twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

pirates are scum

Beating the kikes at their own game. It's just

jobs get automated, media gets digitized

get used to it

Software isnt tangible

>you will never plunder and burn merchant ships with your pirate bros

I'd rather talk about that show, honestly.

I miss it.

>you can't steal anything on the internet
seriously nigger

I do it all the time i even print assault weapons with my printer

theft prevents someone else from purchasing a product

piracy does not

"""intellectual""" """"property"""" is a spook

Shit, now I have something to actually say to moral fags when they say it's theft

People may complain that some are just getting the cracked data of whatever product instead of paying for it.

This, however, does not account for our globalized world where people throughout the entire globe can get online and pay for whatever digital product.

So while there is an increase in people that just obtain their product without pay, more people indulge in said product due to the ease of access via the world wide web.

tl;dr cry me a river

Absolutely based
Why what's your view on pirates?

piracy is unauthorized use, something doesn't have to be tangible for it to be stolen.

You know what else is theft?

Taxation.

Me too user, Me too

Software is effectively post-scarcity.

pirating software is immoral, niggerish behavior that is no better than stealing.

I read some shit Paul Stanley from kiss said
> hurt durr, you wouldn't steal a hamburger or a car, why would you steal an album
Retarded. Yeah, you wouldn't steal a hamburger. But if you copy the recipe with your own ingredients to make the same hamburger, it isn't stealing it.

As I've gotten older I've started to turn against it.

Paying for shit forces you to make a value decision about what you're putting in your brain.

Not that I don't still do it, but I've begun to wonder if getting things for free doesn't lower my standards.

making a copy of something isn't stealing, it's like saying if I go to a store, see a styalized wood carving of a frog I like, go home and carve that design myself, I've stolen from the store because if I hadn't made that copy I miiiiiight have bought their frog carving

actually that probably would be breaching some autistic patent law but thats also illigitimate

Piracy isn't theft
Still wrong, but it's a distinctly different thing

Yarrr

literally a victimless crime

whether i pirate something or not, the creator still gets no money

what do you think about screencapturing something you stream? the only digital difference between a stream and a download is whether it writes to your disk or not. it's essentially the evolution of sticking a tape in the VCR and recording a movie off of your TV

That's funny, because last I checked, piracy prevents you from buying the product.

>piracy prevents you from buying the product.
what mental gymnastics lead you to this conclusion? i've pirated many products before purchasing them after deeming them worthy

Great, then I don't have a problem with buying something after pirating it, because now you have bought it. If you don't pay for it, then pirating has prevented you from buying the product.

I miss recording vhs tapes of made-for-tv movies

Not if you were never going to buy it. And it's not preventing someone else from buying it, because it's not on the shelf anymore.

I pirate everything IDGAF

If you're dumb/smart enough to put something in to the physical reality, it's fair game.

>victim blaming

I agree, it doesn't prevent you from buying it if you weren't going to buy it in the first place. But theft is not defined by whether or not someone else was going to buy something. If you steal a candybar from a gas station that would have been thrown away in a month because it's unpopular, it's still stealing because you can't be sure nobody was going to buy it.
The fact that you wanted it in the first place is made clear by the fact that you pirated it, so you can't be sure you wouldn't have bought it eventually.

piracy isn't theft. it's piracy, which is then up to the individual if they're okay with.
If I can get something for free and then spend that money on shit I can't get for free that helps me enjoy life I'm absolutely going to save the money.

If I can't get something digital for free on the internet, I'm not going to watch/use/listen to it.

>pirate photoshop for making a few edits
>almost never touch it again
Nobody should be forced to pay a few hundred dollars for something they will only use a few times.
Especially in the case of Photoshop, piracy is morally fine

This, must be my (((Dutch))) genes

Was going UP the best business plan of all time?

Agreed, I only pirate when the product is no longer able to be purchased, or for trying before I buy.

I also agree that nobody should be forced to pay a few hundred dollars for something unimportant they will only use a few times. Good thing nobody's forced!

There's an incredible amount of work, technical details, in-depth research for complicated algorithms, development, and coding that goes into photoshop. It's a very large scale project.
If you don't want to pay several hundred dollars for it, you can download GIMP or something instead. There are viable alternatives.

Colleges try to force students to buy their shitty self written textbooks when the information is free on the internet.
As if I'm paying $500 for a calculus book.

Or u can just pirate photoshop u noob fagit

fun as hell yo

Was ed edd n eddy the greatest satire of capitalism on tv?

they need to update their business model then

steam makes tons of money off games because they have a convenient delivery system which attracts more than enough users to offset piracy "losses"

People that think pirating isnt stealing have never done anything creative with media in their life.

They just consume and bitch when they don't get what they want.

The textbook industry is extremely shady. I was forced to pay $200 for a physical copy of a spanish book on loose leaf paper. Not even bound!

But if you're trying to say pirating a textbook is okay because the information is readily available online, I think that's silly. If the information is available, you don't need the textbook.

Or what's the deal? Do you need it for specific homework problems or something? Or did you print off a pdf because a physical copy is required?

They have changed to the "creative cloud" thing for newer versions actually, they charge a monthly subscription now.
Monthly subscriptions for software is practically highway robbery though

>Do you need it for specific homework problems or something
it's almost always this, or the professor teaches out of the book and goes by chapters rather than concepts

If I download an image of a painting instead of buying a print from the artist is that piracy? Literally the same thing.

>But if you're trying to say pirating a textbook is okay because the information is readily available online, I think that's silly. If the information is available, you don't need the textbook.
housing prices and tuition prices are already astoundingly and artifically high, it's only fair to save what you have left from greedy textbook publishers

>piracy is like if you were to do it yourself
except not, when you pirate music you aren't playing and recording the music yourself using your own instruments, you're obtaining ownership of something from someone without trading for the asked price without making it yourself and that's theft.

>whether i pirate something or not, the creator still gets no money
When you don't pirate something, you don't have the creator's product and the creator doesn't get money. When you pirate something, you have the creator's product and they get no money. See the difference? You have the creator's product without the creator's asking price for said product.
>.it's essentially the evolution of sticking a tape in the VCR and recording a movie off of your TV
recording shows and music for personal use is fair use, copying from someone distributing is not. When you record something on a VCR tape do you rebroadcast it and let others copy it?

Exactly, it's fine.
That's why artists watermark their shit now

If it was behind a paywall and you copied/used it anyways without paying for it yes.

Same as if you utilized a program that took thousands of man hours and millions of dollars to produce. You are in effect using a product without paying the manufacturer.

Pretty much. Gabe doesn't even care about piracy.
youtu.be/pLC_zZ5fqFk?t=1m4s

I create but unlike you I do it for the love of creation, not some kike money grubbing.

All u jews can fuck right off and you know what? Shit will still get made because humans like making shit.

>When you record something on a VCR tape do you rebroadcast it and let others copy it?
I'm that piece of shit who doesn't seed, so no, I don't even redistribute the things I pirate

Cheap excuse for no one wants to buy the shit you create. Get fucking real kid.

You're still taking things from distributors who are not authorized to distribute

damn you are a piece of shit

Yes this is what anti-pirates don't understand. The creators wouldn't be getting revenue either way. All they're doing by cracking down on piracy is eliminating their own publicity.

>See the difference? You have the creator's product without the creator's asking price for said product.
the vast majority of products are not worth the asking price

by pirating them one can pay for if deemed to be worthy

>recording shows and music for personal use is fair use, copying from someone distributing is not. When you record something on a VCR tape do you rebroadcast it and let others copy it?
since when does pirating necessitate sharing it with others?

I'll plunder your booty faggot

Publicity with people who cant afford to pay for their shit anyways? Kek

lol no, I don't even try to sell anything. not everything revolves around greed kike.

If you only create art, or music, or any matter of goods or whatever because you want money, then you are a worthless kike.

Of course being a degenerate parasite you probably don't understand a normal human thought process.

The homework is "go to chapter x and do all the odd problems," or it's an online code that costs $70 so you can access a server for one semester that only costs about $5 per visitor to maintain.

pirating is the only way you will not get ripped off by these jews.

>Weather it is buying a shitty album for 1 song.
>weather it is watching a movie and encountering kike propaganda.
>or downloading games to get the DLCs that should have came with the main content
>or downloading games to DEMO

Problem with these digital IPs (songs, movies, video games) is that you can't return them if you are dissatisfied.

If you like something buy it and support the creator.

>otherwise money not going to the creator especially indie devs is just wrong.

1-3 man studios slave away for years only to have their work stolen.

>piracy is how the gaming industry dies it leads directly to microtransactions and dlc.

black men have big cocks and I wish my wife was being drilled by one right now.

>the vast majority of products are not worth the asking price
doesn't make it not stealing
>since when does pirating necessitate sharing it with others?
like I told the other user, you're taking from people who are distributing illegally when you pirate, so you are obtaining the product illegally

if something is shit don't buy it.

>wants to make money and succeed
>must be shill

found the underage faggot
once you move out of your parents' basement you'll realize that you need some form of income

who private trackers here

>doesn't make it not stealing
not an arguement

>like I told the other user, you're taking from people who are distributing illegally when you pirate, so you are obtaining the product illegally
downloading is legal in canada, so again, not an arguement and you're wrong

>not living in a country where pirating is practically legal

btn for tv
pth for music
ptp/karagarga for movies

iktfb

the arguement about pirating because of asking price is entirely fucked up because they are still using the service but now for free.

pirating is directly sharing too you shouldn't need to argue that one with him.

I think the real heavy duty pirates should be asking themselves "Do I want my favourite developers to succeed or not ? "

People that make games are not machines we need food rest shelter to pay the bills ect.

So thanks for taking a stand on our side.

It's ok when the creators of the content are dead, not so much when they aren't. Also it's probably one of of the reasons why most of the entertainement is shit now

>artificially imposed scarcity
There's literally no need for private property in a world without scarcity, where things can be infinitely copied without effect to the original.

I can afford most of the stuff I pirate. I just choose not to because as much as I enjoy entertainment, I wouldn't give a shit if it wasn't there to be enjoyed.

>things are not worth the asking price, so I'm just going to take it
that's stealing, which is illegal
>not an argument
except it is
>downloading is legal in canada, so again, not an arguement and you're wrong
you can also suck a dogs' dick in canada legally to I"m not surprised

>People that make games are not machines we need food rest shelter to pay the bills ect.
if you dont have a good business/content delivery model it's your fault for your product not succeeding

no one wants to pay 50$ to watch a movie on DVD once and then leave it on a shelf collecting dust for decades, and no one wants to have to subscribe to 6 different movie streaming services so they can see all the exclusives

>that's stealing, which is illegal
like i said, canadian law says its not, but stay uneducated if you want

Being a creator does not equal being a greedy kike. Lrn2 reading comprehension faggot.

I get by just fine without being a greedy kike. I do things for money as necessary, but I create for creation's sake without regard to kike money grubbing.

Once you've been around a bit longered and, god willing, matured, perhaps you'll understand the difference.

pssh nothing personnel kid

>in canada
again, not surprised

>piracy is how the gaming industry dies it leads directly to microtransactions and dlc.
No, making shitty half finished games with no content lead to DLC.

I don't buy EA shit anymore after the Sims 3
I bought fallout 4 but, the pirated version runs better
Modern music is not that good and old music, the artists don't get paid or are dead.
DlC is bullshit.
I am not playing 100£ for Microsoft to spy on me
And I am not made of money and FUCK YOU that's why

I'm anti-pirate

>I think the real heavy duty pirates should be asking themselves "Do I want my favourite developers to succeed or not ? "
I really don't give a shit. If they fail someone else will take their place. If no one does, then whatever they produced must not be of any real importance.

>People that make games are not machines we need food rest shelter to pay the bills ect.
So? Do you create for enjoyment or money grubbing? Besides which, your living situation is of zero concern to me.

so indie devs should slave away and not make any money for your enjoyment?

Yeah but what about the ones that do and still get pirated you can't just say only some cases count because you say so.

This happened with Cancer Vaccines friend.

I think content creators should be able to make a good living creating content and piracy interferes with that. At the same time I don't mind seeing useless (((middlemen))) and (((Hollywood))) degenerates having their business models destroyed.

how do anti-piracyfags feel about adblock? it allows you to use websites without giving any chance of supporting the content provider

if its actually a good product from someone you support you should pay for it

anything mediocre or bellow not so much, or really oudatted shit like fo1+2 where the profits would no longer go to black isle team but bethesda instead

Pirating textbooks is a moral imperative because it's the only way to punish those degenerates that charge $200 for Calculus 284th Edition (now with 15% of problems rearranged!)

I create the game I am making for my own enjoyment and I am doing it on a shoe string budget (nothing sometimes I don't eat) I would like to make some money so I can one day have a home and a stable life and maybe even share the game with people and have fun playing it together.

But I can't seem to get past the part where people are saying to me "Just stop im going to steal it anyway" it is really disheartening and especially saddening to see what I was once like.

People don't even pirate from the big companies anymore they pirate from indie devs because they couldn't afford security.

I guess games like Binding of Isaac just weren't worth making.

>cancer vaccines
Cancer isn't one single thing, it's a whole host of different issues, and honestly I'm pretty doubtful a vaccine could even begin to be made for literal disfunction of your bodies cells.

Either way we're doing just fine without it, world is massively overpopulated anyway.