I was brushing up on my Sup Forums - Tumblr war of '14 history. I saw mention of some thing called homestuck...

I was brushing up on my Sup Forums - Tumblr war of '14 history. I saw mention of some thing called homestuck. some kind of tumblr version of our r9k or what? what is this faggotry

Other urls found in this thread:

jakejesson.blogspot.ca/2013/01/homestuck-race-debate.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

one of the longest, strangest webcomics out there. interesting setting and lore but silly. Kind of a terry prachett kinda way where its serious silly.

why does it resonate so well with the tumblr types?

Stay away from this

Please I fucking beg of you. Don't do this to yourself.

Cosplay and dedication to content.

Plus didn't one one of the dudes also make that one game? You know, it was really popular for a while.

>homestuck
this is in the closet where it belongs. Let it be.

i read his wiki. it said something about an adventure game

Undertale was made by Toby fox who does the music for 40% of homestuck. Both were great but they both do things to you. You start off normal but by the end you're jerking off to a picture of Karkat in a dress getting fucked by nepeta and not even God wants to save you

i dont wanna read it. i wanna understand the faggot tumblrinas that do

>some kind of tumblr version of our r9k

I read the whole damn thing. It's full of faggotry and there's some SJW shit in there but the story is quite good, the music is excellent, and it spawned the shitty comic known as Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff. I'd recommend it if you like complex, nonlinear, meta modern storytelling.

Okay here goes. Every character is from a broken family starting off, with each of them having their own issues. After the game kicks off they're all isolated and can only communicate through text. Soon they get contacted by a group of aliens who had their lives fucked up because one of the characters used the games abilities to make an unkillable enemy. This resulted in the 12 aliens being kept from getting out of the hell that is their own version of the game which keeps them from claiming the reward- ability to create.

After all realize there's no hope and some drama happens they both decide to scratch their game discs, effectively reloading the game and themselves to a different time while their current selves continue to strive on. This creates 16 new characters, 12 trolls and 4 new humans. They each have their own distinctive personalities and together they band up to kill the unkillable. The shitty thing is between the action their all fucking and hooking up, girls with girls guys with guys etc.

I know two people who like it. Both of them are Aspergers and one of them is female to male.

Do you go to Coronado high school?

>Coronado
No I'm in New England somewhere
is this a common occurrence?

It resonates with the tumblrfags because of the fact that it's basically an anime. The fan base is only slightly below Undertale in terms of autism, but the source material is rather enjoyable.

Yes at my old HS there was a landwhale and a f2m faggot that wore cosplay all the time.

>undertale is more autistic than homestuck
You have no idea do you?

I just enjoyed the story and I still listen to some of the music. Am I still acceptable on Sup Forums?

What is it about homestuck that attracts the autism spectrum?

Im at chs and i know which 2 people hes talking about

>gf requests we read homestuck
>she had read it and the epilogue before
>I subjected her to 8 hours of Gintama and DBZ Kai so why not?
>9001 "next" clicks later not even halfway done
>on month 2 of reading for the entirety of date nights
>get to start of act 6
>"act 6 is longer than the rest of the acts combined. This is where the story really starts"
>too many characters to remember
>only liked that future mayor dude
>tell her if she watches the entire Frieza vs Goku fight on DBZ I'll finish homestuck
>she agrees
>load up the non-Kai version
>she taps out 4 episodes in, suggests undertale
>it's vidya and short so why not
>I'm playing undertale now on my 2nd playthrough
>Dark Souls didn't prepare me for this genocide route fight

im more interested in stuff like this. how it changed tublrina's behavior IRL, trolls that ensued, etc

True. I have kinda forgotten the autism levels in the fandom. I never was part of it, I was just there for the story and the music.
And sbahj.
Funny enough I've seen a Sup Forums banner with a Homestuck character, and 3 with sbahj.

I'm not sure. It really does have a good story to it, but it's weird. Honestly, I would only recommend it to people that really enjoy analyzing literature because of all the symbolism and stuff in it. It's fairly complex and culminates in a rejection of the medium of a story as a concept.

Act 5 destroyed what Homestuck could have been.

lol honestly I like Kai best. Original dbz is great when you're a kid but as an adult I need to watch krillin die and frieza not ruin it with "pop goes the weasel!"

Just skip to the android saga so that she can see android 18 (even though everyone knows android 16 is the best)

FUCK now I'm triggered. DBZ is one of the greatest stories ever and buu and Super are cool and whatever but honestly the entire series builds up to such massive hype levels that gohan going ssjn2 and then that final beam struggle with cell is just such a massive, over the top, emotionally intense climax that few stories can even compare for me. DBZ really is a soap opera for guys, and I love every second of it

Act 5 frankly is where I actually started enjoying it.

Some theorize its like Sonic and My Little Pony in that autists can easily make and insert their own original characters as most of the characters in those series are just edits of a template.

tonight

you

When did you start browsing forums and image boards?
I remember it being practically impossible to be unaware of homestuck around 2010-2012.

That makes sense. I think people's opinions of it are more based around the fandom than the actual source material, which is quite complex.

Act 5 was where it plateaued for me. The trolls were a little too numerous but most were ok. It could've improved or at least stayed level from there into act 6 but Jesus Christ it didn't.
Act 6 was just a death spiral into a mess of an ending.

A webcomic that had a lot if promise and sold out to appease the typical braindead leftist. Don't be fooled by "creativity," the author's mind is unique but all the content is pages on pages of random trivia-tier knowledge on things the reader doesn't need to know or care about. Sidelines it's own characters and plots to give you lesbians and pretend romance. Stay far away from this garbage.

You said nothing pro-Jew, so you're alright with me, weirdo.

I don't care about Jews one way or another. Some are bad, some are good, I judge people on an individual basis.

That's cause hussie started the project on Sup Forums

To their credit they seemed less triggered than the rest.

They cared enough to spam "WE DONT MIND A LITTLE GORE!" But it was less than the complete meltdowns from the other fandoms.

Go islanders you fucking islandfag

Really? I didn't know that.

Allegedly.

Dudes a sell out though, a thief as well. He got all his money stolen by some company.

Weird gender sistem that allows anyone fuck anything, it has fanfiction pairing sistem built in right in the universe of Homestuck.
It's really intresting, at least first 3 acts, from time to time it's just epic. Also a lot of homos everywhere and story goes nowhere like in shitty soap opera.

10-12 i was in in the military. popped in for some laugh you lose or something if i was bored

The legend never dies faggot

Act 5.1 was a borefest except at the end, Act 5.2 was really the pinnacle of Homestuck IMO
also best character

DBZis just a chinese lore Superman.

It stalls in the middle of act 6 really, but the ending was truly epic. Act 7 tied up all the loose threads that I actually cared about and was a nice metamodern rejection of the existence of the story itself.

But really, read Hokuto no Ken. I enjoyed it far more than DBZ, and I like DBZ a lot.

He rather brutally mocked furries early in Homestuck. Same with autists, and he kept doing that to a lesser extent all the way through.

They read the comic
Instead of understanding the characters for who they are
The tumblr fans base the personalities of the characters off fan art and their "headcanons"of the characters
So you end up seeing people inserting themselves into characters, thus seeing characters being all sorts of retarded shit
Hussie use to be pretty based, he made fun of autists and furries and even black people (but not in homestuck) all the time
but then homestuck got popular with those tumblr people and the man has to eat you know

What Homestuck hardly matters because the fanbase hardly cares

Exactly. I just read it for the value of the story itself.

The genius is in that Hussie gives you so much to keep track of and worry about that you really don't know shit about any of the characters. They can all be described with less than five words. Tumblrinas don't have the attention span or the ability to understand complex characterization. If it was an accident, Hussie is a lucky guy in that he hit the most autistic target with the least amount of real effort. Keep in mind every one of their stories fits into a single template. Multiply the template by.. what is it, 24 characters and some equally flat antagonists?

That's a weird way to say Meenah Peixes

Well, the characters start off as being as simple as you describe, but over the course of the story the main characters do become more complex. Honestly, the fan base is why it has such a bad reputation (though it does have some weak moments within the story itself), and the fan base is at autism levels that shouldn't be possible.

He's pretty clever, all the character titles pretty much define what the characters personalities are and what their arc is gonna be
and he sticks to this completely, and NEVER steers off course
John is Heir of Breath, once you understand what either of those titles means you know what he's gonna do, and what people with those titles are destined to do themselves
Vriska is Thief of Light, so she literally steals the spotlight, to the readers disagreement

>the main characters do become more complex
they really don't
Most characters barely get a complete arc inline with their character progression
And he pretty much forgets how to write people

I forget where exactly it is, but Dave is talking with Rose about how "[They] aren't characters. They don't get arcs and shit" in a complete rejection of the medium of a story.

And I've just proved you right. Gratz.

This user lnows what's up.

Hussie ran out of character steam before he could finish writing the first twelve trolls, Eridan and Feferi were afterthought characters to round out the numbers.
And Meenah was a joke chatacter made solely to sell surplus Pisces shirts.

>complex, nonlinear, meta modern storytelling
That's code for turbo luxury autistic faggotry. No thanks, I'll pass on that one bud

Anyone remember this? :^)
jakejesson.blogspot.ca/2013/01/homestuck-race-debate.html

DONT S-SAY THAT I LOVE HER

That's why he killed off so many of them. I did like that he killed off Nepeta, who represented the more autistic parts of the fandom, with Gamzee, who represented (I think) Hussie's own mercurial feelings toward his fans (at that point in the story).

Oh god the trickster arc. Excuse me while I go listen to three albums of Sabaton to get that faggotry out of my mind.

Yes, and when they get more interesting, every other character gets just as interesting, and then the story becomes just as congested as it was simple. I can praise his creativity but his comic is unreadable. He lures you with simplicity and you get trapped trying to understand what the point is. And five times throughout the story it ends up being "WOW! It's literally nothing!"
His story has no consequences and is ultimately meaningless, except you got lost in 9001 pages of memes and lesbians. It's not something I would consider good work. It's a massive time killer with an inconsequential story tied to it.
Yeah. He's clever, but I wouldn't substitute that in place of a good comic. That one comic that coattailed off of homosuck, featuring the Khajiit? It suffers the same way. You can't sustain a webcomic on memes. Not a good one anyways.

Talking about prequel?
The authors in college and has been pretty busy allegedly

Can we all agree that at least the music is awesome?

Jesus Christ, what is it with this shit and asspies? This fat autistic I know used to be really nice and harmless until he started Homestucking. It's like a gateway drug for the horribly autistic. He's now a xe xi xo xum landwhale tranny scum. This shit is a fucking cancer no doubt

>His story has no consequences and is ultimately meaningless, except you got lost in 9001 pages of memes and lesbians. It's not something I would consider good work. It's a massive time killer with an inconsequential story tied to it.
this is why Problem Sleuth was so much better
it was Hussie just laying out things he thought he was cool

Honestly what happened is huss hooked up with an SJW and when the length of the comic wore him down he let her finish it

Yes, much love for problem sleuth. A time waster in all the right ways.
>letting someone else finish what is probably going to end up being his magnum opus
Disgusting.

BRUCE FAULCONER SOUNDTRACK OR GTFO

I wasn't aware he wasn't the one who finished it. I do know from having read his updates that the ending was planned from as early as '12. Perhaps that's why it seems so unsatisfying? His story got hijacked and there were too many threads to wrap up? I dunno, I honestly can say that I enjoyed it.

i think it's more of a rumor he had people ghostwrite the ending

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA oh that's a good one. You get 3 good boy points for that.

I really want this comic to end with John just saying "I am not a homosexual."

This series is what kick started the modern feminist movement into rapid motion. Do not believe the shills who says the creator hated his fan base. Anyone who liked the series should be shot.

Ssjn3 Bruce song is god tier. Also perfect cells theme and super vegeta but ssjn3 is his masterpiece

Sweet fucking lol that's funny

So because I found the story interesting as a 14 year old I should be purged because muh gas the kikes?

This I was a kid and the dissatisfying ending of fag couplings made me open to getting red pilled.

>if you like complex, nonlinear, meta modern storytelling
I'd rather kill myseld

You have to go back.

I was already redpilled, I've never been a democrat. I enjoyed the story and while i didn't like every part of it I like more of it than I dislike.

Go back where? This is my default.

>I saw mention of some thing

Reminder
MC intermission > Part 2 > Part 3 > Part 1 > Part 4 > Part 5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Part 6

To be fair Meenah was the BEST written and most fleshed out character out of the A1 trolls, except maybe Aranea.

It's a shit webcomic that will waste seven years of your life only to have the creator end up ruining it by pandering to fifteen year old tumblr girls.

Pretty much. Although you didn't include act 7.

>public school

it is an awful webcomic where people go to die

Act 7 was literally a few pages and 2 animations
The animations were god tier, but still

Jesus fuck you are giving me flashbacks to my sophmore year

>have crush
>watches homestuck
>turns into lesbian

Fucking Hussie cucked me.

>tfw there when Andrew or whatever that fucker's name is started it on the BL forums
Good times.

It still technically counts.

I got bored and stopped reading it shortly after the four new kids came to be. I wonder if I'm missing anything, but I'll probably never go back and find out.