Be me

>be me

>go to college at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton Florida (an extremely rich area, 1 mile from the beach)

>fed up with paying 1000 a month for my apartment the last two years

>last summer I bought a 31' sailboat
> paid 16000
>live there full time (it has two bedrooms)
>only pay 150$ per month for my dock slip in the intercostal (one of the most beautiful areas of the state)
>only pay 30$ a week for gas+wifi
>go to the Bahamas whenever I want for free with wind power
(I've literally been there 3 times since I bought the boat because it's only a day trip away)

>eventually I'll sell the boat and get my money back because it's barely depreciating anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

nrlmry.navy.mil/tc_pages/tc_home.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Always wanted to do that user. I'm envious

Do the chicks dig it? Or are they scared because of the implication?

You might die at sea, bro.

Underrated

>Boca raton
>Mouth mouse

W...why

You might die watching TV. Live your dream, user.

None of this is true. You're just throwing the idea out there to see what arguments are against it and trick us into doing your research for you on the matter.

>not an island packet

IN THE FUCKING TRASH IT GOES!

how terrified are you that you can lose everything the next time a big storm blows in?

Just wait until a hurricane comes and destroys your precious boat.

Feels bad man.

That's the viking way.
but, if op is not rowing his on longboat, he will be meeting Hel.

Beats dying in mom's basement

This.

Aren't the Bahamas and Caribbean known for rum and pork cuisine? What's your favorite rum ham recipe?

>implying I could figure out how to tie a knot let alone fucking sail a boat
I'd die on my first trip out.

> C O M F Y

seems lonely

How is your download speed? Strong enough for online gameplay/downloading?

>Boca Raton
Literally ground zero of Jews in Florida
Something you're not telling us?

If you knew how close FAU was to he beach you would know how easy this is to do. (Plus I've been in a sailing club my whole life which helped me convince my parents to help me buy the boat)

Fuck off fgt

pretty based. How much nautical skill/training do you think would be required to do this for the average landlubber?

Did someone say 'rum ham'?

Tropical storms are predicted well in advance
nrlmry.navy.mil/tc_pages/tc_home.html

my uncle owned a boat in florida and was constantly complaining about needing repairs or work done and how boat stood for "break out another thousand".

so I am skeptical of the OP.

plus I feel like most sailboats big enough for a comfortable bedroom cost more than 16000

Was gonna post this. OP is a kike, 100%.

This isn't even remotely political you faggoty braggart.

STILL YOU WASTE MONEY ON A SHITTY BOAT! YOU SHOULD GET AN ISLAND PACKET! I MEAN FUCK SAKES THAT IS A FLORIDA COMPANY!

FUCK YOU ARE MAKING ME ANGRY!

>$16000 for a boat
I want to live in America

Im not even close to Jewish. I just go to college here.

I have the haircut of a classic Nazi youth

ill assume you were somewhere else during that last massive storm that hit the east cost a few months back?

How do you afford internet on a boat.

A hurricane did come and I stayed at my friends place.

I thought my boat was gonna be fucked though

bermuda triangle is no joke lol

This

Awesome story OP

Hurricanes destroys regular houses too

oh no! a hurricane, better sail through it to somewhere safe!

>having the typical undercut/fade
I bet you look like a faggot.

yeah no shit, you will eventually lose everything to a storm, they are only getting worse and more frequently, not a matter of if but when.

This

>buy a limo

>live in limo

where's the downside?

>boat
>barely depreciating in value
Hahahahah. Especially in salt water and that South Fl heat and humidity. You're in for a rude awakening

What do you put on any forms that require an address? Just a PO box, or the address of the port? I know it's a stupid question.

Also, does anyone know the legality of what OP's doing? I'm not hating at all, I just want to know how people manage living off the grid like this.

Ur parents pay for you to live how wise of you wtf

>boat stood for "break out another thousand"
Boats are also a hole in the water you throw money into.

Insurance

a boat is about 1000% more vulnerable to storms, I work in a maritime law firm, I have seen hundreds a boats and ships shattered on shores from storms that don't damage beach front homes.

I wish I had 16k to drop on a boat :(

For all of you autistic fucks:

Sailboats are extremely cheap because no one fucking wants them (the outboard on mine is almost as much as the shell)

Sailboats are wayyyyy easier on repairs and maintenance than regular boats

I have unlimited data on my phone which I use most of the time for wifi

And then another mobile wifi device that I set up occasionally when I have the energy.

The hardest part about all of this is learning how to fix shit and having to go places to take a shit because I don't shit on the boat

>better put my boat in my spare bedroom till this blows over

Florida hasn't had a direct image of a Cat 4+ hurricane in almost a 2 decades

Don't give away the secret. Cheapest way to live other than homeless. For gods sakes keep it to yourself or the demand will raise rent at slips

You can buy a Wi-Fi hot-spot that uses cellular. Or he probably pays a fortune for data roaming charges when/if he uses his phone as a hot-spot.

>image off pinterest

fucking slide thread. fuck yourself

>Pays for college
>Pays $1000 in rent
>Buys a $16,000 boat
>My money

Okay (((user)))

Remember that you need to spend 10% of the vessel's listed value every year on maintenance

next to useless, maritime insurance won't pay you a fraction of that 16,000.
You are lucky to get full value on a house from your insurance let alone a boat.

You don't know anything about sailboats you retard

Completely legal. Know lots of people that do it. Some marinas receive your mail for you

He did indeed. I do not understand the concept, but I am quite willing to learn.

>a guy who goes to gas stations to shit everyday gets quads
Kys

I know a guy who does the same thing in Boston, year round

He told me it was less than half of an equivalent studio even with maintenance, and he makes trips up and down the coast on weekends.

I'm jealous as fuck

>having to go places to take a shit

Why would you not reveal this from the get go?

>HEY Sup Forums CHECK OUT MY GREAT LIFE.
>I HAVE NOT BEEN COMFY FOR YEARS.

Then we could all feel relieved that your misery is not our own, and move on. If you're lucky, the next hurricane will blow you and your home into a public restroom.

HI Rachel, you have a nice ass.

t. M B

Matthew

What's the average life of a sailboat? .

It is a chunk of ham/pig flesh cooked and then soaked in rum.

It is essentially alcoholic meat. I hope to try it someday, maybe relaxing on a floaty or boat in water.

>16k
>sailboat
Did you just buy the mast?

It's the INTP way, throw your ideas out as fact and see how people react

Depends, but he'll never get his money back if he properly maintains the boat.

Antifouling paint every two years (unless you got a copper coated bottom which is expensive as fuck and not going to be found on a 16000 dollar boat)

Maintence of the teak on it requires special oils.

Waxing the entire boat a couple times a year.

>not just getting a cozy RV

where do you keep the guns though?

and whats the deal with guns in international waters.

How did you find a boat with a set up like that for so cheap. Everything I was looking up was like 300000

Kek

Take a look at Craigslist. Tons on there from 60s and 70s

How do you store food, without a refrigerator?
How do you operate your PC/phone?
I mean you can't just plug shit in since a boat isn't connected to the electrical grid

Just don't fall asleep user, it could be dangerous.

Most marinas have restroom/shower facilities that you get access to if you rent a slip, so he probably doesn't have to do much more than walk the length of the pier.

Can't say I'm not a bit jealous

... i don't get it

When was the last time you looked at prices. They are sold like treadmills. You can get a Catalina 22 for pretty much the price of the engine

What's hard to understand?

It's hard to raise cattle and chickens on small islands. So they mostly eat pork since they're easier to raise.

Caribbean Islands and Bahamas started as sugar cane plantations and they made tons of rum.

So rum ham.

Generally taking a shit on a boat is more of a pain in the ass than just going to the head on shore.

Not to mention you need to pay to get your shit pumped off the boat after you fill the holding tank.

>be rich
>convince your parents to buy you a boat

WHOA GUYS WHY AREN'T YOU LIVING THE ULTIMATE REDPILLED LIFESTYLE?

Generally shore power is available in most marinas - single or three phase depending
also, you can run an inverter from House bank, or generators whilst sailing

I have a 30' sailboat and I would totally do the same thing if I was in your shoes.

You do have electric. You plug in at the slip

Call them cabins not bedrooms. And a 31 footer will only have 1 cabin, the fold out table/bed isn't a bedroom and neither are the little sleeping cubbies on either side of your door.

Btw you're lying about every bit of this, but you can dream. I can tell but I'm not going to tear you apart anymore

And unless you're on a mooring ball, you're paying more than 150 a month dumbass

Capt. X

Like before I posted, boats from 1987 still costs 90k.

>essentially walking down the block to take a shit
Pass.

also if you go to FAU and you're not from the area you are 100% a fucking retard. might as well "go to" DeVry.

Bet you're loving the storms.

>16000

I'll never have this

There are 12 Volt refrigerators, and ones that run off the engine.

Most of them though have very little freezer space, enough for a couple small things.

Also, they are top access.

How'd you learn to sail user? Isn't the trip from Florida to the Bahamas kinda tough to do solo? Or am I totally off base

Could always take out a (((loan))) and possibly still come out ahead of rent

I'd love to do this, you're living the life OP. Do you ever fish off the side of it.

You are wrong about literally everything you said. What are you a captain of fuking tying knots

this is easily one of the funnest/highest quality bait posts I've seen