How Would Sup Forums Solve The Heroin Epidemic?

Here's the local news breakdown in my city day-by-day.

>OD in Walgreens parking lot
>OD in Home Depot parking lot
>OD in Target parking lot
>Cops to patrol Kroger parking lot 24/7 bc of overdoses and transactions

Today was OD at Bowtie Car Wash. The fact that it's 15 degrees out probably tipped off LE.

How do we solve this Sup Forums? All the schools and cops are carrying narcan now. I'm sure many of us have friends that have been addicted at one point or another. But I really don't see a solution other than tightening up the border. Even then, Afghan poppy production is way up and it's somehow getting into the country from places other than Mexico.

So what are our other solutions?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/portugal-decriminalised-drugs-14-years-ago-and-now-hardly-anyone-dies-from-overdosing-10301780.html
youtube.com/watch?v=nLsCC0LZxkY
globalresearch.ca/the-spoils-of-war-afghanistan-s-multibillion-dollar-heroin-trade/91
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shut down the CIA and watch the poppy supply (((mysteriously))) dry up.

Well that's the optimal solution of course. We need something more realistic though. Is there any chance for deterrence?

Flood the streets with police siezed heroin. Let natural selection take its course.

Kill them all Duterte style.

Would seem this is already happening

Big difference in context. Philippines is a third world shithole.

Switch it with meth. It isn't physically addictive and it makes people work more productively.

>>OD in Walgreens parking lot
>>OD in Home Depot parking lot
>>OD in Target parking lot

Sounds like a self-solving problem mate.

Supply it for very little qy below street dealer level but addicts must register

Wait for supply chain to collapse

Arrest all addicts on register and send them to geographically isolated location for a year and introduce death sentence or dealing it or possession

Legalise weed and tax it to pay for heroin rehab

Ban naloxone and sub's outside of treatment centers or hospitals

The degenerates either get clean or risk OD - problem will take care of itself

>meth
>not physically addictive

Send them here. We'll take care of them good.

People who do Heroin never truly recover, they're lost in a sense that most can't comprehend. I honestly feel as if the best course of action would be to do like Duterte, to put them out of their misery. My father OD'd on Heroin, after having been clean for 5 years, 5 years of him not being himself.

Over the past 3+ years they did the opposite here. Task forces crushed the meth market which left a whole that's now being filled with heroine. RIP rural VA.

on the right course here. you have some good suggestions.

what the fuck is the point of subs anyways? i barely ever hear of people getting off h with subs. seems like they just get addicted to subs and then switch back to h.

Sell hot shots..
Problem solves itself

That's why addicts never say they were addicts. They ARE addicts. My brother has been clean for 3 years. Rehab and love works, but they need to fill that whole with something else like food/sex/whatever.

weird that those two drugs appeal to the same types of people in many instances

sorry about your dad. that sounds like a terrible environment to grow up in. i honestly sympathize with your suggestion considering what i've seen in the addicts closest to me.

just doesn't seem practical in the states.

It should be legalized in the Midwest. The coasts can have weed and all that horseshit. here we need something stronger. just let us have a clean product, which we can measure the dose for accurately. you can make all that god damn off of it. just let the pharma companies run the shops, keep that monopoly its fine, just give me the stuff cheap and clean

*hole

>inb4 American education

The bupe in subs is just a weak opiod that doesn't get you high when mixed with naloxone

Instead of being dependent on H you become dependent on Subs

Sounds like your fathet was a weak little bitch and deserved to die.

>inb4 3edgy5me

starting to come around to this idea. this might be good for the south as well, but i have a hunch there'd be a backlash from the religious right. someone correct me if i'm wrong. i think this should all be open to debate.

Recovered heroin addict here. You're full of shit m8

i don't get it.
if politicians weren't held captive by the pharma industry, this would be seen as a completely moronic idea.

Free Heroin Day

One day only!

Congratulations m8. How'd you get clean? Need your input here.

So are the nog ghettos in the American cities.

Refuse to treat heroin ods and make sure that addicts get hotshots

We've been dealing with it here for decades now. We have yet to solve it.

The best we've done is make smackheads known as the absolute scum of the earth, which they are.

Portugal depenalized usage and treated addicts as if they were mentally sick.
They went from the higher usage rate in Europe to the lowest.

I don't know how much factor into this. Blacks mostly traffic in cocaine and marijuana.

Actual revolution?

By surviving an overdose and finally getting some things through my thick fuckin skull. Once an absolutely hardline, no compromise decision to quit has been made, the withdrawals actually get easier not harder. Its the same way that you will feel less hungry if you know you cannot eat and keep telling yourself that theres no point in feeling hungry. That said, after enough time passes you lose cravings and even forget what the drug felt like.

Once you're at that point, all thats left is to stay employed, productive, and generally have something to do throughout the day. Friends help too.

Now the most I'll do is smoke grass every now and again.

That's not what I heard.

>permanent psychosis(fact)
>better than a physical addiction that can be treated

>Supply it for very little qy below street dealer level but addicts must register
>Wait for supply chain to collapse

someone suggested this earlier. was this similar to the way Portugal handled it?

nah, you can take subs like medicine and hold down a job, same with methadone.

heroin is just too dysfunctional especially since its usually smoked snorted or injected.

they just want good goys to keep working so you have to give your addicts something.

there is a legal form for nearly everyones drug of choice.

Legalize it and let all the fucking morons kill themselves

I fucking hate how words like "epidemic" are used, as if heroin addiction is contagious. Let them OD and die, who the hell gives a shit. They don't even care about themselves so why should the public care?

>Is there any chance for deterrence?
Ban Narcan/Naloxone, people will die when they OD instead of ODing every other weekend. The drug is basically an enabler at this point.

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/portugal-decriminalised-drugs-14-years-ago-and-now-hardly-anyone-dies-from-overdosing-10301780.html

Have you been to Ohio lately?

Serious congratulations. That hardline, no compromise decision must have been hard to make. Keep your will strong and be an example for others. Glad you're still here.

Hope the solution isn't that everyone should have a non-lethal overdose.

I live in Covington. Reds season tickets.

>people dying from overdosing

Sounds like a self-correcting problem. So I don't see any issue here.

Human failures sorting themselves out is entertainment. And employment for others. The CIA are master trolls.

Let them die. Problem solved.

I'd be curious to know if chances of usage are affected by the size of peer group.

Say, if you live in a tiny town and hang out with a relatively small group of people, compared with a larger place where peer groups tend to be bigger.

How would you test that? Supply is higher in big towns, so you can't control for that external factor.

Step 1: decriminalize all drugs and close borders
Step 2: Open rehabs centers
Step 3: All of the money that we waste on the police force and jailing these "criminals" go to these rehab centers
Step 4: Educate students about the negative AND positive effects of drugs. Why drug addicts do drugs and why those aren't the answer.

Pfff.
>thinks meth is a better option
>thinks meth isn't addicting
>thinks meth heads are good productive members of society

TOP KEK

Cheaper cigarettes.

That's some Plebbit tier shit comedy right there.

The same way China did: just execute everyone using opium.

D R U G L E G A L I Z A T I ON

Mah nigga Milton Friedman said it best:
youtube.com/watch?v=nLsCC0LZxkY

>inb4 (Friedman)

90% of heroin entering US comes in from over the border.

Do exactly what Trump did. Tell Mexico fix the issue while we build a border to ensure this shit does not keep happening. If they don't, we will come do it for them.

Ban parking lots?
Put fentanyl in the supply to kill off all the junkies?

Around me state troopers were employed to replace the local police force for the past few years. All important places like schools and hospitals are stationed at all times.

>using one ()

Because when people are buying heroin it leads to violent crime and broken families, furthering breaking down what's left of American society.

Help the Taliban retake afghanistan

>How do we solve this Sup Forums?

we are solving it, news story about a new drug being used to cut heroin being imported from China W18 is 100 times more powerful than fentanyl

don't worry user, this is typical to see a lot of OD near an American regime change, the same thing happened when Reagan's people came in.

Ibogaine treatment centers. It literally cures opiate addition and bypasses withdrawal symptoms.

cut it with some shit that kills you

So it will be in the US if we don't act.

>Shut down the CIA and watch the poppy supply (((mysteriously))) dry up.

it's going to be very interesting if Trump actually wants to stop the flow of narcotics, is is the president's decision how the propaganda is used and how the drugs are sold, I never heard of a president just shutting down drug sales, sometimes they shut down a specific drug in favor of another

>(You)

Louisville?

we've been living with it for 100 years at least, honestly we should remove the legal restrictions around it (lowering the price and squeezing criminals out of the market) and put the budget into treatment

most of these homeless drug addicts are vets

Its probably because you live in Arkansas that's why

globalresearch.ca/the-spoils-of-war-afghanistan-s-multibillion-dollar-heroin-trade/91

just some food for thought, this is god's punishment for u.s. interventionism

This isn't 20 years ago, most of the world's opium is made by Mexico now

You're a lot less likely to OD with meth.
Smack addicts won't want to switch anyways

Wouldn't be hard if we really wanted to

The only real answer is to dry the supply, which will never happen entirely, but reducing the supply would price most junkies out, it's the best I've got really, and it could still potentially create crime hikes because heroine junkies get desperate as fuck.

>stop responding to overdose calls
>heroin epidemic solved in a week.

It really wasn't me that made the decision as much as the time became right for me to understand what I was doing. I have had easily over 5 old friends that are now dead from this shit, and who knows about the ones I lost track of. I was just one of the lucky ones, and once I realized this it all fell into place. I tried quitting many times prior to that incident but it never stuck until that happened, so in a way, I am very thankful for my overdose.

imbecile.

It's still not a solution either way, method comes with just as many issues as heroine just in different forms, and methods heads tend to be more violent and crazy.

Yeah it isn't 20 years ago, and it isn't 10 either. After the taliban lost power most of the world opium now comes from Afghanistan, who trade it largely to china.

I doubt you ever truly recovered, but I'm glad that you're doing better, user.

>legalize all drugs

>have government regulate how much drug(s) you can buy a day

>invest in more education

>stronger borders

Not my problem.

>legalize degeneracy
lets legalize prostitution and everything else while were at it. I mean if you make something illegal people will break le law anyway xD

Lace heroin with poison
Keep supply high, heroin cheap
Done

There have been times where I've been injured where my physician prescribed Vicodin for recovery. Taking it for the first time I can still remember the warm feeling of bliss wash over me like an ocean wave.

I've heard Heroin provides the same effects though stronger, so is it possible to take it recreationally like at a party and not obsess about it at all?

Ban parking lots.

Meth doesn't make you productive, it makes you think you're being productive when really you're just making a mess.

>lets legalize prostitution
We should

Kek/10

>legalize prostitution
Give me one good reason why we shouldn't.

Inb4: bait, it's a legitimate question user.

I disagree with most of what you said,

Legalize drugs sure. But it should be something that allows medical insurance companies to refuse to insure or raise insurance premiums for people using them.

Government programs should be disallowed if you are using as well.

I don't care if your a junkie but do it on your time and dime.

>I don't care if your a junkie
>your a junkie
>your
opinion discarded

Hahahaha! Fucking this!

>watch the poppy supply (((mysteriously))) dry up
Or we could carpet-bomb Afghanistan and stop guarding their fucking poppy fields for them.

This guy is on to something

>People get addicted to vicodin
>Hey guys can i take this way stronger drug and not get addicted?
Work it out you idiot. Don't do heroin unless you're prepared to get addicted.

The Chinese knew how to deal with drug epidemics.