Depression/pol/

Why there are so many depressed people?
Why suicide rates are so high?
Has it something to do with politics?
Why suicides weren't so prevalent in pas?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut–brain_axis
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depression, heartbreak and loneliness are as old as humanity itself. They existed even in Ancient Greece.

So killing myself is ok?

people are no longer fulfilled and let themselves be convinced that it isnt their fault, their brains just dont work right.

the second it 'isnt your fault' people will drop all motivation and willpower because they are now victims (something that is becoming very desirable in this society)

No. get an anime pillow or something

Probably this, they just were less reported as it wasn't considered as an illness

It's because life is pretty much the same grinding tragedy as it's always been, but we're constantly exposed to messaging that life is supposed to be pleasant. So we each think we have made uniquely bad life choices and are too embarrassed to reveal this to our friends.

We live inside an enormous delusion.

So depressed 12 year olds is somehow their own fault?
If this is true 'isnt your fault why niggers don't kill themselves?

So you mean media and other information shit has killed our ability of not comparing?

Yes. Not only that, but we are comparing our real lives to a delusional version of other people's lives.

This actually makes a lot of sense senpai

Then favela monkeys are still alive because those who live furthest from delusion live the best.
makes sense...

Well I tried to kill myself because I was an omega male who fell in love with a girl but couldn't even talk to her, thus getting the impression that he wasted the chance of his live and could never be happy again.
Maybe the omega male problem was just not such a big problem in the past. Maybe it's because of feminism.

i never said anything about the children, nothing is their fault. but i WAS a depressed 12 year old (thank god my father had the sense to not take me to a (((psychiatrist))) or something) for about half a year before my house was struch by lightning and every electronic device i owned (basically my whole life) was destroyed. it was only then i realized that you can only allow yourself to become depressed either by ignorance or weakness. if you know how to avoid those thought patterns and are motivated to do so then depression is a breeze to avoid unless you are legitimately brain-damaged in some way.

LEFTISM

ITS THE EFFECTS OF LEFTISM ON THE MIND

DEGENERACY EVERYWHERE

DEGENEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECEEEEEE

HANDING POWER TO WOMEN CAUSES THEM TO GO INSANE

CHILDREN NOT BEING RAISED AND MEN NOT MAKING ENOUGH SOCIETAL PROGRESS

FUCK LEFTISTS

>you can only allow yourself to become depressed either by ignorance or weakness
But what is this mysterious "weakness" that is somehow uniquely contemptible?

You admitted yourself that it was a chance occurrence that changed you. Is that your "strength"? Sounds more like luck.

weakness is the lack of desire to make things positive yourself instead of relying on outside forces like a woman. i never said i was weak (i was but thats aside the point), i said i was ignorant. i was too young to know how to deal with my negative thought loops because it had never happened to me. years later the same negativity came along and i couldnt stop it because i had succumbed to a weak way of life. i had the tools but i didnt use them because i was weak, and it was only after living with a bunch of drug-addicted faggots did i learn that allowing weakness into my mind is a path to suicide.

but keep taking your (((pills))).

I'm wanting to kill myself since 12 too only issue was I grew up in single parents household with step fathers so....

>single parents household
Yeah, that really fucks you up. Same for me. Children need both parents to turn out healthy and able to cope with this world.

Fucked me up good. i see no point in life because of this. No wonder blacks do drugs so much fatherless life leaves hole in your soul.

And especially in your teenage years you need this stable and reassuring family to survive because the world is, besides all the upsides, a dangerous and heartbreaking place to be. You need a place where you can withdraw to and talk to people who love you. But if your parents are split up it's a mess. Then the family is just as dangerous and unstable as the world around you and you're all on your own.

>Then the family is just as dangerous and unstable as the world around you and you're all on your own.
No shit had summer jobs since 12 , no family(here) sends kids to work until age 15. Got actually kicked out for a week at age 16 lived in fathers house (he lives there 3 weeks a year in summer) middle of winter +3oc. It just feels like you are fucking less of a human like a complete untermensch.

>It just feels like you are fucking less of a human like a complete untermensch.
Yes, children need the attention and love of their parents to survive. For me it wasn't even being sent to work or something, it was just this unhealthy atmosphere in the family, where no one talked to no one about anything personal. I got conveyed the message that it's better to keep everything to yourself, never express your affection to anyone, make everything a secret. No wonder when I got to highschool I had no clue how to talk to girls or even deal with the new emotions I had no words for.

>I got conveyed the message that it's better to keep everything to yourself, never express your affection to anyone, make everything a secret. No wonder when I got to highschool I had no clue how to talk to girls or even deal with the new emotions I had no words for.
Never had relationship loner than a week because of this...

Women.

Whats with them?

Basket-balt reporting in

I know Jonas. what happened?

A lot of 'depressed' people just have a bad gut microbiome, I think. If you have bad bacteria digesting your food, you are being chronically poisoned, and your digestive system can signal this to the brain.

Changes in diets over the past few decades probably eliminated a lot of sources of beneficial bacteria, while feeding detrimental bacteria.

Source?
I'd like to know.

They're the reason.

Elaborate Maple...

Mostly an idea based on personal experience.

The close connection between the digestive system and brain is well known, though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut–brain_axis