Does Sup Forums Support Assisted Suicide Laws?

archive.is/nSnB6

Ur hero Jason Chaffetz is trying to get D.C.'s overturned.

I don't give a shit if an adult pays somebody to give them so much morphing they od I don't care

Sup Forums supports non-White suicides.

Let me guess.
Only white people is allowed to participate, right?

i don't. too much risk. we'd have to put the (((psychologists))) in charge of saying who's depressed and who's not. now they get to choose who lives or dies?
if someone wants to die, just let them off themselves on their own.
keeping suicide illegal allows authorities to save lives

Chaffetz is a fag, if you have a terminal illness a doctor should be allowed to help you end your suffering.

Suicide is the intellectuals way to fast track his destiny,
because it kills you to be surrounded by retards 24/7.

But it should be illegal for stupid people since they are slaves to the globalists.
A suicide would destroy the Globalist property.

>reddit creaming over GoFundMe pages asking for donations to become an hero
>entire slews of Tumblr pages dedicated to the same thing
>NEETs, ugmos, fatties and emotionally disturbed people offing themselves left and right

I fucking LOVE this timeline.

Exactly, this is Christfaggotry at its worst.

It isn't for depressed people yet as far as I'm aware. More so it's for people who've got advanced cancer, dementia, Alzheimer's, and other fatal or fucked diseases.

you have to go back. don't give (((doctors))) any more power to say who lives or dies

He's Mormon, so no surprise.

Ideally I'd support it in extreme situations of uncurable and terminal diseases in which the patient is in excrutiating pain, but I recognize that if you "open the floodgates" it probably will end up like the Netherlands where pretty much anyone can just pop in and get killed for being depressed. Society gets desensitized to it and suddenly groups start pushing towards further liberalizing it. It's a very real slippery slope so in practice I am against it.

>keeping suicide illegal allows authorities to save lives
what punishment should suicide have? like in both cases, when the attempt fails and succeeds
asking unironically

That is actually the bible shitting conservative version of identity politics that gave such a large swing towards the left from 2006-2012.

Different costume, same cancer.

The right to die should be right up there with freedom of speech and the right to reproduce. We should be allowing people to terminate their lives cleanly and safely instead of jumping into traffic or blowing their brains out.

>defending terminal cancer

I'd have no reservations if it didn't have the potential for snowballing

>Assisted Suicide
Lets call things by their real names: its murder.

You have to limit it to terminal ill and not live worthy conditions (like permanent extreme pain...).
We have assisted suicide since 30 years or so and it's pretty good. Need a idenpendent doc to confirm the condition and some legal paperwork...
cons pushed for a ban, some group pushed for a liberalisation that anyone can one off them anytime in both cases the population told both to fuck off with a 80%+ no vote in the referendum and nobody tried to fuck with it since.

Its for terminally ill patients, giving them an option for an earlier less painful and quicker death.

it's not a punishment, it's just if someone is about to jump off a building, the police have the right to tackle him before he does

i understand who it is for, but in practice, you're giving doctors and the government more power to say who lives and dies

No you're not, you're giving a dying person the possibility of having a quick painfree death, if authorized by a medical examiner that deems this person "Yup, you've got about 2 weeks of horrible pain until your body shuts down for good"

This. Saw my mom die from cancer. Was a fucking terrible way to go. A morphine overdose would've been mercy.

I don't know a single person who has seen a close loved one die who is against assisted suicide. The only people for it are hypocrites who love moralizing on other people's lives. If they got terminal cancer they would be first in line for a suicide pill to stop the pain.

>what punishment should suicide have?

The punishment for suicide is death.

t. Mel Brooks

>The punishment for suicide is death.
>t. Mel Brooks
And punishment for "attempted suicide" will be life in prison?