As China's communist party claims more and more territory in the south China Sea:

As China's communist party claims more and more territory in the south China Sea:

How do you think about China's military?
Is there a real risk for war?
How capable are their army, navy and air force really?
And what will happen if things escalate?

Other urls found in this thread:

thefreethoughtproject.com/fbi-finally-releases-tesla-documents-death-ray-ball-lightning/
vault.fbi.gov/nikola-tesla
youtube.com/watch?v=-zlU_syd__c
abc.net.au/news/2016-02-19/opposition-wants-to-send-warships-to-south-china-sea-islands/7184198
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/21/out-of-control-chinese-space-station-to-crash-to-earth-in-2017/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/3082804/China-fakes-reports-from-space.html
youtube.com/watch?v=J3VqF2dXje0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Chinese_anti-satellite_missile_test
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-satellite_weapon#China
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>China builds something in China's sea.

Are you fucking retarded kid?

Also, they have hypersonic missile technology, just like the US, and Russia. That means that all navies are effictively nullified.

>Ship 'point defense systems' are only effective against supersonic or slower weapon systems
>

No one is really a threat to the US, they still have all of Nikola Tesla's technology ready to go (unless other countries have it to)
thefreethoughtproject.com/fbi-finally-releases-tesla-documents-death-ray-ball-lightning/
vault.fbi.gov/nikola-tesla

Read the posts by this id:

>hypersonic missile technology
Yeah, sure. And I bet they claim to have StarTrek beaming technology, too.

Do people actually believe this bullcrap?

Last time China had a proper war was when Japan invaded and roflstomped them until the sovjets drove them away

They have zero experience, zero accomplished generals, zero battlefield-proven technology

They are puffing up so hard because they are full of hot air and nothing else

They don't even have enough nukes to outMAD France

easy to confuse Chinese and suicide driver

But they have the Chengdu J-20 and the Chengdu J-31.

>Chinese plastic
Why should anybody be worried?
I'm not scared. Even if their military technology isn't shit (which I doubt) they own most of this cucktry now anyway.
Not gonna bomb their own paid-for land.
The only people who should be remotely concerned is Taiwan and South Korea, aka nothing of value.

and they are building new carriers

Watch this and make up your own mind. Do these guys sound like they mean business LMAO?

youtube.com/watch?v=-zlU_syd__c

His AC worked out pretty well, read the links.

Idk his AC worked out pretty well, read the links.

>How do you think about China's military?
Up and coming, but only a regional power. Weak force projection. Weak blue water capability. Focused as much on being able to maintain power in a civil war as anything else.

>Is there a real risk for war?
Not now. Maybe if you're taiwan. They might take advantage of war in an immediate neighbor though, like Korea or India, or some shitholes in SE. asia.

>How capable are their army, navy and air force really?

Unknown. Their arms aren't combat tested. They've been picking leaders for their tech and infrastructure building ability, not leadership and warfighting.

>And what will happen if things escalate?
I have zero clue on how Trump plans to deal with China. They haven't thrown their usual shit test at him yet that they give all the other new presidents. China's top priority is internal stability and growth. A war right now doesn't help them.

They were able to shoot a satellite out of orbit successfully in the last few years. If you did any reading on China's capabilities, you'd realise while fragile due to their economy, they aren't militarily incompetent or backwards any more.

They aren't yet at US levels, but they don't need to be - the war would be in South China Sea, countries around Asia, or Chinas mainland itself. China would have home advantage, as well as manpower advantage. And more guns will eventually win out in the end.

The US doesn't need to fight a physical war though - they hold a practically universal dominance over the worlds economy. 80% of all transactions on earth use the US dollar due to it being the world reserve currency. China's weakness is its economy. Do the math and realise physical force will only ever be a last resort. Everything we'll see as citizens will be posturing and geopolitical manoeuvring.

>They haven't thrown their usual shit test at him
That's what I noticed, too. Could it be that the CCP's internal situation has gotten this fragile, that they so not dare to rock the boat?

Seeing as whenever the asians get all imperialist they come after us and the military is defending our borders in buttfuck afghanistan right now I'm a bit concerned.

Also the major opposition party seems to have developed some suicidal tendencies so thats cool.
abc.net.au/news/2016-02-19/opposition-wants-to-send-warships-to-south-china-sea-islands/7184198

Ramming satellites is something completely different from their claimed "hypersonic" bullshit.
The chinese have allways been very good at destroying their own space equipment, especially when it comes to losing controll over space stations and faking space walks in swimming pools.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/21/out-of-control-chinese-space-station-to-crash-to-earth-in-2017/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/3082804/China-fakes-reports-from-space.html

I think it's more likely that they think he's an unpredictable lunatic.

If anything he threw a shit test at them when he took the phone call from Taiwan.

Maybe they want to see how the secretary positions get filled, or the security council reforms, and give spies more chance to get into place before they try anything.

All 100 percent speculation .

they have no fleet they cant win this
and that's why they'll never try anything

China will grow larger.

>Point rocket up
>Shoot

Wow such amazing targeting and military technology guys

Trump will send Iran back to the stone age in one night, then the chinks will fall in line.

We will live in prosperity!

>military as a whole
much like everything else in china it simply has a front of being structured, underneath it is weak like Chinese cement
>risk of war
low, china knows how bad we would fuck them up without even trying. Their only option is nukes, and woe be to the first country to throw a nuke at the USA. There wouldn't be anything left of them.
>army
large but ill-equipped. Much like Russians they don't have enough equipment and guns for every soldier.
>Navy
a joke
>air force
a meme
>escalation?
they will back off if they want to have a country with livable conditions. we could rape them in like 30 different ways.

>Much like Russians they don't have enough equipment and guns for every soldier.
when I say that I mean the USSR back in the day, not modern Russia.

How hasn't this been posted yet?
youtube.com/watch?v=J3VqF2dXje0

TLDR
>Chinese navy/airforce is a meme
>land invasion too risky unless Russian/indian support
>not enough and modern nukes
>>>country would just collapse because food shortages etc.

China would be btfo'd

Yeah and America's counter to China shooting a satellite out of orbit was to copy it and only hit the wing off.

It is different to hypersonic, you're correct. But my point was you and everyone else does no reading up on China, then assumes they're still the backwards fucks that fought (and overwhelmed us) in Korea and to a lesser extent Vietnam.

China's military is sort of on par with modern Russia, just more fragile, but also more advanced. Mostly as they copy literally everyone, then take the best bits and use them on other designs to try and improve things.
They are still struggling to transition from a cheap manufacturing industry to a high tech industry though, so their equipment while advanced is inferior to Nato for the majority.

The mathematics behind shooting a tiny moving target literally thousands of miles away is like sniping with artillery pieces.
Practically, its limited in scope, but a major US strength is their satellite network. China's ability here is directly countering a US strength.
If you are unable to grasp the significance of this you are an imbecile.

This is closest to the likely truth.
China's strengths play into the scenario we would be facing with a south china sea war. But their weaknesses, especially the economy and political stability are largely vulnerable to the US's major strength: its economy.

Tacitus said that "Gold is the sinews of war." The USA listened.

Likelihood of war is minute, and would only be a 'pis-aller', a move of last resort, by China.

However, the incoming world war is most likely going to be the developed world vs the less/un developed world. China's interests are best served in leading the lesser side. This is also why the Muslim world is in such fervent jihad mode vs the west, more so than normal - they're vying to be the leader of the Western opposition.

chang, that statement about how china copies and somehow improves western technology by hybridizing the "best bits", which was aimed at making Chinese defense manufacturers looking like super competent Newton tier innovators really gave you away

Listen, Wang, do you care to back your hypersonic bullshit with a source?
Do you have any idea how difficult the effects of atmospheric heating at hypersonic speeds make anything, really?

Haha, please Akhil. China is the single biggest threat to the western world right now behind the more abstract threat of Islam. (USA is probably the biggest threat to the world from an objective standpoint)
I literally pointed out that Chinese quality is shite compared to Nato. They copy but don't necessarily understand it. Monkeys can imitate humans, it doesn't mean they know why.

My major issue is with people claiming that China is some little bitch country we don't need to worry about because "murica" or "they backwards" or whatever.
Don't underestimate an enemy, and don't over-estimate them either. I think I highlighted that China is *fragile* and can't operate outside of its area of influence. But the scenario we face is within that area of influence; the South China Sea and SEA as a whole.

I could point out India is the only likely rival in Asia to China, and possibly the only chance Nato would have of beating China in a land war. But your own country and army has a shit ton of problems, despite their strengths. Also, India isn't such a reliable ally to the west, as you're economy is equally fragile.

India skipped industrialisation to go straight for high-tech economy. It sort of paid of for you, but if the west transitions to what its moving towards; automation, less outsourcing, and Liquid Natural Gas, India's economy will flounder and possibly fail too. Which means you have a shared interest with China. Only Pakistan truly keeps you and China opposed to eachother, and China has hinted it may not be backing Pakistan so solidly if India joined it.

I didn't claim anything about hypersonic one way or another Ahmed.

You did.

I talked about their ability to shoot satellites - a major US strength - out of orbit.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Chinese_anti-satellite_missile_test
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-satellite_weapon#China
Thats just fucking wikipedia. Actual intelligence reports and unclassified docs show a wider and deeper picture of Chinese capabilities.
Note US confirmed the 2007 ASAT missile test.
Pippa Malmgren also mentions it in her book Signals.

There's three things the Chinese take seriously; political stability, food prices (especially pork), and their military.
I'll not accept they can do hypersonic until we have definitive proof, but ruling it out without proof is just as dumb.

Oh, right you did not, that was the Strayan earlier on. Never mind that, then!

The anti satellite will indeed be am major concern in future conflicts. No doubt about that.
I'd even go so far and say that china will get nuked as soon as they start shooting satellites, since Kessler-yndrome is nothing to joke about.
Such an attack could easily threaten billions of civilan lives.

>The mathematics behind shooting a tiny moving target literally thousands of miles away is like sniping with artillery pieces.
LOL no it's not

kessler syndrome like its shown in the movies is a bit of a meme, you'd never start seeing it visually without a few orders of magnitude more satellites in orbit. But as you said it is still a concern, one small piece of shrapnel can do a whole lot of damage to those unprotected craft.

I know that it would not look as dramatic, I read some articles about it.

What I see is, that the well-being and livelihood of so many people and economies depends so much on functional satellite networks - threatening these satellites would very much justify nuclear retaliation.

No its not I was being rather facetious; rocket science isn't THAT hard as memes make it out to be. But it's not something that just anyone could do either. And the fact China can do it successfully, proves they aren't some backwards military limited to human wave attacks, which was my point.

Nukes are an interesting thing, as they act as an equaliser, but their deterrence factor basically means they'll never be used. They're a chip you can only play once, and so its the ultimate pis-aller, a final fuck you if you were defeated militarily.
Though there is a move by superpowers (and wannabes too) to a first-strike doctrine. I'm not high-up enough to know if thats legit or just posturing, but it could mean its more likely.

But no-one would risk going nuclear over downed satellites, that'd be short sighted (you lose a satellite then the world as we know it is blown up?).

A war with China will be more about alliances and economics than about anything else.

China is only the threat it is, because they're in a colonial drive mode, what with Africa and SCS. America is the dominant empire right now, and its all abstract - done by debt like the mafia coercing citizens. Seriously, USA's Foreign Aid budget is all about coercion and dominance. China as the leading developing country knows this, and is prepping to challenge them. But they are not ready right now.
My money is on China being belligerent as geopolitical posturing. They have their own manifest destiny, so they need to challenge the US who has achieved theirs. The deciding factors will be which Less developed countries join them.

China seeks to re-assert its historical Ming-dynasty borders, and get all of Indochina + Korea + Japan as tributary countries. Then it ends. It is not seeking military conflict.

Bing Taiwan's territorial claims to see what they want. Mongolia likely will be re-joined with China in some way or another.

Know anything about the guidance on a hypersonic missile?

The further away it is fired, the more likely it is it will miss. The closer it is fired, the entire advantage is neutralized because they'll be dead before they can shoot it.

A satellite killer wouldn't be too hard to make in reality, just essentially take a grenade thats shaped to blast shrapnel forward and upscale it then put it on a rocket that can get close enough to the satellite then just blast away. Only one or two bits of shrapnel can kill a satellite. This could be a very real weapon and I could see it being used to take out specific satellites but would be too expensive to use on a mass scale.

>They're a chip you can only play once, and so its the ultimate pis-aller, a final fuck you if you were defeated militarily.
To a certaing degree the same can be said about anti satellite warfare.
Only a handfull of satellites need to be turned into clouds of space debris in order to deny acces to space to anyone for many decades.

Luckly the chinese do not have anti satellite capability in quantity, yet.

None of this matters. A single seawolf or Virginia class submarine carries enough firepower to flatten China.

Surprised no one has brought up dropping one nuke on the Three Gorges Dam.

Half of the country would be unlivable.

Why not just use a regular long range rocket and just wait for the satalite to be in position and just shoot up. China did that and while ago I do believe

possible but many satellites have manoeuvre jets (definitely all military ones on importance), while small can move it just enough that a fast missile going straight at it will miss. A plain missile will probably have better odds approaching slowly really, giving it ample time to correct for any changes and when in less than 100m getting just enough speed relative to damage it. They are fragile things and minor impacts can cause total failure.

The hard part is not the rocket, but the radar and controll network that provides accurate guidance.

this.
Killing a satellite is easy, getting close enough to kill it is the trick.