UK Government trying to kill off UK solar industry before it can become cheapest form of electricity

>independent.co.uk/environment/solar-energy-uk-government-accused-trying-to-kill-off-climate-change-theresa-may-a7570161.html

>The Government has been accused of trying to kill off Britain’s solar energy industry just as it is about to become one of the cheapest suppliers of electricity – with no need for any kind of state subsidy.

>In fact, according to the Government’s own projections, only onshore windfarms could provide cheaper power within the next decade or so – and the Conservatives pledged in the party’s election manifesto to “halt their spread”.

What the hell makes them think that lower energy costs is something that the British public don't want enough to make it a manifesto pledge?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3770523/Oliver-Amelia-popular-baby-names.html
msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/germany-isnt-sunnier-the-us
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Science magic is evil and frightens Mohammed.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3770523/Oliver-Amelia-popular-baby-names.html

>solar
>cheapest
Yeah maybe in 120 years. What are you idiots burning for power right now, silver?

any bongs with more info on this.

I am hearing some murmurings about solar maybe kinda almost maybe crossing one of those technology thressholds where it basically becomes viable... which of course means it's all out "the best" ignoring some of it's obvious shortcomings

but solar in bongistan? Do you guys even get any sunlight? Sounds like fake news

i wouldn't want the Jews taxing the sun either

How would solar power work in all that smog anyways
US - 2
UK - 0

Solar energy is liberal bullshit. We need to burn more coal first

Yeah that's bullshit. That subsidized coal plant would have to have been build any way, because solar always needs backup.

Until solar is cheaper than FUEL cost for a fossil energy plant it's not economical. It might get there in the next decade around the equator, but not the fucking UK.

>derp solar will be cheapest
>but we CANT allow it to vompete in the market with other alternatives!!
this is what statist twats actually believe

>Taxing the sunlight
>statists are ok with this

>oi mate, those fucking sunlight war warming up you're roof there, you sure you got a license for that?
>n-no officers i thought
>you cheeky cunt, that's a 500 bongbucks fine to the queen!

>The sun literally powers everything.
>God has shown us the way with plants.
>Not wanting nearly free energy.

You aren't white if you don't want to wrap a Dyson sphere around the sun.

All fossil fuelss recieve billions of subsidies every year.

Where are the panels? Not in UK I suppose, it always rains there.

Solar's bullshit anyway, the UK wants to renewable either go tidal or shove a bunch of windfarms off Cornwall, Norn and Scotland.

Why is everyone so hung up on cheap?

if alternative energy sources like wind and solar work so well why do they receive massive government subsidies and constantly need conventional backups? Should they not be able to compete and turn a profit without assistance?

Why is everyone so reluctant to use nuclear energy? Isn't it safer and more productive now, barring some major malfunction or disaster?

Because CO2 forcing is a fairy tale.

How economical is solar in UK when you only get 10 minutes of sunlight a day? Are you bongs retarded?

>Privatizing sunlight
>capitalists are ok with this

>hi Sven, thosa sun rays look rather nice, have you got proof of a purchase?
>n-no Erik, I don't know wha-
>you little svidish meatball, that's it you're going to be culturally enriched

>muh chernobyl
>muh fukushima
>muh 3 mile island

daily reminder anti-nuclear is pro-coal. behold your liberation

Jews.

> sun
> the UK
Pick only one

It's not about british public not wanting it - it's about the energy and utility companies not wanting it.

Decentralized power generation means no more exorbitant pricing/middleman parasitism on the middle class. This is already a huge issue in parts of Australia where people have bought solar panels and gone off the grid completely. What happened? Utility company death spiral. The utility companies had to raise their rates. Higher rates = more people buying solar. Snake eats its tail.

There was talk about establishing a tax to keep the utility companies alive; I guess because corporations now have a constitutionally certified right to make profits that they've all pulled out of their collective asses.

So it wouldn't surprise me to see the same thing happening in the UK.

Solar is shit you fucking retarded cunt. Kill yourself.

If every uneducated faggot that genuinely believed solar/wind power was viable were to just fucking die overnight, nothing of value would be lost.

Something similar happening literally in Australia right now NSW expected to see brownouts during heatwave over the weekend after WA had same problem a few days ago...... Something strange is going on, I mean ffs can't the power companies take a loss if they have to fire up coal plants for a few days? There literally blaming global warming on the mainstream media.

Yeah because we got so much fucking sunlight right?

Old lady round the corner woke up to some gypsys trying to rip solar panels off her roof.

>OI OI YA CHEEKI GIT YOUSES BEENZ STEALINZ ME SUN YOUS ZOGIN NOB

The tl;dr is oil companies killed nuclear

Slightly longer version: the US turned the US dollar into the petrodollar through some good negotiations with oil producing countires, which enabled worldwide economic domination by the US and the defeat of the USSR. It also meant the oil companies made big bank, and any energy source threatening oil had to by stymied lest it damage the geopolitical position the US managed to maneuver itself within.

That's the real reason nuclear virtually stopped being worked on overnight and was tarnished with so much hyperbolic bad press. It's the biggest, safest, and best alternative to oil/gas, during a period in which the dominance of oil/gas ensures american economic dominance in the world.

>Pushing solar
>Rainiest, cloudiest rock island
>Conspiracy to kill it

kek

Coal burning is all America does though.

Having more solar is what we need and if we don't do it someone else will and beat us.

And big government should stay out of the energy market.

>UK
>sun

There's not much to kill. The UK has like 20 days of sun per year. All the other day is a mix of fog and rain.

Your leadership are pedophile cannibal vampiric people.

Oil production is a vampiric action.

Solar is popular in residential neighbourhoods because you can put it on your roof and it gives you free power, and the government used to heavily subsidise them as it was free for them too (no land used, no new infrastructure required and no resources required to operate)

You fuckers don't even have sun.

We have solar here and its completely fucking useless because it can't keep a constant supply or handle sudden high demand.

We'll that's fine in July, what are you bog trotters gonna do the other 11 months of fogshine you get in the year?

In the US solar might actually make sense soon'ish. You have high sun-day deserts.

Of course if you actually try to fill some of your deserts the hippies heads will explode. Natural habitat destruction, oh noes.

Tfw mining for supplies needed for solar panels and batteries is actually more harmful for the environment than simply drilling for a liquid underground

>uk
>sun

They don't seem to have a problem putting those giant ugly windmills everywhere

>What the hell makes them think that lower energy costs is something that the British public don't want enough to make it a manifesto pledge?

Saudi Arabia.

The oil industry sure is out in full force today, you guys should stop repeating the same phrase over and over or everyone will notice.

>muh solar
Hahahhahaha, Muslims don't give a damn about green energy you left wing faggot. Welcome to the new UK. I hope you like coal.

Lithium recycles better than oil though.

Even with current usage levels, it'll run out before oil

Oil companies don't want any competition including nuclear.

Shrug, there's always aluminium.

Regardless of the global warming scam we will have to go mostly electric sooner or later. Using electricity to synthesize hydrocarbons is unlikely to ever be more efficient than batteries.

It requires resources to build them and they are providing no power of consequence unless in direct light for several hours. They're worthless in your country m8. Muslims are doing you a favor by ending this madness and giving your women some manly children.

>implying solar power can work in the foggiest, rainiest country in europe

>t. bob dudley

Solar is actually horribly energy inefficient.
It's just there to stroke the ego's of virtue-signalling narcissists.

Say it with me:
>UN
>CONSTITUTIONAL

>become cheapest form of electricity
hahahahahah

As someone that works in the renewable industry I can tell you that this will not happen for at least 100 years. I really don't think the UK government is planning 100 years into the future.
As it stands solar is a complete waste of time and all you fucks trying to subsidise the current shitty tech are making it damn near impossible for anyone actually trying to improve it.

But yeah there's got to be something more efficient out there waiting to be discovered if it's not already being suppressed

I just disagree with pushing current technology like it's efficient, cost effective or sustainable

That's where people always go wrong
I'd be perfectly fine with the government pouring tons of money into real research for alternatives to oil
Not just subsidizing unsustainable companies

We can line the wall with them

>Solar power in the UK
>What is overcast
>What is cosine loss

Libtards confirmed for asinine.

Of course the tough guy joe lunchbucket conservative of Sup Forums will think this is a good idea to halt renewable energy sources. Their coffee and cigarette lifestyle while revving their diesel engine gas hog resists the coming new era of technology.

>nuclear power plants are cheap
>creating nuclear fuel is cheap
>getting rid of depleted uranium is cheap/possible
>you dont spend 700 billions a year for a military that assures your access to oil

burger logic once again

>All these idiotic posts about sunlight in the UK
You do realise Solar Panels can generate 25% more of their capacity without direct sunlight in overcast areas right?

You did know that didn't you? Also solar is shit, we should have fusion reactors by now. Also stop insulting the UK, we've been doing some good uncucking this past week, it is time Sup Forums, especially the cunty Americans which have been very cunty indeed (despite us defending them) need to show some more respect, or they will be raped and stabbed with cancer infected needles and they will die screaming in pain until they bleed!

Yes you will.

>need to show some more respect, or they will be raped

Muslim confirmed

>Solar power
>Britain

You haven't been here long, have you? We get less sunlight than a Fritzl.

I think you mean ''tanned'' briton

Good. It's not the cheapest form of energy, just one of the most heavily subsidised.

Also solar is absolutely shit this far north.

>Sun can't provide energy to the UK
Plants disagree, but I suppose even they have a higher IQ than half of this board.

When we get perovskites into the manufacturing stream, which should happen within the next 5 years, they absolutely will be

It's never a good idea to talk about shit you don't know about. It makes you look like an idiot.

>>Solar power in the UK
>>What is overcast

msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/germany-isnt-sunnier-the-us

Germany isn’t sunnier than the U.S. in fact it's about a sunny as Alaska and yet has half the world's solar capacity installed.

Burgers confirmed for ignorant.