Waaah I can't find a job

>waaah I can't find a job

bullSHIT!

Buy a pair of rubber boots, some warm clothes, go to Alberta, Texas, North Dakota, get an H2S and first aid training course and apply at some oil companies

You WILL make $100,000 your first year, and it only goes up, after a few years you will clear $200,000 easy

The oil price collapse caused mass layoffs and people left the industry, now everything has stabilized and companies NEED workers NOW

True. We are looking for people

Uh the job pays well because it's incredibly dangerous. Can't spend it when your dead. Not to mention the toxic chemicals your exposed to. So many oil workers I've seen who have these disgusting pink stains all over their skin.

>The oil price collapse caused mass layoffs and people left the industry

Yeah, clearly this means the industry is good for hiring.

fucking leaf talking about oil

Where you at nigga?

No more dangerous than driving a car or living in a high minority area

Layoffs are irrelevant, you make so much money you can survive YEARS with no work as long as you don't spend like a retard like most oilfield workers

i live in alberta, what the fuck are you talking about? the economy here has tanked. im a tradesman and ive been unemployed for months

>100k first year

Some sad loser will actually believe this.

>t.truckerfag who saw those redneck/nigger infested camps first hand making 100k (lol)

Except you don't drive a car for 12-14 hour shifts in a labor intensive job that has all kinds of dangers. I know of several people who have died working oil. All under the age of 30.

Tell me more good sir

My sister's boyfriend did this for awhile in North Dakota, he got layed off last year.

Maybe in 2015/2016, now shit is BOOMING HARD

Move to grande prairie, move to fox creek, as a tradesman you will be making 200k in no time

Maybe in America it is less, but you have a low cost of living and stronger currency so you make EVEN MORE than a Canadian

You can legally refuse unsafe work, if they fire you who cares find another job walk in to another company BAM fucking hired on the spot

Apply to drilling companies as a leasehand, make 100k starting just cleaning shit with a mop, making coffee, and being a target of crude workplace banter

Tell him to go back, with his experience he could easily make 150k a year

Yeah that's bullshit. No experience guys start off like 60k. Now while not chump change for a job with no degree, it's shitty work and again dangerous. Don't you have school tomorrow, kid?

Engineer here. The problem I find in going to places like Alberta is that you are expected to work 12 hours a day, and that's just bullshit. I can make 100k without overtime easily in a major population centre.

In essence, my free time is worth more than wasting it in the middle of nowhere doing stupidly long shifts.

>walk in to another company
Blacklists exists, no matter how much companies deny they don't

12 hour shifts for 2 weeks, then a 2 week break, you work less in the larger picture and don't have to be cucked by a 4 hour daily commute for a measly 8 hour shift like in Toronto or Memecouver

>be poor
>can't find work
>move across country for job.
nigga

I am considering this. I currently make minimum wage loading semi trucks.

A few questions:

How physical is the work?
How dangerous is it?
How likely is it I will be hired if I'm from out of state w/ no references (it was surprisingly hard to get a warehouse loading job)
I have a criminal record, (misdemeanors) will this be a significant obstacle for finding work?
Whats the schedule like and how much work do they expect? (8 hrs a day 5 days a week, or 10 hrs a day 4 days a week, work as much as you can stand it etc.)
How long do you think this will last? (it will take me approximately 4-6 months to save up enough money to make the move, maybe 3 if I am really spartan with my spending)
Will I be working with niggers / wetbacks? (i'm white)

I live downtown Toronto and commute against traffic, 20 mins in morning, 30 way home.

Working in Alberta or even mining in Thunder Bay requires hours and hours to get there once every week/forthright. It requires sacrificing your life half a month, every month.

Nah.

North Dakotan here who's wife is vehemently opposed to me working in the oil industry.

You will work at least 2 weeks on(for 12-16 hours a day) and you'll get 2 weeks off.
Criminal history as far as misdemeanors go is an in-factor.
Depends on what kind of job you get, but labor is VERY intensive.
You will be able to work until they tell you to leave, or if you were a good, competent worker, they MIGHT move you somewhere else they need you.

I want to jump on this boom too, just need a little more convincing of the wife. Currently GM a small business.

*non-factor

Also wanted to add that you will be working with spics and nigs and plenty of unsavory sorts. But if it helps you achieve your goal and you ignore them, why the fuck not?

Not sure about the rest but I have a buddy who lost both legs as a roughneck in the Texas panhandle. Seriously injury isn't common but it's not exactly rare either.

Yeah but how do you get in?

Just find a job online. There's tons.

Literally just show up with some work boots

Post some examples of these jobs being advertised on those qualifications. I mean, this isn't Mexico, so just having a pulse doesn't get you a good job. It's not that easy to get a six figure job either. But I'd like to see these jobs, go ahead and post examples.

>t. former rig lizard

>tfw degreed with 2.5 years experience and only making 105k
Sometimes I wish i did petrol instead of Chemical. Tbh, slated to make 150k in 5 years so that isn't bad.

My stepdad made 150... He's now supervisor 2 years after he started.

texasfag here
OP full of shit. the only jobs here pay

Actual Texas fag here, sometimes its 8 an hour, but what this fag isn't tell you is that you get paid 24 hours a day for sometimes months at a time. Thats overtime on day 2.

Oil field workers are like 7 or 8 times more likely to die than other jobs. You're safer as a cop than an oil field worker.

Okay, that's still a reasonable risk though.

thats still only like 16 per 100,000 every year

Yeah but that's not factoring the high rate of injury is also has.

You don't start off making 100k, that's just bullshit.

You work as a bitch for bitch wages and then move up.

what's stopping you?

Are you so attached to the trash you own that you can't sell the TV and couch on craigslist?

Are you so in love with your lease on your shitty apartment and can't just give up the deposit and walk out?

Are you so fixated on the random gash you hooked up with last month while both of you were drunk that you think you'll never find another woman, ever?

Stop being a coward and fucking do something with your life.

No.

I saw a news story about a WalMart in north dakota was hiring. 17 bucks an hour. The trouble with ND is finding a place to live.

Will there be maple and whiskey? Will I have to lift anything over 50 lb?

You can still pack your body pillow in a carry-on, faggot

But it's more dangerous than driving a car AND working around dangerous chemicals.

I know an engineer who makes $200K.

>But it's more dangerous than driving a car AND working around dangerous chemicals.
Don't worry. They won't hire guys who wear stilettos.

>can't find a job
>put ad in the newspaper for computer repairs
>do it for 6 months and make enough money for a small sandblaster and a ute
>?
>successful businessman

Agreed. I did that, made $10,000 my first month.

>just move across the country, cut all ties, be homeless and hope you get hired for a job you have no experience with
>shit will just magically work out if you believe

Is it really physically demanding work?

Too bad I am a scrawny faggot with girly hands.

It's brutally difficult work I heard. One of my brother's friends was talking all about the six figure salary and how he was gonna do it for a few years and be set. He left for the oil fields and came back like a year later with his tail between his legs. He wasn't that hard of a guy, fwiw.

Take a spoon full of concrete every morning for 6 weeks.

stop being pussies and just do it. it's not even that hard, as long as you don't cry like a whiny bitch and you have half a wit.

Your right, better to keep that job at Starbucks.

22 yo trucker here truly the ultimate redpill career link me some of them oil rig gigs my man sound cozy

>Your right, better to keep that job at Starbucks.
And this is why men make more money than women.

lol Alberta oil dried up and went deader then a door nail
Ain't fuckin nothin happening here now
unless you know someone who knows someone high up on the totem pole you ain't gettin SHIT

Except I have a decent job that I don't risk life and limb for that's not starbucks. Sorry you didn't learn a skill that can be useful so you wanna be some sort of dumb roughneck in a camp full of convicts and other losers.

>mfw not obsessed with making money
>mfw perfectly satisfied working part-time at the local library

Stop obsessing over money. Life isn't about trying to consume as much as possible as fast as possible. People who get insecure about their incomes are pathetic.

>Found the office fag who sits in a cubicle all day believing he's bill gates. gfy.

I like your attitude, user.

Have you done something drastic like that though? If you have, share. I'm stoned and bored.

>What is wanting a family
Girls worth marrying usually don't stay with a guy making 30k a year.

Stocking shelves at Target?

No giving your mom a nice creampie.

as part of my work i had to take a 50 pound flange blind off a tower, whilst standing on another tower that was adjacent to it. Now that wouldnt be bad, but there was a 4 foot gap between the towers and there was no railing installed

so the foreman told me to lean over, and grasp the blind whilst another guy took out the last bolt

one bad move and i wouldve fallen 10 feet and been suspended by a harness and since it was in such a remote location high up it would be an hour before a rescue operation could get me- so i wouldve gotten suspension trauma- you lose your legs or you die 50/50 chance either one.

Fuck that. Fucking Clearstream Energy services- never work there.

>I want to divide the pie three ways without my piece shrinking

Accept having a children, on a middle-class income, and supporting a wife, to fulfill your nuclear family ideal, WILL result in being "working class" and living a "Working class" life, or don't do any of that. Stop trying to have your cake and eat it, too.

no bully

Hey if having children's your bag, then be my guest; work your ass off if you think it will make another human love you more.

But not every woman (or man) wants children.

Some people actually end up loving each other for reasons that aren't economic.

>Girls worth marrying usually don't stay with a guy making 30k a year.

And they stay with guys that make 30 Million a year?

Oh, touched a nerve on internettoughguyfag.

Hang in their buddy, you'll have that $60k gender studies degree paid off in no time!

The oil jobs by me are around 40k and there is huge competition from Mexicans the first gen born here ones that refuse to do field picking work like their parents. Most companies prefer to hire big oakies but once a Mexican gets in a position of power they fill all the jobs with other Mexicans.

For those who are somewhat suicidal, it seems like a good line of work to die in if you are looking for an end to set you free. Get life insurance too so you don't have to worry about loved ones left behind.

Can I apply to work there?

this will be true once gas is 3.50 gallon again

I don't understand how it would damage your feet or cause death, can you explain in more detail? It's not like you can't move at all while hanging, right? Can't you just lift your legs for a second to get the blood flowing or something?

Posting from camp on a SAGD site in Alberta. Those green dunnies in the OP are so two years ago. We all rock the black ones now. Better tread pattern.

You can apply where ever you want Pedro but truth is Canada and the USA are full of Mexicans already. Is that $2.00 min wage not enough for you? you might get $5 here.

>Can I apply to work there?
No refried beans in canada.

What about experienced welders?

Anyone who works on the rigs should be shot in the head.

I HATE Canada. Bunch of fucking hillbillies and sjws. No in between. Fuck all of you.

About five years ago, I went through a shitty breakup and moved to west coast without friends or family there. Turned out fine. I had to sleep on some couches and date some girls I wasn't that into so I had a place to stay, but it wasn't so bad.

Four years before that I travelled to China and lived for eight months in Beijing and Lhasa without speaking more than a couple words of Chinese out of a phrasebook. I took what I learned while I was there, and with a few years of Chinese classes in university, turned it into working professional fluency that defines my career.

A few summers ago I did an internship in a major city and stayed entirely in hostels or on couches. I even stayed on a couch of a dude from /soc/ for a couple weeks (he didn't rape or try to kill me, and we're still friends). While I was staying in the hostel, I was downtown and a couple blocks away from the office I worked in. I also fucked between 2 and 3 different girls every week while I was in hostels, mainly germans and australians, with one Russian and three americans.

I've stayed at plenty of cheap hostels and dives. It's always a blast. Hostels are easy to find for ~$20 a night in any major city for a shared dorm ($600 for a month in a downtown hostel is cheaper than most rent in the suburbs, let alone being in the heart of the city... plus utilities are free), and I guarantee you'll get laid and make friends there.

Ok pussy.

You'll never know unless you try. What's the worst that can happen? Do you think you're gonna die? At worst, you'll fuck up, not find a decent job, and have to work the same shitty job there as you do where you are now. Maybe you have to move in with your parents or crash on a buddy's couch? Big fucking deal.

I immigrated from the UK to the USA, travelled the entire country and lived in 5-6 states, slayed pussy and ate american food over a few years
feelsgoodman, America is number 1

ill explain

when you fall in a harness your leg straps are now holding all your weight. After about 10 minutes the blood starts to pool in your legs and go oxygen deficient

if the rescue team lets you down to fast or releases your leg straps to quickly all that bad blood will rush to your heart- and you die. I had a buddy have this happen to him.

Now the other choice is where if you are suspended for a half hour or more. Your body parts need oxygen, without it the tissue dies and needs amputating.

buddy of mine died doing a similar job to what i described. He fell but didnt have a harness and part of his brains were on the ground from a broken skull. The messed up part was that he kept trying to get up and 5 guys had to hold him down. The guy was still alive when he shouldnt have

another buddy of mine that held him down said some words that still haunt me to this day

"i just held down a dead guy"

whats the end result though,
what do you have to show for it besides memories?

FUCK North Dakota, never felt depressed in my life til I lived there for six months. And especially fuck the weather

This is why I hate alberta

Look at cal frac. Fuck this North Dakota bs the shale in Arkansas is coming back. Started as a bitch hand for 20 am hour a few years back got laid of and Halliburton has got me on standby to be a mud engineer this year for when it reopens. To all those wondering. Even if you start out at 8 am hour I watched many competent workers move up to 30 an hour in6 months at multiple companies. If you have a strong back and work like a pack of spics. You can be set for life. I'm 30 have a paid off house a new vehicle for my wife and I. And a decent retirement built up through investments. I have no degree just a work ethic instilled by my parents and a determination to have a good life for my family. As a mud engineer even if prices crash again I can go to Middle East for 1000 a day easy. Be a good worker and they pay for your degree while the down time happens

Albertas great

its the fucking cocksucker Foremans that dont give a fuck about safety. They hire Filipinos because they know that the flips wont ever say no to bad work/unsafe work practices because they need the work.

i was fired from that tower job because i refused to do it, and as i was leaving i saw a flip going up the tower as my replacement. Paul Young was the name of the Foreman that got me fired.

Fluency in a very useful language with high demand on the job market from going to China, professional connections and experience from the internship, a new relationship and better set of friends from moving to the west coast.

I guess that's all besides the memories of raw dogging a 5'10 blonde 9/10 German girl one night and then a 5'3 brunette 8/10 Australian the next.

Oh, and the knowledge that I have the ability to change my own circumstances because I'm a man with agency instead of a static child who can't take risks.

>What about experienced welders?
r u serious?

None of you neets would be able to handle this type of work mentally or physically. Don't get your hopes up. You'll be constantly berated by roided and tatted up pieces of shit. Plus this boat sailed like 3-4 years ago.

You should hunt that Paul guy down and teach him a lesson

I'm a felony, so I'll just live that NEET life

Searched H2S technician jobs ib TX. 37 total. What a boom!

what?

You're a dumb fuck if you think anywhere in Alberta is hiring for the oil patch, let alone hiring complete green horns. You also forgot to mention you'll CSTS, PSTS, and EGSO tickets just to run a shovel. You don't know shit

Most roughnecks have records.

you wanna be a welder? everyone does

>hey! i can hold a stick steady! EASY MONEY!!

Then you get into the trade and you retire by 50. Not because you want to, but you have to, your body is in shambles by 50. You breathe in toxic fumes, you breathe in aerosolized metal dust. Yes, it makes it through even the filters.

Then theres the eye problems, welding masks dont cut out the harmful rays 100% either. I knew a guy Sylvain that wa forced out of it cause he needed to be on an oxygen bottle cause as he put it

"i used to work solely on stainless steel for years"

all that dust settles in your lungs, if its normal iron/steel it rusts out and your body gets rid of it. But stainless steel doesnt rust. It sits in your lungs and accumulate and shreds your lungs like tissue paper.

Theres bad points to every trade

Also it seemed like there was a higher black percentage just in little Dickinson than in Colorado Springs, Ft. Collins, Boise and Reno. A lot of them sounded like Somolians, definitely African foreigners, and in tiny Bowman they built or cleared out an apartment building for Somalis from what I heard before I moved.Bismarck had a lot of blacks too.

....wow

>want to work in mining in Australia
>they're great paying jobs, over 120k dollarydoos starting
>all the jobs require "experience" without stating how much
>but no one in australia has the requisite experience
>457 visa fly-ins from china start

advertising for jobs in the mines is just a meme, something companies have to do before they request the government for a 457 worker.

>Buy a pair of rubber boots, some warm clothes, go to Alberta
Fuck off we're full.

Sincerely, Alberta

>warm clothes
>texas

Perhaps I've been misinformed

I have a friend whose dad got killed fucking brutally in an industrial accident up here.

He was dragged into a lathe and the chuck basically turned his head and upper torso into mince meat. My buddy says he's got pictures of his dad afterwards but I never seen them

No I've been welding for 10 years. I'm 27 and worked for the same company and literally quit today for alot of reasons health being quite a few of them.

Seriously considering going to work for a railroad and being a useless fuck who punches a clock.