Hard-right people are pretty transparent on how they feel about issues like immigration, foreign policy...

Hard-right people are pretty transparent on how they feel about issues like immigration, foreign policy, environmental issues, LGBT shit, and a bunch of other issues, but I've never heard republicans (let alone red pill internet kids) explain why Betsy Devos is a good or qualified choice. Maybe this is my naïveté showing here, but I don't hear a lot of hard-right discourse on public education, so I'm coming here with the most open possible mind. Does anybody sincerely think that she's a good choice?

Other urls found in this thread:

via.fox6now.com/RfXbx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidiarity#General_principle_of_European_Union_law
watchdog.org/286143/devos-wont-commit-upholding-obama-era-guidance-sexual-assault/
washingtonexaminer.com/stop-saying-betsy-devos-is-uninformed-and-unqualified/article/2613976?custom_click=rss
breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/24/teachers-union-leaders-devastated-that-so-many-members-voted-trump/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The DoE shouldn't even fucking exist, I don't give a shit if they gave the position to a fucking potato, it'd be better than a commie fucking around in there.

Can you expand on why?

Should we literally not have schools that aren't privately owned for-profit schools?

This, publick schools are comunism. If Betsy Devos can destroy the system then more power to her. Homeschooling is the best

She doesn't have to be good to be acceptable.

>without the DoE, public education wouldn't exist!
Yeah. I'm glad trump appointed someone who makes retards (like you) and welfare queens (public school unions) mad.

Well our public school system is absolute crap. So if someone wants to offer a new soulition I'm down to hear it. Ya feel meh?

FPBP
Betsy Devos probably got the job because Trump trusts her to do the right thing which is dismantle public education.

Why do Republicans think that when a window is broken the solution is to burn the whole house down and become homeless.

Her solution is that you go to a private christian school that has tuition.

Praise Kek

put education back in the hands of the local community.
kill the federal governments ever increasing stranglehold on education.
get better educated kids.
profit.

They just announced a bill to abolish the dept of education, her competence doesn't really matter if it passes.

Any old fool can disband an agency, and her brother is in control of a large, well trained, mercenary army.

Remember when Kennedy tried to take back the country? Yeah, he didn't have any armies.

Nobody on the Right cares about Betsy DeVos running the Department of Education because nobody on the Right wants there to BE a Department of Education.

When states run their education, you get multiple states with the best education in the world (MA, CA, PA, NY, all pre-2005). When the Federal Government gets heavily involved, you get Common Core.

So why the fuck are we even a country. Why are Republicans even involved in government? Why not just split us into 50 individual countries if federal government is so evil?

Which it will cause dems were BTFO. funds get redistributed to the state's as was invisioned by our fore fathers. Trump is literally MAGA. praise kek

via.fox6now.com/RfXbx

Betsy de vos is connected to Erik prince, some knights of Malta Masonic asshole who advises trump

The department of education funded by the federal government is the broken window. Getting rid of that department and giving power to the states would be equivalent to ripping the window out and replacing it with a much better window.

10th amendment, education is not interstate commerce, unlike borders, currency, and highways. It does not need to be a federal service therefore it is left up to the states.

Because the 50 separate states within this great country are unified together under one citizenship program, giving its members access to a variety of lifestyles and environments to choose from.

It's why we're the envy of the world.

The DoE is 37 years old. We had public education running great in the USA long before 1979, people all around the world wanted to go to Ivy League schools in the 60s and 70s and those were schools filled with Americans when there was no DoE.

>I don't hear a lot of hard-right discourse on public education

that's because the education debate has shifted so absurdly far to the left over the course of many decades that actual conservative opinions aren't even welcome in polite society anymore

No, it's equivalent to ripping out the window and saying that the breeze is much nicer anyway

We make the decision about education once, because we can't trust that the correct decision will be individually made in all 50 states independently. The questions that Devos dodged proves my point. She can't even agree that schools should provide access to disabled children. What do we gain from Mississippi deciding that wheelchair kids can suck a dick?

We are the laughing stock of the world. The only people who like the states are poor people from war torn african nations.

You dont need to be educated to die of black lung from working in a coal mine.

>We make the decision about education once, because we can't trust that the correct decision will be individually made in all 50 states independently.

You don't see the irony of your position? You centralize power, it means that some years, republicans will run the show, and play poundcake all over your local school boards.

>We are the laughing stock of the world.
Good, then everyone else can stay out and Europe can pay its own military bills.

The Right is isolationist, your insults don't mean shit

I guess my mistake is assuming that Republicans are decent human beings who won't sell out the people and wipe out half the government for a bribe.

>People love us
>No they don't
>WELL I DONT EVEN CARE ANYWAY

You commonly misunderstand. We have an amazing setup and people do love us, but even under your delusion that they do not, it's still fine for us.

Nobody else matter when you are top dog with a enormous landmass and 320 million people. We're not the UK, we don't need colonies.

Can Kek be any more real? Fucking quads.
Praise Kek.

Mike "when the senate ties, I have the ayes" Pence

Yikes, you are incredibly detatched from reality.

The common defense mechanism of the Republican, when presented with a challenge, yell something insulting and run away

Niggers moved to my neighborhood en masse and ruined the school. Now I can send my kid to a better school 8 miles away with a voucher credit instead of forcing my kid to go to nigger gladiator battle every day where the teachers try to play zookeeper all day and nobody learns anything.

The left vehemently opposes vouchers because it means public educators will begin to be judged by merit rather than ethnicity or tenure.

Or public schools will just stay exactly the same and even less of the population will have a good education

I could give a fuck what happens at that shit tier fucking nigger school so long as I have the right to send my kid to a good school. It allows us to segregate ourselves.

>Public schools
>Good education
Pick one

I cannot fathom why you are so confused why everyone thinks you and your people are the scum of the earth. You are the fucking reason they became this way. You deprive them of literally every opportunity to become equal, then you're mad when they aren't prim and proper like you are. Are you actually fucking retarded? Do you really think you'll be safe when a majority of the nation is as bad as the school near you?

You being stupid doesn't mean public schools don't work.

>Why do Republicans think that when a window is broken the solution is to burn the whole house down and become homeless.

If we're doing the whole "retarded metaphor" thing, it's more like this

>Everybody lives in an apartment building. It's pretty nice actually, you all manage your own suite, some Mexican cleans the hallway, all is good.
>But then this Mexican starts shitting in the hallway instead of cleaning it. Just shitting everywhere. And on top of this he makes new rules that increase your rent if you don't start shitting in the hallway too.
>3 years later the hallway is entirely encrusted in shit and mold, it's condemned
>You: "WHY DO YOU GUYS WANT TO MOVE OUT? IT IS JUST A BIT OF SHIT WE CAN FIX THIS, WE JUST NEED A NEW MEXICAN WHO SHITS A BIT LESS, OR MAYBE ONLY SHITS IN SOME HALLWAYS OR SOMETHING IDK LET'S TRY HIRING AN INDIAN"

Please, do move out. Take all of your shitty backwards bottom tier crazy religious states and fucking leave so that people can actually get work done. If you hate it so much then fucking get out. There is no god damn reason for this nation to be in one piece, at all.

>Dumb redneck flyover states leave
>Liberal states literally starve to death within a year and descend into massive race riots when welfare is cut off and the pet minorities don't get free shit

I too want this to occur, best of luck with it my American friend!

who are you talking to? i loooove american culture, music, food, comedy, entrepreneurship, etc. you liberals are the laughing stock of the world, always complaigning and not letting people around enjoy america. you guys suck

Why would any of that happen? Democrats want to have more welfare. The only thing that would happen would be actual progress being made. It's really easy to get shit done when you don't have to fucking convince people that science and technology and trade are good things.

>Liberals don't let people enjoy America
>Conservatives literally want to block all immigration into America
>Conservatives despise every nation that isn't America
>Conservatives want to take everything away from every nation that isn't America

You're insane.

The only liberal state that's self-sufficient regarding food production is California, which is not self-sufficient when water needs are considered. You could trade for it but there goes your welfare money, after the tariffs are applied. That's not even considering energy needs or raw resource production.

That said, it's apparent that you're almost certainly shitposting and/or an obtuse ledditor so never mind.

Sorry leaf, I know your kind is frightened by progress, I'll try not to bring it up again. You won't have to worry about scary numbers any more.

If you think the current school system is *good* then you should be in favor of federal education, since that basically amounts to nothing changing.

If you think it's bad, you could argue for federal changes or state-run schooling, which tends to be more experimental.

The primary benefit is that states can compare methods with each other and pick those they like.

t. poorfag liberal arts major, am I right? kek

ive met some pretty nice conservatives and what i found after talking to them was:
>they want legal immigration and to defend america's sovereignty which is not a bad thing.
>like every other person in every other country, i dont think conservatives despise or love any other nation, i dont think they really care, they are focused on america like mexicans are focused on mexico etc
>i think thats america's policy since like forever, it doesnt matter if they are republican or democrat, america became the police of the world and took advantage and your government doesnt care what the public thinks or in your case feels.
i consume a lot of information from r/politics to the r/the_donald and the usual stuff like cnn and fox news and liberals dont have a chance.

Again, the favorite tactic of the idiot Republican, make up random shit, pretend you're right, yell out something insulting, and run away.

I've got $25k in the bank and make $75k a year, and I'm 25, so it only goes up from here. The only reason I give a shit about any of this is because I want my kid and my kids friends to have the chances I did. I went to public school and got a fucking great education where I learned how to value things like knowledge and intelligence. I know that means absolutely nothing to you and people like you who fear smart people because it makes you feel inadequate, but making everyone else as dumb as you isn't the solution.

>Republican

Please tell me more about the Canadian Republican Party, my illiterate newfag friend.

>$25k in the bank
>$75k a year

pic fucking related, top kek stop talking to me you filthy plebeian

honest question: why do you think she's a poor choice? and why are you so worried?

Ur on Sup Forums m8 nobody runs away.

Point one is obviously not true, as Republicans are strongly against even legal immigration from brown people. My proof is literally the biggest item in the news right now, people who have legal right to enter the states being banned because they're from a brown country

Point two is also clearly false, because of point one, and because of the random hatred towards countries like China and Mexico. Half of the Republican platform is FUCK OTHER COUNTRIES

Point three is fucking because of conservatives and republicans. Obama was TRYING to get our troops OUT of the middle east, but Trump is for some fucking reason trying to find more excuses to send people to war, this time against Iran.

Pasi is disappointed

Many people have. You obviously haven't done the research.

Democrat Joe Lieberman vouched for her in her hearing, and she had a South Carolina Senator there for her as well. Go watch her hearing.

You're arguing in favor of the Republican platform. Suddenly American terms don't apply to American politics? If you support the Republicans platform then that's what you are.

And I'm real sure you're in the position to be laughing about me making more than you. You're the one who brought it up, so pretending is just embarrassing.

learn to greentext you fucking 14yo. quit making this place shittier than it already is

They say rural people will get screwed because they have no choices other than public school anyway. Is it true? I'm not sure what to think.

>Point one is obviously not true, as Republicans are strongly against even legal immigration from brown people
this is b8
kill yourself

>Entire government is city-dwelling billionaires
>Surprised when rural working-class citizens get fucked

It's been obvious from the beginning that this is what they'd do. Distract the working-class with the promise of jobs, and while they're cheering, drain all funding from their children's schools so that you can afford a trip to Spain after your cushy government job is up.

>Americans are so subservient to the Jews that they have been tricked into believing that public education a basic part of every single civilized society is communism
kys goys

I saw something earlier saying they wanted to shutter the department of education and give the power to the individual states, if that's the case, she's just a placeholder.

How is it bait? Are you going to start chanting "fake news" at me? That is undeniably the reality of what happened. People who went through the process of legally entering the country were turned away. You have actually made it much harder to legally immigrate, making the prospect of illegal immigration seem much better and much easier. Congrats.

>We make the decision about education once, because we can't trust that the correct decision will be individually made in all 50 states independently
No, but you're a lot more likely to strike gold looking in 50 different places than just digging in one location extra hard.

You're not guaranteed the ideal option no matter if it's federally run or not, it's a false fucking dichotomy.

Because the great thing about this country is we have 50 different states with a diverse range of laws, customs, and cultures AND YET we also get the awesomeness of open borders and movement between states for all citizens, and free trade between states. The result is a 50 different governments each with their own philosophy and culture, where people can self-select wherever they want, AND be protected by the greatest military and great infrastructure between states.

It's what the EU SHOULD have been. But instead the EU became a power hungry entity that wanted to control the different countries and tell them what's they can and cannot do. The EU should have just had free trade within the EU and let the countries decide on all the other shit like immigration, laws, etc

>Obama was TRYING to get our troops OUT of the middle east
By starting to mess around in half a dozen other middle eastern countries? The fuck are you smoking?

I'll give you my two cents.

Our public education system fucking blows. It's literally indoctrination 101. Kids are growing up more fucked up and less intelligent than ever.
Devos doesn't seem to have a lot of brains -- however she shares my philosophy on school choice, breaking apart teachers unions/tenure, ending state curriculum including common core and standardized testing, moving toward a more free market education system. It just makes sense. It will create a society where kids are able to focus on what they're actually good at, and care about, rather than being loyal to the state. I'm so fucking excited that this is the direction our school system is taking. People see her as unqualified but if she's able to make this system work, within 15 years nigger culture might very well be eradicated because inner city schools are the heart and soul of the breeding grounds for it, and teachers are not held accountable because they're protected by the government. It's buillshit.

>the Republican platform

Yeah, "schools should be funded at a local level" is certainly only a part of the Republican platfor-
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidiarity#General_principle_of_European_Union_law

UH OH

Only an American liberal (or a shitposter imitating one) could be so smug about being so wrong.

>hurr durr $75k I'm so rich

I work in securities law, friendo. I made more than you during my articling year. kek. It's entirely relevant to which one of us is incorrect, other than you trying to imply I'm a dumb redneck. If I'm a dumb redneck and you make about 1/4 of my yearly gross, you must be a very, very dumb man :^)

MAYBE Mississippi school test scores fucking skyrocket when they aren't taking care of retard kids, maybe they tank, maybe nothing changes, maybe administrators embezzling all the money they save, whatever. The point is, they're free people that get to choose, and the best ideas will win out.

*irrelevant

obviously :^)

>surprised
What? Now don't misunderstand me, I don't quite care if its true or not, as I see public education as a bigger threat in general. I also think rural communities need to retain their youth as well (brain drain to cities). I just want to know what the fallout might be. But as it stands I'm also unconvinced by what you're floating my way.

Any change will be good, public education and common core today do not make kids smarter than anywhere else in the world

Personally I think the department of education should be completely removed so it's fine by me.

The best ideas don't win, the ideas that benefit the people in power win. As long as there are people who will elect an official solely based on political party, that will be the case.

>People learning is a threat
Is this actually the dark ages or some shit?

Betsy is a bad choice because she doesn't believe in our excellent public schooling system.

>Why do Republicans think that when a window is broken the solution is to burn the whole house down and become homeless.

Because you're violating the NAP and deserve to die.

>learning
>public education
I've gotta say, I've underestimated american humor.

People are on average far more educated in the modern age than at any point in history. But okay, keep greentexting your way into destroying civilization I guess

You're right, the best laws are the laws that benefit the powerful.

What is the best outcome for the powerful? That they retain power. How do they retain power? By pleasing the citizens enough to get re-elected. How do they please the citizens? By having the best set of laws possible. How do we know which sets are the best? We have 50 States to try out unique sets and we use data to see which sets work the best.

The thing that they get and that you don't is that the world doesn't only consist of rich people who can afford specialized and expensive private education.

Thanks to Mike "Purge by Surge" Pence.

They remain in power by being in a political party that aligns with the majority of the voters. That's it. Nothing else matters. Their policies are a very far off second.

>not everyone is rich

I never thought of it like that.

Probably because nobody gives a fuck about her position. There's too much federal involvement already.

Some of our schools are in pretty bad shape. Some schools teach in other languages, which causes difficulty for english speaking kids. It would be nice if we could get tax credits for alternatives. She supports alternatives. I pay a lot in taxes and it would be nice if some of it could benefit me.

Gee, if only there were a system that made them more affordable, like some sort of voucher or something.

Because there are some failing public schools that will always fail so those parents should have the chance to send their kids to a different school, and she isn't bound and compromised, so she the potential to deliver that. That's why they are going apeshit over her.

Finally, a chance to use this

>TFW when you realize that Sup Forums is full of a bunch of autistic teenagers who didn't attend school when th No Child Left Behind program was in place.
I used to fear for the future but now I can't help but laugh at how bad this shit is going to blow up in their face.

I've never seen being educated as worthy end in itself, And what good is having more money if the society you use it in is trying to destroy itself in one way or another.

You know what's even more affordable? The system every single civilized nation on earth has, which is public education.

watchdog.org/286143/devos-wont-commit-upholding-obama-era-guidance-sexual-assault/

washingtonexaminer.com/stop-saying-betsy-devos-is-uninformed-and-unqualified/article/2613976?custom_click=rss

breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/24/teachers-union-leaders-devastated-that-so-many-members-voted-trump/

The Dems take a lot of money from the Teachers Union, the Unions don't want their bullshit called out by DeVos so they used their influence over the Dems to try and shut her down.

Holy shit, Dick Durbin went to school in E. St. Louis??

How is he still alive??

There's something even more affordable than that.
No education whatsoever. Which frankly isn't all that different.

You're using a false equivalency. Dipshit. And public schools aren't necessarily cheap, their costs are just more obscured since they're paid through taxes.

Why are you people just lying through your teeth like you know anything at all? Public education has led to more people being more educated than ever before. Why do you think otherwise? Why do you not understand historical perspective?

>DeVos is not good or qualified!

Getting real tired of this shill narrative today.

If you did even basic research instead of just repeating something you saw on reddit, you'd know that of ALL the Secretaries of Education, only 2 or 3 had actual experience in the field of education.

Many of the remainder were simply career politicians with no special interest in education.

DeVos is actually in the select minority to be have been Education be her driving passion and something she's put a lot of activism and thought into.

I'm willing to try her ideas. They may work, they may fail, but it could hardly fail worse than common core or our garbage public systems.

have had, not have been, I must be tired

>Believes people are incompetent because of lack of education.
>Wants to take away what little education they get.
This is going to end well.

If she can privatize schools AND not shove the cost off onto families, it would be great.
Besides, having less government involvement in schools should satisfy the liberals complaining about too much creationism or whatever in schools.