French Foreign Legion

Fellow frogs and pol/sac experts, what are your thoughts on FFL? Are they the best out there or they are grossly exaggerated?

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/culture/2012/12/french-foreign-legion-expendables
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I never got why shitskins would die for my country tbqh

It makes no sense. You'd think people would be lining up to die for America, but they want to die for the freaking French, of all people.

>You'd think people would be lining up to die for America
I would if I could.
When's congress going to issue letters of marque?

Only loser deadbeat losers join the FFL, like my alcoholic uncle

We have lots of non-citizens serving in order to get their citizenship. We just don't broadcast it.

Not sure what went wrong here

do people die in the foreign legion still?
from what ive heard its more like a five year round the world trip where you get in excellent shape, learn french and come home and live a normal life afterwards

you can even have a computer and a cell phone afaik

they're pretty good.
disgusting, vive la france.

With all your niggers and spics in your army, I'd say your regular army is already a foreign legion

But America's recruiting system is way more harder than FFL. Maybe people would join American armies if they dont have such a strict policy to get in.

I have heard that French people look down on FFL soldiers and has a massive disdain for them. Is that true tho?

They don't have the budget to fire their rifles more than once a year.

Only leftards and Muslims

Well, some very few people (especially liberals) still see the army as really accessible, like the gov would tell you shoot some niggers and you'll get some money to be a fascist

FFL accelerates this mindset, but overall, people just see them as pure killing machines, or sometimes as we call it ''chair à canon'' which is meat to be shot on the frontline

bullshit, brother is in army, he shoots fucking everytime and send me cool vids, I'm pretty sure FFL has money to do that

So you mean only leftards and Muslims hate the FFL. Well, French are known for pussies, and thats why they need people with balls from other countries to fight for them.

A lot of chinks, niggers and slavs. Good soldiers but not better than para and moutain troups. We put them in first line so the die on the IED. Always bros with the regular soldiers.

yeah, okay, Finland

Your country's pretty much irrelevant while we are the fifth most powerful country in the world, so I don't know why you're hurting yourself like that

Is that actually allowed? Can anyone just come to the US to serve and get citizenship?

Is the paycheck in the FFL good for recruits or is it shit?

1280€ for any starters, I think it's like that for both FFL and the regular army

Well, Liberals really hate and dislike everything that's slightly different than their ideas. Fuck them.

You sound like as if you only care more the paycheck than the experience itself. Its a shitty pay, the experience is awesome.

I just some stuff on their website. Looks like a good choice for someone who doesn't know what to do with their life.

Better than what i'm earning kek

Well, I just answered his question, wtf are you talking about

sorry frog, responded to the wrong post. Bear with me frog, I'm just typical mongol drunk posting and all.

excuse my ignorance, but wtf is that flag tho? where are you from?

>flag
It's cyprus.
>where are you from?
r-russia, pls no bully drunk mongol brother, i come in peace

I just finished a book about norwegians in the FFL.
It covered a guy that joined when he was 16 years, he was in the FFL for 10 years, 1946 - 1956, so he got to see action as a paratrooper in Vietnam.

FFL sounds brutal, not only are they expected to go to places where French forces dont want to waste their own troops and are regarded as worthless despite being great soldiers.

The ones that join do it either for adventure or to escape prosecution from other countries, this means that the legion has to be strict in order to break down recruits and develope discipline and team-spirit.

What's the name of the book?

Most hardcore cunts in the French army, among the most hardcore cunts in the world. Helps that they are not French.

>Are they the best out there
FFL is basically the meat wall of the western world. Good soldiers though.

I think it was
"Fremmedlegion er vårt fedreland" whichs translates to "The foreign legion is our fatherland". It was written by Jan Bjorkelund. I dont know if it exists in english though.

Citizenship, though not gaurentees from service, if requested it usually is granted.

After 20 years...

Soldiers of FFL are killing machines, they could kill a bodybuilder with a coffee cup.

>Helps that they are not French

Well, after 5 years they got their French citizenship. So basically they are naturalized Frenches.

See you at the FFL, I'm going to join them, just in case the Russian bear invade our country.

How many of them died in Iraq or Vietnam war comparing to Americans? I have read that they mainly work in Africa and that most African countries are not as brutal as say the middle east. Input me some more info Sven.

lol.....so if you are a bodybuilder and FFL soldier, can you kill the God himself??

>I have heard that French people look down on FFL soldiers and has a massive disdain for them. Is that true tho?

Absolutely wrong. It's the most famous, respected and well liked army corps. They get the greatest sheers during parades.

Kek

I'll probably end up joining them. When do you plan on joining?

I have thought a lot about joining desu. Watched all the documentaries and read stuff about the FFL.

I'm just fearful they wouldn't accept me. From what I understand they prefer Slavs and third worlders because for them the FFL salary is really worth it, so they're prepared to give what it takes. If you're a westerner, you'd better have a military background already. I speak French though so maybe that is my foot between the door

Your general health is also more important than your physical condition when you arrive.

planning at summer 2018 after the world cup. You?

A finn bro is coming to strengthen your army soon.

>You'd think people would be lining up to die for America
You mean the jews

I'm joining for the sake of salary. I could really give a fuck about the salary, but i'm obsessed the idea, the discipline, the lifestyle, the brotherhood bond, and thats why i'm planning to join.

Don't romanticize it. They're worse than they used to be.

vanityfair.com/culture/2012/12/french-foreign-legion-expendables

I dont know about the entire vietnam war, but during the siege of Dien Bien Phu which lasted for 55 days, the FFL

>Lost 2000 men
>4000 wounded
>10 000 taken captive

I don't care about the salary either mate. You don't do a thing like that for the money, you do it for the expierence.

I was just saying that being a westerner (I don't know if Fins classify as westerners) is not an advantage. Most recruits are Slavs and sudacas. Like I said, they just look at your physical and mental capacity, not at your current physical state

>the mission’s commander—a middle-aged Belgian named Stevens who had been a legionnaire for years and had recently become a lieutenant. Stevens spoke Dutch, German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Latin, and ancient Greek. He was a mathematician and ballistics engineer by training but had decided to become a paratrooper instead.

Based

Also 2018. Just don't tell them that I'm a Russian spy with hacking abilities

tried getting in and didn't make the selection. out of about three hundred of us that were there, they only took in around ten. and that's only to put them through basic training -- they don't all get through that either. they picked the people that looked the most fucking batshit, the muscled up types with the tear tattoos next to their eyes. yes, they're pretty hardcore.

Its a standard French army unit recieving the same level of training you would get as a citizen joining the French military. Plus it has record amounts of niggers from colonies who want that sweet citizenship.

Got Busted! You Russian you! see you the other side mate

Well, I understand what you mean, mostly FFL soldiers are people who had no options, and as a Westerner, you automatically have an alternative option, if you are jobless, you can still live a decent life comparing to the ones coming from Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
I dont know if Finland considered as a Westerner, but we're one of the best countries to live in. We're mongols I guess..

topjej

fuck off, burger, you dumb fat soldiers are killed in numbers by barefooted cavemen in the desert.

Well, manlets are not allowed. I see
>Fucking batshit.....checked. raped and torured people
>Muscled up typed....checked. Roided up, well semi roided. I only did two cycles.
>Tattoos.....Just no, that's degeneracy

>as a Westerner, you automatically have an alternative option

Yes this definetely. I think they either just want people who see the FFL as their last ressort to make something out of their lives or people who are so poor that the FFL is the best option they have carreer-wise

How were the tests? How was the gestapo?

P.s, what was the selection tho? what kind of training they made you do it?

Holy fuck. Do you have a criminal record?

Running and trecking are the most important aspect in basic, but I could be wrong

Interesting. Do tell more.

Will probably see you there, pekka

>raped and tortured people
I'm kinda scared desu

Kind of small criminal records. Like I said, I once raped my gf and then beat her up occasionally. Not that a biggie tho.

You're a fucking Russian, you are not meant to be scared and shit.

you dont seem to provide any information about the test or anything, but I have watched almost all of the FFL training programes, and the soldiers looked your average dude in the streets. Some of them are quite out of shape looking. So, I'm not buying your story about the muscled up badass looking bullshit.

Just dont end up in the penal battalion when you get there m88

>You're a fucking Russian, you are not meant to be scared and shit.
True

Typical Frenchies, have everyone fight your battles for you

We wouldn't have our independence if the French did not help us. The French also did pretty good during WWI. They got BTFO in WW2 due to shitty leadership.

I think you are right.
What they want is people with potential.
They consider their training will make you a great soldier, but you need to be ready to it, and have the will to make it.
Also it's not necessary to be very smart. They want to know if you will run 20km with a 20kg backpack in the mountains and come back with a smile on your face.
At least that's how i see it. They are the best soldiers here though and usually "go first".

I remember some documentary about them. In some place in afghanistan, they were surounded by some taliban or something, and the journalist was interviewing the captain :
the journalist was like "hey what's happening now ?" and the guy was standing with that big smile, answearing while bullets were going *pew pew* around him, and he was like "yeah they are around us, but np *pew pew* *hey mike free fire with that mortar* we know their positions and *boom* it's ok"

>te] [Auto] 1 new post
Thank you Frog! This is what I want to hear.
I'm going to do a six months of hard training and preparation for this. I want it so bad. Also, do French qt dig FFL soldiers or they think that they are somewhat mercenary degenerates?

said the bitches who cried for help in afghanistan and irak

Don't mind the fat dumb American, they always want a help and never go a single war by themselves. Even in Vietnam they asked Australian bogans to help them out.

You're going to be in a unit of a bunch of different nationalities with know real mission or feeling of brotherhood.

And then you'll be stationed with them in them in some African shithole, getting bad stomach viruses and taking potshots from rebel groups.

If you want to be a mercenary, there's more higher paying private companies than going into the FFL.

t. 0203 who almost went through it

People are lining up to die for America around the world.

You can get citizenship via enlistment.

I don't know for the girls x) they usually like uniforms, but i don't know if they know much about the legion.
Glad to hear that ; just don't romanticize it too much ; you may not see action very often, since there is no big conflict now.

That's fucking stupid then.

When you watch US SOF unit (meaning they are the best in the world) documentaries you quickly figure out that the ones who cut it come in all shapes and sizes.

Then you have the special, special ones who are counter terrorism and are the best of the best of the best. And the one that's hailed the most on /k/ that applies to this, Vinning, literally looks like Bill Gates.

not wrong.
about the brotherhood they do their best to create it.

every special units think they are the best units.

At this point, why would a white person want to die for your country?

and your country's "soldiers" sit at home doing nothing but practicing marching for parades.

At least we're out fighting

I want you to have this, you deserve it champ

prepare to be 2nd

It'll never happen, I still love you greatest ally

Take that back! They also go camping and earn awards for tying knots like our boy scouts do.

i dont give shit, im going in september

Going to where? Are you planning to join the FFL?

Fast track back to Europe for Americans giving up, that being said, I understand they'll often send the FFL in when they don't want to send their own French people in so it's likely to end up finally becoming French only to end up in a bodybag

yup fellow mongrel

that anime was pretty comfy
didn't like that girl though since she was annoying as shit
sakura or whatever was cute tho

>Are they the best out there

Do people actually believe this? Are you insane or just retarded?

I used to eat up info on the FFL, from what I understand, you're best off obviously following orders to a t, but also it must be clear that you have a reason to be there, a lot of the rejected people have tended to either be over romantacizing the idea of joining and make it obvious or act like complete pricks, just play it cool

See you there comrade. I will be there next year

You guys almost impossible for us Europeans to join your army, so we're going to stregthen the frogs and hopefully fuck some frog pussy

I don't blame you at all, you'd be joining a sinking ship with us anyways. Trump can only fix so much.

a cousin from my mother was in the ffl tough guy

Full of Asians and balkan muzzies.

h-hope we make it
yup obviously, main reason is money, i know its gonna be pretty shit, ive been in mantadory service so i know, but whatever, i have no skills whatsoever and dirt poor top of that

can't hear you, you're too far.

You don't have a foreign legion. I heard you let foreigners into your Marines in exchange for citizenship. Makes sense really to me.

They are constantly involved in high risk conflict zones. Likely some of the best. I wouldn't compare them to special forces though. They're too regimented.

It's for the lost and the desperate. The last stop before suicide.

so are you saying around 10 cavemen to the soldier?
not bad mileage

They have to have permanent residency and can only enlist. Our commissioned officers have to be US citizens.

But you have to learn french...