Why I can buy an AR-15 but not a AK in Canada? That's fucking bullshit, what if I want?

Other urls found in this thread:

tacticalimports.ca/type-81-p-426.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because Canadian gun laws are on the same tier as California & New York. They ban weapons on a purely cosmetic basis because the lawmakers are beyond Fudd-tier.

On the bright side they have god-tier import laws.

They banned sales of AK because it looks bad, mean or something?

>god-tier import laws.

Whoopy doo, they can get cheaper milsurp slav shit. The only thing they can really get that you can't find in the US are SVT-40's. and those are shit. Good fucking luck getting anything nice from anywhere else without cutting it up to make it straight pull or pinning it down to 5 rounds.

I'm not privy to the exact details, but from what I understand yes.

So buy an AR, and then purchase a 7.62x39r upper.

So, back when they were making gun laws and deciding to ban guns, they picked up a gun mag from the states for military style hardware and just carpet banned everything.

Hence why if you actually look at what is banned there are spelling errors in the name of some of the guns etc.

I thought ar15s are restricted aswell. The better comparison is why a sks is unrestricted yet takes the exact same calibur as an ak47.

First off guns ownership is a privilege in Canada. Second, it was a knee jerk reaction to some shooting where yes it was banned because AKs are scary terrorist guns. Pic-related is an alternative that is still available though.

The AK is the weapon the bad guys use, you dunce. Why would any rational country let it's people have the bad guy weapon? That is like Hogwarts teaching the students Avada Kedavra or like the rebels wearing Stormtrooper armor.

That is literally the reason. They went through gun magazines and chose things that looked scary. The SPAS shotgun is prohib despite being semi/pump. The fucking HK G11 is prohib, as if anyone on the planet could get their hands on one, or ammo for it. It's madness.

The only reason AR15s made it into the restricted, as opposed to prohibited, category was because enough people used them in shooting sports that they raised a big stink about it.

You're too intelligent for me right now dude

Lol ftw is that thing

Try not to fall in love, darling.

Is the Norinco Type 81 legal to buy in Canada? It looks like an AK to me...

And why was the Mossberg Blaze prohibited when it's a fucking .22lr rifle like the 10/22, that has nothing to do with the AK except a similar appearance?

tacticalimports.ca/type-81-p-426.html

Why are you trying to use logic with our laws?

>trying to understand logic behind Canada gun laws
It's a shitty alternative of the AK for the leafs. It's legal, non-restricted, and shoots the same round as an AK.

Wait, they actually banned the G11? What are there, 3 prototypes locked up in the HK vaults, probably never to see the light of day again?

The RCMP are literally incompetent.

Fuck me, $1,000 for that piece of made in China rip-off shit...

i'll take a brand new production sks over an AR
>seriously sks are amazing brush guns

>ban canadians from owning guns, because they're scary terrorist looking
>bend over backwards for terrorists
they should just quit beatin' the devil round the stump, just throw up the sponge and bend an elbow already, till we’re all in a bender that’s hotter than a whorehouse on nickel night

Canadian dollar is worthless remember, that's like 700USD

Two things:
1. Chink guns aren't that bad, depending on which ones you get. The finish is not particularly great, but they work quite reliably.
2. The type 81 is an objectively better design than the AK, because they use a short-stroke gas system like the SKS. The Type 56 was the Chink verson of the AK47, the Type 81 was designed as an improvement (why they didn't just want to copy the AK74 I have no idea).

All gun stuff costs more in Canada. A piece of shit DPMS AR costs $600 in the States, that same rifle costs $1200 here. Only taking the exchange rate into account, it should cost a little under $800 here. That extra $400 is the premium companies charge for the paperwork and hassle of importing them.

It seems that any gangbanger and wannabee terrorist have an AK in Canada, where the fuck they buy those?

The Canadian mainland has something like 72000 kilometers of coastline. It has a population of around 35 million. 98% of its population lives within 200km of the US border. Good luck stopping a mildly determine smuggling outfit.

Across the largest undefended border in the world.

>DPMS
>shit

pick one

Fucking Americans

Muh
>Gun control doesn't work

It's like if your neighbour installs solar panels
so you set a bunch of tires on fire
then claim renewable energy increases air pollution 1000%

We should take extra judicial action on American gun stores that knowingly sell to straw purchasers
They hit Pakistani terrorists because they pose a threat to American lives, we should hit American international gun smugglers because they pose an undeniable threat to Canada.

Relative to other options, DPMS is on the budget end of ARs. They're not shit guns in general, since they go bang fairly reliably.

I own a norinco AR, and for a "shit" gun it's a fucking workhorse.

Or we can take extrajudicial action on Canadian politicians who support our absurd gun control laws, and then the smuggling ceases to be a problem.

>the smuggling ceases to be a problem.
People moving shit across the border isn't the problem, the problem is what happens when it gets here.
How dense are you

The shit that happens with them here is almost entirely due to drug prohibition, and a de-facto prohibition on concealed carry.

That first claim is bs for a variety of reasons

and people concealed carrying is the reason the murder rate went up so much last year
in Ottawa it tripled in 2016 over 2015

Here's a better idea: How about you just fuck off and we can have all the guns we want?