Why the *BEEP* do Americans insist on complaining about property prices when houses are so cheap in the US?

Why the *BEEP* do Americans insist on complaining about property prices when houses are so cheap in the US?

Pic related: in my country, this would cost a minimum of $140,000 regardless of location.

Other urls found in this thread:

schumacherhomes.com/galleries/models/
zillow.com/homedetails/3310-Oneal-St-Knoxville-TN-37921/41637094_zpid/
zillow.com/homedetails/1771-Richard-Ln-Knoxville-TN-37914/41645632_zpid/
zillow.com/homedetails/695-Orchard-Ave-Bellevue-PA-15202/11325187_zpid/
onlyinyourstate.com/tennessee/the-10-richest-people-in-tennessee/
youtube.com/watch?v=mJgDfUIoyNE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

please respond

You'll probably be forced to pay back taxes on all those super cheap houses you see up for sale.

It doesn't suggest anything like that in the ads I've seen.

Because we don't always play the game of how many people can we stack on top of each other. Having a homestead is an American dream.

House looks like a cheap piece of shit.

Now here's a fucking house.

OF course they don't put that in the ad.

no one wants to live in West Virginia

Oh my god that kid looks like he has autism!

>>a
>fucking
>plywood
why do americans hate building their houses out of bricks or stone

The average British house is 76sq meters

I don't think they have to disclose it. Taxes are usually negotiated between buyer and seller

>custom built houses are cheaper than existing homes because you don't have to pay for real estate
>buy 2 acres in the country ~1 hr away from major city for dirt cheap
>have custom home like schumacherhomes.com/galleries/models/ built for cents on the dollar
>commute to the city in a fuel efficient car

ask me how I live in a giant house in the country for half the price of a medium-sized house in the city

Because our property values tanked since 2008

I can't sell my house

Also
>West Virginia

That's an anomaly. Typically the only homes you find under 100k are trailers and tiny ghetto crack dens.

Of course it also depends on location. In Phoenix for example, anything under 180k will be in spicsville and have to pay over 250k for decent houses in white areas. This is still reasonable.

Property on the outskirts of major cities is very expensive. You're not the only person with this idea.

"outskirts of major cities" is the suburbs. Of course suburbian property is more expensive.

I'm talking past the suburbs, in the small-town wilderness area.

It's not just an idea, I actually did it.

>in my country, this would cost a minimum of $140,000 regardless of location.
Thats because you're somewhere, regardless of location. The closest "city" to that house is Charleston, which has a population less than 100k and is eighty miles away.

Not saying it isn't desirable for some, but it's easy to get a cheap house in buttfuck nowhere.

Williamson, West Virginia, is one of the finest towns between New York and Los Angeles. A diamond in the proud coal-mining region of Mingo County. Heard of Dick Hensley? Heard of Bob Smith (NFL)? They're both honored citizens from this quaint, traditional community. You can't get much more American than Williamson, WV.

Rural property values are a great deal, it's just that most people don't want to live away from degenerate cities because apparently taking a 20 minute drive to go shopping for groceries is terrible or something.

Op this property was forclosed on. Looks like a piece of shit with no appliances. Those two pictures are probably the nicest two spots in the house

are houses realy cheap? Here even a small shitty house is atleast 150-200k

You only have to pay back taxes on auctioned houses.

The problem is that is a "sold as is" home.
Sold as is, means that there is a lot wrong with it. It could be excessive mold, water damage on floors, etc. That will cost on the low end at least 20k dollars to repair (if you're lucky and only one thing is wrong with it).

Houses are incredibly expensive in comparison to the earning wages of the citizens of The U.S.A.
Not as bad as Canada, but it's still pretty fucking bad.
I spent 120k on a 898 square foot house that is ten years old.

Yes, houses in America are obscenely cheap outside of New York, LA and Seattle.

>4 beds 3 baths 2,688 sqft
>$85,000
>Spacious 4 bedroom 3 bath Knoxville basement ranch features 2,688 square feet, attached garage parking, & large 0.43 acre lot in secluded area on private dead end street. Living room w/picture window & wood laminate flooring, ceramic tile eat-in kitchen w/plenty of cabinets, refrigerator, stainless steel oven/range, & patio door to back yard deck, huge master bedroom w/large walk-in closet & private master bath, 2nd bath on main level, big closets, central air & ceiling fans in almost every main level room, finished basement includes large family room area w/patio door to large side yard, 4th bedroom, 3rd full bath, 3rd living/recreational area, & laundry room area. 2+ car concrete driveway. Owner willing to take on FHA/VA required repairs. This location is private & separate from area.

zillow.com/homedetails/3310-Oneal-St-Knoxville-TN-37921/41637094_zpid/

>WV

gee i wonder why. similar house outside of Boston is 500k.

>house in literally where, west virginia
where
where exactly are you supposed to work?

>American real estate

The average wage in the US is $55,000.

The average wage in the UK is $30,000

In Australia the average middle class suburban house price is 500kAUD which is 381kUSD

because GB is so small you can bicycle to work from any location

>4 beds 3 baths 2,025 sqft
>$54,900

>nvestment opportunity for experienced flipper. Large home that needs complete renovation. 2025 sqft on 5.3 acres in country setting/Strawberry Plains area. Purchase price 54,900, ARV 200k+

zillow.com/homedetails/1771-Richard-Ln-Knoxville-TN-37914/41645632_zpid/

Very accurate I'd say

sorry and average wage is 75kAUD which is 57kUSD

>I spent 120k on a 898 square foot house that is ten years old.
Check your privilege you piece of shit. That would cost half a million pounds (approx $750k) in the UK.

>west virginia
>bottom of cabinets have mold on them
>toilet taped shut
>clearly foreclosure property
>probably full of bed bugs and roaches
>septic tanks probably full of shit or broke
>well is probably fucked which costs thousands of dollars

30K house turns into 100k house

move you america then you tea bag

I mean that's pretty comparable to anywhere that is actually livable in the US. Op's pic is an outlier in a shitty area no one would choose to live in.

mmm i can smell the debt already

>*BLEEP*

are you like twelve

it's also the hillbilly heroin capital of the USA

having a piece of property is one thing

defending it from a crackhead zombies is another

At the current rate of immigration in this country, a new house has to be built every 5 minutes. Compared to Amerilards our houses are crazy expensive because the sheer number of shitters showing up, we also don't have nearly as much land.

These homes are quite clearly falling apart.

Have you even repaired drywall? Rewired a breaker box? Installed a ceiling fan? Tiled a floor? If you can't do this, you have to hire someone to do it, and that costs easily three or four times more than doing it yourself.

look at the block foundation.It deteriorating and will need replaced $$$

You seriously believe that?
You do realize that the top 10% make more money per year then the entire 90% combined.
Take out the upper percentile and the average wage drops to something like 28k U.S.D. per year. Nearly cut in half.
That's still doesn't account for the nearly 30% that make less then that number yearly.
Now take into account geographical location.
I live in TN, 30k is a pretty good salary here.
30k in California however means you live in poverty.

Murica is a big fucking country, salary and housing prices change every few miles. Let alone across states, let alone across an entire country.

Americas got giant tracks of shit fucking land, stupid fucking asshole.

Buy one of those $30k houses. See how long you stay there.

yes

>4 beds 2 baths 2,024 sqft
>$85,000

>Old charmer in the heart of Bellevue. Original wood work throughout, Large rooms with high ceilings. Large usable attic space to make your own master suite, office, family room, game room..the options are endless! First floor laundry! Close to all amenities you will need on the main street of the ever growing business district of Bellevue

zillow.com/homedetails/695-Orchard-Ave-Bellevue-PA-15202/11325187_zpid/

My last flip just went under contract. Bought it for $52,000, put $42,000 into it, and just sold it for $138,500. Feels good famalam.

They're also clearly either in poor areas, owned by niggers, or both. That house has clearly been abused and neglected to the point of it being almost not worth repairing.

Thank you. I thought I was being ridiculous in my dismissal of cheaper properties in Phoenix but you confirmed it for me.

We have plenty of land, it's just most of it owned by people whose families have owned it for centuries.

>I live in TN, 30k is a pretty good salary here.

Ummm...

Management $75,760
Business & Financial Operations $56,320
Computer & Mathematical $65,770
Architecture & Engineering $68,540
Life, Physical, & Social Science $53,910
Community & Social Service $37,170
Legal $69,360
Education, Training, & Library $43,880
Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, & Media $38,170
Healthcare Practitioners & Technical $51,860
Healthcare Support $24,140
Protective Service $31,590
Food Preparation & Serving Related $18,540
Building & Grounds Cleaning & Maintenance $21,560
Personal Care & Service $19,430
Sales & Related $23,880
Office & Administrative Support $30,270
Farming, Fishing, & Forestry $25,380
Construction & Extraction $35,660
Installation, Maintenance, & Repair $40,150
Production $30,500
Transportation & Material Moving $28,410

>country ~1 hr away from major city

not everyone wants to spend 2+ hours a day in the car

A house made of fucking wood,
yeah m8, for sure a great house

Besides that, didn't we already had the same thread a few days ago?

California building codes.
There's so many earthquakes in california that literally no building is allowed to be built from bricks.
All homes are made out of plywood, because if a plywood house collapses, it won't kill you.
There's exceptions for skyscrapers obviously, but I've seen buildings as high as 6 stories being made from literally nothing buy plywood.
As for the rest of the country, they're generally just cheaper to build.
I want a brick house, fuck everyone who thinks otherwise.

You think I don't want to? Your immigration system has been specifically designed to prevent white people from immigrating.

no wonder your houses gets BTFO whenever the slightest storm hits, pathetic.

Those stats have super out lier earners baked into them. Gates, Buffet, Ellerson, Cuban ect ect

Generic McMansion, made with second hand chinese wood and plaster, built by illegal immigrants with an expected life of around 25 years tops before needing extensive renovation.

Yours for only 850,000 dollars and your first born son.

marry an american

>West Virginia

Umm...

Actually those are stats specific to Tennessee.

Mcmansion garbage

>McMansion
Is your house 50 square feet or something?

Don't fret, the bubble will burst after Brexit.

>*BEEP*
kys

Tennesee, which is dominated by Nashville?

Yeah, city wages are high. You pay out the ass for property though.

my point still stands
Believe it or not WV has some billionaires
onlyinyourstate.com/tennessee/the-10-richest-people-in-tennessee/

Makes me so glad I just moved out of London and bought a much bigger, nicer, newer home down Devon with lots of white neighbours. :)

>center right house
how in the fuck are you supposed to get a car in that garage without ruining everything

Hello fellow Brunswicker

Th-the statistics are skewed because of the nation as a whole.

Th-the statististics are skewed because of Nashville.

What next? Face it my man, Americans are rolling in money and have the choice pick of where to live. You guys are living on easy-mode.

>Why the *BEEP*
If it were not for those sick digits I would have killed you long ago.

Yeah, London is quickly becoming a city for the rich swarthes of people from all over the world to inhabit. We need another fire desu.

How long did you live in London for?

I'd rather not get JUSTed.

There are plenty of jobs you can work remotely from anywhere in the country

I don't think you understand just how population densities in the USA work and how they interact with wages.

London is great if you're very wealthy (posh fags and rich foreigners) or have low standards (immigrants and non-whites). Otherwise it's a fucking mudslime shithole.

stop being stupid google what out liar means

>Dog Fr*ck
Yeah but you gotta live on that street lmao

plenty of nice christian girls out there
youtube.com/watch?v=mJgDfUIoyNE

Because they're burgers

$44500 profit. Nice.

All my life, was born just outside the inner city and lived for 30 years in my hometown (Middlesex) London's changed so much in those years, I don't even recognize it anymore whereas down here I've settled in already and talk to all my neighbours.

leeching ass speculators need to GTFO

Liberal land prices are outrageous when it comes to home ownership. Let me give you an example. When I lived in Washington state, I lived in a 3 bed 2 bath no car garage house. Decent living, right? $1850 a month. I now live in Texas and live in a 3 bed 2 bath 2 car garage house. Figure it'd be more expensive, right? Nope. It's $1250 a month.

ah, right in the middle of vicodin county i see

>shitty broken house in middle of nowhere

How are is it to understand that a shitbox in the middle of nowhere is not valuable.

The difference between the UK and US is that we have a lot more "middle of nowhere"

Houses in places like SF are more expensive than fucking London

Its the generic term for those kinds of homes, big boxy vinyl siding covered turd built by the lowest bidder with the cheapest materials possible. I work construction doing work on custom design homes, mcmansions are shit. Frames to fragile for the size, and no one building them seems to own a level.

I make a lot of money coming in and repairing them after a few years of being lived in. These schmucks spend insane money to fix what the original contractors botched.

Either way, Britain has the smallest homes in Europe and North America.

Average British house size?
76sq meters

Average American house size?
731.52 square meters

Average UK house price?
$321.000

Average US house price?
$188,000

You have it E A S Y. And you don't have to have Muslims next door.

it's cheap only in decayed parts of the country where almost no one moves because there isn't any employment. That 30,000 USD house would be near unattainable for the locals.

>West Virginia
Nigga, really And the reason it costs the same throughout your country is because your country is small as shit dude. All property in Cali or NY state is expensive too.

Nicee.

>Brick exterior is a bonus

also, certain middle of nowheres are better than others. my grandparents' beach neighborhood has exploded with people paying $1m+ for shacks that originally sold for $4k

a broken shack at 55 Dogdick Parkway, West Virginia is a much cheaper middle of nowhere for many reasons

To add onto this further, when I lived in Washington, I had 4 jobs. All except one paid minimum wage which last I saw was $9.17 an hour. The other paid me a grand whopping total of 9.50. Now living in Texas, I've had 3 jobs. Minimum wage here is $7.25. And I've never been paid minimum wage. In fact, my first job started off at $9.50. Second 10.00 and this current job is 11 with incremental raises every 6 months I'm here. Raises are 50 cents. On top of that, I'll have excellent insurance after a year (4 months away) holiday pay. Holiday double time and discounts practically everywhere. Sure, it ain't shit still but it's better than Washington state.

Jealousy is a stinky cologne.