History
International Studies
Theater

no lib arts majors?

>falling for STEM meme
>Also, fag liberal arts people trying to elevate their shit to STEM level

This is retarded on multiple levels

> missed art
Not so worthless any more, but others would cancer art out to level of some modern-art poo.

youtube.com/watch?v=6b0ftfKFEJg

I fell for the software development meme

I work in a warehouse

Chem Eng brother

Is there any college field that is worth a fuck? Seems like they are all over-inflated and most people just end up fighting for unpaid internships

also shit like programming you can teach yourself so going to college for it is pointless

this sort of once-in-a-while b8 is nice

Yep, 3 - 5 years experience in the workforce

>STEAM
>Art
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Art

Cute.

Cute, but also really sad.

Given enough drive and determination, you can teach yourself almost any subject including medicine. Programming isn't unique in that regard though a large percentage of self taught programmers are unable to scale their work properly.

I actually told my art teacher that I will let art assignments go because math and chem are more important, I hope my grade isn't fucked.

What's CS actually? Science or engineering?
I mean yeah there's science in the name but a big part of it is learning to engineer software systems (although obviously that's not the true core of CS). Most CS graduates go on to be software engineers or something like it.

I was looking into petrochemical engineering since its the only degree where you can actually make decent money with a BA but even that is crappy for a few reasons

>4 years but still rigorous and difficult
>have to live in shitty parts of the country
>demand is very dependent on oil prices so one new policy or change in foreign relations can just fuck your shit up

it's called literally over 50% of all stem majors

Double major faggot.

CompSci + PetrolEngi

>A
Fuck off.

KEK

Pretty much a good idea desu

kek

I prefer to call it Art, Intersectionality, Diversity, and Science, or AIDS for short

moar like this

Neither, it's a joke

Applied math

Science, technology, engineering, and math change with new discoveries.
Art, however, changes with feelings.
This is what separates them. They're different "races", if you will, of skills.

Why is it a good idea? Every fucking chink and poo is a comp sci major so they get half the jobs. Stacys get the jobs for diversity. Chad gets the rest so HR can fuck him on christmas. Then there is one spot left for the beta white guy aka Sup Forums

I went to my state uni for a semester and so many people were doing compsci that I dont know how any of them could sleep at night since its basically the fucking hunger games to get a job. They are literally trying to line a job up their junior years because they know they are fucked if they wait longer.

As for double majoring 2 completely different disciplines that must be hard as fuck and I dont know how that would increase your prospects

It wouldn't increase your job prospects for the same job. It would be so you have a fallback when times are tough in big oil.

Computer science has a lot of students, but it has a fuckton of jobs in the industry. You might have to move, but you and I live in a country where moving is easy as fuck and is a national pastime. Take advantage of it senpai.

Why is A part of it, again? Should be just STEM.

>tfw law

Can I get honourary membership guys?

>Applied linguistics
>Tuaght in Humanities
>We use the scientific method to collect qualitative data.
>Our emic/Etic approach teaches us to recognise differences in cultures.
>Gender studies students hate us, becuase we're 'trained to be racist'.

Law is pretty cool and useful, not sure about Finland?

I guess we could swap math with law

Hahaha-..... wait....

.... I'M a History Major....

Who part of the JS masterrace? JS stands for jewish science aka accounting.

nah senpai I left on academic probation. I was preparing to go to law school but I would have had to taken a loan of at least $100k so I decided its not worth because I would basically become a wageslave.

Luckily I found an opportunity to live in hawaii with no debt or expenses for less than 20 hours a week of work that doesnt involve doing anything illegal. Downside is I would have to work extra for pocket money but there is so much free things to do in hawaii for leisure that it shouldnt bother me too much

Anyone who includes the A is part of it. The point of STEM is that they're generally high skill and well paying jobs. Arts are obviously neither of those.

> Petrochemical Engineering
> BA
Nigger what

fpbp

all your jobs are being taken by curry niggers so you certainly aren't the master race, my friend

who here in Medicine? Thinking about going for Pharmacy Technician.

>Art

Don't need a degree to be a pharm tech

All of this time I thought STEM was too hard for me. I wondered why I couldn't wrap my head around writing code. I thought it would help me so much, but then the curry niggers started taking the STEM jobs. That's when I realized I hated computer science because it's boring soulless work for subhumans.

>mfw making more than STEM majors writing proposals for lazy business men on my own time while watching Star Trek TNG and degenerate animus

Coding is pretty easy, just super mundane shit. I have little math background - which I thought was the largest impediment to learning - and I've been able to code absolutely fine.

Where do you faggots put graphic design or advertising in general in this? Art related or just part of the Jewish degeneracy?

CS is almost entirely logic and math, how the fuck could a math background hurt you at all?

>Art

Computer Science is.

I'm talking purely about coding not needing much in-depth math knowledge.

And a math background wouldn't hurt you in any setting.

Physics
Math
Biology
Philosophy
History
Military training

That's a package of a real male

Graphic Design is Tech+Art
Advertising is Art+bullshitting math with stats by saying "muh x demographic will respond well to this"

I prefer "MELTS"

Math Engineering Linguistics Technology Science

because the syntax of something like c or c++ is the opposite of math notation... lol

both are classed as languages.
specializing in just one extra language above english yields better results in the secondary language. rather than splitting.

While I find it easy as well, I wouldn't say it's easy overall. It requires being able to think a certain way and plan out what you want to do and communicate how to get it done, as well as patience and perseverance to get it right.

Went to school and most classmates would write up their code and it wouldn't run then get frustrated with it and give up. They did not understand I didn't write perfect code my first past, but took the time to correct my mistakes and try out things to see how they worked.

Unfortunately I fucked myself and got depressed and dropped out, and dealt with a workplace injury has left me unemployed for over a decade. Looking for a job now has been terrible, I can't find anything.

lol, I read your post wrong, good thing I didn't need to learn how to read to get my degree.

Lol. A real male has a job that pays enough for him to have a house and family. None of that shit matters.

>a real man is an ATM

Most useful degree for the eventual apocalypse?

A real man has money that allows him to do what he wants when he wants. That's freedom. Having a house and a family are included in that.

Military training.

switch to something with math

Probably an electrician apprenticeship if you want to control the electricity after the grid goes down. Although there won't be an apocalypse and you need to go back 2 leddit with your fantasy bullshit.

>tfw medicine

>falling for the health jew

psychology and socilogy.

>tfw medicine

that is not as practical as it sounds. most of your work is connected to the gov and very standardised.

Maths here. Why the fuck is it even included in STEM? There's fuckall opportunities in maths, I'm only doing it because it's the only thing I'm good at.

Can't find a job as an accounting Jew?

I hope you're doing a teaching degree after :^)

Who BRAP?
Behavioral Science
Racial Equity Studies
Art
Philosophy

Learn computer programming in your spare time and there are some pretty high-paying jobs for someone with those skills.

thx for the chuckle

lel

I never understood why economics or business/management isn't on that list, literally the people that keep all the others running.

Because "STEM" is an elitist term. People in STEM (and not really anyone outside of it) consider students in it to be rare and special.

Business Management is the degree everyone goes for when they have no goal in life.

Economics is Liberal Arts tier.

1) it's jewy
2) it's boring
3) it carries no real world value. if society stopped functioning, business degrees would become instantly useless

Can someone explain why STEM is apparently a "meme?"
I'm making decent money less than 3 years out of school. Complete with a new car and house. I wasn't even top of my class, and civil engineering is not exactly a degree known as top paying.

3 years ago it wasn't a meme retard. It's a meme now and it's fucking oversaturated as hell, in addition to the curryshits who are all going stem.

The E in STEM is the typically high-paying letter.

this

>1 post by this Id
>Australian
>u gun koalad

>CompiSci PetroEng double major

I know someone who hasn't been through the gauntlet of lower division work

> A
You have to go back.

Mechanical engineering grad from GATech with top grades here and I make min wage at 30 doing CAD/CAM work.

Minimum wage doing CAD? Do you think the problem is you?

Stem
The limb from which something greater grows

Steam
The mist into which something waning evaporates.

I guess STEMO (Science, Engineering, Technology, Math, Other) didn't roll off the tongue?

>implying Sup Forums isn't the beta, chad, and pajeet all at once

>88
>99
>G0iY
What did kek mean by this?

>tfw financial mathematics
>tfw try to avoid STEM Stigma

I'm pure finance I swear

burn
u
r
n

>CS
Many different things are called CS. From applied math (theory and abstract analysis), to engineering (os & other platform design, industrial systems), to craft (most business-related work), to mindless drones (webdev).

In practice good CS education means engineering. Pure science CS is rare (both in demand and supply).

You can generally get decent job without proper education, by virtue of work experience - because most jobs require not proper engineer, but rather craftsman.