Ginsburg: I would change the electoral college

Ginsburg: I would change the electoral college

>Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg weighed in on one of the most controversial issues in electoral politics on Monday, saying that she would like to see the Electoral College changed.

>The admission came during a broad question from a student during an appearance at Stanford University who wondered what about society the liberal justice would like to change.

>"There are some things I would like to change, one is the Electoral College," the 83-year-old justice replied.

>“Someday there will be great people, great elected representatives who will say, ‘enough of this nonsense, let’s be the kind of legislature the United States should have,’” the 83-year-old judge added. "I hope that day will come when I’m still alive.”

thehill.com/homenews/news/318239-ginsburg-id-change-electoral-college
aol.com/article/news/2017/02/07/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-wants-to-change-the-electoral-college/21709071/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/crowdastudypopu00bongoog
diffen.com/difference/Anti-Federalist_vs_Federalist
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Commerce_Act_of_1887
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

She will perish this year

Drumpftards btfo once again

PERISH HEBE

Trump agrees with you, Ruth.

So no actual solution then, great. Thanks Ruth, great input.

fpbp

No one is btfo this is just her being political always, the shrivelled up old cunt wouldn't have said a thing if Clinton had won the election

bless us Kek and give us your kind chaos

we are but your servants and wish to see your miracles again

strike her down where she stands

With Jews you lose. The Founding Fathers were wise engineers - even if they didn't know it at the time.

I'm no cuck Republican, but I'm old enough to mourn the loss of straight, non-identity politics. 'Course that was enabled by there being pretty much just one identity.

These old ashkenazi jewish women live well into their hundreds. Not gonna happen. :^)

>berg

Surprised they haven't ruled that the electoral college is discriminatory and forced us to accept the popular vote yet

>With Jews you lose

Someone should tell Trump.

That kind of Constitutional change feels like it would expand out into more areas than just changing how President is elected. The whole of the US governance is geared towards preventing majority rule.

If you change the electoral college into a popular vote system it has to be weighted accordingly.
You can't leave California voting laws unchanged and you can't refuse to see IDs for voting, in 2016 1 more million people went voting compared to 2012 election, and they all voted for Hillary Clinton.

She's right, I cannot imagine how upset Trump would have been had he gotten the most votes but Clinton had skated by on a technicality.

I hope I live to see the NPVIC fix it. The EC screws over Republicans living in places like NY & CA, and Democrats living in the Deep South.

>(((they))) change the EC to make it more malleable to their will
>trump wins his second term by taking advantage the new format to win second term in a way that would have had him lose in the old format
Just imagine...
Suck a dick cali

can someone just kill this ugly jewess?

She doesn't like the electoral college,

but I bet she's fine with superdelegates.

Too bad she'll have an aneurysm by July.

ya i want it changed so california and new york mean even less

Collection of 50 sovereign states. EC is the only system that would work. Stop pretending that the US is a single entity. It's a collection of 50 entities. The popular vote will not work in a country like this, especially when a single blue state has over 90m people.

tldr; She is a crypt hag. Lack of proper civics education , along with propaganda in the media describing us as a Democracy, rather than a Democratic Republic, is the whole reason this is even an issue. This is really just another example of Federalist VS Anti-Federalists. National popular vote is fucking dumb for many reasons. Mainly because of how mass psychology words. See "The Crowd, study of popular mind".

In general, the media rarely refers to the country as a Democratic Republic. Pure democracy is a shitty idea, because "mob psychology" is a bad way to run a country. See: archive.org/details/crowdastudypopu00bongoog

A state is analogous to a country everywhere else. Popular vote exists inside the states. The states vote for President.

diffen.com/difference/Anti-Federalist_vs_Federalist

This was obvious for citizens, but once the Interstate Commerce Act of 1887 was passed, it gave the Federal Government expansive power and people now, are used to having the feds directly involved in their lives. So directly voting doesn't seem weird to people today, but it should.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Commerce_Act_of_1887

Exactly. 35% live to be over 100.

>Activist supreme court justices
Your job is to interpret the law not change it.

you have a lot more lurking on here to do, every US politician is in bed with the kikes. You think Trump would be any different?

DIE OLD LADY PEDO SCUM. When she was an attorney for pedophile-defending ACLU in 1977, she co-authored a bill to lower the age of sexual consent to age 12. No wonder Bill Clinton appointed her.