Well, fuck. One of my favorite bands turned out to be Marxists. This is a bad feel

Well, fuck. One of my favorite bands turned out to be Marxists. This is a bad feel.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yqrAPOZxgzU
youtube.com/watch?v=21FFBy46q0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>assuming musicians have any grasp on the real world, any intellect, or any integrity at all and are not just whores who would do anything for money

Top wew

But they have the power to persuade their fanbase.

What the hell does that matter?

>What the hell does that matter?
Because now people will hop on board willingly. Don't underestimate how much influence artists have.

This

Fanboys/girls are retarded anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=yqrAPOZxgzU

FASCIST REGIME

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just kind of confused as to why you are just getting this. This is how all artists are, useless greedy whores who will say/do anything to sell shit, and frequently DO say/do horrible shit and make lots of money off of it

Jesus, next you're gonna make a thread that says "did you guys know that democrats don't like white people?! What's up with that?"

It's that Depeche Mode hasn't really put out shit like this before. This is novel, though I'm aware that the majority of artists have generally left-leaning views.

HolyShit.
When I saw the pic I thought for a moment it's ZZ Top.

Dude... again... I think you are presuming you know more than you do

these guys were huge in the 80s and vocally took the left leaning stance on AIDS, the Cold War, and MTVs refusal to put blackartists on their channel.

Artists overall have been quiet these past eight years because it would be career suicide to disagree with black president, but now that trumps in office they get to pull the ole "pseudo-political message" thing and cash in on naive liberal money

the music isn't that bad tb(h)

still should be shot

>He sings of bigots "turning back our history" on "Backwards," cheekily calls for change in "Where's the Revolution?" ("Who's making your decisions," he sings, "you or your religion?") and looks inward on the brooding "Poison Heart." Musically, these songs are dark-hued with complex textures that are both icy and warm sounding, harkening back to the group's Violator era while still sounding musically like an extension of their last album, 2013's Delta Machine.

>"As far as trashy tv goes, the Republican debate was a lot of fun"

Dave Gahan everyone.

>Dude... again... I think you are presuming you know more than you do
I'm not but alright.
>these guys were huge in the 80s and vocally took the left leaning stance on AIDS, the Cold War, and MTVs refusal to put blackartists on their channel.
And the culture back then was more to the left, rather than in the middle of this shift we're in now.
>Artists overall have been quiet these past eight years because it would be career suicide to disagree with black president, but now that trumps in office they get to pull the ole "pseudo-political message" thing and cash in on naive liberal money
I think it was a month or so before the election, and it might have fizzled out, but artists planned this "one new song against Trump a day" thing, and it's obvious that it wasn't entirely their brainchild. Depeche Mode probably did get a hefty payoff though yeah.

Most of DM's fanbase is composed of leftwing black wearing artsy people. You wouldn't change a lot of minds.

literally who

Not even joking... I thought that image was a meme and Depeche Mode was actually 3 or 4 black girls. I looked it up and sure enough I was wrong. It sounds like a nigger R&B group name from the 90s.

This, bards and actors have historically been untrusted elements of society. Bards were especially known for their mercenary espionage work.

It's a critic of lefties govermens

they are liberal

If you had better taste in music, you wouldn't have that problem.

>88
nice get
you baby boy

lmao no. DM is one of the biggest and longest running music acts in the world.

Martin writes the songs, Dave sings them. But what does the third guy do?

He manages the band.

Alan, used to make it sound amazing.

i've noticed white people are really bad at differentiating voices and deciphering accents.

Doesn't make them good.

WRONG

youtube.com/watch?v=21FFBy46q0s

They are. Especially their 80s-90s stuff.

>favorite bands
They're one of the most bland and boring bands I know.

I never understood why they're so popular.

Must have something to do with them just happening to get record deals that let them get their songs on the radio in a time before the internet was big, so what people heard on the radio was pretty all they had to choose from.

Depeche Mode is some of the most influential innovate music ever made.

ZZ Top is hillbilly trash for drunk bikers.
>Dude she's got legs lmao

Stop being a disgusting plebeian.

Styx made this video before the music video was released.

local radio stations have been pushing this shit song in an odd manner

DM is not Marxist at all

redpill me on coldplay

>having to look up Depeche Mode

are you 14

>depeche mode is still around
wew

They've been around for 37 years and releasing albums every 4 years nigga. They just sold out their new tour.

I don't like your attitude.

Hahaha, no they don't. Jon Finkleberg at the recording studio who put them on the air does.

This video is very clearly a criticism of communism.

Honestly, all of this will just put the entertainer profession back in its place next to hookers.

musician here.

I have to keep my views quiet to work with other musicians because 90% are retarded leftys

it fucking sucks I don't want to make like white supremacist skinhead music but fuck it would nice to not have to work with absolutely cucked SJW wannabe commies/anarchists for once

Why the fuck do you care what their political affiliation is? Can you not separate the person and the music you dense fuck?