Did you sort yourself out yet, pol?

did you sort yourself out yet, pol?

Other urls found in this thread:

selfauthoring.com/
youtube.com/user/JordanPetersonVideos
youtube.com/watch?v=Ixc9i1G7eew
plato.stanford.edu/entries/truth/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't want to pay $20 for the self-authoring suite tbqh.

Has anyone on Sup Forums done it? Is it worth it? Can I get it for free somewhere? I'm interested in sorting myself out, but I'm also wary that it's a weird new-agey scam.

wasnt it free for a while? and I think he said its the same he uses for his student.

Yeah, he talked about it being free in Nov. 2016 when he was on Joe Rogen, but I'm p. sure it costs money now.

did you ever check his patreon?

>free for those who pledge 5 bucks a month
sounds like a pretty good deal, thanks healthpack

that's not what I meant. makes 15k shekels a month.

I have everything I want except a wife, and its not looking bright on that front

Kike off, Sweden!

communist

In the process
I'm going to start his self writing courses tomorrow
selfauthoring.com/

What's the deal with this guy?

flying to toronto soon to train for six weeks to be a financial services advisor in training at a retail branch of a bank

basically been living as a neet otaku for 5 years, last 3 months I've been unemployed

I'm nervous about it, going from being a neet to having my own office and having to manage relations with many clients. But I have to do it, I can't keep doing this forever and never grow up. Although after a few years I'm hoping I can transition into a back office position.

quick rundown?

If you spent more than 3 years here, you'll see him like a being descended from whatever you believe in, I personally find him a genius, especially on his "personality lectures"

They're beautiful.
His channel: youtube.com/user/JordanPetersonVideos

The pic OP posted is from The Metaphysics of Pepe
youtube.com/watch?v=Ixc9i1G7eew

Really insightful, it's like thoughts you had but brushed them off as being "silly" or "stupid" because of self-loathing/low self-esteem.

Highly recommended

Prophet of Kek, the Son of Pepe, sent to guide us with the Kermitic Voice of Arcane Knowledge,

Grant me digits that I may inspire the faithful

He is a psychologist that is using outdated ideas of reality to make a flimsy bridge between Christianity and science, so that Christians can appear more reasonable.
He became popular on Sup Forums after the staff at the university he was in asked him to use SJW pronouns, and he publicly disagreed and made anti-SJW videos and interviews.

>He is a psychologist that is using outdated ideas of reality to make a flimsy bridge between Christianity and science, so that Christians can appear more reasonable.

That's the advantage of being a genius, you can go with either an atheist or a religeious approach and still have an argument.
I don't care about either so that doesn't do anything to me.

>He is a psychologist that is using outdated ideas of reality to make a flimsy bridge between Christianity and science, so that Christians can appear more reasonable.
This is probably true but I don't think it's out of the notion that he just loves Christianity and wants to promote it as the True Faith. He is doing it because he finds post-modernism terrifying and has us on a path to annihilation or at least totalitarianism

He is a cold warrior, atheism is USSR, secularism turned into politics is communism, and all that.
He is very vocal about the pursuit of secular ethics leading to destructive nihilism, treating people like a raw resource to be exploited, and all of that.
At the same time he is fighting a secular movement that tries to make life as safe and convenient to people as possible (SJWs with their trigger culture). He doesn't see the contradiction.

STILL WORKING ON IT GET OFF MY BACK MOTHERFUCKER

how do I into sorting out?

Well he's definitely against nihilism and worried about that as an end result of certain ideologies, but I don't think he's ever implied that secularism necessairly leads to that.

Thing is that he somewhat hijacks the terms religion and god, when he talks about things like religion he's talking about a darwinian evolution of stories and behaviours, culiminating in a sort of meta figure of as close to perfect morality as we can get.

That's got nothing to do with god and completely compatible with most of the materialistic thinking of modern atheists and secularists.

Saying that he bridges religion and science is basically a misrepresentation of what he does, it's more than he redefines religion and god to be something that actually makes sense in a rational universe.

I'm and atheist agnostic but I still find a lot of what he says palatable, but to call it religion in the classic christian sense is crazy. In fact he acknowledges it's only Christianity he references because it's what he's most familiar with, its very plausible that what he talks about is equally as coherent when talking about islam or whatever.

I think a lot of christians on pol have the wrong idea about this guy, he's not that kind of traditional christian at all.

>atheist agnostic

boooooooooring

read on christian esotericism then read some kierkegaard

I don't believe what I read in a book, I believe that for which there is evidence, and there's no evidence for traditional gods.

However I am perfectly happy with many of Petersons analysis of humans and behavior, things like meta heroes, dominance hierarchies, etc.

That's all based on observable behaviour and actual logic.

I don't think you got him. He is very much a God kinda guy, he just has a different God in mind.

For example, according to science, hierarchy is an evolutionary construct. Things were tried, some worked better, over time they took over the world. Hierarchy is one such thing, works very well, so much of life employs it. It is a result of life competing and evolving.
According to Peterson, hierarchy always existed. Before life, before Earth, before the universe. It always existed in a different plane of existence, and over time life discovered it, the same way humans discovered planets that were "always there", or the force of gravity and so on. Not invented, but discovered.
So you still have design patterns, things that exist and are objectively true, and people work hard to discover them. Discovering freedom, beauty, courage, and so on, has made our lives better, and who knows what else is there to discover.
Those are his gods. Instead of calling them the God of Beauty or the God of Music, he calls them the forms or patterns or ideas.

Another place where he is in opposition to secular reason is when he claims that the only true things are those that are useful to us. Using Darwinism, he will insist that evolutionary "dead ends" are not true, they are not facts, they are wrong and not real. Thus nuclear war is not real. It is fake, it doesn't happen. Communism is not real, SJWs are not real, anything he dislikes is not real. Only things that are useful, like beauty and courage, are real. The others don't exist, they are made up things that aren't found in that ethereal divine dimension where his Gods are, in the forms of patterns.

You fill wind he isn't exactly a scientific person.

Dug a new hole. All sorted.

Bergjuden.

I'm on my way there Dr. Peterson.

I'm trying real hard.

Are you saying that according to Bulgarian science, Darwinism is outdated?

I think his arguments are pretty sound, but I can't really see how he could fit in Christianity with it.

>flag insult+strawman+not getting the thing you are defending

4/10, mildly annoyed.

I've discussed this in a lot of the comment sections of his youtube lectures and on Sam Harris's reddit, and done a lot reading. I've watched his entire personality lecture series and maps of meaning series from last year.

I've not seen anywhere he claims that the hierarchy is anything more than an emergent property of the universe. If you have a video of him or a link to any of his work where is specifically addresses dominance hierarchies as somehow transcendent then let me have it. I don't think you'll find that, I've seen nothing in his work that leads me to believe he sees these things as somehow outside the material world (outside science)

Yes.

Have you read Plato's views on the Forms?
If so, you can find Peterson directly pointing to them as his inspiration for his idea Darwinism/memetics theories.
Basically look for when he says "archetype". His later work uses that term.

>Another place where he is in opposition to secular reason is when he claims that the only true things are those that are useful to us. Using Darwinism, he will insist that evolutionary "dead ends" are not true, they are not facts, they are wrong and not real. Thus nuclear war is not real. It is fake, it doesn't happen. Communism is not real, SJWs are not real, anything he dislikes is not real. Only things that are useful, like beauty and courage, are real. The others don't exist, they are made up things that aren't found in that ethereal divine dimension where his Gods are, in the forms of patterns.

This is where I think he goes wrong, he starts twisting what the word "true" mean because he want's to say that Christianity is true. It goes along with his entire "re-invigorate your father" story. He wants to save Christianity because it is the father of Western Civilization.

I have not seen all his lectures or read all his materials, but I can't really see how he goes from his excellent dominance hierarchy / pragmatic philosophy to saying that God is true.

>Not invented, but discovered.
You do realize there's a difference between discovering the concept of a seat and inventing a recliner, right?

>evidence
>actual logic

ugh

you're not going to respect muh digits? fine

read this book then. it won't fucking kill you to see other perspectives you know?

Tell that to Peterson, not me.

I don't see the contradiction either...Giving into people's short term demands might be disadvantageous for them in the long run.

Other than that he's a Pragmatist and a Jungian. His Pragmatism stems from his understanding of Jung and Nietzsche and to be more specific their failure to combat nihilism.
Now, I think they failed because there is no answer and if your civilization is at the point that you have to consciously worry about nihilism it's already too late to save it and the best you can hope for is for it to die with as much dignity as possible. The whole point of Peterson and why he adopts the Pragmatist definition of Truth - "True enough to act upon" is that his solution is to try to lead a "good life" before you start looking at the bigger picture (looking at the grand scale is staring at the abyss after all).
As far as I know Christianity only pertains to his definition of what a "good life" is.

Year watched Pinocchio 20 times already this week

>At the same time he is fighting a secular movement that tries to make life as safe and convenient to people as possible

If you've never been around the sort of people that run the world your ignorance is somewhat excusable, but Peterson use to teach at Harvard and has a vastly different life experience than you.

I've been at these sorts of institutions as well, so let me tell you a little something about what goes down there. I've sat in classrooms and had professors tell us about cures for diseases that the government decided shouldn't be public. I've listened to people brainstorm how to safely kill off 90-99% of the population because they are too stupid to deserve to live.

We could go on, but you get the point. This is the kind of shit Peterson has seen.

We're hurtling towards destruction and anyone with the slightest bit of relevant real world experience knows it. He isn't playing games talking about annihilation and we're living in far more dangerous era than the days before WW2.

If you don't get it, just be thankful that others do and are trying to do something about it.

I would love to put Peterson and Moldbug at the same table.

>you are too poor for the rich people school, thus you are wrong and don't get it and are wrong

lol
I was wrong in attempting to discuss shit on Sup Forums though, I grant that.

>According to Peterson, hierarchy always existed.
Sounds to me like I wouldn't need to.

I will send you $20 poor fag

No I've not read any Plato, I'm very familiar with the archetype and Petersons use of them though, that comes up in a lot of his videos. But again I don't see how this is anything other than emergent from physical systems.

Archetype in a darwinian view are constructed slowly over an evolution process, that distills the archetype out of aggregated behaviour measured over long periods of time.

I think we're mostly on the same page and I agree with a lot of what he says but there's just no way you can make that jump from talking about processes of evolution with regards to behaviour, to a transcendent god for which there's evidence, it's just nuts.

It does however get someone who is a secularist a lot close to a well established secular morality if you're not a favour of ones built off say the NAP for example.

I wish he could use some other examples other than fucking Pinocchio. I get what he is saying, especially how the divine can be found in art and how art and religion are the same thing, but I wish he would use stuff that's actually relevant.

>it won't fucking kill you to see other perspectives you know?
Sure, which is why I've probably watched about 40 hours of Petersons lectures since Dec last year, I'm not afraid of new perspectives but ultimately my world view is based on evidence and reason.

I have an extremely long reading list already so I'll add it and get around to it probably later in the year. But I'm always skeptical of this "hey bro read this and you'll just drop evidence as a requirement for belief"

Whatever happens I'm always going to demand evidence and reason for the existence of things, including god.

>you never met these people so you don't understand what they are like
t. Yank
>don't call me dumb and poor
t. Bulgarian

No its you who is what is wrong with Sup Forums

>yank: peterson is correct because he went to harvard, and you are wrong because you didn't
This is not an argument.

>moor: don't insult my favorite youtuber
This is also not an argument.

i remember watching a lecture where he said if you put a code in its free but i domt remember which one. You can find it if u look

>things no one said the post
Seems like you are butthurt even though no one is trolling you

>russian: umad :D
Not an argument.

>Too cheap to spend $20
Found the jew

i dont think what he say can be generalized to islam for the simple reason that islam stops being a pure religion and starts being an ideology due to having its own political system. Therefore it would lose a lot of what he talks about in the evolution of ideas.

Good

i havent perceived that clear cut narrative from him that you say he has. he generally examines or explores the symbols and relationships from a distance and has even said what he said doesnt have to be definitive or part of your belief system

you sound like a plebitor fagot though, you fucking cuck. i can smell the smartass condescendence

Maybe, I think my point wasn't so much that it allows for Islam as being a source of "good enough" morality/survival, but rather that Christianity isn't unique or special.

Insert a great many other religions instead of Islam and I think you'd find the point is the same. I think that's my point, the people who are christians on Sup Forums are reaching to make Peterson /ourguy/ but it might be a reach.

Partly what has made him popular among the nu-atheists which I guess to some degree I fall into, just without the autism, is that his take on religion is palatable to a great many of us and it works inside our secular world views.

I mean look at Sam's audience, many of them who are fans are siding with Peterson and asking he comes back on his podcast because he's really struck a chord with that particular crowd that me and many others fit into.

The moment you start adding gods back and in transcendence and move away from science and things you can prove, that's when this all falls apart.

I can't take an old fart seriously that cries on the internet like a bitch cause he got triggered by his own faggy thoughts, this is lefty behavior.
All of his shit is basic 101 stuff that became deprecated centuries ago, he goes to such an extreme it stops being Jungian but becomes new age-y Platonic.But this is the first time the alt right got a hack academic so obviously they will overrate him.It is sad that many wannabe Christians here rely on him as a source of empowerment, even thought he doesn't know anything about the dogma and is just trivializing with shit Family Guy tier references.

Go a head, waste your money on the intellectual equivalent of Slim Fast.Don't forget to support him on Patreon.
I don't mind people that watch him but those gullible idiots that throw money on this self help dogshit should be exterminated.

>le plebit cuck
yo go gril DEUS VULT day of the rope when?

And that's that

>That one Serb spewing vitriol in every JP thread

Just like Plato's World of Forms.

I think I'm slightly more sorted than I was 6 months ago. I never bought the book though.

you're missing the part where he says that religions are a rulebook on how to ACT.

religions can be factually wrong, as long as the MAKE YOU ACT in a beneficial way.

>religions can be factually wrong, as long as the MAKE YOU ACT in a beneficial way.

But according to his definitions of truth and fact, if they make you act in a beneficial way, they are by definition true and fact.
A scientifically false statement that is useful to you is actually not false, and true, and a fact, according to Peterson.

Therefore God does exist, because thinking he exists produces long term success in society. The fact that thinking he exists produces good outcomes makes him exist, Peterson says.

There's evidence that the self-authoring program helped a lot of people during their studies.

It's hardly surprising someone as butt frustrated as you is extra-special-snowflake-mad when other people actually try and mentally sort themselves out to better themselves.

He offers 100's of hours of university grade lectures for free on youtube and takes donations voluntarily from patrons to improve the quality and production value of them because that was a common request by fans.

there is a domain beyond "the known" and silly human concepts such as "evidence" "reason" and "belief" become irrelevant when you transcend the safeguards that were put to keep you from going insane

nihilism is just a stage. it's the realization of how once important and crucial concepts are actually trivial beliefs, self imposed illusions, including your strictly enforced need for an "evidence". it's not something to combat as bulgarbro suggested. it should be accepted and from there you have to let go of yourself into "unknown". this is where you have to abandon your old ways and start using your newly found faculties

beware though, this path is shrouded and WILL lead to mandatory madness. it's not for the "oh I just want to feel good" type of seeker and the weak willed. your mind will not like it one bit

apologies if this all comes as gibberish, this is the best I can do using english as a turkroach

mad

there are many useful definitions of truth

plato.stanford.edu/entries/truth/

it's useful to use them all as TOOLS, and not to have to decide on One Superior.

In reality you pick the one that suits you, and go with it until it no longer suits you, then you drop it like a used condom and apply another.

Peterson uses his Darwinian truth halfway through, then switches to secular truth and hopefully nobody notices, and there we go - proof of God!

>since the dawn of time

Uh, whatever.

Stop responding
He is shitposting

>But according to his definitions of truth and fact, if they make you act in a beneficial way, they are by definition true and fact.

So stop saying "true".

Say Darwinian-true and Correspondence-true and pragmatic-true and coherence-true.

There is no absolute true. Because "true" is your judgment of statements.

"True" is an element of your mind, not of the reality outside of your mind.

Yes, there is an objective reality out there, but saying something is true is a JUDGMENT of "sentences" about that reality.

A: "there is rock outside my house"
B: "yes, that [sentence] is true"

>There's evidence that the self-authoring program helped a lot of people during their studies.
Hippy degenerates also claim that their visit to some Indian Guru helped them a lot
> to improve the quality and production value of them because that was a common request by fans.
Dude he makes 15k on patreon alone, how expensive are cameras?I don't mind people making money but I do mind naive people.

>mentally sort themselves out to better themselves.
You know how childish this sounds?The belief that life is this ridiculously complex thing that you need a wise sage to share his great wisdom, to spout obvious shit like "to be da mayn u gotta be the mayn, you gotta know your priorities and you gots to be focused and work hard and make your dreams come true", this is silly.All self help camps are blue pilled cesspools filled with losers of epic magnitude.

You're a fucking idiot

He defends religion, that's all, because he sees how belief systems (religious or not) are important from a psychological perspective

And they are. If a society doesn't agree on a belief system (again, religious or not), then that society will crumble

Now sort yourself out.

His patron was around 2k before the media storm.

People donated because they thought Peterson was putting his career at risk speaking up for what he thought.

>If a society doesn't agree on a belief system (again, religious or not), then that society will crumble

exactly. Without a shared system of beliefs, there will be total conflict in society.

E.g. consider Muslims in the West. They have a different set of expectations on how people should behave, so there MUST be conflict.

This doesn't even require Islam to be Evil(tm). It's enough for it to be DIFFERENT.

It's a conflict of operating systems. Don't mix BSD with Windows.

Are there any torrents with this program? I don't feel like giving money to some asshole who makes more money in a month than I do in a year.

The guy is intelligent but he is an idiot.

maybe you should become a gay bottom boy on camera then

Unlike you, I'm not gay.

>Hippy degenerates also claim that their visit to some Indian Guru helped them a lot
Right and that's anecdotal, but the evidence of increased grades for students who did the self authoring suite before their studies is fact based.
>Dude he makes 15k on patreon alone, how expensive are cameras?I don't mind people making money but I do mind naive people.
Well in all fairness he's spent money on professional camera, professional audio and whatever is required to record and mix that. As well as someone paid to operate the camera and then edit the work together. That's not cheap.

The reason his Patreon exploded is that people not only want to see more of his work and in better quality, but he was also at risk of losing his job because of holding the views he does and standing up for them. The c16 bill debate at the UoT almost got him dismissed, you can find the threatening letters read out on his youtube channel.

Basic capitalism at work, provide something of value and people will compensate you for it.

>You know how childish this sounds?
To you? Probably very childish. I think that tells us a lot more about you than it does about Peterson, famalam.

>Een neukend blad