Why are churches still tax exempt? Why don't we revoke their tax exempt status?

Why are churches still tax exempt? Why don't we revoke their tax exempt status?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jZjVuZ2mcSI
investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/nonprofit-tax.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We should revoke the tax exempt status of sanctuary churches

Christian roots etc.

There's no proof that any god exists, so they're just providing a service.

Something like psychology?

Perhaps they should be taxed.

Well, churches aren't businesses, they are criminal enterprises. They don't produce anything, they don't provide services and they threaten people with hell and damnation if you don't want to give them money or attention.

Because churches provide many good services to the community and many organizations run by religious groups would go under immediately without tax exemption. I'm thinking summer camps, homeless shelters, soup kitchens, and many more.

this

I will resign from the church soon, because church-tax is 1,8% of income now. It really is too much.

I suppose Mosques and Synagogues get tax exempt as well

>This causes the republicans to completely remove the sanctuary protections in exchange for covering the tax exemptions.
>ICE teams start raiding churches deemed sanctuaries

Cap this.

ITT: Sup Forums doesn't understand how taxes work.

Even without the exempt status, you have to make a profit to pay taxes.
Revoking their tax exempt status would mostly mean they'd pay taxes on money spent on capital expenditures, but would get that back over time due to depreciation.
In the long run, the main difference would be extra paperwork, and less new church buildings, but no (long term) extra revenue for the government.

But I wouldn't expect Sup Forums to know anything about how the government works.

Obviously.

because churches are non-profit, what do you fucking think

Don't cut yourself on that edge

fuck off, faggot

Sanctuary red pill

youtu.be/jZjVuZ2mcSI

>non-profit organizations

Churches are non-profit organizations, and unlike your secularized societies, churches in the U.S. typically provide relief for public services, and are also active in helping people

ITT: amerifat doesn't understand what property tax is

Not an argument

>Spaniard doesn't understand what a non-profit organization is

Then again, you're European

The Christian churches have evolved into enemies of the people and the states. I hope they get stormed and burned down.

>I'm thinking summer camps, homeless shelters, soup kitchens, and many more.

These would all have charity or non-profit tax exemptions anyway though, why does the church itself get tax exemptions.

>Christianity doesn't produce anything
*Builds Western civilization*
*Feeds the homeless*
*Provides moral advice and psychological help to people who don't want to see the therapist Jew*
>...

boy-o everyone pays property tax. land isnt free

Are all Europeans morons when it comes to how taxes function in the U.S.?

investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/nonprofit-tax.asp

There is this thing called the 1st Amendment. Government cannot making a law respecting the establishment of a religion. Because of this, the government has no right to tax a church, since taxation would impose a burden of sorts on a church.

There are rules in place to prevent churches from doing some things in relation to politics.

If you tax churches, then you will have to allow them unfettered access to the government. If you think they have too much access and power now, go ahead, tax them and see what happens.

Actually, evil-user isn't wrong (except morally).
US churches don't pay property taxes.
Then again, the government decides who's a church and who isn't.
Remember Jonestown?
They left the US because they couldn't get tax-exempt status here.

>dosent provide any service, item, ect
>relies pretty much solely on donations and the help of their followers
>only thing it does is give a podium for the preacher to teach the bible
What the fuck are you going to tax? How many souls are saved per year?

>doesn't provide any service

wew

That's all well and dandy, but doesn't make up for clergy sporting luxury vehicles. A little good can't make up for a lot of bad. Tax them.

taxes are fines on doing things right.

there should be none.

Campaigning for mass immigration from third world nations in all western nations by all Christian denominations is a great disservice.

taxation is theft

>you have to make a profit to pay taxes
you dont have to make a profit to pay taxes i.e. property tax

>US churches don't pay property taxes
i am aware of this

Because they stay the fuck out of politics as it should be. This is one area I'm against Trump on.

Why are "not for profits" tax exempt, or have various tax incentives? The not for profits I know are all corrupt as fuck.

They are even more wasteful than public services so why should you deleguate those services to them ?

It's like donating to the Church to help the poor, most of the money will go to the Church, to people working for the Church, to build stuff for the Church and very little to the poor.

Wanna donate ? Find an association where everyone is volunteering.

You know what I meant by provide a service. I mean a service you pay for

Clergy members do pay taxes, it's just the church organization that doesn't

I would donate to the church (not the Catholic Church though) before I donate to any of the shady (((NGOs))) that operate in my city

Only Catholic and Orthodox churches should be tax exempt.

>hold on im gonna create my own feel good flavor of month interpretation of Christianity broadcast it on TV AND MAKE MONEY LOOK AT THIS HUGE CHURCH IM SO CHRISTIAN

I hope Martin Luther is enjoying the jaws of Satan

>Campaigning for mass immigration from third world nations in all western nations by all PROTESTANT* denominations is a great disservice.

*Protestants aren't Christian

Aramaic-speaking Ebonites are the only true Christians. Cult of Peter need not apply.

I love how they keep using "immigrants" instead of illegal immigrants to make it look like Trump is after every person even those that immigrated to US legally.

Shoo shoo evil child of Yakub, the egyptian pantheon is the only true religion

Revoking their tax-exempt status means they would be required to pay property tax. Are you always this retarded?

There's proof that kek exists. Just try to explain this shit.

This just isn't possible but it happened in a praise kek thread.

If you tax churches, then churches have the right to interfere in government.

Try it. In one month atheism will be illegal and you'll be in a cage waiting to be burned at the stake. This is a fight you will lose badly.

>rob a bank

Evil criminal that needs to go to jail

>cross the border illegally

Oh please stay here you pour soul

If you don't support Trump you support crime.

>we exempt them because they stay out of politics!
>evangelical voting bloc is half of Republican party
>pic related

I hate american politics because Americans have no concept of principles INDEPENDENT of the party and INDEPENDENT of the candidate. These past 3 months have proven everyone to be hypocrites from the use of the formerly hated and dreaded "Executive Orders" to the obstruction of the president because we don't like him.

Either obstructionism is bad, or it isn't. Either a president exercising full legal power over his massive inherited administration is bad or it isnt.

Hello, bizarro Poland.
It is not.

THAG MAKE FIRST RELIGION

U NO WORSHIP SHINY ROCK U GET CLUB

>Try it. In one month atheism will be illegal and you'll be in a cage waiting to be burned at the stake. This is a fight you will lose badly.

WHY AREN'T WE FUNDING THIS, can you imagine a leftists head explode once they realize that taxing the churches destroys the separation of church and state.

as a cuban american this is what pisses me off the most. they are trying to equate my dad who immigrated legally from spain in 1970 to some piece of shit who knowingly illegally crossed a border.

So a group with similar interests gets together and exercises a voting right that everybody in the country has while the rest of the population passes down their opportunity to participate and complains when the person they "support" loses an election?

Yeah, the "voting bloc" is the problem here...

Because "no immigrant is illegal!" remember? Liberals are fucking faggots and the Church is really no better these days.

OOHS AAAG OOOGHH

E E E E E OOOHGAH UUHHH

WE CAVE/POL/ NOW
SORRY NO PIC

No, your lack of education and reading comprehension is the problem. Re-read what I replied to and what I said you stupid fuck

Does scientology do anything nice things in america???

As a christian, I would love for that to happen. The threat of losing tax exempt status is a shackle that keeps the Church from interfering in politics. Just that or the removal of the law that requires churches to remain politically neutral (one of POTUS's campaign promises) would make great strides in changing the course of the nation for the better.

Kick these churches' doors in.

Churches aren't above the law, not even immigration laws.

Churches that pander to liberals like this are the same churches that care about their tax exempt status. Make a law that "sanctuary churches" are not tax-exempt and watch these churches die.

Maybe if you should have listened the catholic church on abortion, slavery, gay marriage and evangelization you wouldn't have gotten in that problem in first place.