Farming "If we were to engage in massive deportations, our agricultural system would collapse," said Bruce Goldstein...

Farming "If we were to engage in massive deportations, our agricultural system would collapse," said Bruce Goldstein, the president of Farmworker Justice, a nonprofit that aims to improve farmers' living and working conditions.Will Collapse With Mass Deportations
>Of the1.5 to 2 million people working in agriculture today, at least 50% to 70% of farm workers are undocumented immigrants, according to arecent reportby the American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF).If the US were to deport a significant portion of them, the move could result in labor and food production shortages, Goldstein said.
>The AFBF report suggeststhat agricultural laborerswould behard to replace because of how grueling thework is —12-hour shifts in 100-degree weather (without overtime pay)are common. And relying on automated systems over human workers would be expensive for farm owners, especially on smaller farms, Goldsteinsays.
A large-scale labor shortage could thereforelead to a 5% to 6% jump in food prices for consumers, the report says.
>"The majority of farm workers in this country are undocumented. We need them, we should respect them, and we should grant them the chance to have an immigration status and a path to citizenship," Goldstein said. "If we don't figure that out, agriculture is in trouble."
businessinsider.com/trumps-deportation-agriculture-2017-2

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/09/22/us/immigrants-arent-taking-americans-jobs-new-study-finds.html?_r=0
nap.edu/read/23550/chapter/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

these are the jobs Drumpf voters wanted for themselves

>oy vey we can no longer pay substandard wages!!

Economic immigration advocacy is just another word for slavery.

>if you refuse to cave in, plenty of cheaters who make a living out of human trafficking will lose money
are we expected to care?

>5% to 6% jump in food prices
How will we ever survive?
>Bruce Goldstein
Every God damn time.

So mr Goldstein is admitting that there are far too many illegals working (meaning lower wages for everyone).
Sounds good, agriculture is the backbone of a country

>Goldstein

Every time.

(((Goldstein)))

Fuck these pieces of shit. They already massively overproduce as it is. "don't take away our unregulated labor. pls subsidize us ;_; gibs me dat"

I love how they think admitting the agricultural economy is so entirely fucked by illegals depressing wages is some kind of argument.

>Goldstein

Certain as the sun
As is now was then

Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme

Sup Forums was right again

I also forgot:
>gricultural laborerswould behard to replace because of how grueling thework is —12-hour shifts in 100-degree weather (without overtime pay)are common.
Maybe if you fire all these suckers and start paying higher, you'll get better (legal) workers who will be willing to do this grueling work for decent pay.
Assholes.

No, people would have to pay more for produce because they would actually have to pay Americans a decent wage to get workers.

Necessary evil.

Might also bring back small family farms

(((gold stein)))

or we'd invent machines to do it. Here's a helpful tip. Get machine to pull all strawberry plants . vibrate and Shake into padded bucket so they dont bruise. Move onto next plant. Left over plants to be sent to facility with paid american workers to make compost out of plant extras. Any extra strawberries left over get removed and sent to main packaging facility.

Faster. Cheaper. Less waste.

Big-Farma will be autonomous in 30 years. Who cares.

>depressing wages
but that's not true right wing retard
nytimes.com/2016/09/22/us/immigrants-arent-taking-americans-jobs-new-study-finds.html?_r=0

>OY VEY! WE NEED TO KEEP IMPORTING SLAVE LABOR TO REMAIN (((PROFITABLE)))

Goldstein?

Are you fucking kidding me?

I'm a normal, fucking right wing racist Russian JEW.

My people are provoking everyone and butting into things that they should stay out of. This shit will end up getting us expelled from the West!
What the flying fuck is wrong with these American Jews? What is this insanity?!

>Goldstein

If you import millions of second class citizens you eventually face your democracy collapsing.

Which is more important? Schlomos profits or your nation?

This. Kids detassle corn all day in the summer in the heartland. It's because the pay is great for young men.

What is your point? Either deporting immigrants will collapse agricultural industry because they do take those jobs, or they don't take those jobs and exporting them won't collapse the industry? Which is it?

By the way, he didn't even say this was the case, merely implying this wasn't a valid argument, so you wrongly assumed what he meant. Therefore, calling him a retard was quite ironic.

(((Goldstein)))

No, the companies would just be forced to pay higher wages so American nationals can fucking live off the jobs.

>The AFBF report suggeststhat agricultural laborerswould behard to replace because of how grueling thework is —12-hour shifts in 100-degree weather (without overtime pay)are common.

Fucking heaven, here I go.

>Please, Mr. Lincoln, we need slaves!

>its the people would literally starve to death if illegals didnt pick food meme

at least during the election the shills tried a little bit

>Take full advantage of illegal immigrants with long hours, low pay and bad working conditions and they can't fight it because you pay them under the table.
>Say no one will do this job if you deport the illegals being taken advantage of

Worker pay and conditions will improve once companies are desperate enough to fill those empty positions. Simple as that really.

>new york times
CREATE CONTEXT

If that farming couldn't be done in the US it would bring jobs to Mexico.

>Goldstein

Why is it always the Jewish surname?

This is a great thread. Thank you pol for supporting legal farmworkers trying to earn a decent livable wage, and helping small family farms compete against (((large-scale industrial farms))) that are ruining our country.

> we would not be able to use atrazine, because if we hire local teenagers, they`d be able to read labels on our canisters
> and then soros will defund chemical faggotry-inducement program
oi vey

>our agricultural system would collapse

Good, you fat fucks could lose a few pounds.

Robot berry pickers when?

25th post, best post.

>The majority of farm workers in this country are undocumented.

This has been illegal for years. Paying someone less than a dollar a day to pick your fruit is fucking disgusting.

To be honest anyone with a back yard should be growing their own food anyway. It's cheap and after a weekend of tilling and planting, you just water, feed, and spray for pests.

Canning your foods also takes less than a weekend and you're set for the winter.

So fucking easy.

>Rich people telling lies.
I'm shocked. Shocked I say!

>said Bruce Goldstein

it cites this report fuck nut
nap.edu/read/23550/chapter/1

I can't open my textile factory without child labor. These laws are anti-business and unamerican.

Automate then, cunt.

>we need our slaves

(((Goldstein))) talking about farming. I doubt he has ever been on a farm in his life. My Grand Father is 87 and he works his farm everyday. Fuck these spic excusers, and fuck Jews, they don't produce anything of use.

(((new study)))

>goldstein
more cheap labor goyim!

>Goldstein

It's a paid for report. They had a result they wanted and then they design the study to get that result.

It's incredibly unscientific.

>..said Bruce Goldstein, the president of Farmworker Justice,...

Goldstein oy vey

>trusting a failing newspaper

more propaganda bullshit
90% of agricultural is picked by machines.

I wasn't referring to whether or not the individual story was true, I was mocking the newspaper.

>Goldstein
>OY VEY, don't take away our illegal semi-slave labor force goy.
>If we need to hire America's it will be a shaoh for our bank accounts

why, there's no money in that, goy!

I love how this thread keeps calling out the Jew

So basically liberals are in favor of slavery?

I love liberals now!

I know that feel

These fucks make me so angry. If this county is taken over by the foreign horde, I will have no problem taking out my anger. They country would be fucked anyway.

They are economic liberals. How dare you oppress them and prevent them taking advantage of Mexicans?

The Dixiecrats were the ones most in favor of slavery back in the day, and started the KKK.

So, the left is fine with these people being exploited? How ironic.

Anyway, these jobs sound perfect for all the liberal cunts with useless sociology or women's studies degrees. Can give them some work experience and a testosterone boost.

>oy vey lememba da 6 mirrion

So pay people more so Americans will do the jobs.

Also notice how he's not the boss? He's """helping improve working conditions""". Quite literally controlled opposition.

they cant help themselves.

Automate everything, done

Every fucking study like that is the same.

>HURR, IMMIGRANTS OCCUPY JOBS CREATED AFTER THEIR ARRIVAL
Fuck off with that kikenomic bullshit. 13 million illegals aren't living in the US without occupying jobs that American workers could have.

There are 13 million illegals, and 5% of people aged 17-64 are unemployed, that's 10 million unemployed Americans.

Removing those illegals would UNDOUBTEDLY allow some of those Americans to find gainful employment.

>muh slave labor

Literally saying they refuse to pay people wages that the market demands because be built his business off of slaves

Literally fuck these people

As someone involved in agriculture, she's not wrong. Finding labour is the hardest thing, white people just feel like they're "above" doing manual labor on a farm. So most of the times we have to employ gypsies here because they're the only ones willing to do it and don't demand the salary of a ceo.
Public safety is all nice and good but none of you rich white boys would come to work on a farm.

>(((Goldstein)))
>nonprofit
Opinion disregarded.

They're right, of course
Kick out the hombres and impose further tariffs on food imports

Yes his title is a ducking joke. He is advocating for illegal immigrants to work on farms and he is called a "farm worker advocate".

Only in the US.

finally I see a single person on Sup Forums who understands how the system actually works

>iktf

What the fuck is wrong with or people.

Is this how based blacks feel when they see nogs?

where did food come from before brown people?

>we need to continue to exploit workers here illegally that have to way to fight back against our slave labor
>it's okay that our produce is artificially low because of this unnatural occurrence of slave labor

Wait... is there no working class in America? is it entirely made up of university educated people looking for higher paying careers. Help me understand, so everyone working minimum wage jobs in America are illegal immigrants?

My industry isn't viable without near slave labour.

Sounds like you should go under.

>Public safety is all nice and good but none of you rich white boys would come to work on a farm.

I would if the wages weren't depressed by having 30 million slave workers

"if we free the slaves than the entire cotton industry will collapse"

I can't believe these people are using humanitarian to excuse exploitation of minorities

>Gold
>Stein
>Goldstein

Disregard immediately.

>5% to 6%
that's an extra 5 dollars a month for me. big deal.

>Goldstein

>Trump and his deportations threaten our Victorian employment ethics
Let's face it. These farmers would engage in child labor and slavery if they thought they could get away with it. They put profit before morality and legality.

>Trump is a racist for stopping the exploitation of illegal immigrants
t. libtard

>The AFBF report suggeststhat agricultural laborerswould behard to replace because of how grueling thework is —12-hour shifts in 100-degree weather (without overtime pay)are common.
Is that shit even legal? I guess you don't care when you can just scream ''LA MIGRATION TRABAJO TRABAJO'' at your workers but still.

I have a feeling way too many get stuck in the "Joos dun liek whites" phase of the Redpill

Which is true, and white genocide (I'd honestly prefer calling it white displacement) really IS happening, but that's not the sole reason it's advocated so heavily and even by people who aren't semitic.

It is, at its core, a desire to have a class of serfs.

You see that a lot of the time when you hear someone say "They do the jobs nobody else wants to do".

NO FAGGOT!

IT'S JOBS /YOU/ DON'T WANT TO DO AND WANT TO PAY AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE FOR OTHERS TO DO.

FUCK YOU, THIS IS THE VERY MENTALITY YOU PEOPLE SEEM TO OPPOSE SO FUCKING HEAVILY.

(As someone involved in a family business I gotta say the temptation is big to advocate for that sort of thing. Do you know how much of a bother workers who know their rights - i.e natives - are? It's a giant mess).

You mean before urbanisation? People used to live on the countryside and willing to do agricultural jobs. Then these people moved to the cities and the farm owner is left there scratching his head who to employ. Same thing is happening in Japan and every other country, they have to hire chinese and korean immigrants because the local population just finds it "below their rank" to work on the field. They'd literally rather be beggars in the metro than go and harvest cabbage.
Sure, have fun with no food then I guess.
Manual labour is already very expensive. This is why people look for mechanisation at every possible place. Blame the market dude, if I could sell my wares for twices as much I'd pay people twice as much but no one would buy it then and just buy the goods of the dude who employs 30 mexicans.
Ultimately I guess this could be solved if agricultural products went up in price. But people wouldn't like that would they.

The funny thing is that this would hit rural Americans the hardest -- the very retards that put Trump in the White House in the first place.

This is hilarious to me.

You could use the temporary agricultural worker visa program. One of the farmers in my area likes it. He pays decently and treats his workers well. The same ones come back year by year.

It is difficult to get people to work in the fields. its a young person's game and many undocumented workers leave it as soon as they can get a job in a canning plant with fake ID.

I'd rather have the program workers than the gypsies in the community, though.

And I have spent time, quite a bit of time, harvesting fruit as well as working all day in my family's big country garden.

Another problem is that there are fewer young people in rural, ag areas. Most families only have 2 or 3 kids, not 10 like in the '50s.

If I were you, I'd look into the program even if it will cost you a little more. Your neighbors might like you a little better.

is not the immigrants from the rural area that should be deported immediate, but rather from the metro areas. you know, the beamers in east la

Man I'm a Jew but its gotten to the point where when I see pro-non-white people propaganda written by a Jew I just start laughing and stop reading. Like do they really think this isn't super fucking obvious? Like at least change your name and edit out your religion from your wikipedia page if you are going to shill for shit like this.

Hey look. More people openly admitting to breaking the law.

Fine them to the fullest extent. Fuck em.

It's like they remember the Holocaust but have no FUCKING clue WHY IT HAPPENED TO THEM.

What the fuck!

well gee user if only the entire agricultural industry had been smart enough to read the output of some random know-nothing on Sup Forums this problem would never have arisen

>Faster. Cheaper. Less waste.

it isn't
that's the problem

>Goldstein
Really wiggles the noggin

Hey without immigrants where the fuck are we going to find people to work for a slave like salary?

B-but the jobs immigrants were taking were neurosurgeon jobs! Why on earth would anyone want to be a farmer, doesn't everyone live in an ivory tower like me?!

Teenagers should be doing those jobs anyway.

It's true, you need to abolish the minimum wage
It will bring back jobs, and lower the prices of everything made in America

>none of you rich white boys would come to work on a farm
so, how much are you going to pay me?