal lives. Just don't get busted for anything else.
But WTF are you doing asking pol for this shit, talk to a lawyer dumbass.

i just looked. i dont think there is.

take out a fuckton of cash, leave your cards. Stay off the radar.

i wanna ditch NY

how did you leave? What did you do? How did you find a job?

pls help im suicidal and almost broke and everyone hates me because i support trump

more like... i made a plea to complete a treatment program. but i skipped out of the program and moved cross country.

sober now for several years but i definitely skipped town

i got on the cheapest greyhound i could find and lived on the fuckin streets. i walked into a restaurant my 3rd day here and sold myself on my skillset. lied my balls off until i could afford to rent a room. now i have a nice ass condo

i do not recommend this. i spent many many nights asleep under the stars wishing i was dead. this is not an easy path

and fyi i didnt dip on bail. took a plea to enter treatment for an addiction i don't have and left from there

what did you lie your balls off about? I have a friend who will let me crash in buffalo for a little while. I could prob find lodging in cali, tacoma and maybe even texas.

i know my path wont be easy. i think a good goal would be a car so i can have a shelter if needed

where was the facility?

>tfw had a warrant in another state for over 2 years
>police rang me every few months
>"h-hey user, gonna come back to the state any time soon?"

my job. people asl questions and judge. made up a fake address and details of a fake life. the truth was that i had made a camp 100 yards from work behind a fence and would chill there every night watching movies on my phone

Why didn't you just not break the law in the first place?

Pills are really high risk.

real talk, i was just making a flip to pay my phone bill. thought it was a harmless affair.

very wrong

fuuuck that sucks

>using all that data
time to flip some more lol

no but seriously. this is inspiring to read. I'm worried I have some mental health issues that may become problematic when I'm out on my own. Any advice for keeping it together?

That's killer. Why didn't you stick with the program then?

simply became too much. i was considered a model patient before i snapped. so many groups, meetings. weekly court dates, forms to sign. too many homos staring at my dick for my 4-7 weekly drug tests. too much living in a facility full of active addicts when i truly want to be sober. was gonna kill myself

how can you prepare yourself to reenter society when you have too many legal obligations to hold a job?

I've never been in that situation so have no idea what that would have been like, but it sounds terrible. That's killer man.

If you're happy user, so am I.

i am not happy. hopeful, always. it's a strong mix of feelings. on one hand i am convinced i would have killed myself if i had not ran away. on the other hand i wish it was over and i could spend time with my grandparents

or just google statute of limitations state of NY "misdemeanor possesion" "failure to appear"

people on this board are fucking useless

You can't run from head problems user

They go with you. If you can't wake up for work now, what are you gonna do when you not only definitely lose your job, but then be miles away from help?

Misdemeanor in NY is two years, check Google.

>Simply became too much

I gave up*

Ftfy

Already lost it :)

Seriously? haha

>please respond