Prepping

Who were is prepping for the economic collapse?

I have a small silver collection, and some canned food in my pantry. But I don't really prep a whole lot since I don't have the space.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nn3PQJ9PHLY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

show us ur guns

Literally every Mormon on the planet. It's part of our culture

I guess I suck at economics but what's the point of the silver?

I want to start prepping so bad, but I live with mom and dad.

Where you live, op. Ill keep your stock in mind come the collapse

Let me get this straight, you spend hundreds of dollars for canned food when you could've used the same money to buy the ingredients in bulk and then bottle them yourself in reusable glass jars?

How to feed 2500 people Beef Stew!

>All that mayonnaise and bleach

Why?

all that work

>silver collection

YES GOY, BUY MY METALS THAT YOU CAN USE LATER LIKE MONEY.

>microwave popcorn
>shtf

LMAOOOOOOO

>no bartering tobacco
Heh. Get back to us when you up graduate from kindergarten kid.

sup iowabro

Nice canning system. Old in the back, new out the front.

bud why is the soda fountain making ice cream?

>11.25 pounds of pepper
>pepper as desired

I live in California, I doubt there will be a situation where we won't have enough food. America has so much food that even our homeless shelters have to throw a lot of it away. People didn't go hungry during the Great Recession.

And this picture is a generic one. Its not my pantry. I also live with my parents so I don't have a lot of space for stuff. I do have some canned food I got for free from neighbors.

Bleach will be amazing when SHTF. Being able to guarantee that a certain surface is completely free of bacteria means a lot.

what a waste of money...

One of these is probably next to the coke tap. Just softserve.

Alcohol is
>Usable on people
>Usable as a fuel
>A disinfectant
Why would you just not use alcohol?

Bleach is used to make water potable, Mayo is used in older recipes to make things fluffy, plus it's high in fats.

>great recession
>comparable to global economic collapse

too bad liquid bleach doesn't keep for more than a year or so

This diet does not look good. Obviously there are a lot of grains here, but can it make up for the shit tier diet so far? Let us see.

400 lbs of white rice
>pasta and rice have about the same number of calories, as do all carbs

That is 236,557 calories or 648 calories a day. basically a little over 3 cups of rice a day

So the totals are:
2 tbls of oil (208 kcal)
1/3 cup of black beans (254 kcal)
1 tbls of powdered milk (98 kcal)
1/3 cup of sugar (288 kcal)
3 cups of wheat (648 kcal)
>per day

Giving us a total of 1496 calories a day.
So the pic is total bullshit. Not enough food and very weird meal planning. Imagine making a meal with this stuff every day!

You would blow your own brains out before you even saw a mutant zombie biker!

disgusting fucking prepping food I'd rather starve, But fortunately i can grow good veggies and raise some fucking swine. shove those nasty ass cans of "food" up your ass.

having a still is a better idea

If we're talking drinkable alcohol, that will have an even higher value than bleach because people are retarded.

I grow my own apples, potatoes and assorted berries, also have some gold shekels

Of course it is, but that's infrastructure, and even a moonshine still out in the backwoods will require frequenting tending to, and you should do so with a buddy in case somebody is nearby, waiting to rape you and take your shit.

If you have infrastructure, you can actually have civilization

grains that's the stuff.

Okay, for the first one. For the mayo, stop being fat.

Reality is if the supermarkets can't resupply then millions will be dead in a month.

it's also good to have some sustainable livestock for continual sustinance, some chickens and such running around or caged in a backyard.

You don't need the salt, everything you have is salty enough.

CRAPPY FUCKIN CANNED FOOD. Enjoy your vascular diseases.

Of course. A well guarded farm would be ideal.

Land and personal infrastructure is the key to survival when shtf. If you have renewable power even better.

>he's going to live off apples

Being in the UK you're fucked either way though.

If you don't have access to water you know is clean, alcohol is good to have.

>Of course. A well guarded farm would be ideal.
I used to think this, but now I think a hidden underground bunker in a normal home would be best.

it's dumb. the logic is that precious metals typically go up when the dollar goes down, but they assume that will hold true even in a total collapse. nobody will give a fuck about silver.

> -----------911

Holy fuck this looks really good.

Wouldn't you want the opposite? Old in front to be used first?

Depends on the renewable power, but yeah. I wouldn't rely on modern technology like solar panels to last you in a SHTF scenario.

Absolutely. Maintaining some infrastructure would be ideal. Don't go it alone, have a bunch of people who will agree to form a "town" with you and pool your resources. Then you can almost live a normal life (with "normal" being what we have now)

They are far more complicated than a surface farm, and how will you grow shit? Hydroponics might work, but that requires lights, which require electricity, and that will be hard to come by if SHTF.

>not having a bug out bike in your closet

He was sarcastic, and yes.

There's nothing to prep for if you are in the United States. This is a hobby.
At most you need a few bug out bags. Some cases of water, a couple guns, including a pellet gun and a safe place to hold up.

>bud why is the soda fountain making ice cream?
DO NOT QUESTION THE MIRACLES

I've got a little bit of food. I know I won't last long if stuff really goes south.

If we can stall SHTF for another decade or so, it will be relatively easy to defend farmland with autonomous tech for cheap. Think mini drone surveilance 24/7

Of course, living in "rural" east coast usa is going to be a death sentence regardless. Move to the northern mountain states like montana.

Mormons are the masters of food storage. Are you one?

Pretty unprepared but more than most

Camping stove
Tent
Tarps
Plenty gun power
Food for roughly 2-3 months
Water for 2-3 weeks
Water filter and natural water sources nearby

Lacking medical supplies
Need more food water
Just miscellaneous shit like batteries flashlights and stuff I'd be without

You think you're cash is going to be of any use to you during a societal collapse? kek

But what is it?

it'll be nice to have for game meat and fresh vegetables. though witht that quantity, I'm assuming they feel it will hold trade value.

I'm gonna be an apex predator....just like this guy!

youtube.com/watch?v=Nn3PQJ9PHLY

>stockpiling silver and not ammo
you do realize in the event of society collapsing, ammo would be the trading currency? nobody gives a fuck about """precious""" metals

>They are far more complicated than a surface farm, and how will you grow shit? Hydroponics might work, but that requires lights, which require electricity, and that will be hard to come by if SHTF.
You hide in plain sight. Solar panels on the house and rain water supply the bunker. I wasn't thinking more than a few years of living of the stock inside, but yeah aquaponics sounds good. Though I know it requires a lot of land to feed a family. Though I only plan my bunkers for two people: me and the girl I kidnap...lol

Yes I screwed up my wording.

You think silver is? If someone came to me and wanted 1000 rounds of .223 and gave me silver I'd laugh in his face. Then probably shoot him.

some good food and will have trade value, ammo and guns is #1 trade value and most profitable item.

im the grasshopper that steals from all you stupid little ants. the day is coming folks

you think your silver is going to have any value during a societal collapse? nobody is going to give a fuck about your conductive yet easily tarnished metal

People still hold this illusion that when the global economy takes a shit, they will still care about shiny rocks. A smart man hords toilet paper, rubbing alcohol, and soap. It wont take too long for people to stop caring about wiping their ass, but rubbing alcohol will always be needed to clean wounds. Also ofcourse guns and ammo to protect your gold reserves.

Then take his silver....>.> to make silver bullets to take out werewolves. Because they exist....

>some good food and will have trade value
I think most people underestimate the need for food and clean water and overestimate the need for weapons.

That's supposed to last a whole year?
Are you supposed to starve yourself?

This if there's and emergency food and water are far more valuable than some metal

Would you trade your food and water for a chunk of metal when shit hits? I would wager you wouldn't and nobody else will either

I redpilled my parents and they are now prepers. We even have a planned out meat up spot and escape plans.

just incase it all fails

Barbecued muslim sounds tasty.

livestock/seeds will have great value as well, everyone will get the fuck out of urban environments if distribution chain is fucked, good thing is that the USA has enough land for agriculture/animal husbandry for everybody.

silver is massively undervalued due to manipulation of the paper silver markets (ie. where you don't physically have in your hand). in the event of usd hyperinflation (not likely soon imho) demand for commodities, such as physical silver, would skyrocket. i also hold physical silver, mostly "junk silver" pre-1965 us coins. i've noticed lately more demand for recently minted silver eagles, though.

The point of the analyze is to show how stupid the pic is in saying it is enough food for a year. That said if you have nothing you better get there at least.

I bet you love to huff petrol too, sick cunt

Nice geotag. Thanks for the location of your storehouse ;)

I don't think a TI-89 is going to be all that useful if SHTF. Unless you are engaging in large infrastructure projects and need to do engineering calculations

>Who were is prepping for the economic collapse?

If you actually are, this means you have a shelter far away in the woods stocked with food, fuel, solar panels and a minor arsenal, right?

If you "prep" in a city or suburb you should just kill yourself now. Any major disaster and the roaming hordes will make short work of you even if you're armed.

Prep for normal disasters if you're a city slicker. It's only sensible to have a backup of canned food and water reserves in case there's a natural disaster or major problem with services. It doesn't cost much to be a bit prepared for problems.

>785388
Are you me?!?!? LMFAO I did the same, we also have a meet up spot up in the mountains.

He was talking about the food part.

Hoard whiskey and cigs. You can trade those for a lot of shit.

ehhh I would

>Ill trade you ONE CAN of beans for an ounce of silver

This.

I keep 600 grams of peanuts in my car, along with a couple cans of spam and a few bags of soylent.
Can I join the club?

>I don't think a TI-89 is going to be all that useful if SHTF. Unless you are engaging in large infrastructure projects and need to do engineering calculations
I took a statistics class and I had this. Everyone else had like ti83's/84. All the teachers instructions were for the other calculators. I was so lost.

everyone should have an advanced degree is some form of production, to build a functioning city with agriculture+industry+residentual areas that are functioning.

You know what's really funny? The guy who did the blog about Argentina's collapse in 02-03 mentions how the guys who bugged out in the country side were often found dead and their shit looted by gangs. Order was quickly restored back in the cities faster.

You know how humans have survived for so long? Building a community with safety in numbers. That 80's Rambo shit doesn't work in real life. That's why cops, military, etc. work in teams.

Also, you flatlanders who think having some fancy bugout location is super secret, keep in mind country folks have explored your place when you were gone. You're an outsider to them. They are nosy and bored as fuck.

Yes I imagine whiskey would be a lot more valuable than precious metals if TSHTF.
Who the fuck wants silver if they're starving?

>buy 3 months worth of food stock
>apocalypse doesnt happen in 2 years
>all food is now expired
>have to replace stock every 2 years

>toilet paper
takes up too much room to efficiently store, and is only a nicety when you have flush toilets or a garbageman to haul it away. it's going to fill up your latrine or you're going to have to mess with burning it.

> It wont take too long for people to stop caring about wiping their ass
wet sponge on a stick, Roman style. wtf is wrong with you?

>gold reserves
gold won't become a thing again in your lifetime

When you have to fight werewolves and shit. Lemme guess, you don't have salt to protect your doors and windows from demons? What about wrought iron shot for ghosts? No holy water?

Nigga, do you even hunt like my niggas Sam and Dean?

>food expring in 2 years
nope.

>everyone should have an advanced degree is some form of production, to build a functioning city with agriculture+industry+residentual areas that are functioning.

I could see this:
>gather 100 people with advanced degrees
>need to build a trading outpost
>within a week they come up with a great plan using the local timber resources and can make a weak mortar and clay brick for non support structures
>hand them shovels and ax
>they look at me like what ;(

you're like 15 years old and a homosexual

weird, I was meaning to reply to

>I live in California, I doubt there will be a situation where we won't have enough food
The situation is where the other states cut off the water supply that you need to grow almonds in the desert.

Activate that.

>tobacco
>not ammo, guns, medicine, or alcohol
You are a retard, tabacco has the shortest shelf life.

>The guy who did the blog about Argentina's collapse in 02-03 mentions

It was proven fake. You can tell by the lies about all the people dying around him from his own family.